Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

whats his name again?
>pic related

>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
[YouTube] [MV] REOL - No title (embed) [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (what the Lion calls Vulkan's dick pics folder)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CF6cskF9aJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=zob4jAGbpMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st?

>whats his name again?
White Dwarf?

Hey guys, are the Index Astartes pdfs available anywhere?

Reversed omega alpha prime

Robert ghoul-a-man

did you check
>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
??
if not no

I did have a look there, couldn't find them. Sad times.

yea soz m80 cant help out then

Were in here

Alpharius

thanks, ill delete

I don't suppose any of the new Fallen formations leaked yet ? Think they will just copy paste what they had in the Cypher data-slate or will they actually get some terminator and bike formations ?

Pursuing the Fallen are special objectives when both Dark Angels and Fallen are on the field at the same time.

8e leaks and rumours when? I want to see Nids decent again

An plot device of unifying Eldar and Imperium and saving both.

Why are GK so overcosted?

Wow, each unit generates one warp charge per turn. Gamebreaking. Totally.

Oh, they all have AP3 weapons. Except they're so expensive they don't have the numbers to justify it.

They have scoring terminators! Oh, right, 2+ means fuck all these days.

Same. I'm thinking I'm gonna wait till 8th to start 40k, just because I love nids

>unifying Eldar

user most Dark Eldar and Craftworlders either distrust or straight up hate the Ynnari.

There's a unified faction, but that faction is not the whole Eldar race.

So it's still fluffy for me to use pure deldar?

Yes, they just don't amount to much anymore.

Yep, completely. Vect fucking hates the Ynnari and so do the Haemonculi.

Phoenix Lords, oldman Eldrad, prince Yriel and Lelith support them, literally every prominent named character except for Vect and Rakarth, also fuck them because haemonculi caused Fall.

Can't decide between nids (even though I know they suck), deldar, or necrons

Wait for eighth t b h

Exactly how blind am I that I can't find the new supplement in the mega? I see Fall of Cadia but that's all I see for Gathering Storm

It's in there. I know I saw it in one of them yesterday

>Have a small army of almost every faction
>Most are around 1000 points, some larger, some smaller
>Of the major books, only missing Orks, Guard, Necrons, and Ad Mech
>Try and come up with ideas for those armies to complete the set
>End up just coming up with more ideas for Tyranids Hive Fleets and things for other factions

I feel like I should just accept the fact that I don't like Skitarii, Necrons, or Imperial Guard.

youtube.com/watch?v=CF6cskF9aJ4

Ah, I found it in the third mega link

>most

Nope. When the Phoenix Lords say jump you say "how high". No one on the craftworld gonna call Jain Zar an asshole to her face.

Yeah they will, otherwise we'd have seen more people join the Ynnari.

They have 1, maybe 2, on their side of dozens.

Is there any reason to use the Hellfire Carronade on a Deredeo? I'd use the lascannon battery if it wasn't 30k only, but I do like the style of the carronade better than the autocannons. The AP2 is nice and all, but it's that really better than getting Sunder for max versatility?
Rebel Golem-man

funny you should mention Jain since in her latest novel she butts heads with Eldrad over how to save a craftworld

Except you're pulling this out your ass user.

>tfw got my shit pushed in so hard with my Tau against Nids I had to concede defeat at the end of Turn 2.

1K points. Had the worst fucking rolls and luck and he had RNJesus giving him BJs under the table. Note to self: Pack flamers and Airbursting Frag Projectors for next game. Nids out of LoS is a recipe for disaster.

I'm pulling that only 1 or 2 Craftworlds joined the Ynnari out of dozens? Please name the rest, then.

Other craftworlds just had people defect to the Ynnari, not join them.

>its an opponent gives retarded names he thinks are funny to his mc's and units and gets mad or corrects you when you don't call them by that as well episode

I wish people at my store cared enough to name their characters.

>Counting is hard

Ulthwe, Biel-tan, Altansar and Iyanden are four craftworlds. This happens in the space of a single event. You say "most", yet in the span of a single event most of the major craftworlds have joined Ynnari. Only Alaitoc and Saim-Hann are unaccounted for out of the big 5, and we don't know if word has even reached them yet. So yeah, you're full of shit.

>My Tau lost against one of the weakest armies in the game due to terrible luck
>Better list tailor like a faggot so that never happens again!

Ulthwe and Biel-Tan don't fucking join the Ynnari.

They just have people from there join them.

Altansar and Iyanden join them straight up.

>More Gav Thorpe novels

Make it stop.

>Ulthwe and Biel-Tan don't fucking join the Ynnari.
>They just have people from there join them.

You're just being dishonest at this point and attempting to split hairs to avoid looking wrong. Nowhere does it say most refuse. In fact it says only the most conservative of Eldar did.

It's ok when every other army writes a better non-cheese list to counter but when Tau do it they're seen as the anti-christ.

You literally can't win in these threads.

May as well ask here, too.

I don't know if I should take a risk and drive an hour to see if there will be any games, or if I should stay at home and work on my Legion.

What should I do?

I watched 30k Thousand Sons go up against Ynnari yesterday. Scatterbikes, archon, fire dragons, swooping hawks, scourges, farseer and a wraithlord vs 2 sehkmet squads, praetor, 2 special castellans, and a 5 man plasma squad in a rhino.
Eldar got fucking clobbered, it wasn't even funny

Your fault for being the faggot who picked tau

I've had people name stuff, but none have cared when we got them wrong. Also it's usually fun if some model is named, we usually cheer on the model in hopes that it does something. I had a Conscript that got his arm knocked off, so a guy called him Stumpy. Then we all cheered when Stumpy punched the last Marine bike to death.

My fault for expecting this thread to harbour good discussion, rather :^)

i'm a bit divided. i want more about the eldar but i wish they would branch out to other authors. it's not like they lack writters since they can put out a handful of space marine novels each month. also double check their facts but that's a complaint about black library in genral

>This funny guy

My brother wants to start a small Necron force to play 40k with me and a mutual friend. He already owns an Overlord and I was thinking of suggesting to get the SC! Necrons box and the Armored Assault box and put together pic related.

Is it a decent lost for what he'd spend to get it? What kind of stuff should I avoid bringing against him when teaching him the ropes while playing AdMech or Space Marines?

>good discussion
>tau

What good discussion is going to be generated by a retarded decision to tailor a list to deal with one of the least threatening armies because of one game of poor dice rolls instead of being concerned over actual threats like Eldar?

Pack them because you need them in general, don't pack them because you know how your opponent plays so you absolutely have to take every measure to make sure he has the least fun possible.

I was responding to a shit post with a shit post. Are you going to pretend we shouldn't ever shitpost?

That's half the reason to come here dumb dumb.

Wanting Eldar novels is a monkeys paw wish. Good ones don't exist outside of a single Guy Havel book. You just have Gav Thorpe with his inability to give so much as a drip of personality to Eldar characters and his constant need to remove any morsel of mystery from things that were previously fun. He's not just lore rape. He's boring lore rape.

>i come here to shit post
>WHY CAN'T WE EVER HAVE A GOOD DISCUSSION

Well I guess I'll give you at least one (Yo) for this nicely-crafted bait.

As someone who used to play Tau, I'm telling you that your army is literally the easiest in the game to tailor against specific threats, and also the one that gets the most efficient results. You're a turbofaggot for hard tailoring vs Nids just because you got your shit wrecked, especially if it was mostly though RNG, it's no surprise Veeky Forums is going to laugh you out of the thread.

Oh, you picked the wrong person to respond to. See you meant to click this guys post But you clicked mine I was responding to this guys silly story Still you're a faggot anyway.

Which Imperial Knight would people recommend to use with the cult mech and skitarri and what would be the pros and cons of different choices?

If you're the second guy I replied to my phone spazzed out. If you're the tau player you're retarded.

>I'll post it in every thread because I think it's topical in this edition
M8 it was a nice bit of nostalgia when it first showed up but it's starting to wear down alright

good marine books are rare and few, but there's enough that every 15 or so are decent.

So the most recent Tau codex has been discontinued on GW. What do you guys think they are gonna do?

Rupert

Don't bother with Flamers. Airbursters are okay, but not for what I assume you're having trouble with.
Believe it or not, Tau actually has relative trouble dealing with blobs simply because your allcomer options don't include what you need.
Consider Burst Cannons; a single Crisis Suit with two will put out 8 shots a turn for 10 points less than your standard options, and JSJ will keep you out of assault range compared to gunlines that have to slog. At 1000 points, you can easily take nine burst cannon suits for a total of 72 shots every turn, which should be enough to tear through gaunts. Cyclic Ion Blasters are also an okay choice.
Against Nids, try to avoid Fusions since you won't be able to ID the important stuff and they obviously don't have vehicles.
Also consider a Sun Shark. S5 AP5 bomb every turn, plus you get two S8 AP4 blasts supported by a networked markerlight in your shooting phase. It also helps you deal with Flyrants. With the right flyer formation, you can do mad damage.

They're just gonna sell it softback instead of hardback shitpost-kun

>riptide wing
>heavy burst cannon
>smart missiles
>5 pathfinders
cheese

Fucking fuck these fucking Russian fucks how the fuck do they make painting look so goddamn easy how the fuck do they thin their paints mine is either too thick or so watery it runs away from the details, fuck my shaky-ass hands and shitty brushes, fuck using fucking spray primer and covering up details that not even stripping will fix, FUCK

There's a 100% chance that the next tyranid codex with remove twin linked devourers, double the cost of venomthropes and gaunts and make boneswords AP4.

that's okay, they don't like you either

>its an 'opponent hands you his army backstory which is several pages long and welcomes you to read it and asks you for your army's backstory before a game' episode

They'll increase the base point cost of carnifexes to 150 and remove access to biomorphs to monstrous creatures.

Git good

>it's a your units are so fucking shitty that your opponents all call the swarmlord a stormlord and you've just given up on correcting them at this point episode

you missed a fucking fuck there

Which Imperial Knight would people recommend to use with the cult mech and skitarri and what would be the pros and cons of different choices?

>posted it twice

What did he mean by this?

Paladin or crusader to shoot apart infantry blobs. You can pack so much haywire and grav in your army that vehicles and power armor are a joke but you might struggle with hordes.

>no warscythe on overlords
May want to fix that one first.

i think hes asking Which Imperial Knight would people recommend to use with the cult mech and skitarri and what would be the pros and cons of different choices?

>What is practice

Think your paint with vodka comrade its not that hard

It was an accident because of retarded captcha

>It's a girl hands you her yaoi inspired Space Marine chapter fluff that is multiple pages long with drawn pictures episode
>You skim it and it's barely about the universe and mostly about their love and lust for each
>You cringe internally and hand it back to her

That's when you realize she just handed you the Space Marine codex to double check a rule she didn't quite understand

Crusader or Warden.

Crusader
>expensive
>no D

Warden
>excellent all-rounder

You could make a case for the Paladin too

I have a problem, Veeky Forums. I'm starting up a CSM army, and I want to have all these big, cool things; chaos contemptors and spartan assualt transports and daemon princes and renegade knights and greater demons with allied demons, I want all the big, cool splashy shit; but what I NEED to buy is just dudes so I can fill out my army, more regular marines, actually get raptors and terminators and enough rhinos for all of them.

How do I overcome my desire to get Big Cool Models so I can buy the Efficient Purchases, Veeky Forums?

all of them, get magnets. paladin is usually good enough

years of practice, talking to people, competing, and help. if your hands shake you need to steady them by putting your painting hand wrist on your non-painting hand wrist. don't hold the models, get something to hold them. only use 1/3 or 2/3 of the brush to avoid getting paint in the belly which makes the brush useless. don't let paint dry in it. i suspect you get your paint out by brush then put it on a palette, maybe use an old brush instead. i buy brushes in bulk

youtube.com/watch?v=zob4jAGbpMM

memes aside, if I want to start an ork army for casual friendy matches, what would be a good start besides the start collecting box?

Check the mega links in the Horus Heresy threads. I think I found them there

god that makes me so mad.

>That's when you realize she just handed you the Space Marine codex to double check a rule she didn't quite understand

Which Hive Tyrant would people recommend to use with the Genestealer cults and what would be the pros and cons of different choices?

Flyrant because if a cult is the precursor to an invasion then the initial landings would be from alpha beasts, so make sure in include plenty of lictors as well

Don't mind me just posting two of the most useless fucking characters in the game.