God of Time vs God of Fate

>God of Time vs God of Fate

Who wins?

Both are fictional and through ignoring them humanity wins

God of Casuality.

Double Down. Time sends Fate to the ends of the universe where without belief he dies, but Fate makes it certain that time will end and thus it does.

fucking casuals!

Ends in sex

Fate cause fate is the end of time
Time cause time is always delaying fate

Fate, It is inevitable.

God of gods

Unless time can extend itself infinitely and never tires

God of Space
>Can't fucking beat me if I expand the distance between us to infinity

You are all talking about the same thing, except the user talking about sex.

Causality really ceases to matter once enough time fuckery becomes involved.

Chronos gets cast out of Mount Olympus by his sons after eating them. Nobody fucking touches the Moirae

>"I'll make time pass real fast so everything will crumble to dust and he will be without fates to control"
>"I'll make something go wrong at some point"
>"We'll call it a draw, shall we?"
>"A draw it is then"

Many people think that time is a river. They are wrong. I've proven them wrong.

Many people think that one cannot escape his fate. I've proven them wrong too.

he killed the dahaka tho

God of Time can litterally stop it and make God of Fate useless af

My players murdered fate in my game. Straight up. Ended it, forever. There is so destiny, no fate, nada. Everyone is free. Of course time is also starting to do some really really fucked up things because of this. So let's just answer it by saying 'win' is a mortal concept too poor to answer such a thing.

That's exactly my point. He murdered the Guardian of Time himself. He used the Mask to escape his fate of a certain death. He changed the timeline.

>time is space
Is God of Time also God of Space?

God of time, easy. Fate can be resisted, and but time will always win out. Even if we manage to start messing with time, eventually time itself will end in the heatdeath of the universe, and we'll have still lost to it.

NO

TIME IS NOT SPACE
SPACE IS NOT TIME
UST BECAUSE TIME CANNOT EXIST WITHOUT SPACE AND VICE VERSA DOESN'T MEAN THE TWO ARE THE SAME THING

>fucking causals!

Nope.
Why is it that one god gets three dimensions and the other gets one?
I propose that to balance it up, we have a god of time and height and another of length and breadth.

>Fate can be resisted

Never say never.

The difference between time and fate is that one is a measure of somethings progression, and one is a perceived path.

One will always march forward, regardless of us.

The other only has meaning because of us.

As such, time is more powerful.

Time is gonna laugh at you so hard as it tears its face off to reveal it was Entropy and Time was just a lie you made up.

A rose by any other name.

Except that isn't entirely true, the reason you think time always marches on is because your consciousness travels along with it, time is as unstoppable as height and it's only your perception that dictates otherwise.

Mortals are able to resist neither time, nor fate, though.

Mortality itself renders people susceptible to the whims of time, and ignorance renders people susceptible to the whims of fate.
The knowledge of your fate is just as likely to come by as achieving immortality - meaning, not really likely.

Fate is THE path. Time is only what drives everything forward on the road fate has laid out

What's the point of a path, if one is unable to travel with it to his destination?
What's the point of being able to move forward, if there's neither path, nor destination to travel to?

Pic related

Doesn't that mean, though, that even fate will eventually succumb to time?

woops. forgot the pic. i has the dumb

It means they both end simultaneously
exactly

That depends on how you define fate. If you believe that everything in the universe, every single molecule, has a pre-determined path, then sure.

But at that point, it becomes absolutely pointless. If literally everything has their predetermined fate and nothing we can do will change that, that makes it so that fate is worth nothing. we know it will happen, sure, but not when, where, or how. We will live our lives regardless.

When everything is special, nothing is. By the same token, if everything has a fate it can't possibly know, it amounts to the same thing as if they did not.

>Determinism 101
Haven't you been 14 yet?

There is no such thing as victory or loss when matters of fate and time are concerned. Winning and losing are mortal concepts. Humans are victorius. Humans are defeated, Time and fate simply are.

I always imagined it kinda like this

everyone must achieve their faith throughout time.
so
God of TIme can stall an
Faith can never win.

All philosophies sound like a 13 year old being edgy if simplified far enough.

Anything sounds dumb if simplified far enough.

That isn't really the point though, is it?

Fate, not Faith.

Are you illiterate?

Fate is a spook

So is time.
Time is nothing more than a measure of progression and continuity.

If you can measure it, its not a spook.

Time isn't a spook, it objectively exists (at least from human perspective)

There is 33 fate in this thread.

The only reason why humans can perceive the existence of time is due to existence of space.

Time is nothing more than a measure of change of the space. It provides continuity, cause-effect relations and other nifty stuff that makes the universe around us logical.
Remove the space, and suddenly, the concept of time loses all of its meaning.
So, no, time is a spook.

based on what? what measurement are you using? what parameter? how did you determine that?

An arbitrary number isn't a measurement.

Arguments against my numbers are mere spooks.

>measure
>spook
pick one you goblin

You are a spook too

One foot is the length of the foot of an arbitrary monarch that died a long time ago.
One second is an arbitrary number that is based on the time required for a specific atom to oscillate a specific arbitrary amount of cycles.
Do I really need to continue?

Measurements are a spook.

Nothing that isn't a spook itself can prove you right.

Fate does not exist because of quantum mechanics.

There is no true path, only probabilities. Time wins.

True as this may be, they are still capable of doing the job of measuring thing. Arbitrary as they are singularly, when used as a measurement they accomplish their task.

Thus, they are not "Spooks".

> True as this may be, they are still capable of doing the job of measuring thing
And social contract is not capable of doing its job of enforcing rules via ostracism? Does it not accomplish the task of defining what is socially acceptable in the society and what is not? Remember that this what Stirner referred to as a "spook", meaning that it was a construct of human's mind, just like measurements are.

Whenever we talk about measurements, we always compare it with some basic unit that we choose arbitrarily.
There is only one undeniable thing that is not a spook - existence. Existence of an object, existence of a quality, existence of perception - something either exists, or it doesn't. There is no middle ground here, it's binary. Everything else is subjective.

An ordinary question "What time is it?" followed by an ordinary answer "It's half past ten" has so many unspoken arbitrary assumptions - that you are referring to the time since the start of the Earth rotation cycle, that you divide the day into 24 hours - that are implicitly understood simply due to the existence of an unspoken agreement, of a standard, which is ultimately nothing more than a construct, a spook.

There is simply no point in the argument.

>If everything is determined fate is pointless

Well duh. Everything is pointless. Only sapient creatures give reason to things.

God of Fate, of course, if it is destined. Nothing can change fate. Not gods, not men. Fate is absolute and inescapable.

>Not gods, not men.
Is the God of Fate incapable of changing his own fate or the fate of the others?

Its a matter of efficiency. Time can efficiently be measured. Socially acceptable is subjective based on where you are though. Cannibalism is okay in some parts of the world as an example. It cannot by nature be defined because it changes from person to person. Even our perception of time can change, in much the same fashion, but the time itself will always move forward at the same rate.

That said, how many unspoken arbitrary assumptions are there in simply raising your arm? How many hundreds of thousands of things happen in that moment to make that happen? Is your arm a spook now?

This goes back to what was said earlier. If everything is a spook, nothing is, because the term looses meaning.

>God of Matter vs God of Force

Who would win?

force

It stays relevant but the path it takes becomes non-linear from the perspective of the participants.

Fate does not exist

Stop arguing, everyone. Fate does not exist. It is physically impossible to exist and a meaningless construct.

When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, the immovable object becomes an unstoppable force while the unstoppable force becomes an immovable object.

Pretty obvious, if you ask me.

You ain't no lady.

Of course he is. What kind of a god would he be if he didn't abide by the rules he has set?

>What kind of a god would he be if he didn't abide by the rules he has set?
Zeus?

But Greek gods are scumbags and don't count

See? That's the Hellenic Pantheon way.

Desire to know more intensifies. What the hell is time up to?

What's the conflict? Time is pretty passive of an element unless you're doing something screwy, or include fate in its portfolio. Maybe the god of time wants to harness time travel, but fate won't budge on his predestinations? I suppose he could try to break fate by introducing microparadoxes into the time stream. Then you can introduce the players to either strengthen them or resolve them depend on who recruited them.

Time is more than one dimension too, in fact depending on how you see the flow of time, the god of time has infinite dimensions.

God of explosions

Fate. Time can't even catch up with Speedsters, but no-one can escape Fate.

>It is physically impossible to exist
>muh quantum
Yeah, that's not how that works

Chaos, obviously.

He got dubs though

The gods of chaos
Heil tzeench

Neither fate or time are real, lmao