ANTHEM EDITION

ANTHEM EDITION

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread topic
What's your deck's anthem?

youtube.com/watch?v=lSLXS0bjSCs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EPOIS5taqA8
youtube.com/watch?v=gNfcwVov8c4
youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs
youtube.com/watch?v=zDXgbdhj5Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=LV9uCOobpHU
youtube.com/watch?v=TZsUAqaOiHU
youtu.be/w3Hn8ywmjEI
youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw&index=21&list=PLc_7WQpuDJ_-gGBXf49L2J-9Yxy__y5B5
youtube.com/watch?v=L90dy5lUh5I
youtu.be/75zmIj_4LFQ
slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=20154&sid=34fed1d6144361e114d9dfedb213f051
youtu.be/GXoZsgNHquM
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-man-the-myth-the-legend-1/
youtu.be/Ahfb7M7jYvA
youtu.be/66QcIlblI1U
youtu.be/aqm-S9J1s_k
youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7iqxzURgQWg
youtu.be/nL9UGq63sJw
youtu.be/N9JN4aqMduo
youtube.com/watch?v=v54cX5rC8Pg
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-beginning-of-the-end-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone have that collage of the Mogis 8rack deck?

POST YOUR FAVORITE UNDERDOG COMMANDER

Me against the world.

Is this yours? Did you do it yourself or is there someone I can pay to do it?

>My deck's anthem
youtu.be/EPOIS5taqA8

It's not mine, that image gets posted a lot. It's fairly simple to do though.

youtube.com/watch?v=gNfcwVov8c4

>outdated wording

Get with the times user.

youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs

Karona best (false) god

Do you think it can be done with Game Day foils?

>What's your deck's anthem?
youtube.com/watch?v=zDXgbdhj5Zc

youtube.com/watch?v=LV9uCOobpHU

The name of the deck is "swamps matter".

youtube.com/watch?v=TZsUAqaOiHU

>TFW you slam an opponent for 10 damage with three eldrazi Titans in hand

Sure, you still need about 5-7 copies though. Might want to practice on some commons you have a bunch of before you take an exactoknife to cards you care about.

So what are some fun spicy tech I can do with this guy in Mono-Brown? Looking up combos only brings up he Time Sieve one and that doesn't do me much good. I guess it makes for good Ashnod's Altar fodder.

He doesn't strictly combo with anything besides Time Sieve.

I would have gone with Hellbent for Leather personally.
Good man.

Is Kruphix considered

yup lol that's why I love this guy

I was hoping to commission it, I think I would absolutely butcher it and probably send myself to the emergency room with that exacto knife while I'm at it. Is there an /edhg/ approved alterist? Also tfw Paradox Engine goes off with just about anything.
>Engine, Mana Rocks and buyback spells for infinite mana
>Engine, Mana Rocks and Future Sight/Melek to cast library
I sincerely hope this gets banned, because what I'm doing with it is disgusting and I'm not even Elfball or Slivers.

Don't really know a fitting song for old zirilian yet, do any of you anons have any ideas?

Where Dragons Rule by DragonForce?

I'm not really sure the reputation this guy has in other groups, but he's become my main deck and successfully strikes fear into the heart of my opponents.

At first, they look confused.
>What is this buck-toothed donkey thing?
>A mono blue guy that puts lands in? Okay, weird.
>Oh. I see. There are dumb moon people that have to bounce lands to use their abilities and this helps. Bad deck....

And then the fucking Sunder drops and two bitches someone gets hit in the dome piece with 22 commander damage thanks to Adventuring Gear while my 25/25 Wind-rider Eel savages the corpse of the other guy.

Not to mention there are 4-5 ways to combo off for other wins lurking in the deck.

>Second most played Simic commander
>Second most played Theros God

Pharika is more underdog than Kruphix

thanks user

Anytime nerd.

Who is letting you resolve a Sunder of all cards?

>Nylea
JUST

I'm so glad EDH is a thing. It's like the cards themselves have become tard wranglers for the betterment of the game.

Considering the other options mono-G has and the fact that even for a mono-G card she's utterly boring I'm not surprised no one is bothering with her.

>Who is letting you resolve a Sunder of all cards?
>Monoblue

I am pretty sure he is the one allowing him to resolve Sunder.

Well meme'd friend :^)

thanks i cum on cat she hiss at penis

>Pharika
>115 decks
>one of them is mine

youtu.be/w3Hn8ywmjEI

What did Kek mean by this?

>those trips
I have become EDH, King of the Autistic Masses.

>What's your deck's anthem?
youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

I prefer his counterpart, Meloku, because he generates tokens that I can use with Mass Polymorph to tutor every creature in my deck. Either way you go, soratami are a stronk tribe in edh.

The combo potential is absurd.

>Thread topic
What's your deck's anthem?

youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw&index=21&list=PLc_7WQpuDJ_-gGBXf49L2J-9Yxy__y5B5

youtube.com/watch?v=L90dy5lUh5I

That was good

anyone here ever use puca trade? is ie legit?

Gross. I'm ashamed to be a Marduchesa comrade.

Could you post a list? I always have wanted to do pirate tribal.

Is xmage missing cards? I've tried to add Soldevi Sentry and Phyrexian Portal to my deck, but they don't seem to be there. How do I add them?

There are virtually no pirates.

>Anthem
youtu.be/75zmIj_4LFQ

I can't fucking wait for that deck reprint.

How do I prevent effects like Languish playing a non-blue token deck? I have a few cards like Heroic Intervention in to get save them from destruction-based boardwipes, but toughness 0 gets around that. Is there any easy way to get around it besides counterspells?

Yes, xmage is missing quite a few cards. I think they upload them one at a time by hand, so as you can imagine a lot of stuff slips through the cracks. I think they do updates and add them in bits and pieces along the way.

Well shoot, how am I supposed to combo out with my opponent's deck if I can't force them to draw cards?

>Is there any easy way to get around it besides counterspells?

not really. I used rootborn defenses liberally during the time Supreme Verdict was standard legal, but Languish is a bitch to get around. My best bet is to slow-roll your threats, and prioritize creatures with 5+ toughness

Confirmed, they only do it a few at a time. Here's the forum thread where they are deciding on which cards to add in the next update: slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=20154&sid=34fed1d6144361e114d9dfedb213f051

>Pirate EDH
>anthem isn't youtu.be/GXoZsgNHquM or any other Alestorm song

I run Meloku in the Deck, for sure. His combo potential is amazing, but other than some of the Moonfolk and a few utility wizards my decks is pretty light on creatures.

I like running Patron as the a commander because you need a reliable way to put your lands back out with the bouncing you do with the other cards. You can flash him in too, which is nice.

>implying I'd let them stop me.
I'm not as control heavy as I could be for mono blue, that's true, but I usually save a counter or some kind of protection for when I go in for the kill. Furthermore, it's all about timing.

There are a lot of very aggressive decks in my meta, while this deck goes from very passive to explosive. Much of the time most of the table HAS to expend their resources holding back the very aggressive decks who would win more quickly. I benefit from this by holding back my big plays until Izzet storm or Black reanimator or whoever blew their wad too soon and got shut down by the rest of the table who is now low on gas. But that's just simple multiplayer magic pacing. Those kind of rules hold true for any deck. But that's just kind of the style I lean towards. Try to keep at least one good answer in hand at all times, never look threatening until it's too late for them to do anything about it.

Lifeforce, Order of the Sacred Torch, Thrull Wizard, Mana Tithe, Thrull Wizard to counter the spell itself.

Otherwise play anthems, anthems errywhere and mass +1/+1 counter cards like Archangel of Thune, most of the Ajani, Avenger of Zendikar, Cathar's Crusade, Gleam of Battle, Collective Effort, Decree of Savagery, etc.

Woops, listed Thrull Wizard twice, ignore that.

List?

Just play counterspells.
Pic related saved me the other day when the chaos player tried to kill the table using hivemind and a Pact. I countered the pact he forced me to cast and went on with things.

I always like running off color counterspells or off color effects. No one really expects it. But it's so satisfying to see the look in their face when they think they're good to go "Only the mono white or mono red player has any mana open. I can't be stopped."

Then watch the look on their face as you cast Lapse of Certainty or flash in a Null Brooch.

Also try this gem if you're in green or Seleysnia. Combo with Eight-and-a-half Tails for Seleysnia hard control.

Wouldn't everyone else have gotten a Lapse of Certainty though? Which would have probably gotten your Lapse countered?

How do your playgroups do proxies? Mine allows people to use a few proxies but I feel like that is opening up the table for someone to start to proxy stuff just because they can and not really care about ever getting the cards.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-man-the-myth-the-legend-1/

i was too lazy to list everything but all the basic island have storms or beaches on them and all the swamps look...swampy
all the mana rocks are foil(fucking needlessly expensive) except sol ring(hunting for a masterpeice) and i dont have a foil star compass
theres like 20

>twin
>competitive
>implying that sorcery speed infinite that relies on fucking combat damage is competitive
Also,
>there exist faggots that think that Grenzo Doomsday that rely on Kiki+Conscipts combo pile is competitive
>implying combat can be competitive in E, D and H

I don't care for them, but my group is ok with them as long as people don't get too crazy so I don't make a fuss.

Mass pumps.

I don't have a list lying around at the moment.

I run 38 lands, 30 Islands. The rest are some utility you can season to taste.

A good amount of the Moonfolk, but not all of them. Meloku as mentioned. Floodbringer. The manaleak guy, the untap lands one, the shroud one, I can't remember what else. A few other wizards like Azami, Arcanis, Trinket Mage, and Vedalken Aethermage.

Some mana rock ramp. Some landfall guys like Windrider Eel and Wave Wing Elemental and Guardian of Tazeem. Also Retreat to Coralhelm. Huge combo potential or control piece against creature decks.

Some other land bouncing spells like Gush and Thwart. Usual suite of blue counter magic, draw spells, and some bounces for spot removal. A few useful clone effects.

Amulet of Vigor is a must-have for the deck, too. If you can stick sunder that's a game ender . You can combo off with infinite tokens, life gain, mana, and capsize boards. Land fall trigger to smack people with Adventuring Gear or BIG FISH.

Fucking kill yourself.

No Piracy?
I mean, it's not too impressive of a card, sure.
But it's useful for stopping other people from interfering with your plays for a turn.
Cast it Main Phase 1 to force them to either tap out in response or lose their mana to you, then wait until your Main Phase 2 (to empty the mana pools of anyone that did tap out in response) to cast your own stuff and use their lands (since Piracy is until end of turn).

Competitive is literally all combo.

I listed the viable combo decks that are Tier 0-1 earlier in that reply chain. However the decks you listed are in fact trash.

Yeah, I run patron as part of the combo in the meloku deck, and he comes in with the mass polymorph. It's a fairly creature light deck, to the point that having meloku and 3 tokens is fairly likely to get a strong combo or outright win the game when I polymorph.

> competitive EDH

Yeah. You're right. Looks like our Chaos player was a dummy and didn't know his own cards. He thought, and said, that hive mind only forced the table to copy spells he was casting.

That game was such a cluster, though, with all the chaos effects he had played I can't really remember WHAT the board state was like.

Had the table all copied Lapse like Hive Mind actually reads, each player would have (presumably) targeted their own copy of Pact while the Chaos player would have used his to counter one other player's Lapse so they would still die during their upkeep to the pact trigger. So instead of being a table kill, it would have been a single player kill on the Chaos player's part. Me or one of the other 2 players.

At any rate, I still find Lapse to be a really useful card.

i had it in the deck but 99% of the time it was dead
and noone bothers to disrupt me anyways most of the cards are terrible
listening to alestorm inspired me to make the deck but i thought maritime folk music was more fitting

youtu.be/Ahfb7M7jYvA

Combos that rely on the combat step can definitely be competitive. But traditional aggro can't.

youtu.be/66QcIlblI1U

youtu.be/aqm-S9J1s_k

Twin is a competitive combo and having to deal combat damage is irrelevant because it's infinite hasty and sometimes even flying dudes. The problem with having to deal combat damage normally is when you're dealing with non-infinite non-haste creatures.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

it should be this

youtube.com/watch?v=7iqxzURgQWg

got a list?

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll try some of that. Didn't realize off-color counterspells could be somewhat viable either.

youtu.be/nL9UGq63sJw

hearty kek

>At any rate, I still find Lapse to be a really useful card.
Oh definitely. I try to slot it into every white deck I make that doesn't have blue.

Fresh Meat, it works with tokens

>true man's world
youtu.be/N9JN4aqMduo

Softlock with stax effects, then drop Ichor Rats or Armageddon Clock and watch the clock tick.
youtube.com/watch?v=v54cX5rC8Pg

But what if someone fogs? You automatically lose.

I like that song more fore crazy Avacyn. Orphan of Kos sounds more hopeless and like the Orphan Emrakul is really unhappy about her current situation on Innistrad.

I didn't make the list but it suits my needs.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-beginning-of-the-end-2/

Always and forever.

No, you just don't win that turn. What if someone disenchants your artifact based combo?

Every combo has an axis of interaction by which it can be disrupted.

Good thing competitive players don't play fog generally speaking barring niche cases like spike weaver. RUG is the most common color combination that I've seen play twin combos which is fully capable of dealing with both spell-based fogs as well as stuff like spike weaver and spore frog.

I actually really consider playing mana tithe but I think it'd be better if your meta is more tuned and people are doing powerful things from beginning to end rather than the typical picture people pain of commander where people are just ramping or doing nothing in the first 4 turns/

Why the fuck did you reply to me? I told you Twin is trash in commander.

The actual worry here is that in competitive you'll be against three people with Pact/Force/Swords/Path in hand and no way of getting through that.

If i want to play commander but can't play the physical game, should i build a Magic Online commander deck? Or does no one play that format online?