Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums,

Describe your best character. I'll start.

Name: Drowlaxia
Class: Ranger
Race: Drow Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Good

>Escaped from the Underdark after realizing the evils of drow society and disgracing Llolth.
>survived life in the underdark alone but eventually ventured to the surface.
>now wanders the surface as a lone rogue in search of a party, constantly shunned due to racism and fear of drow.

Literally Drizzt.

Sounds super boring and overdone, because it's b8

Yeah, that's probably bait.

How could I possibly chose a character as best? I've been learning over time, sure, but a lot of have had great moments, or are good characters but in poor games.

Her closest ally and the only person who accepts her is the renowned female dwarven warrior named Dwarfina Ironbeard, rightful queen of the usurped thrown of the Mountain Hall.

Dragonborn mercenary who was caught up in a snowstorm and almost dies, he made a prayer to pelor as a last resort when he was about to drop down dead and he stumbled upon a hotspring that saved him. From that point on he became a paladin devoted to spreading the goodness of pelor.

Drowlasha? Why not La'Xisha? She is a strong independent drow woman who don't need no man.

>Traxis
>human male fighter armed with a great sword, a tragic past that made him an orphan, and a dream of becoming a katana wielding assassin
>as he journeyed and adventured with his trusty allies(Trogdor the dwarf monk and Logan the half elven sorceror) he achieved his goal
>killed a Kython in a mountain pass and took one of its chains for a weapon, seeing the power of the infernal
>died fighting a demon plantation owner and found himself in hell
>pledged his service to Mephistopheles
>returned to life in a fiery explosion with the half-fiend template
>began taking levels in disciple of Mephistopheles
>courted the arch fiend's daughter
>eventually claimed Mephistopheles' throne when the fiend died alongside Raziel in the final showdown with bbeg Orcus
I miss 3.5's steady stream of splat books. I've never had a character made this insanely. Everything I make now feels so planned out.

Alternatively
>Larry The Robot
>Neutral good warforged Eldritch knight
>started as a servant in the tavern the rest of the party was first meeting in
>had no name, just a serial number
>the chaotic neutral half orc monk(DM ignored most alignment restrictions) callously decides name shall be Larry
>become the oversized sword wielding mostly ignored moral compass for what is essentially the most vile group of scoundrels to terrorize Eberron
>dip into Eldritch knight from fighter and get wand sheaths so I can cast blasty spells from my arms like I'm Megaman
>infiltrate space camp to rescue party Mage that was literally sold for our airship, see another warforged slave get brutally murdered and end up with his arms grafted
>become four-armed, dual executioner sword wielding, spell slinging mechanical badass pilot who sacrificed himself to kill the bbeg by simultaneously firing two maximized fireball spells(wand sheaths! And some DM fiat) at him while grappling him with second set of arms

>Arkal
>no surname
>orphan, learned granddaddy was an adventurer who banged his dragon grandmother (his mother was half-dragon, he was just a dragonblood human, but she was killed by undead, so he always always hated them)
>LG crusader/sorcerer (prestiged into Jade Phoenix Mage from Tome of Battle)
>playing Savage Tide adventure path
>gains a fixation on defeating/destroying Orcus however he can
>winds up taking Malcanthet's mark
>dies fighting Demogorgon
>reforms with Emerald Immolation, takes Immortal Fortitude stance
>is the only party member still in the fight (I dropped the first time, bard-assassin went unconscious and had his contingency activate a rod of security, cleric word of recalled out like a bitch, wizard didn't care about himself dying when cleric bailed because he just wakes up in his clone anyway)
>still fighting for a couple of rounds
>Strike of Righteous Vitality, I'm healed, time to switch over to Aura of Perfect Order stance
>Greater Divine Surge, drop my 30+ Constitution down to about 4 to make the attack as powerful and accurate as possible
>Demogorgon goes down from something to the effect of a +70d8 damage bonus
>Orcus is gonna try and claim it, I don't think so
>claim the crown of the Prince of Demons instead
>became the new Prince of Demons with Queen of Succubi consort, Lord of an Abyssal Layer, drops to CN
>Aura of Perfect Order stance and Moment of Perfect Mind counter mean he autopasses the Will saves and avoids turning into a second Demogorgon

Was a reasonable enough ending for him, really, virtually sacrificing his soul to deny Orcus. Decent enough adventure path, though I'm told the DM made a lot of changes to it along the way.

Hahahaha

Stonefist Johnson

Minotaur kensei monk

Straight up civil war era cowboy
Uses a sword, spear, and I dipped a level in artificer for that sweet thundercannon.

Kay Clarent
Aasimar Paladin
Was nearly executed for treason by his evil king, before his step father, and the current Lord of his house, begged the king to simply strip Kay of name and title.
Kay has since donned his mask to help obscure his identity as he still does everything he can to make his home safer, and protect his family.

>Best
Silly OP, not only is your b8 weak, but you don't even follow your own rules! :^)

Reminds me of pic related.

Dragonborn Paladin now THAT is lit af

A human warlock. A prospective academic, he was denied participation in a scholarly expedition to survey an ancient temple, and signed on as a porter instead in hopes of impressing the researchers and joining their ranks. The expedition, of course, went horribly wrong. With all of the bodyguards,scholars, and other laborers lost, he found himself barricaded from the traps and horrors of the ruins, in a tomb of his own device. He cursed his fate, but before his death came, a sickly sweet voice called to him. He tried to ignore it, but there was nothing else in the darkness save it and him, and he was subject to its call. Freedom, power, knowledge, at his beck and call. By releasing it, it would release him. Finally he asked what the entity's price was; its answer, the soul of his daughter. Now, he was a single man, and never had much luck, and had no lover, and certainly no daughter to speak of. So, he accepted, and his newfound strength let him break free of the temple. Riding a horse back to the nearest town, he happened upon a carriage overturned by the roadside. Its driver, and the man and woman inside were dead as doornails. But, bundled up snugly, was a crying babe. He took her, and of course try as he might he was never able to find her next of kin and his attempts to leave her to an orphanage were foiled. His heart grew too close, and so he raised her. He hid his powers and found new success in his career. Many years have passed since then, and his daughter is old enough to carry on by herself. So, he must set out and train his powers once again, and find a way to undo his wretched pact.

The art?

I played a half Aasimar half Tiefling cleric of Neutrality.
He had to do an equal number of good and bad actions, doing too many of one unbalanced him and he changed into either a LG paladin or a CE anti paladin. He could also be changed if he was hit by something like smite good/evil.
It was pretty neat, my DM let me away with essentially having 3 classes and getting bonuses when I changed to either form because I roleplayed it well and didn't twink up the campaign.
I would recommend trying to play something like it sometime, nowhere else have I experience having another party member smite evil you to get the best outcome.

Drowlaxia FTW