media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
What's your favorite D&D setting? Which are you hoping they bring back first? pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.me/5eg
strawpoll.me/12458334
twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/838225721965174784
twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/838227534428807168
twitter.com/mikemearls/status/808904018265341952
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.me/5eg

Reposting in new thread:

What would this guy's name be, /5eg/?

He's going to be a lawful neutral inspector who has journeyed across an entire continent in pursuit of a wanted man. High fantasy setting, tech era ~1700s (though yes, he admittedly looks a great deal more modern)

Speed factor optional rule, yea or nay?

Makes initiative tracking a bitch with having to roll each round. Probably not worthwhile.

If you want to do things that way and have the means to do it, go for it.

Kinda hefty on the DM-side though, so proceed with caution. Try out one combat with it, and if you / the DM can handle it okay, you can continue it, but if it's difficult, you're better off using the normal ruleset.

Please stop posting this.

First for dragon hunting kobold party

Please stop telling people to stop posting it.

Something starting with J, definitely; probably a full name rather than a shortened nickname.

Johnathan Blackthorn? Something along those lines.

How much will I regret joining a random Roll20 5E group?

I've been having the worst itch to play.

>playing online
Instant regret, amigo.

We don't want 5eg to descend into a den of autism.

Reposting the beta orc 2.0 here too, so that user might see it.

Needs some nerfing, for example War Chief could be reduced to only +1 instead of +2. Getting Str to 20 at level 5 with little effort is a little too much. At least they would need to sacrifice their entire 4th level ASI to get it.

A year from now, you may have a new friend gained from playing a random roll20 group. Maybe it'll be fun.

And hey, if it's shit then leave, and you'll be no worse off for it.

Only option I got right now unfortunately

Not him, but that's a pretty bad argument to put forth, since we're only 16 posts in and now the thread is already on a path towards shit posting because you couldn't just ignore the fucker.

If you use some online platform like roll20 to calculate initiative, it should work.

Why is the Manticore considered the most powerful CR 3 monster?

Show us where, you pathetic manchild.

Still slow unless you get API access for the group-initiative script.

It takes patience and luck, user. You might have to apply to a few dozen games before finding a good group. But it's not impossible, I've been running an online roll20 game for over a year now and it's going great.

>favourite setting
Dark Sun/Planescape

The Local Cannibal Halflings
The Sea of Silt
Hurrums

Vs

Conversations with Dabus
Welcome to Carceri
The Plane of Salt

So conflicted

The artificer class any good?

Decent enough but on the weak side overall. Not much in the way of multiclass cheese outside of some good utility through items and stuff like Thunderstone, either, which is nice.

It's like a more support-oriented variation on a rogue, desu.

Currently playing an artificer here, just around the bend of fourth level.
Alchemist feels a little weak compared to the rest of the party and doesn't really shine out in the group.

Thundercannon Kensei seems incredibly atractive for the Gun-Kata

>martial wea-

fire arms are ranged martial weapons, check the DMG

I have an idea for an encounter. The party is traveling down the road when they meet a knight standing in front of a bridge. He tells them that they can pass if one of them beats him in single combat. The twist is that if they decide to gang up on the knight, he goes up a size for every attacker, stopping at Huge. His AC, HP, STR, CON, and Melee Weapon Attack double every time he grows a size. My question to you guys is:

1. Is this just a bad idea conceptually?

2. Is this bad implementation of a decent concept? For instance, instead of tripling the knight's stats, I could just give him slightly modified Fire Giant stats.

Thundercannon isn't a martial weapon, it's uncategorized.

Because birdpeople invented it and they're OP.

I would try to make it so the encounter would be considered medium 1v1 but deadly en masse, and perhaps give him legendary stuff. So that its still beatable either way, but if a PC takes a chance and does the chivalrous thing its pretty easy, whereas the challenge is more moderate if they have action economy behind them.

1. It's an awesome idea and going in my random encounter notepad.

2. I would just make him tougher for each charatcer, doubling it until he's huge and a monster at combat will have a good chance of killing everyone. Mostly because most PCs are retarded and will bumrush him.

>not breaking concentration economy, healing everyone, bouncing enemies into fucking pits, and dissolving your way through every situation

And these were all strangers before you met them?

>UA: Artificer
>A master of engineering, you forge a firearm

>DMG
>Firearms, Ranged Martial Weapon

Sorry m8

Thundercannon needs a bonus action to reload, so only one shot per turn, and monk's are already pretty bonus-action dependent.

Pair it off with Crossbow expert

I'm not at fourth yet user.
And I picked Tanglefoot Bag rather than Thunderstone due to how Melee heavy my party is.

It's a good idea, but don't literally double it, just draw up three appropriately challenging stat blocks.

The thundercannon isn't a crossbow. Also, crossbow expect negates the loading property, not anything to do with bonus actions.

It doesn't have the loading trait. It has its own special 'use bonus action to reload' feature unique to it. Crossbow Expert wouldn't do anything for the Thundercannon except for removing disadvantage in melee range.

Valid points

21 DPR from 100' up in the air and 68 hp. For reference, a guy with unlimited fireballs has 24 DPR. Sure its single target, but in a given party one of the ranged guys might be a warlock and another a hand crossbow guy, and a wizard may not have enough spells to kill it, etc. It can focus fire on whoever's able to hit it too.

Good if you can pair it with some absurdly weak ground monsters so the people on the ground think they're making progress while it snipes them. Maybe it dumps out a burlap sack full of crawling claws, or waits for them to hit a patch of violet fungus, etc.

Can you run an all-Binder group without any real trouble using this homebrew? It's pretty much a port of the 3.5 class.

>One class
>55 pages

Thanks for the encouragement and advice guys! I'll get to work on a couple of Stat Blocks for our knight.

The way Binder works, you need it.

Only around 14 pages or so deal with the rules themselves, but since they revolve around summoning Vestiges, the other 40 pages are a list of the Vestiges you can summon.

Doubling his AC and physical stats is definitely way too much, especially with how bounded accuracy works, you wouldn't be able to hit him outside of crits if he goes up to huge. The increasing size thing is a nice visual queue to show the party they fucked up though, keep that or include something similar for sure. I'd instead suggest a few less noticeable changes to his stats.
>+1 weapon attack for each extra challenger
>Give him Legendary actions starting at 3 players and increasing by 1 for each additional player.
>Have his proficiency bonus increase by 1 for each extra opponent.
>Increase HP by a moderate amount for each extra opponent.

Interesting Premise for a campaign?

Hi, have you met Polymorph?

Abraham McConahugh the 14th, at your service

Sandboxy minimalism in terms of adventure sites.

>Only around 14 pages or so deal with the rules themselves
>Only around 14 pages or so
>Only around 14 pages
>Only

Zebechial, Archfey and Lord of Lightning, blows into the material plane on a thunderstorm during a feywild worldfall. The party are a ragtag bunch of stormchasers and thrillseekers. Are they bad enough dudes to trek across the countryside and come face-to-face with the Fey?

>hero forge

Read a Paizo Adventure Guide.

Okay so here's my idea. Make a big tough knight man. Then for every additional member that attacks him, another one of him joins the initiative order. His AC and attack bonus increases by 2 for each attacker. An example encounter would look like this:

Bob, the Human Fighter and the Bridge Knight are in combat. The Bridge Knight has 70 hitpoints.

Bob attacks the Bridge Knight, dealing a critical blow! The Bridge Knight takes 30 damage, bringing his hitpoints to 40.

Just then, Simnarillon Nelriven, Drow Wizard, decides that he should end this fight here and now.
He rolls initiative, but to his surprise, so does the Bridge Knight! While the Bridge Knight has not become multiple monsters, he now has two pools of health, two spots in the initiative, and a higher AC and attack bonus to boot! The Bridge Knight now goes twice in the initiative order, and any damage dealt to him is dealt to the HP pool with the least amount of hitpoints remaining. So if he got two attacks per round, then they had better prepare for trouble, because he's making it double.

Go to kobold fight club and find a monster that, in equal numbers to your party, would be the difficulty you're looking for the encounter to be. Then either use a monster of that CR or make one yourself.

>multiple initiatives
>HP bars
We JRPG now.

>one class with a longer list of rules and spells than all the other casters put together.
What about no.

Well, obviously the players aren't able to see the HP of enemies. But the idea of multiple initiatives already exists in-game in the form of legendary actions. This is just a simplified method of legendary actions.

>The way the binder works, you need it
Sounds like I don't need the binder, then.

Come back when you can pare the full class down to 5 pages.

Yep, all strangers. We're from different countries, even. I had a lot of luck, since in my first application I found a great group of players. the DM only wanted to run an one-shot and left, but us players stuck together and found a new DM. Now I run another game for most of them, as well.

I didn't say it was a bad idea.

Oh. Thank you user

If you exclude the Vestige List and Archetypes, then it's 5 pages.

I've got a similar but inversed idea of big guy user.
A party member, upon failing a passive perception check in the street, kicks a pixie paladin as they walk. Highly offended, the paladin challenges them to a duel- without mentioning that, to make it fair, he'll shrink the party member to the same size. Unfortunately, he didn't realize this was the last charge of this magic and it won't recharge until the next full moon weeks away. The party's hand, in the mean time, will be forced by a local magical hallucinogen cartel that needs to be taken care of, either thanks to information given by the paladin, or chasing him down to their base where he's trying to fight them if he escapes. The tiny player will have to do what they can as-is, including some special rules for attacking normal sized humanoids, which I'm going to use to introduce them to the concept of small-on-giant combat and refine my methods for it, which will be VERY relevant to the campaign's climax.
Is this a shit idea?
No, nobody in the party has Remove Curse or similar to try and cure the condition or any contacts that might, so they're in for some encounters either way.

Holy shit, what is this bloat? 50 pages for one class? How could WoTC possibly think this was a good idea?

Homebrew buddy.

>breaking concentration economy
>third caster, so scant spell slots and slow as shit progression
>spell list doesn't even have concentration spells that work with Infuse Magic until you get 2nd level spells

Artificers should really be half casters. Wouldn't even make them OP probably.

Oh thank G-d. I briefly had a heart attack.

>G-d
Stop posting any time.

>strawpoll.me/12458334
Interesting poll.

Many of those would be fine as subclass thingers (whatever they're called in 5e), some should well be ignored (Healer) or already exist pretty well (Avenger, Crusader).

I agree with Warlord and Shaman being the two best on that list, though Warlord could do well as a Fighter subclass and Shaman *maybe* a Cleric or Druid, but I'd say Shaman may be highest on the list there of needing it's own whole class.

Why did they make otyughs low intelligent and unable to speak? in the good old days it was like this:

>Otyughs are intelligent
>Otyughs can speak common
>they spend 24/7 eating poop

What I thought: Star Wars garbage compactor monster
What I got: A porta potty monster that yells "FEED ME SEYMOUR" up at you

About to start my first megadungeon. What should I expect from my DM as a half-elf wizard?

Eh, the avenger is no more the oath of vengeance than the warlord is the battlemaster.

>Craft Golem
>Craft Teleportation Circles
>Animate Objects
>Legend Lore

Of course they need to be at least half casters

Bridge Knight user here, thanks for the advice! I'm really happy my idea is so well received. You guys have given me a lot to consider. I'll post a rough draft once I figure out the best way to make this concept work.

You should expect a large dungeon

Posting this one last time.

strawpoll.me/12458334

The runaway favorites are:
>Warlord, no surprise.
>Shaman, which is a bit odd, considering how it can already be represented by clerics and druids.
The runners-up, each with at least 5%, are:
>Swordmage
>Runepriest
>Warden
>Binder

twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/838225721965174784

twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/838227534428807168

>"original" Eberron stuff at ECCC was not "original content" but "original" as in "first"
>just design documents of Eberron from its initial submission to WotC

I am dead inside.

>Shaman, which is a bit odd, considering how it can already be represented by clerics and druids.

Yes... to the exact same degree battlemaster = warlord, shaman = cleric or druid.

The shaman schtick:

1. They grant lots of attacks etc. Same reason people are insano for warlords.
2. They have various spirit/nature themie powers.
3. They have a virtual pet great for tanking that's immune to status effects that they use as a spell conductor, to give extra attacks, etc.

Do clerics and druids work with spirit companions?

Other than wearing a dress instead of armor and having a ranged spell or two, how much difference is there between them? They're both fanatics that like hitting things with big swords for lots of damage.

Battlemaster is 75% warrior and 25% leader, at best. Needs to be much closer to the other way. The "Lazy" being impossible to reproduce.

>Why did they make otyughs low intelligent and unable to speak?
The can't speak common. They can speak otyugh. They're more intelligent than they were in 3.5, just more alien.

Creation
Legend Lore
Greater Restoration
Passwall
Teleportation Circle

Would probably be a good 5th level spell list for artificers. Animate Objects makes some flavor sense, but doesn't fit in with how non-offensive the rest of the list is.

This is convoluted as fuck and I hate it.

Crossbow Expert/Sharpshooter hand crossbow Lore Bard or Longsword Magic Initiate WLK GFB/EB/Hex Lore Bard?

Would you allow a GOOlock to trade the level 1 ability for Inquisitive Rogue's level 1 ability? It's a much better fit thematically for the character than GOO telepathy.

My character died today and I'm scoping out new classes.

Did they ever clarify if a kensei weapon is a monk weapon or not? I can't remember

It is not.

They're not monk weapons, but Mearls says that the intent was that you still get the benefits of Martial Arts.

twitter.com/mikemearls/status/808904018265341952

As a bard (a lore bard at that) you'd probably be better off focusing on casting spells instead of wasting resources on pretending to be a martial.

But user, rogue archetypes don't have level 1 abilities.

Well, the current best build is Ancients Paladin with an especially high focus on Charisma.

Ride a Flail Snail for maximum antimagic

Well you know what I implied, the first tier of Inquisitive.

Shaman are similar to druids but wildshape is kind of not a thing. A shaman should theoreticly be to a totem barbarian what a druid is to ranger and cleric to paladin.

Should probably have primary or maybe even secondary casting, a mostly heal/buff list, ability to summon stuff (either temp or full time) and maybe "imbue" other people with "animal spirits", similar in concept to the totem barbarian's totems.

I think the question for any of these is "what is more important?" (after iti being fun) filling an accurate representation of the "lore" or being faithful to the old version.

Didn't they tell us we'd have every old class in 5e during testing?

So they're not but they should have been to an extent is what he's saying?

Yes.

Are we potentially getting a 5e Eberron CS?