/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

You only get to play your legion with 1 termie squad, 1 of your RoWs, no equipment or special characters edition.
Joe Meltface is a perfectly respectable and trustworthy phosphex vendor subedition.

Chaos is worst stepdad and only a fool would think otherwise. TSons may or may not need nerfs and Valdor is not a Custodian, but a preternaturally skilled, inviolable, regular joe that's part of a solidarity. Anons speculated on alternate heresy methods and Morty and Perty are merging into Autismo. Threadus Penultimatus here: >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KckCsw_JyJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>playing with girl's toys
>taking the hard counter to an opponent in your meta

What are you, some kind of ner-
hang on

>girl's toys
IT'S 2017.

We're not burying them at void? What then?

We'll reanimate their power armor. Take them into battle with us.

A paragon to our brothers-in-arms. Even in death.

We are Thousand Sons.

But current year is year of Trump. That meme no longer applies.

>Don't really have a point to make
The implication is clear.

We're supposed to believe that 45 points is a sufficiently high price tag for 1.5 times the shooting power and the potential for things like Presience, Forewarning, etc
Maybe someone could run the math on it and make a good case for it, but it's only 20 more points than giving them melta-bombs...

I agree with this for the most part.
Picking psychic powers is still a bit of a bridge too far though, reliably getting Maelstrom is obscene.

Ironic that you're doing exactly what your picture is saying.

You look well-rested, Magnus... My, my, how you've changed. You became a daemon for such little truths as that? Well, I'm sure you'll see the bigger picture eventually. If you get out of here alive. Rest in peace, this time. I'll see you on Terra! "Magnus!"

I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless Warp. I will always be with you, plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as dusts.

>We're not burying them at void? What then?
I will unscrew your head and shit down your NECK!

>"..."
t. Quietnetia Krolle
Suddenly I can't MGSpost like I used to. WTF?

Curze vs. Logar vs. Angron: who's more batshit insane?

With this, I'll rid the galaxy of infestation - Sans Astra Lupi. The galaxy will be torn asunder and then, it shall be free.

Lorgar.
Curze is just depressed and sadistic.
Angron has reason to be angry and just got addicted to fighting.

HHG made me want to name my super walker Sahelanthropus. What Knight/Titan should it be though?

First two posts you linked are both me.
I really didn't have a point to make other than putting the costs into the discussion b t w. I get a bit muggy when people start arguing about things without considering how many points they may or may not be eating up. Those are what those units costs, make hay with it in relation to one's position or don't. Consider the usefulness or not of other legion's upgrades in comparison, whatever.
Those upgrades are what make the TS vets TS vets. TS players wanna run their vets, they're gonna wanna give them ML1 and Shred, dey pays dat price.

I could look up the exact numbers, but I'm right now too lazy. But if you kit out 2 vet squads and give then rhinos, then add in 2 HQs which are apparently good to have in TS, you've probably eaten close to 700 points. With two good vet squads, a praetor and a consul. A naked 5 man Sekhmet is what, 250 on top of that?

I can see the argument that a TS list would get claustrophobic in a hurry. A bad TS list would probably still munch a bad list from most other legions though.

Warhound?

The primarch project- Malcador called it

Paladin with missiles pod.

I got the 1/100 scale RAY that I've been slowly turning into a Crusader (named Metallum Rex).

I told myself this was about justice, about protecting the weak... but I was wrong.

I learned young that killing your enemies felt good. Really good. In Crusade, my brothers, my sons... they helped me forget the devil inside...but who am I kidding? I was born to kill!

The bit about my claws, that "means of justice" stuff? I guess I just needed something to keep "the Haunter" in check when I was knee-deep in bodies...

Is the gold on Ultramarine armour actual gold plating or is it just painted that way?

Now do you remember? Who you are? What you are meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you.

He mentioned something interesting. House Malinax is pursuing new research. He claims that what they're doing in Xana is the missing piece. A walker to surpass Warhound Gear.

Actual gold. Which is impractical as shit but this is the culture that uses masonry on it's spaceships so by comparison, a little gold edging on your armour doesn't seem so bad.

Custodes is scifi Not!Gold called Auramite or something.

This MGSposting is pretty funny desu.

I imagine artificer armour at the very least uses some quantity of gold, but gold wouldn't stay intact on a medieval piece of armour, let alone super-futuristic space armour, so it's probably plasteel or adamantium or whatever with gold added to the surface in some kind of futuristic quasi-painting technique. The cheaper ones would use paint that has real gold in it, the artificer ones would probably contain gold within the armour itself.
You can head-canon it however you want, I think the consensus is that gold is involved at some stage of the process, though obviously the practical parts of the armour aren't made of solid gold.

You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Alpharius, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the galaxy- and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my brother. From here on out, you're Alpharius.

Cue The Man who sold the Galaxy

We passed upon the warp
Spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there
He said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise
I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone
Murdered on Eskrador
"Oh no, NOT ME
I never lost that duel
You're face to face
With Alpharius Omegon"
I laughed and shook Dorn's hand
And made my way back home
I searched for Arkhan Land
For years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazer stare
We marked a million hills
We must have died alone
A long long time ago
Who knows?
Not me
We never lost control
You're face, to face
With Alpharius Omegon

The Imperium is an interstellar empire of secular humanism. A meeting of humanity. Instead of simply assimilating, its citizens live alongside others. So the Emperor sought a system that used the empyrean, psychic power, to control the subconscious.

G has come to.

Off-topic slightly, but is anyone else interested in this newest "triumvirate" primarily because of Guilliman and his story in the Horus Heresy?

In His eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the galaxy's ever known isn't biological. It's immaterial. Psychic power is what keeps the Imperium, our civilization, alive. Free the galaxy, not by taking men's lives but by taking their minds.

how long before someone matches that emprah photoshop with an actual model?

And then the inevitable wishlisting for stats by custodes players

I haven't forgotten what you told me, Father. We have no tomorrow: but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Maybe not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the galaxy will no longer need us: no need for the bolter, or the posthuman hand to pull the trigger. I have to drag out the daemon inside me, build a better future. That's what I— what we will leave as our legacy. Another mission, right Father?

Meh, I'd rather see where it leads to. And if we see Khan, Russ, Vulkan, Lion and Dorn make a return as well to counter the traitor primarchs.

This galaxy will become one. I have found the way. Faction, adeptus affiliations, sector borders... even our faces will be irrelevant. The galaxy that the Emperor envisioned will finally become a reality, and it will make mankind whole again.

Sins of the Emperor
Imperium Divide
A Traitor I Remain
I'm my own Warmaster now

What else can there be?

I'm more interested in it because we may hear more about the scouring and his duel with fulgrim, which has never really been expanded on ever.

Him having a helmet is the primary reason why I'm interested in the set, though. FW when are you going to follow suit.

>how long before someone matches that emprah photoshop with an actual model?
Wut?

I'd rather they bring back the old 30k faces and instead of End Times-ing the setting, just set up another period of semi-stagnant perpetual war where the Primarchs are back with a vengeance, and the other factions (barring Tau) have the 10,000-year shackles removed from them:
>Chaos isn't held in by the Cadian chokepoint
>The Eldar aren't simply waiting for their Godot anymore
>The Orks finally have a near-unifying leader for their Grate Krusade
>The main force of Tyranids are mostly here
>Necrons form new mini-empires

youtube.com/watch?v=KckCsw_JyJI

Don't even need to change the title.

I was born in a small village on a world that survived the Long Night. I was still a foundling when we were invaded by posthuman warriors. Imperial legiones astartes. Torn from my home, I was remade in their Master's image. With each new decade, my commanders changed along with the thoughts they made me think. With each change, I changed, too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Psychic power can kill.

I was really disappointed when I found out he's going to fight Magnus, the traitor primarch he had the least contact and antagonism with, and not ol' king faggot (especially since he was teased in Biel-Tan).

Fucking GW and their laziness

"The Ynnead is Yet to Come"
"Brain Eater"

This has always been a Reductor song to me, I don't know why.
>Sins of the Emperor
We do have Sins of the Father.
>The galaxy was once one. But the conflict between the Primarchs - has torn it in two. We will use the Legacy to heal that rift and make mankind whole again. To do this, we need strength. An unstoppable trump card with enough power to bring order to the galaxy!

>"Brain Eater"
I understood that reference.

I'm fine with it. The recent 40k and 30k releases have had enough magnusposting for two lifetimes. Now we get to see king smurf punch him in the face until he becomes magnus the purple.

>Wut?
This one.
I think some companies have their own Emperor models, don't they? Some of them are actually decent.

>This has always been a Reductor song to me
destroyers, iron warriors, alpha legion, white scars

it's a good song

How they're gonna get over the "40,000" and "41st millennium" things is another question. I just hope they won't fuck the entire game, even if they don't flush the entire setting down the drain.

>Chaos isn't held in by the Cadian chokepoint

Yet they didn't take Terra, so all they accomplished is destroying Cadia and making it that much harder for them to venture out of the Eye.

>The Eldar aren't simply waiting for their Godot anymore

Yet Slaanesh persists, so all we got is another Avatar model.

>The Orks finally have a near-unifying leader for their Grate Krusade

Which they've had for decades now.

>The main force of Tyranids are mostly here

So decades more big monsters and bona fide shitty rules!

>Necrons form new mini-empires

Didn't they already have those?

>Didn't they already have those?
More of them, with blackjack and hookers.

Why is it harder to get out of the Eye now? I thought it would make the Warp spill out and make it easier for Daemons and CSM to get out

When Trazyn supercharged the pylons they actually shrank the eye of terror

>Yet they didn't take Terra, so all they accomplished is destroying Cadia and making it that much harder for them to venture out of the Eye.
That's meant to be only the beginning. Back then Chaos marines in the Eye blocked by Cadia were like herpes where it can only be controlled, but now they'll behave like the actual ass-cancer they are
>Yet Slaanesh persists, so all we got is another Avatar model.
"I hoped they'd kill a god in a day", the post.
>>The Orks finally have a near-unifying leader for their Grate Krusade
As in, now it's only a straight way until they try and re-enact the War of the Beast all over again, unless the Imperium stops it before it can begin.
>>The main force of Tyranids are mostly here
>So decades more big monsters and bona fide shitty rules!
Imagine if it was code-word for "Tyranids with actual Taudar-tier rules". Now that'd be scary.
>>Necrons form new mini-empires
>Didn't they already have those?
Yup. Maybe they all are awakening now?

>Why is it harder to get out of the Eye now?

You know the significance of the Gate? Due to the calm region of space, it's pretty much the only safe passage in and out of the Eye. That's why it's also the bulwark of the Imperial defences against Chaos forces, because they know the traitor fleets must pass through the Gate. Abaddon launched whole Crusades to find an alternative route out of the eye with little success.

With the Gate gone, traitor fleets moving in and out of the Eye would not have a safe passage and thus it will be much slower and more dangerous.

>With the Gate gone, traitor fleets moving in and out of the Eye would not have a safe passage and thus it will be much slower and more dangerous.
This is Regimental Standard tier, but it's ok, the Emperor never wanted Cadia anyway.

So I guess blowing up Cadia was not Abaddon wanted then?

>now they'll behave like the actual ass-cancer they are

Which would mean GW is making travelling in and out of the Eye not a big problem, which in turn raises the question why was the Gate so important in the first place and why Abaddon tried to find alternative routes. But, you know, details.

>"I hoped they'd kill a god in a day", the post.

Eldar been working against Slaanesh forever. They still do. Nothing has changed, except they got a second Avatar.

>unless Yarrick stops it before it can begin.

FTFY

But he's right.

Why do you think Abaddon didn't just bomb it from orbit?
No, it was a desperate fuck you after Trazyn triggered the pylons

Guilliman is my favourite Primarch
I am hype

>Which would mean GW is making travelling in and out of the Eye not a big problem
It isn't if you like traveling the warp with your Geller field turned off, like the chaos guys do.
Why do you think invasions to the Eye are suicide missions? Imperials don't fare too well in the warp.
If you're an Imperial, however, it's a bad thing, as you're now forced to travel turbulent and ureliable warp routes just to get through. That section of space is now Dangerous terrain for spacecraft.
>Why do you think Abaddon didn't just bomb it from orbit?
Bombing stuff becomes a bit more difficult when there's a fleet stationed there exclusively to prevent that specific scenario.
Cadia exploded because Abaddon crashed the Blackstone fortress onto it.
Which is a Colony Drop.
Which DOES count as bombing stuff from orbit.
So he did.

"Cyclonic"
"Silence's Theme"

>Bombing stuff becomes a bit more difficult when there's a fleet stationed there exclusively to prevent that specific scenario.
Abaddon's got a blackstone fortress as well as the black fleet; clearing up Cadia's defenses wouldn't be that hard.

>Cadia exploded because Abaddon crashed the Blackstone fortress onto it.
>Which is a Colony Drop.
>Which DOES count as bombing stuff from orbit.
>So he did.

Only after Trazyn activated the pylons and the eye began shrinking, it was a desperate gambit to save their asses.

Please follow the conversation.

>"Silence's Theme"

>Was Cadia bombed? Y/N
Y
>But circumstances meant th-
Y

he's the most interesting one
the ultramarines are also the most interesting legion
I hope we get to see more information about the ultramar secret police, but I really doubt we will

Are you always this stupid, or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Ever wonder why abaddon didn't crash asteroids into it during the previous 12?

That's literally what the fluff of the Gate has been forever. Don't people actually read anything anymore? What the fuck do people think the Gate is even a thing and so important in the first place?

The Crimson Path is a gamble. Abaddon thinks that he can't take Terra via mortal forces alone, he needs daemons as well. By starting a massive campaign of destruction from the Eye and weakening reality itself, he can allow daemon allies to pour out into real space on a path to Terra and hit it with full force of mortals and daemons.

The gamble is that if he fails, then he has closed the Cadia Gate and any retry he plans, will be that much more difficult. Unless GW decides to rewrite the purpose of the Gate, which I'm sure will not sit with the history, but I'm sure carnac will tell us it's all ok.

>Why do you think invasions to the Eye are suicide missions?

If you think it's hard to get it, what makes you think it's easy to get out?

Also, there are cases where Imperial ships have flown into the Eye via the Gate. In the novel Eye of Terror not only does the Imperium send recon vessels to spy on the Eye, they even launch a counter-offensive on a Chaos fleet buildup to stop a possible black crusade in the making.

>Why do you think Abaddon didn't just bomb it from orbit?
Because the Imperium were defending it and it was crazy Necron technology that would have resisted it.

I really liked him in Know No Fear, and I'd say he's arguably the most interesting primarch (definitely top three), but depending on the way he's written, I can really dislike him.
It's a bit like the difference between people who think Dorn is an autistic martinet rather than a compassionate but stoic idealist: some people think Guilliman is either a ten-foot tall Wesley Crusher or a "Just-as-planned" psychopath, and both of those readings suck.
That said, I do like the presentation of him as being a manipulative bastard, and a bit arrogant, just not to the extent that he's nothing more than a caricature.

>"Silence's Theme"
It's the Quiet theme except instead of hummed it's played aggressively by an orchestra with trombones and a choir. And cannons like Tchaikovsky.

"This Blackstone Fortress isn't just for show!"

Oh wait it's backward, damn.

Jaghatai: "You've only got two options. Censure or Damnation."

Magnus: "No, there is another."

NOPE

Abaddon had a fucking planet killer; if he wanted to Cadia would have been dust in the 12th crusade.

He only destroyed Cadia when there was a serious chance of the 10 millennia of progress getting overturned because of a Jewy skeletor

SUCH a lust for revenge!

WHO!?

>Magnus: "No, there is another."
>Magnus: "Actually wait Damnation sounds good, Imma go with that."

>Ever wonder why abaddon didn't crash asteroids into it during the previous 12?
Because rocks aren't free.
Listen, the pylons were indeed shrinking the Eye and Abaddon's was a desperate gambit that happened to work...but he did bomb Cadia, user.
It's like saying "Why didn't Horus bomb Terra?"
HE FUCKING DID.
And please, don't confuse bombing with Exterminatus, or fucking warp jump the goalposts.
>Are you always this stupid, or are you being intentionally obtuse?
I give way less fucks than the regular user, so take it as you want.
>What the fuck do people think the Gate is even a thing and so important in the first place?
Because it gave the Imperials a means to mount defense and functioned as a cork for the Eye.
>If you think it's hard to get it, what makes you think it's easy to get out?
I thought the warp knew its own.

*AWOOO

Missing pic.

Your favorite saga... Nefertari, Bartholomew - psykers, wrongly executed... But their deaths served as a message to others: that ours is an Imperium that murders the innocent. Do you, too, believe that your sacrifice will change the galaxy?

10/10 post right here.

Why did Russ hate Magnus in the first place? Magnus killed Russ's wolf waifu or something?

Who would be a damn fiddle in HH, and who would be playing them??

When I say bombing I don't mean the real world definition of bombing (which would constitute a light dusting in 40k), I mean cyclonic torpedoes

>Because it gave the Imperials a means to mount defense and functioned as a cork for the Eye.
It is the only way in, but also the only (safe) way out for an invasion
>I thought the warp knew its own.
When we're talking about a ship or two, maybe a small raiding fleet.

But when you're talking about the black legion fleet, with associated blackstone fortresses and planet killers you're going to need a stable way out.

Even Lorgar, the first fallen had to rely on warp pathways known only to daemons to get out of the Ruinstorm.

Abby destroying Cadia was his Rubicon, if the 13th fails he won't be able to mount another invasion

Sangy and Horus.

>When I say bombing I don't mean the real world definition of bombing (which would constitute a light dusting in 40k), I mean cyclonic torpedoes
Then fucking say so, m8! Of course Cadia wasn't """bombed""" then.
Also, the Eye has now expanded.
Honest question: Do they still need the Cadian gate now that the Eye is bigger and thus isn't limited by the same sector of space as before?

He was a psyker and an arrogant smartypants.
A bit like Perty vs Dorn.

Russ loathed Magnus because Magnus could indulge in his own ego and image, whereas he always had to be the barbarian and the cold killer. A bit like how Perty imagined Dorn to be, except it was more accurate in Magnus' case.

Horus got played like a damn fiddle.

Well the way the Cadian Gate functioned is that the pylons created a tunnel into the eye. Now that they're gone; there is no in or out. The only way for a new one to be made is if the eye of terror were to expand until it reaches another world with such pylons

>Because it gave the Imperials a means to mount defense and functioned as a cork for the Eye.

And why was that, exactly?

I mean, if Chaos forced didn't have to give a shit about no safe passage, what good is Cadia when the Chaos forces can invade just as good through any other part of the Eye?

>I thought the warp knew its own.

How so? Are you saying Chaos ships are unaffected by the currents of the Warp and its storms?

>Well the way the Cadian Gate functioned is that the pylons created a tunnel into the eye
Wait, what?

I'm not the guy you're discussing this with, and I've not read FoC, but wasn't the Eye of Terror caused by the Eldar, and the Pylons built long before the collapse of the Eldar empire and the creation of the eye?

How do Chaos ships get around the warp? Do they use the Astronomicon too, or sorcery?

There are other routes in and out, that's acknowledge even in old fluff. It's just that Cadia is by far the safest route for any fleet of notable size.

Small guy rage.

In the HH the gods where kinder to their new legion Followers and allowed all manner of warp fuckery.

In theory the Chaos ships have to have navigators or some equivalent pyschic tool to allow them to move through the warp with precision.

Yes, the Cadian Gate wasn't intentionally built so, it was just a quirk of the pylons

Some have Navigators. Some have sorcerers. Some have bound daemons. Some are daemons. Some don't give a fuck and go where the winds of Chaos take them.

Yup. In old Necron fluff Eldard, I believe, has a vision of the C'tans' true plan for the galaxy: A pylon network stretching across the galaxy, cutting it off from the Warp. What effects this has for all the life in the galaxy I don't know. I remember some story having some Eldar encounter a facility with a more complete pylon network and when activated, all the Eldar just dropped dead, having been severed from the Warp. Is this something only psychic beings suffer or all things with souls, I don't know.

This should be more to the point, the pylons where built to counter the psychic might of the Old Ones. They created the myriad of psychic races that exist today. Orcs, Eldar, Jakiro to name a few.

guilliman
horus
The muster was nothing but a smokescreen.

inb4 implications of calth being lorgar's plan, rather than horus'

>Jaghatai: "You've only got two options. Censure or Damnation."
Porque no los dos?

I don't know whether it counts as being played if you're following the orders of a superior officer. Same for the loyalists at Istvaan. There's no 'play' when all you have to do is go 'I order you to go here'.

I bet you felt no remorse about the white phosphorous.

Depends on the legion. Some like the Night Lords or renegades who aren't too into the whole 'worship' thing use captured or traitor navigators.

Others just get the resident sorcerer to point them in the right direct, or stop and ask the daemons for directions.

I wouldn't imagine anything Chaos corrupted would use the Astronomicon, given that looking at it probably has a similar effect to staring into the sun.

Bunch of women and children in a terrorist camp, something suspicious about that if you ask me.