ARKIES

ARK SAILED OFF GG, goodbye earth

prntscr.com/hpcys5

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ArkEcosystem/comments/7je241/log_of_slack_talk_about_ark_smartbridge_and_arkvm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good time to sell ark I guess
Would be nice if it could hit 40k though but btc was been quiet for too long now I feel like it’s about to feast on some alts

it doesnt even feel real

>oh my, my next monthly payout from biz_classic is almost too good at >$7

When’s it going to dip.. I need more

As a majority holder on Ark, I’m happy, but also sad I couldn’t accumulate more for staking. I needed more time!

anyone else feeling comfy and snug knowing that redhead arkie is probably happy and smiling right now :)

That's basically how I feel. Oh well, that's life.

so was she actually ark holder?

Feeling C O M F Y

20k ARK iirc

Yeah, mixed feelings. My money tree is now too costly to water. Lol

This is the peak for this shitcoin.

reddit.com/r/ArkEcosystem/comments/7je241/log_of_slack_talk_about_ark_smartbridge_and_arkvm/

67k ark holder here.

I make about 115$ daily on the payouts.

No complaints.

will we hit $10 before mobile wallet is released

Priced in.

Give me a TLDR

$7 and we’re still only in second gear. So comfy.

Im happy with 500 all in i think...

Haven’t read his thread but I assume it’s the logs of ark team saying ARKVM will not be built onto the ark chain like ethereum, it will be a separate entity.

Which raises the question of what the actual fuck is the purpose or the use of the ark token then?
Really hoping they reconsider that decision but it’s not good news because it means the actual ark token has little value

same question every damn day

Had an auto order set to sell at 30k regretting this and another coin. Immediately should have bought back in

That seems like a pretty obvious flaw and I doubt they'd let Ark become useless

SELL NOW

how does that make the ark token useless?

the whole point of ark is that you can use it to trigger transactions cross-blockchain

it wont even be on a different platform, just a side chain

Ark staking now 20% of my take home pay from my wagecucking job

Ill cash out when I can buy a house and then Ill just get a part time job somewhere in a shop or something

If i get ARK on bittrex, who can i be apart of the dividence?

will the money just apper on my account everyday or?

holy shit

fuck off pajeet

Wanna know what happened to me? So, freaking Ark always followed the same pattern - Goes up, goes down, easy enough, right? Sell high, buy low = accumulate. So here i am, having Ark collecting for months, when it was around 2.90$. I decided two days ago, fuck it, gonna take those Arks and start accumulating more, because even though the price was up to 4$, it still followed the same pattern, but yeah, as soon as i sold my Arks, the motherfucker instead of dipping like it usually does, it fucking goes to the moon! And loser me is in a loser Xmas party not knowing that i am totally missing out..
Long story short - If you buy something cheap, don't fuck around and just hodl forever.

why would you ever sell your ark, redhead

I've had some pretty funny captchas on this new one. "Filthy rich" the other day

This morning I rolled a 0

It is priced in but the release will be shilled via buttcoinbuzz to the next generation of bagholders

It will be pumped

That is what I was doing. Everything went good I was mqking good ammount of ark until one time I sold and it went up 20%. I bought back in at a loss transfered everything to the wallet and never touched bittrex again. That was months ago and I still have nightmares of selling low. Listen to this user arkies, he is right.

I keep making so much fucking money

I follow alot of redheads since it's my thing but you're hottest one by far, sad you sold ark tho.

Did the same thing i was so pissed so i got on neo moon mission and got out bought 2 extra ark but it wasn't worth the stress

this one is much nicer looking than that other skank

It's ready to take off! GOooooooo

no lambo for you

tfw I can never get her no matter how high ARK goes, she'll always be ten times richer than me

is that roll gambling thing for degenerate poor people?

After that Reddit thread I really want to dump my ark. Luckily its my least invested and I have more than doubled my profits.

If it wasn't for biz classic I prob would have sold. So glad I didn't. Free money every day.

Just broke the wall of 38k sats. Where are we heading guys???

see thats the problem. Without ArkVM on the mainchain you can't do trustless swaps. They want every chain to have their own token, with their own delegates.

That means you would have to go Mainchain to sidechain to external chain. So why even bother going through the main chain? The side chain would have to have a token of value for such an exchange to work, meaning that there is no use for the actual ark token as it is unique only to the main chain.

No, it's the biz_classic delegate faucet. Literally free money on the hour

Heh

Because of this we are considering launching a sidechain when the VM comes out with swaps enabled that requires ARK (1:1 swap to the side token). We're going to try and convince mainnet delegates to run our nodes, which would inexplicably tie it to the main chain as a second layer. This way we can have the same end result and not flush everyone's investment down the toilet.

I just bought into ARK, downloaded the wallet. I want to participate in voting, how to I vote for the biz_classic delegate?

fuck

is this what the ark team is actually going to have to do? or are they reevaluating/

You guys are based, would buy your token. Do know anything more about ark/usd pairing? Is it really happening?

They're reevaluating after our discussion.

You guys are getting so rich off of this coin and community

Well deserved for all the hard work you’ve both put in

And if it is so simple why won't the devs do it themselves

To avoid blockchain bloat. It's not about difficulty, that's not the issue.

Isn't ark theoretically capable of achieving 300k tx/s

No coin in existence is capable of that, where did you hear that?

I noticed you asked one of those guys if they were worried about any competitors in that reddit discord screencap, and you didnt really get an answer.

What is your opinion on LINK?

From my technically illiterate understanding they are going for trustless nodes which will utilize smartcontracts for commercial reasons, and ARK with the stronger community and positive feedback loop I sense is to fit different, more general(?) niches?

Would like to hear your thoughts tho Moondaddy :3 (yall are based and make me proud to vote for you)

Also, what is a discernable difference between "trustless oracle", oracle in general, and "trustless swaps"?

Also, I saw you try to help that guy get his large BTC withdrawal. Cheers brotha

Just tried to transfer my ARK into the ARK client, been like 10mins. How long is this supposed to take?

If it came from an exchange like bittrex give it just a bit, just make sure the receiving address is right

Binance.

Was the recieving address right? Should go through but I forget how long it took me, wallet moving always gives me the sweaties still. Just turn it off and come back to it in an hour. If your address is right you should be good

Thanks, yeah, just got it.

Do you not know that the ERC20 pasta was created in the biz_classic discord? That should address your question.

biz has a discord for ark?

Uh, but to answer your actual questions:

Trustless swaps function with trustless oracles (which LINK isn't doing because it's not possible to decentralize arbitrary oracle data).

Because ARK isn't entirely decentralized (it's "decentralized" between 51 people), you can do pseudo-decentralized oracles with 51 data points and have it be reliable. Unlike other meme projects that want to "decentralize" oracles, they have an established way of doing this with their 51 delegates acting as "oracles", and they're not shooting for the sky by attempting to oracalize (that's probably not a word) arbitrary data - they're doing specific data sets using blockchains which are not random requests on the internet (which are prone to all kinds of unreliability that make decentralizing it impossible - and being far too susceptible to sybil attacks).

So trustless swaps are "oracles" but they're functioning by other blockchains and not random pings on the internet, and they're limited to only that data.

biz_classic does.

Mate you doing only level 1 pricing in. The probability of the ARK being fully completed increases towards 1 with every mile-stone reached. The mobile wallet being completed is priced in, but the probability of the blockchain being fully completed is not. Thus with every new release, price goes up.

Simple, no?

Why was "51" set as the number, does that have to do with statistics or mathematics or something? Say their was a 'hostile takeover' (business acquisiton term), these 51 nodes staking the most would still be centralized, no? Though scratch that, I feel like IOC has the right idea (yet at-the-moment bad PR/team-handling) that supply and something or whatnot prevent this, but this method handles contracting amongst blockchains streamlessly or something like that? (Pardon me I'm not tech-savy just an auditor)

I'm hedging on whitepaper 2.0s but still comfy with ARK, just trying to get more understandings and am pragmatic in general -- I saw your mention of vulnerabilities for monero for instance and say "DDOS" (pardon) a decentralized oracle or something, but what do you think the ARK team needs to do with PR and going forward to realize a truly lasting product/service

>missed out on the ARK moon

Here's my plan, I sold ARK at $4 (for BTC, because I thought an altocaust was coming at the time). It's now $7. Instead I am on Quanstamp, got in at 1000 sats. That means I only need quantstamp to go to something like 1700 sats and I'll have made up the gains I lost in ARK. QSP hasn't pumped yet. Then, I shall finally be able to board the ARK again as if I was here the whole time.

Are you all in on a non-top 100 coin? What the fuck?

I did the same as you, though I'm still in BTC. Ark is going to correct within the next week so I'm not too concerned.

HAHAHAHAH

No, 20% of my portfolio. 20% was due for ARK but I missed the moon so I'm trying to get it to moon elsewhere.

Other 4 chunks are in Link, Req, Stellar and Ripple.

I think (know, rather) that the ARK team is technologically capable of developing whatever they need to develop. Their marketing message is just really bad and there's not enough communication over what their vision for ARK is. That's why we had that slack discussion where we hoped to convince them to put ArkVM on the main chain - and grexx said he'd discuss the possibility of a locked down ArkVM on the main chain with just swaps functionality - this is sufficient and in line with what people were already expecting - trustless swaps using ARK.

Not sure why 51 - LISK has 101 - probably a smaller number to avoid issues with nodes causing network instability. Lisk sucks because they have their own cartel problem, but that's a separate issue.

A hostile takeover is impossible because as long as 1 node is honest, voters can immediately drop a delegate and vote in a new one to keep the system fair. It's essentially distributed democratic governance. Nodes don't stake the most - their voters do. The delegate itself doesn't need to have any ARK at all. That's why I think ARK (and DPoS in general as long as it doesn't have LISK's retarded design flaw where you can vote infinite times with one wallet and it doesn't get split) is good for something like blockchain bridging - it's not absurdly large in its decentralization where oracles would clash or cause all sorts of validation errors, but it's not centralized to the point where there's a single point of failure - and due to the fact that the 51 delegates are held up by votes from ARK holders, a sybil attack is not possible 'nor is a total hijack unless every single delegate node went evil at once.

There is one issue with running a "perfectly designed" blockchain bridging system. All of the 51 delegates would HAVE to download the entirety of all the other blockchains at least once. They could prune them after so each one would take up less than 100MB, but the fact remains that initially they'd need to grab the whole chain for every single coin. This isn't a big deal, just time consuming and would require a decently sized server.

There are simpler and "safe enough" methods of doing bridging without relying on the entire chain's data, but not without centralizing that data (which would ruin the point because then again you have a single point of failure). So I think the eventual platform for swaps would need to require downloading all the blockchains in a distributed/decentralized fashion.

Reading your posts makes me glad that I bought 200 of these guys

Thanks for all the work you guys put in.

I just also want to point out that 51 is from a concept of "tyranny of the majority" originally outlined by Jefferson(?) I believe, or one of the classic liberal philosophers like Locke and whatnot (actually yeah I think it was Locke)

Just a question, but have you ever considered or been able to reach out to ARK as an employee? I feel you bring a lot to the table as a counterbalance/ENTP(or INTP if I had to guess) as at least a consultant...

Any predictions on how far this moon will go?

The devs and managers hop into slack. Me and Uncle Chang are in close touch with them indirectly - they respond and take our queries seriously when we bring them up (hence why that discussion in slack was started after Chang tried to engage and asked for that conversation to be had). We're okay with this line of communication for now, we're not trying to toot our own horns too much by pretending to be some fancy consultants or anything - but we do technically own 4% of the network and are very very active in development and the community as a whole, so they take us fairly seriously already.

Probably 50$

Can I get an honest rundown for someone not tech savvy what it all means? Something about the smartbridges arent actually feasible? What does it all mean for ark?

Hell yeah, good to hear. I wish the best of both of you in life, I can tell you're unironically good people.

But don't get caught up in bias.

for*, didn't mean to make that sound too "of"

she makes my dick twitch and I don't even hold any ark

Google it dude, it's all there.

>So I think the eventual platform for swaps would need to require downloading all the blockchains in a distributed/decentralized fashion.

So is this evinces it's a wrong move, right? Stakers aren't trying to download shit brah.

But thank you for the rest, just wanted to concrete that yeah that is dumb

Stakers wouldn't need to, only the delegates would. They already need to run servers for their nodes. It would only make it slightly more costly to run their nodes.

>TFW I want to sell all my Ark to rebuy at the dip
>Can never call the top
Guess I'll just fucking hodl

What partnerships (projected) do you think ARK can fill? The way you put it sounds like there's a lot of risk.

(Please add anything you want to this drunkpost)

Say some guy thinks it's not worth the hassle because data storage means you might have 1/1,000,000 bits of a despicable thing happening. Is there a lot of risk for delegates to deal with this? In the near-future it will be (((money grubbers))) not foreseeing the tech, but idk what I'm trying to even say.

Are you thinking there's a risk for delegates, I heard this was solved by LINK, just saying

i literally only have 2.2 ark ahahahahahhahhahah FML

Because it is impossible for the node/oracle cant see what is going through I mean, aka limited liability

Anyone have an issue sending ark from shittrex to the wallet. Sent 100 3 days ago and nothing showing up in the wallet/blockchain explorer. Emailed bittrex but, you know, they’re shit.

>he thinks he can try to cash out

From exchange to wallet...
To have and to hold...
To infinity and beyond.

do we think Ark will touch 50k sats before eoy?

It's likely