Warhammer Fantasy General

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

> Icy Vampire cheek edition.

> 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

> Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

> List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

> Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

> Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

> 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

> Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

> End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

> Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

> Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

> Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
twitter.com/olofrask/status/748087209866174464
twitter.com/olofrask/status/748087131243970560
youtube.com/watch?v=qAkZT_4vL_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anyone have any better images of Dave Taylor's Grand Army of Cathay?

Second for Kawaii Cult of Sigmar.

Notice me Sigmar sempai!

I owned an Ogre army, I fuckin killed it.

Fuck net listing, I played Ogres how they should have been played, near fluff played them and won 8 out of 10 times against net lists.

Interesting plot hooks for apprentice wizard character? Also, any interesting plot hook with the whole Solland/Wissenland thingy? Intrigue one I guess

First for Kislev, antemurale culturis.

So what knight orders are in which counties?

I just spent the last 7 hours looking for it, so I'm going to ask here. Anyone have a link to a WFRP 3e's Hero's Call pdf? Already tried the links in the OP to no luck.

Mainly looking for the rules for Races because my players want to try some races outside of the Core Set stuff.

Couldn't find it on Amazon and the only listing on eBay is asking for $155.

Blazing Sun is Averland, Morr is Stirland I think?

Morr is Ostermark I think

Are those Gondor men in the top right?

First for Tilea, Sigmar was a cuck

When was Tilea ever relevant?

Well, the guy who made the Steam Tonk was from Tilea, but that's about all I can remember at the moment.

>Twelfth for Tilea

FTFY

Wasn't that dwarf creation, user?

Any good places to find White Dwarf battle reports? I checked the mega and couldn't find anything
More specifically I'm looking for the Dwarf attackers vs Empire defenders report. Thanks!

No, the Dwarfs made the Gyrocopter, but the guy who made the Steam Tank was a Da Vinci expy who built 12 of them before he passed away.

Can the Warhammer Fantasy series be saved?

Its been whored and abused so much.

Make him/her an initiate in a Chaos cabal. The goal is to climb to the top.

Well if Theodora is any lead it's in for a great time!

Both are pretty near Sylvania so it makes sense for them to have bases in both

Nordland has Sons of Mannan, Middenland has White Wolves, Averland blazing sun, Ostland knights of the bull, Reikland has Reiksguard, how about Wissenland?

Is this where I should ask about a WHFRP trove, if such a thing exists?
Looking for a couple of modules to read over

it exists
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>>Arthenis walked to his work bench, ignoring the pleas of his human captive. He could hear the rapid breathing but he calmly toured his various instruments, making sure to drag his thumb across each blade to make sure they were sharp. "I am sure you know the punishment for escape." Artenis asked, though he wasn't sure if the slave knew enough Eltharin to understand what he was saying. Holding the different blades was what mattered, the slaves pupil's dilated noticeably when they were shown. "I can only hope you know what an honour this is. Vartemos has his symphonies, Destra has her statues, and I....well..." Arthenis approached the slave with a simple knife that looked much simpler than all the others with their wild designs and wicked curves. This knife was tried and true. The slave, his name unknown as Arthenis didn't care to learn it, struggled with his bonds. But it was in vain as the lock was made with a Gromril alloy, forged by captured dwarf smiths. Had he been able to escape, Arthenis would not mind. At least it would give him sport. Another hundred years could go by and his interest would still not be piqued. He was beginning to grow terribly bored, until the slave was screaming for his life.

Well?

She's doing elves.

Fey stuff.

Lady's personal stuff

Surprised I found it on twitter out of all places...
twitter.com/olofrask/status/748087209866174464
twitter.com/olofrask/status/748087131243970560

Get back to work peasant, or I'll show you the right side of my sword.

What happened to the design for (crypt) ghouls? The metal models looked like old guys in loincloths and the plastic models look like Gollum with bones through his skin.

Ever notice that the Polearm Men-At-Arms in Total Warhammer don't have the same leadership penalties as most peasant units? What's up with that?

The series has also reminded me that somehow, despite being an elf goddess and regularly encouraging her servants to spend time in Athel Loren, The Lady still seems more than willing to war with the Wood Elves. I know it makes more sense now that we know she's not specifically a Wood Elf deity like Isha, but it's still odd that Bretonnia and the Wood Elves could be at such odds.

>mentioning anything from End Times

During the last maybe 5 years or so of Warhammer Fantasy their was a deliberate effort to play up the fantastic elements to create a more distinct brand identity. Ghouls got changed around that time. Because Games Workshop values intellectual property control more than anything else eventually the execs realized neither the word 'Warhammer' nor 'Fantasy' could be copyrighted, and we got Age of Sigmar™ complete with 'Aelves'™, 'Orruks'™, and the like.

Take a look how vampire heroes changed during that same period.

To this

I know ET sucked balls, but it's not like we can pretend the answer is different even if we ignore all the events around it, right? The mystery was revealed.

If you pretend the Lady isn't a elf god it makes Bretonnia actually cool. The whole elf thing ruins it for me.

>specifically a Wood Elf deity
>Isha

Ariel is avatar of Isha the wife of Kurnous.

Right, but Isha is in no way a specifically Wood elf deity.

Well, what is she if not an elven deity? Even before Lileath, the Fey Enchantress and the Damsels obviously had strong ties to Athel Loren and the 'fey' as the Bretonnians knew them.

Yeah, has what I meant, my bad. It was once strongly hinted that the Bretonnians just mistook Ariel for the Lady.

They are equally revered by Asrai.
Asuryan is chief god of Asur.
Khaine is chief god of Druchii.

My guess is that she's got a bunch of chained up damsels that shoot the winds of magic constantly towards all your Lords.

>War with wood elves
They deserve it though, because they're dicks. Chaos is one thing but dickishness will not be tolerated, which is why they're always fighting orcs too.

Anyone in this thread into Oldhammer/3rd edition or is this a 8th/9th Age sort of place? Wondering if I should start following this general.

>Khaine is chief god of Druchii.

No, Ereth Khial is. Khaine is just more worshipped because Dark Elves love murder.

This place is specifically non-AoS/End Times.

Yeah, I know it's not about the new setting and game, just wondering if there were any oldhammerers about.

Theoretically there are, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of them jumped ship earlier on. I know there are at least some people interested in older lore and rules.

In 8th ed he is.

I am generally more interested in 4th edition,but i will admit i never tried discovering 3rd edition. How was it? Care to tell why do you prefer it to 4th?

Well butter my biscuits, guess I'm wrong.

The ruleset is something of a mess, but the sheer depth of the rules allows for some fantastic games. You have rules for baggage trains, mercenaries that will switch sides unless you pay them, the fantastic Warhammer Siege book which is frankly insane in it's level of depth and of course my favourite, the reserve movement phase. Depending on their leadership, some units can move up to three times during one turn. It's very tactical, really lets you feel like a general and there are so many rules that you can treat it like a 'toolkit' for making fun scenarios, narrative campaigns and the like.

Tom Waits reference?
in MY warhammer?

youtube.com/watch?v=qAkZT_4vL_Y

Easy mistake to make, E.K is very important too

Not a good analogy, because winged vampires were a thing in 6th edition.

Comparing 6e Mannfred with End Times Mannfred on the other hand...

do the high elves have one of those fancy circle things?

What is this from?

Well hot damn I don't think I've ever got quints before.

Anyway, what should I get next? Skaven or Dark Elves?

Warhammer Fantasy hasn't been whored out or abused at all really.

The RPG's are good at best and mediocre at worst. All the video games are pretty good. Every edition of the table top game has been decent, 8th was okay but totally killed any new blood because of the number of models needed. I haven't read all the novels but there are no where near as many as 40K and they had a much tighter leash on Fantasy.

Nice quints.

I made it up.

I could tell by the way you changed the spelling of Arthemis name in the second sentence.

They just done goofed. Sometimes GW got to carried away with trying to make every kit interesting when really all we wanted was run of the mill ghouls.

If you want the old style Mantic sell them.

I was drinking when I wrote it. Couldn't perfect it even after proof reading it.

Of course we can. The End Times was just them wrapping shit up as quick as possible. They put next to no effort into it.

This thread covers every edition of the wargame, the RPG, any video games, Mordheim, Warmaster, Man O' War, T9A and I guess Kings of War if it's in the Fantasy setting with Fantasy models.

Don't know if I missed anything.

Oh yeah, also any lore.

also the Druchii speak Druhir, not Eltharin, though only a dialect of Eltharin, understanding high eltharin wouldn't mean they understand Druhir, especially for non-elves.

Do they still sell the Island of Blood reissue? If they do, start Skaven.

I'm interested too. Also where us that from?

So, should it just be a mystery? Is there an actual answer beyond the one GW came up with?

Probably, some questions are best left unanswered.

the 8th Ed Army Books.

I think the HE one had it too.

just checked, it's under the header army special rules for dark elves and wood elves.
there isn't one for high elves.
guess GW hates high elves.

most factions have a "thing" that makes them grim and dark in warhammer

what is it for high elves?

they're dying out and they hate everyone

In some ways they are a homage to Warhammer's Tolkien influence, of all the races they are probably the most selfless.

But, they're a doomed race like in Tolkien and they're arrogant as fuck and would sacrifice a thousand lesser beings to save one Elf.

that's cheerful compared to most races

they got dragons

that means they can burn other fuckers alive by the dozen

There's the whole curse of Aenarion - their best and brightest are cursed to fall, and their worst in the past have cursed them to the loss of their empire and the weakening of their realms. They have to rely heavily on human realms as a buffer and source of aid, but in order to do that they have to constantly flex their strength and act like they aren't weakening.

It isn't all that grim, especially since most of their land is pretty perfect and untainted, with barely any Orcs or Goblins or Beastmen if any, but it's a little grim. Just not much - they're probably the race you'd want to hang out among the most because of how generally peaceful and secure their lands are.

that seems quite bright compared to the other races. most have some inner flaw, usually being either too oppressive or too chaotic, but it sounds as if everything wrong with the high elves comes from outside.

They're arrogant? That's kind of a flaw, even if in a lot of ways they are literally better.

they put them all to sleep with magic and run a foolish monopoly on them. star dragons can single handedly kill a greater daemon, but you'll never see one because the elves forgot how to wake them up.

Great, if only it had names.

Found it.

I know elf fans would care a lot more than I would, but does anyone even try to bother even loosely learning these charts beyond the places of a few of the big name gods, like Isha, Kurnous, Asuryan, and Khaine? It seems like half of the other deities are barely mentioned, and the other half don't have all that much importance or are very vague and are just to help make things more complex.

Dwarf deities are a lot more simpler because there are only three or four major ancestor gods with all the rest being loosely related to the major concepts, and human deities are based more heavily on familiar myth and are mostly uniform throughout the Old World. Both pantheons feel like they'd be more fun to use for inspiration and fluff than most of the elven ones. I know GW dumbed things down a fuckton towards the end in a lot of places in ways that were stupid, but complexity does not equal good.

what book is that

the elven pantheon got some exposure in the Wood Elf dlc for TW.

based Estreuth, bane of Norsca.

HALFLINGS
A
L
F
L
I
N
G
S

If you don't care then don't feel you need to learn it inside out, but for someone playing an RPG or wanting to have an obscure faction in the wargame it's always nice to have the extra depth. Someone somewhere will appreciate it.

I too, have saved all of Dave Gallagher's concepts.

They're great.

They are but it also makes me said seeing all the lost potential.

Not everything would have ended up in the art books or on the tabletop. We should be glad we at least have it, especially some of the civilian-style art we have for the Bretonnians that otherwise we'd have no idea what they'd look like.

Hopefully a game dev will implement some of these ideas.