Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

The fearsome carnifex!... edition.

>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=LfephiFN76E [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (what the Lion calls Vulkan's dick pics folder)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the Dark Eldar! Long live Commorragh, the Eternal City!

VOLDUS
RULES
WHEN

That noob-IF friend from previous thread, what does gathering storm being over mean for dorn?

Emperor is still a nameless mutant.

Is there any reason to take additional marksman in a sniper drone team?

Gathering Storm is now gathered. It's time for the actual storm.

But Dorn's still going to stay dead.

Do Dedicated Transports take up force organisation slots?

Want to know how many venoms I can potentially spam.

Well that makes me sad.

First marksman might get dedded.

How's this for Kill Team?

Cypher rules yet?

Be still, user. If I learned anything from the 7th ed GK codex, it is that we should be as patient as possible. I wanted a new codex for my GK when I first started (tail end of 5th ed codex) because the books themselves looked cool...boy did I get monkey's paw'ed.

We Don't Know. I wouldn't put money on Dorn coming back, but at the same time I wasn't expecting Cypher or Guilliman to come back either. That said, as much as I'm a fan of Big Yellow himself, I'd put good money on him getting nothing. Marines got their shit for this story.

Get used to that, by the way. There's nine main chapters covered under the Space Marine banner. They can't do all of them every release, and given the chance, they prefer Ultramarines.

You can't just take one Sternguard or one Command Squad member. You're still limited to minimum squad sizes.

Also, what's your response to the inevitable Necron Kill-List? That one meltabomb won't be enough to deal with a Stalker.

been out for years, mate.

They don't.

> Heavy and Special weapon at 5 models
> 1 man command and sternguard squads
> 2 elite choices in Kill Teams

Have you even read the rules? It seems very much like you haven't.

no way theyre keeping the same rules

Question about Wrath of Magnus/Thousand Suns.

When Horrors split, do they count as the same unit for purposes of first blood or do I need to kill all the shit they spawned as well?

They form a new unit. You killed the first unit.

Is this legal? Is it retarded?

So Its not necessary to take more? I can just take 1 marksman and 9 drones? Why doesnt anybody do this?

Doesn't he grant them not-worthless BS?

I'd imagine we will be seeing a lot of guilliman when he's released. What are the best strats to deal with him?

Who is the only not gay as fuck loyalist primarch and why is it Vulkan?

He can't join units, so masses of small arms fire seems like it'll be a problem. no look-out-sirs and he can only make so many saves.

Oh shit you're right, if he dies they're nearly useless

more dunecrawlers, more neutron lasers.

shoot him to death

New unit, which means for Kill Points missions, you're going to like them if you can remove them fast enough.

one single D cannon

Venoms are fast attack but if taken as dedicated transport they don't take up a slot

wasn't kill points, but my opponent claimed I didn't get first blood as they are all the same unit.

Also, I now know the spawn don't inherit the obsec of the original horrors.

I mean most of your stuff is footslogging, which I've heard is bad.

Personally I'll just send an Avatar at him.

Not that it's gonna be an issue as the local Ultra-player only wants games against people he can bamboozle and rule-layer.

The unit requires one marksman, and allows you to buy two more. But beyond redundancy/ablative wounds, there's not a lot of reason to take a second or third marksman.

Markerlight sources are markerlights, though.

I've seen people put their marksman in intentional harm's way, getting him killed so that a whole wing of 9 sniper drones can join a Drone Controller Buffmander and zip around the battlefield.

my theory was to deepstrike most of the scions, put the vanguards in the taurox, if that's legal?

6T 6W, 2+/3++ means you'll need more than 350 pts of small arms fire to put him down in any quick fashion. Plus he will be shooting back as he moves up the table. Finally if you are dedicating so much shooting at him what AREN'T you shooting at.

The vanguard can't start the game in the taurox, but they can mount up turn 1.

Early reports are that he does NOT have eternal warrior, so @355 points Darkstrider in a Gunfort has a 60% chance of deleting him each round.

>ultramarines
most boring people in 40k play that shite
Shant be having a game with them

Kind of a weird question but I have been worrying about it for a while now.

How would you, I assume there are some other non-dudes in this thread, go about playing at a LGS without drawing attention from people who want to just hit on you forever?

I don't mind an honest "Hey want to be gf?" as long as they take a "No ty" without making things weird.

Damnit I just want to play or watch as a normal person.

He can't join units? He doesn't have IC?

Let the venom-spam commence!

He's a monstrous creature.
I've read that he does have EW. He'd be useless without it.

He's an MC

Just played apoc game, 46k per side. Had 8.5k units. All what left of them 4 thunderfires, 1 devastator with lasccanon, 2 ig sergeants, 2 ig commanders, half of veteran squad, marine command squad and my brother from another mother Pask. We won and stood our ground.

>He's a monstrous creature.
>He's an MC
So? That just means that Independent characters can't join *him.* If he has IC, though, he can still totally join other units as long as they don't have MCs/ICs.

> (You)
>I've read that he does have EW. He'd be useless without it.
He's T6, there's not a lot of S12 floating around to ID him. Darkstrider gets away with it by bringing him down to T5 and manning a S10 gun emplacement.

I was thinking of pairing a commander with them but I didnt think of intentionally getting the operator killed, thats fucking grim but perfect.

Grav, obviously, a sufficiently large amount of small arms fire (~70 Skitarii Vanguard, which is a lot even split over several turns) or sufficiently large tarpits, since even with his nova attack he'll struggle to take 50 Fearless conscripts with auto-hymns. He can be kited easily enough, and slows the rest of his army down to stay in the buff bubble.
I honestly think Cawl is stronger on balance, just because he doesn't charge an extra 150 points for EW and unnecessary levels of melee power. The UM player can admire his overstatted snowflake sword all day, he's not hitting anything in a Skitarii army that a Power Sword wouldn't hurt just the same.

he can in HoR Kill Team

>he can in HoR Kill Team
What about that post said he was using that variant?

It's not a perfect trategy, as it requires the enemy team to take bait while the rest of your drones have some cover.

I he does get shot-up, I think you can intentionally fail some saves, though.

What about Games Workshop no longer producing or restocking their Kill team rules makes you think that it is a variant?

Pfft. Forgot to edit the post number.

They're BS5 Markerlights, making them a slightly more expensive Pathfinder team. If you want, you can just take 3 Marksmen and the minimum requirement of 3 Drones and pretend they're Pathfinders.

>Why doesnt anybody do this?
Because even though BS5 markerlights are amazing, they're better on a unit with Relentless like Tetras or Drones even if it means reduced BS5, especially considering the price cost.

Or if you mean why people don't take Sniper Drones at all, it's because even at BS5 the Sniper rule is in desperate need of a rework.

It's ok I figured you weren't talking to me.

Heralds of Ruin is played at 250, you're 50 points short bro. Also which CT are you using?

Those people are really rare.

Most guys who would ask that question are usually too awkward/self aware enough that they wouldn't dare to say it to someone they just met.

If you say you're there just to play a game or paint it should be fine, it's the raunchy jokes from awkward people that are the unpleasant thing.

The rules are still available online. It's as legal as the Necron codex is. Heralds of Ruin, as good as it is, is still a fan-variant.

Wear a fake wedding ring. It's neckbeard kryptonite.

I truly don't mind anything that most people would find sexist, gross, or whatever.

The only thing I hate is when the social behavior of the group changes because I walked in with some boobs.

See, I don't want to just lie and say " I HAVE A BF, THANK FOR TRY". I just want to get it across that I really don't care for that atm.

“Nice guy!” said I, “Total dildo–nice guy still if nerd or dudebro,
Whether reddit sent, or whether romcoms tossed thee here ashore,
Barely known yet still entitled, holding now your Tom Waits vinyl,
Begging me for something primal, tell me truly, I implore
Is this–is this shit for fucking real? Tell me, tell me, I implore!
Quoth the friendzoned, “Fucking whore.”
“Nice guy!” said I, “Total dildo–nice guy still if nerd or dudebro,
By the mores that you abuse thus, by those films we both adore,
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, by stalking me through Facebook,
You have gained a twisted outlook of whom those tropes are for,
Paint a rare and radiant dream girl whilst you remain a bore,
“Be that slur our sign of parting, creep or douche!” I shrieked, upstarting,
“Get thee back to lonely anguish and your friend’s used comic store!
Leave no white rose as a token of the lust you claim heartbroken,
Leave my scathing words to soak in! Quit the name calling of ‘whore’,
When you lust for every girl, but when they say nay they are whores!
And the friendzoned, never scoring, still imploring, still imploring,
On some fetid old subreddit for a girl who will adore
The nicer guys and not the “douchebags”, unaware that it’s a red flag
To be his soulmate o'er him learning they both like the movie Thor
To fuck him for being nerdy even though he is a bore,
Then she says no–fucking whore.

Wow that is gold, I am going to save that.

Same way a male does it, play the game and make it clear that's why you're there.

Honestly, wear slightly baggy clothes and maybe draw a thin mustache and I bet you'll be left alone

Is this in the same meter as Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven"?

That's fucking glorious.

I like the baggy clothes idea, but the pencil mustache is a bit too much lol

It absolutely is.
I fucking wish that's all it took.

>Aeldari
fuu fuuu fuu~

The drones have to maintain 2' from him right?

>Adarki Aeldari

How in the hell do you deal with dual Ynnari Warhosts? I'm getting absolutely shreked right now by my most regular opponent's list.

Yeah, don't draw a mustache. I find girls with penciled mustaches adorable.

Actual mustaches are disgusting, though.

>I fucking wish that's all it took.
If that doesn't work nothing short of an prosthetic adam's apple, 9 o clock shade and a tubesock down your trousers will.

>even gayer Aeldari

Friendly reminder the swarmlord has once again been outclassed by the ultramarines

*screams externally*

Amazing. If there weren't people in the house right now, I'd totally do a recording of it, possibly in the voice of a Space Marine.

Which ranged weapon combo is best for the Dreadknight?

Its repellent I tell you, my sister is a social worker and it basically inverts a guys dick when they notice a mustache

He has EW. That was confirmed on the stream.
The two generic rules we know he has are EW and some form of FNP

kek

I can't bring myself to do it lol.

Besides, I have red hair so any facial hair I have is invisible.

>all that cringe voice acting in ultimate apocalypse
Lots of it is off-key, way too quiet, and sounds like the way a girl would impersonate Arnold Schwarzenegger. Also some of the animations are wonky.

Forgetting their are plenty of ways to instant death stuff without doubling it's toughness.

>no Eternal Warrior
no fucking way in hell he wouldn't have EW while the likes of Calgar do

Nigga, you know how to dry brush dont you? Some imperial primer will go a long way and it takes like 30 seconds

makes sense (kinda) as he can self res

>tfw asked why I am laughing at my screen and can't explain the joke.

I don't want to disfigure my face D:

Wait,have Rowboat's rules been leaked?

here u go

Is there anyone who doesn't outclass him at this point?

Yes. We still know nothing about Cypher's or Voldus' rules, but the entirety of Guilliman's rules are available.

Holy shit where did you get these leaks?

>The only thing I hate is when the social behavior of the group changes because I walked in with some boobs.
That is what I am talking about.

Awkward guys who are basical
>I'm really attracted to you b-but I'm too nervous to ask you directly s-so I'm going to test the water with this sex joke!
>d-do you get it? the punchline is two people fucking...
Just keep them talking about the hobby.

Alright so I added renegades and heretics. How's my list battlescribe is really shit at making things brief and condensed

nowhere in particular

Lysander?

Never had a problem. Been going to my local for almost 2 years now. Never had a guy start anything weird while there. Occasionally get a message on facebook or whatever, but most dont persue if I dont show interest.

Either you have shit people at yours; which is unfortuante, you are drawing the attention somehow or you are lying.