Montreal plastic grocery bag ban

Starting January 1 of the next current year, Montreal is forcing store owners to stop issuing plastic bags to customers.
That's great, except they haven't provided any alternatives.
This means any spontaneous shopping, any purchases exceeding what you originally planned for, or generally any situation where you didn't bring enough of your own bags means both the consumer and the retailers get hurt.

Whatever happened to paper bags?

That's what I keep saying.

Welcome to 21st century. I dive professionally for the CSIRO in Australia. Plastic bags are creating a massive problem for marine life when fat ass burger siblings a.k.a Canadians can bring fabric bags themselves. I'm far from a greenie, but plastic bags are bullshit

Exactly. Stores will just stock paper bags.

Paper is made from a renewable resource and harmlessly breaks down in the compost.

So this is great and OP is a disorganised idiot.

>plastic bags are bullshit
>The retardation levels are very high today.
The issue is about stores providing a viable alternative. Maybe the city lawmakers could have worked with the retailers to devise a cost effective paper bag system or boxes or something besides "too bad for you".

>Stores will just stock paper bags
As great an idea as that is, being in Montreal there is no indication they will do that. So far we are expected to bring our own bags. Only Pharmaprix is talking about some $0.25 reusable bag.

Califag here. It's a fucking scam. Once plastic is "banned" they will charge for whatever they stock: paper, plastic, or cloth.

It's just another Jew trick.

>i live in australia
my condolences

C'est quoi tu veux user?

They might be lighter, but they're harder to hold.

Califas logical market response is to sell a more durable bag. It's working and anyone that wants to see more plastic shit floating around is a goddamned barftard.

just leave a cloth bag or two in your car you retards

Honestly I don't mind spending a couple of extra cents if it means I'm not shitting up my surroundings with eternal plastic garbage

They are heavier actually, and easier to walk with. The mass of the bags carried in your arms joins your momentum instead of dragging it with every swing back like handle bags do.
I'm only answering for the sake of your trips. Another option to replace the bags, as stated from the outset.

Good fuck plastic bags and anyone who doesn't knowingly harms the environment when supermarkets provide cheap eco friendly bags.

sick! are you in research?

Literally just subsides fabric bags which only cost $1 anyway compared to 30c for each plastic bag. Provide paper for one off uses its not fucking hard

>innovation is jewish

>living anywhere else but Australia
Great nature quality of life and climate. Have fun being a wages slave you Mcfat.

It's not a ban on plastic bags altogether, just stores giving them to customers. The point is, if I don't bring my own bags every friggin' time I leave the house and I realize while I'm out that I need some groceries, what do?

Every single person living in a large city owns a car. Everyone.

Who the hell just buys a bag or two of groceries at a time? Do you enjoy wasting your time going to the store multiple times a week?

These

Fuck plastic shit, I'm glad that something is finally being done about this wasteful BS

Fresh fruits and veggies motherfucker!

Shit doesn't just decay the minute you get it into your house. Put it in the fridge and it can last all month.

I wish I was there in that moment and grabbed that girl and fucked her.

>his fruits "last" all month

Keep eaten rotten food pajeet

What's so hard to get about this concept? You're not supposed to buy the shit that's already ripe or it'll rot way too fast.