/swg/ Star Wars General

So-called Moderate Rebel Alliance edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70939/ffg-star-wars-vermillion-eclipse
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/3/fully-operational-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=ydIaUx84HWs
youtu.be/6Ez3y6BZGrk?t=4m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=gVWge95xJ3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How have you supported the Empire today, /swg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8
The same way anyone supports Empire Today: through the power of dance.

God, I forgot how terrible and wonderful Galactic Dance-Off was.

I'm still holding out for a sequel. I need more Star Wars dancing in my life.

I'm Han Soloooo

Hey, Star Wars D20 rpg nerds!

In "Starships of the Galaxy" it mentions the number of slips that are allowed to be used in constructing a ship. It also mentions that Starforge Station (huge size station, 6000m long) has a "small" shipyard with 25 slips.

I can't seem to find out how many slips a station can have based on it's size anywhere else.

Any ideas how many slips a Fine, Diminutive, Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge, Gargantuan, or Colossal space station would have?

If a small statio have 25 slips, i'd go with -5 for every size smaller than "Small" and +5 for each size bigger. I have no idea what the official line is but that would be my on-the-spot ruling if i was a GM

For the FFG rpgs, how should I balance the combat encounters if one of the PCs is a combat monster and the others have little to no combat skills? Should I try to force a 1v1 between the fighter and a roughly equal foe?

What skills would be needed for a dance check?

My players killed a jedi master and took his padawan captive.
One of the players wants to take the padawan as his own apprentice.

Oh they also lead a successful boarding party onto a mon calamari cruiser and disabled its hyperdrive and ensured its capture by imperial forces.

now I want Jedi Academy Persona

Funnily enough, FFG's Rebel Alliance somehow hired Chie.

Why is it so hard to find a game for EotE? Even on Roll20 there's barely any games, and of those few even fewer are run by literate people. Is there another way to get into a game?

Why don't you run a game yourself for a couple of friends?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70939/ffg-star-wars-vermillion-eclipse

Not EotE but it is FFG SW, need players.

If i wanted to run a high speed low drag type Clone commando or ARC trooper game, what would be the best system for it?

AoR Engineer splat just got announced.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/3/fully-operational-1/

GURPS

AoR with a modified Duty table. Here's an Imperial-flavored one if you're setting it during the GCW.

>Bith

Nice

IEDs when?
Hover technicals when?
Imperial predator droids when?
COIN Troopers when?

>COIN Troopers when
When you're fighting the Rebellion, every trooper is a COIN trooper.

no exp with ffg sw
can I learn in 40 minutes and pkay?

The music, the visuals, the Defender. The latest Rebels episode gave me actual shivers while they were in the Nebula, it all worked together very nicely.

I can also see a theme XMG mission chasing a probe or escaping TIEs.

Best episode of the season so far.

And this, Kuat engineers, is why you put point defenses on your largest ships.

How are those incredibly slow Y-wings not also being fried?

Don't forget based Vander!

Plot armour

I'd love a Armada style campaign box with a pile of new pilots for ships, Ezra Y-Wing? Yes please. Ashoka A-Wing.

Soon?

>incredibly slow Y-wings
I hate you

The ones in that webm aren't flying anywhere near the top speeds we see in the OT. Compared to film Ys, they really are pretty damn slow.

I mean, they fly end to end of two whole star destroyers in a matter of seconds - that's pretty fast.

Well, nogaem tonight, unfortunately, planning on tomorrow now. But, provided you're literate, you can learn real quick.

Rebels does some pretty sweet shit every once and a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=ydIaUx84HWs

I'd like FFG to milk the Legends merch train a bit more. The Filoni-verse has been pushed hard enough already and Legends is still loaded with easy merchandising opportunities.
>Bacta War box
>Wraith Squadron box with Lieutenant Kettch
>Old Horton Salm with native EPT
>Hobbie with a native EPT
>Young Wes in a Y-wing
>Keyan Farlander in his Yavin Y-wing

Jesus, I'd buy almost everything in that. Don't give FFG ideas.

>Maarek Stele Missile Boat
>Rebel Baron Fel T-65
>Turr Phennir TIE Defender
>Ace Azzameen in Otana, Sabra, and a Rebel letter-wing
>Mara Jade Z-95
>Rebel and Scum Mara Jade crew cards
>Sienar Skunkworks TIE construction kit
>Ugly creation kit
>R-41 Starchaser
>T-wing
>Supa Fighter
>Fookin' Pinooks
Fucking when, FFG

>they just sit there as a nebula wipes out their power
>they don't shoot at the y-wings
>the y-wings don't get vaporized by the star destroyers or the nebula itself
>just a few bombs have a big impact on an entire star destroyer

And this ISN'T supposed to be a shitty joke of a scene?

You're a shitty joke. You're hardly even worth responding to at all with how terrible you are.

I mean, seriously, you're in /swg/, and you have a criticism that ISDs can't hit a snubfighter with their battleship-sized emplacements? It's 100 years too early for you do be here. Go back to the beginning and start again.

Also, you're clearly blind, so make sure to get some materials for the visually impaired when you study up.

>WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID ONE A-WING TAKE OUT A SUPER STAR DESTORYER????
>THIS SERIE SIS SHIT FUCK

Get lost loser

Speaking of point defense, ISD-IIs are also supposed to be able to carry 72 TIEs each. I haven't seen the episode yet, so what were those 144 TIEs doing?

>an SSD's shield generators going down due to an unexpected shield generation explosion then an A-Wing getting shot down and happening to fly kamikaze style into an SSD bridge in a moment of sheer luck for the rebellion that results in the Executor's destruction
>is comparable to two y-wings whipping an ISD with bombs

>Empire leaves its ass open for the 900th time and you're surprised

I bet the scene in Rogue One triggers you too

Don't bother arguing with NuDisneyfags or Rebelsfanboys.

as you can see they're not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

I don't know if we're at the II ISDs yet, but yeah, the ISDs are clearly holding back by not launching fighters. This is pre Scariff even though, so their unparalleled arrogance is to be expected. They only had a disabled Ghost to capture, and then two Ys show up. I can almost imagine the senior officers going "you want to launch fighters for that?"

Don't engage. He's clearly not actually paying attention to what the fuck is going on - he's either a retard or baiting.

Hey, fuck you man, trying to make this about canons. This is what I mean that people need to unlearn and go the fuck back to basics. How many fighter kills do ISDs get in X-Wing? I can tell you the intentional number is very small.

Nah, fuck you leatherman. It sucks any time Rebels is brought up in /swg/ or the /co/ thread. The Rebels posters circlejerk about how awesome their DisneyXD cartoon is, which is fine, like it if you want, but the split second anyone levels any criticism toward it (or any non-positive comment) they go batshit crazy like you've insulted their personal dignity.

I'm tired of Rebelsposters showing up then attacking anyone who doesn't like Rebels or who makes any kind of negative quip about Rebels.

I'm tired of shitposters like you so the feeling is mutual buddy.

Is that a fucking supernova? Fucking sweet.

I think it's more like a CME

You're lost I think. These aren't the X-Wing forums.

CME?

The Rebels megathread is two boards down.

If you haven't noticed, this is /swg/, a general for general discussion of general discussion.

Niggas are dense.

Coronal Mass Ejection.

Coronal Mass Ejection. It's like a star hocking a loogie of plasma from it's top layer.

The Ys torps agitate the nebular gases of the stellar nursery and cause big jets of plasma and EM radiation to fountain out. Kinda like how Ion weapons are supposed to work, actually. An actual supernova would be an event like which formed the nebula - where an entire star basically explodes like a cosmic grenade.

If you watch the episode, the Y-wings don't attack the ISDs at all, because that's dumb.

They ignite an entire nebula using bombs, which itself destroyed the ISDs. They have their shields at full, expecting such and are likely going full speed to outrun it.

I don't think they once shoot the ISDs.

You're a fucking idiot you know that?

And finally, I'm fairly certain both ISDs will survive this encounter with not much more then scratched paint and the pride of the officers hurt a lot.

What it did was disable a tractor beam allowing the Ghosts and both Ys to escape in the confusion.

They use Ion cannons and some proton bombs to fuck up an Imperial Light Cruiser earlier, though.

Ys kill cap ships... suck ass at killing other snubfighters. Especially prototype superfighters. Goddamn imperial R&D.

why are you people so butthurt

>suck ass at killing other snubfighters

Because retards who don't know shit about Rebels or even SW come in here and start bitching over a webm that they have no context for.

6 (I think) Ys with support taking out a light crusier is more than fine IMO.

But he has a point. Even if the webm is out of context why do people get so defensive about Rebels?

Someone once talked about how they thought the voice acting was pretty bad in Rebels several threads ago, but it stirred up a shitstorm with Rebels fans IIRC getting really furious that someone would diss their show.

Like, geez, calm down. It's just a cartoon.

I submit sir, those squint pilots must clearly be drunk. Or that Y pilot is some kind of devious, squint hunting demon bouncing them out of a sun or something.

I think its its fandoms man
Like I watch the show every week but I know its got its flaws.

Hardcore fandoms ruin shit
People start basing their identity around something, so when its insulted, theyre insulted.
Talk to anybody in the 501st
You will probably wish you hadnt

Ah, makes more sense, thanks!

I don't know why people babble on about point defense screens when the actual films have... no visual indicators of them at all.

Trench Run.

You're saying an entire screen of HTLs/MTLs firing at fighters they can't hit is a point defense screen?

Speaking of Rebels

youtu.be/6Ez3y6BZGrk?t=4m5s

Cue more arguing.

I painted Darth Vader's TIE Advanced, gave it a new red and black paint scheme.

Seems like FG dumped a ton of shit on them. Raider in cannon soon? Nope.

Man, I'd bet that Lucasfilm books conference rooms to play X-Wing and Armada. The place is full of fans and dedicated hearts.

Also, I bet animators and writers love being able to push little models around in meetings in addition to like storyboards and stuff.

>Raider in cannon soon?

I mean, Empire's getting schooled pretty hard by fighters. Imagine though, if instead of an Arquitens flying with the Defender - it had been a dedicated anti-fighter platform like the Raider I? Accurized heavy laser turrets, huge solar arrays for extra power, missile tubes loaded with anti-fighter munitions, forward ion and turbolaser cannons...

Luckily you can play the RPG the right and realistic way, IE having ISDs pretty much vaporize anything within a mile of themselves.

Rebels can stay forever upset.

Eh, it's like 5D difficulty to hit a SIL 3 fighter with those fukehuge turbolaser batteries. Minions running those guns probably shouldn't be that good, especially vs talented pilots.

On the other hand, in the RPG your Imperial officers can be sane, and can launch fighter screens right away rather than continue to treat fighters as annoyances. Also FFG has Lancer frigate stats, so you can just ruin your fighter teams days with MOAR QUAD-LASERS.

>when?
SW is WW2 era really, back when the solution to shit was to carpet bomb and drop artillery on everything that bothers you.

Definitely one of the more visual episodes they've done, the space scenes looked really good, those exploding nebula hits to the ISD's where pretty spectacular
Plus, brings back the TIE 'give em the D' Defender

Yup yup.

There's a reason the Rebellion's never won a straight-up fleet engagement without overwhelming numbers, an ambush, or blind luck/"Force" intervention. The Imperial Navy could conventionally mop the floor with them several times over.

Half the time they only win because of the token retarded arrogant Imperial officer who thinks he shouldn't do anything because the Rebels could never hurt him even as they blow up his ship because he took the shields down because ego.

I wonder if Zahn, Stackpole, Allston, KJA, and Paul/Hollace Davids ever played RPGs and flight sims together. Wraith Squadron and Jedi Prince feel like the exact kind of bullshit a tabletop party would get involved in. And judging by his experience with writing RPG source books, Allston would have probably been a god-tier GM.

It's heavily theorized that Rebels is Filoni's old Star Wars campaign.

Zahn was given a lot of D6 RPG books when he started writing for them back around the Thrawn era, Sam Witwer also gave Filoni a lot of his old D6 RPG books as well when he started voice acting for them. So that's sort of why you see stuff like Interdictor cruisers, weird arse TIE variants and Inquisitors popping up in rebels.

So while they might not play them, they do know about the RPG's

And Pablo started his Star Wars career writing d6 books for WEG

Yeah he started sometime in the early-mid 90s I think, after that he did quite a lot of writing and editing for various SW stuff over the years.
He'd be fun to be in an RPG game with.

>tfw Paul and Hollace Davids will never co-GM for your tabletop group

Except that every imaginative idea you run by him, he'd say some variation of "did we watch the same movies?" and look down his nose at you.

>"Aaron, assuming he could be educated up to Alliance fighter pilot standards, an Ewok couldn't even reach an X-wing's controls."
>"He wears arm and leg extensions, prosthetics built for him by a sympathetic medical droid. And I'm anxious to play him, Pablo."
>"Please tell me you're kidding."
>"Of course I'm kidding. Here's my actual character sheet. It's Wes Janson, Wedge's gunner from Hoth."
>"I'm going to get you, Allston."
>"Yub yub, Commander."

> implying he wouldn't allow it
This man okay'd helicopter-sabres, you think he's scared of letting an Ewok fly a spaceship?

To be fair, they KO'd the Defender with an anti-capital ship weapon. And I'm not sure it died from that.

How to run a star wars game? I was thinking basically running a fantasy game with sci fi names. Do the new ffg games let you do that?

>Fantasy game with sci-fi names
Basically. Take a samurai movie, add space.

>cast playing xwing

Whenever people complain about Disney I just remind them that this was cannon
youtube.com/watch?v=gVWge95xJ3U

>Hating Empire Today
How does it feel to hate fun, Satan? It was never officially Legends canon anyway, even if it is canon in my heart. It was obviously just there for laughs.

>cannon

>yfw you'll never play X-Wing with star wars actors
it hurts

A rival and a few minions. Be sure that the rivals skills are a step or two behind the combat monster. Be sure to give the non-combatants more opportunities for cover and allow for them to use non-combat skills such as hacking while under fire.

Shouldn't imperial officers know not to drive the AT-ATs so close to each other?