Were Kaijus a mistake?

Were Kaijus a mistake?

Yes,

Links were not

FUCK YOU, Kaiju's are fun

Too fun to be a mistake. The tears shed as I tribute their Crystal Wing sustain me.

remember when monarchs were a mistake too?

oh boy do i

>dude i tribute ur bos monster for no cost and u can't negate it causee tribute happens b4 special summon
>dude 80% of the meta
straight up cancer what were konami thinking. If you play kaijus I'll fucking double drop kick you in the head after the duel. Making me put mask of restrict in every deck.

New card, and 2 anime cards.

>walloftext.bmp

People have been complaining about monarchs since 2003.

finally, something from COTD

nah, they're fine

Kiregimi Taichou / Mauled Captain
EARTH Warrior / Effect
LV1 400/1200
(1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in Defense Position, but its effects are negated.

What playable in Yu-gi-oh is not a mistake at this point? I mean, Zoodiacs, ABC's, Metalfoes, all that shit's fucking retarded.

Hope DB is stable soon so I can finally start playing some GOAT format.

that's almost the same thing people said back when Judgement dragon was a thing.

I haven't played consistentally since inzektors were a thing
Kaijus look fun, but fuck man, I got banned from the closest card shop which is already a city away, and that one doesn't even do yu-gi-oh tournaments due to gang bullshit, apparently. I don't even know, shit's retarded.

And it was true back then as well.
After all these years and all that powercreep Judgment Dragon is still a fucking great card. Overall however, the game caught up to most stuff like that unitl the mistakes became a norm.

But Zoodiacs? Really? One-card combos that break the meta open?

Fuck off mate. If the whoe game's gonna look like that in a year, Goat it is.

I feel like back row is a little strong right now. I get that strike and d barrier are meant to stop all the turbo summoning, but if you go first you get to turbo summon and set some extremely debilitating back row. Along with all the effect negating/untargetable/hexproof monsters people use nowadays it seems like a bit too much and only contributes to the go first meta of the game.

>I got banned from the closest card shop
What did you do?
>that one doesn't even do yu-gi-oh tournaments due to gang bullshit, apparently.
Story?

So, is it even possible to build a moderately competitive vanilla beatdown deck in the current meta?

If not, what new card's would need to exist to enable such a build?

>Vanilla beatdown
Not even close
>What cards are needed
Such that if they're in your deck the last 10 years worth of cards are banned.
Beatdown decks were not viable since GX era at least.

Skilldrain?

It you're talking 'bout your direct female ancestor, then indeed, it was a blunder of really epic proportions.

Mythic Radiance is pretty good. Very simple to build a vanilla beat down deck.

>page 10

Yugioh has a long, rich history of fixing one mistake with another. It is a beautiful, self-perpetuating cycle.