Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Avowed Edition: What do you like/dislike about the Avowed?
Is Undead Pact attunement getting nerfed?

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
1d4chan.org/wiki/Epic6
d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits/bred-for-war/
d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/trench-navigator-xidao/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the best first date for dating Shelyn?

Reposting.
There any particularly helpful guides/resources out there for GM's? I'm going to run for some friends without real Player experience on my part- We're all new, so it's like the blind leading the blind.

Don't. Just give up. It's not like your efforts will get you anywhere. You're just wasting time and energy.

>Promises of power
>Shit getting nerfed left and right
How terribly appropriate!

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Under the table fingerbang while you're pretending to talk about art.

Let's not pretend it was not overtuned.

I still think it's absurd that CHA to hit/damage got removed in large part to balance for the existence of a Bloodforge feat not even by the same company.

Avowed should have kept its one class-specific SAD ability, rather than continue to supply a feat/trait combo that allows half the casters in the game to dump their constitution.

The fact that my Aether Channeled spork now hits as hard as my Aether Channeled greatsword is fucking stupid user

So folks

I'm gonna make a chart of "random human appearances" for shapeshifters, purely for shits and giggles. Any suggestions? I know I'm at least going to need: sex, age category, skin color, physical build, hair color, eye color, and "distinguishing features" (i.e scars, birthmarks, etc.) but after that I kind of draw a blank. Should I just go with what I have or figure out something else?

At what lvl should one consider a career in dragon-hunting?

Reposting as well. Help me Veeky Forums you're my only hope. How do I optimize this /pfg/? A kitsune who's fox-form morphs into a chimeric monster. Been looking through SoP Shapeshifter's HB and I'm thinking large, draconic/demonic skin, spines, breath weapon, 2-heads etc. whatever. How can I build this? Should I go straight Shifter? Gish? Gestalt? Open to 3pp

And now to shill my E6/P6 Noiralog game again! Chargen/timeslot stuff is in the forum post on the lfg:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title

Beastmorph alchemist

Would you recommend any online character creator?

What is E6?

Everything about Aether Channel feels like a bad fucking joke

>The extra damage is too high
>lets remove the thing that ISN'T bonus damage
>oh no it's still too high
>let's now make it UTTERLY POINTLESS until the 3rd buy
>all the while the wording is still fucked for unarmed

What a wild fucking ride this is, I wonder what'll get gutted next.

>it's in the mirror universe
Well, now. Mind telling us more?

Go with what you have. There's not much else to add, honestly. Unless you wanna add anal circumference and penos length/girth stats.

>1 benefit point for warder maneuver progression AND ALL DISCIPLINES

Laffo.

E6 is a different set of rules where Level 6 is the max level. Instead of levelling up from there, you just get new feats every X XP. It helps evading the jank of high level play while keeping much of the iconic magic and martial strength.

I mean, you're a shapeshifter. You can determine what you look like, I'm pretty sure you can make your dong as long as you want it to be. I'll use those as a basis and if I think of anything else I'll add to it.

Could someone explain the Path of War Expanded trait "Practiced Initiator" to me.

What's its point? Why would you pick it?

Sounds like a waste of time

1d4chan.org/wiki/Epic6

I only said SoM and SoP were in use. The Initiator/PoW stuff isn't in use. The PoW stuff in the minor gestalt thing is merely so other DMs can use it, and like I said, the minor gestalt thing is a massive WIP.

So you don't lose scaling progression when you decide to take a two level fighter dip for dem bonus feets.

When was the last time your character had to race against the clock, /pfg/?

Thanks, user. I'm looking to pick up more than four beast traits. Got to be a better way.

I guess if you were multiclassing and you only wanted to put in X levels but you wanted an ability that requires you to have X+2 initiator levels

Last session
We hit the self destruct button on a fortress and had to leg it as it came down on us

I think it's a good thing to gain access to in principle but way too easy.

It should cost more, not give all disciplines, not be available to take with certain classes (High Practitioners, optimized barbarians, etc), and potentially not be allowed to stack with SoM progression in general.

Consider Initiator levels to be Caster levels. Now, Imagine that you want to play Warder 1/Fighter 2 for bonus feats, as an example.

With Practiced Initiator, having selected Warder as your Practiced Initiator class, you would be considering a 3rd level Initiator despite only having 1 level of Warden.

It means you can dip at most /four/ levels out of your initiator class without losing Initiator Level or highest maneuver level known progression when you continue back.

It's very good.

That's dishonest. It should be an under table fingerbang while sincerely talking about art.

Could just huck it into Major Benefits in this form. Think that'd be better for it?

So, how does the unchained rogue works? Is it just an update of the old Rogue or a new class? Can a vanilla rogue be updated as a unchained rogue?

So for the low low price of 2 maneuvers known and 1 trait, you can take a 4 level dip out of archetyped initiator classes like polymath. Thats actually pretty damn good for prc dips like master chymist.

t's pretty much a straight upgrade of the old rogue to be more relevant in modern pathfinder.

The Unchained Rogue is the simplest of the Unchained classes, because all it does is add a few extra lines of text to the chassis; you get Weapon Finesse for free at 1st, and then at 3rd level and a couple of other levels, you get to choose one weapon to get Dex-to-Damage on. At 4th level you can use Sneak Attack to cripple people, and at 5th and every 5 levels afterwards you get to select a skill and be VERY good at it, like "Intimidate allows you to multi-turn Frighten targets" good.
Any Rogue can be updated to an Unchained Rogue, and any Rogue archetype can be applied to Unchained Rogue.

What's the recommended HP/per lvl? When levelling up, do you take the extra skill, or more hp?

Can say that at least for 3.5 it works as intended and actually provides a nice experience.

Here's a fucking suggestion for the schmucks working on Avowed: if you're going to move away from Self being the "punchdude" pact anyway, let it pick something other than IUS and punching. Let it start at level 1 with one of the Heart of X feats, or literally anything else since its fucking Bonus Shapes aren't even meant for unarmed in the first place.

Flavor of the Month Avowedfags BTFO

Thanks, 2hu. You've finally repelled the right kind of people for once.

>Sword of Smiles
>sentient weapon with a crossguard that looks like a grinning mouth and two little gems near the base of the blade, looking like eyes
>its one and only goal is to make people happy and smiley
Is this too dumb to insert into a game? I mean the wielder would be a sullen bitch, obviously, but is it also just too dull a concept?

depends on your role
front or back?

Sounds cute

Switch-hitter slayer.

I would say enough to survive the save or take huge damage spells like finger of death, disintegrate and wail of the banshee.

I would put min 14 to con, level bonus to hp and maybe get toughness too.
That should be enough.
That is like ... 8 hp per level on average?

As a spell-like ability, which is more vital, in your opinion.

Detect Magic or Detect Poison?

Run a shitty low-level dungeon-crawl module, trust me. It's much easier to start that way.

If you want the one I did for my first, this was it. It's a dungeon-crawl, but still makes sure to test for stuff like social skills, and Knowledge and Survival skill investment, which is quality enough for me. Just don't let the party use the fucking sample characters at the back. All except the cleric are built to be fucking useless, especially the wizard.

Detect magic because it detects a million things while poison is very rarely used.

Magic by far. The majority of poison you ever encounter is going to be on some monster's fangs anyway.

>implying 2hu is the cause of any of the butthurt

user, 2hu's builds were all almost basically pure dex and focused on "how much damage can I do"

Which Dragongame PC is the best at traditional games?

wait slayers are d10 not d4 im retarded
average of about 10 hp per level or sum

Thanks. I was having trouble deciding which one to pick.

>induring the GM makes it a political intrigue game where poisons are used in food and drinks regularly.

... how is its wording fucked for unarmed?

Doesn't their punching work fine with channel anyway?

What do you need to survive these spells?

>tfw the longest part of making a new char is picking a second trait that actually fits.
I don't know how people take three traits. I struggle to find two...

easy
people just pick some easy +1 to save or init one and call it the day

Does any bother with backstory/roleplay when it comes to picking traits or people only care about mechanics?

Ice or Fire for this character's elemental focus, lads.

depends on the person
there is also the magical word of
refluff

Ice.

So you can say you "deal in Strict and Cold Pain."

The mechanics' job is to describe your character and what they do.

LIGHTNING

It is possibly because I am either retarded, or the rules themselves aren't consistent at all. I also forgot that they removed "functions as greater magic weapon" from Aether Channel, which WOULD have fucked it up even more.

>GMW says that it can only enhance the unarmed strikes of a monk, because otherwise unarmed strikes count as natural weapons
>the unarmed strike weapon page says they're NOT natural weapons, and always count as light weapons
>monks specifically say they count as manufactured and natural for stuff, which implies they are not normally both

christ I hate this system

What traits should a character belonging to a "Varangian guard" (praetorian bodyguards of the Byzantine Empire coming from foreign lands Rus, Vikings etc) have? No loyalties with the local nobility, and thus unlikely to be involved in a palace coup. They are easier to purge if they become a problem.

Ice, so you can wear a big fluffy coat everywhere you go.

Okay yeah that makes sense. So they punch fine enough I guess?

Self Pact punches "okay" assuming shit works, but it's still sliding so far back from "Not!Monk" it's starting to make me wonder why they're bothering.

d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits/bred-for-war/
d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/trench-navigator-xidao/

To Miklagard, my son!

I mean, isn't the point of the changes to the punching so that you can mix punching and weapons without gimping yourself, and then still go and get TWF for fists if you want it and get even more normal punches to go with the special ones?

Any reason not to take a Pathfinder's Kit?

If you're "optimizing" then you probably have 7 Strength and it weighs 22 pounds

>have a character I like, build and personality are pretty much decided on
>have no ideas for an interesting backstory

Do you want help, user?

What game?

I'd love to do this.

But the presence of such traits as Reactive and other overblown shit that gives you access to highly popular skills, or which might open up entire BRANCHES of character options(armor expert, anyone?) means that you're losing the optimization arms race if you don't do this, and may be left in the dust.

I just picked the ones that implied my character was attractive.

Eagle, bruh. Open a discord or an IRC.

The Ulfen Guard are a thing! A thing!

Okay lads, this is getting spicy because I already had a Lightning idea before this Ice one hit me.

Which meme combination sounds better for Dragons 2, The Nameless King and Ornstein or Eredin and Dancer of the Boreal Valley.

Boreal Valley.

I always vote for ass. So Dancer.

Dragons 2, I'm trying to put together a greedy entrepreneurial qt dragon girl.

Are there any safe pics for Dragons2 other than Aisha "I want to be a hero just like my elven light novels!" Enkidu and Aurora "Power is Maximum Chest is Minimum"?

>mfw even more dragon2 applicants

I know I'm not getting picked for sure. I wonder why I even bothered.

>Avowed
I love the theme, the callbacks to the old Warlock, the fact that the devs are listening to us about things as they build it, the all-day abilities and different kinds of Pacts.
I especially love the archetypes, Tinker and Betrothed both hit my buttons and I think they can mix! while the teased dungeon lord archetype has me all hot and bothered.

I dislike the current large focus on the optimization ceiling, the slightly confusing manner in which some of the shapes are presented, and that there isn't more awesome artwork within the book.

I am particularly thankful for the fact that I'm playing a Fae Pact Betrothed in a game right now with another player acting as the Betrothed Companion, and the in character interaction has been some of the best and most amusing I've ever had in a game.

I guess Rory's pic (the Ulfen Rory, not the trap) pic is pretty tame? Same with Lythinex, Ivelia, Forte, Philo and Kabouite.

>and I think they can mix

Sorry user I don't think they can since they both alter pact progression without specific wording saying they're still compatible despite altering the same feature
Considering Forrest specially put all that wording into the PoWE archetypes and a lot of their stuff, I'd say the absence of it here rules out the stacking

He meant "safe picks."

As in the people we think are getting in for sure.

>Picks
>pics

Well okay then.

That was a typo, meant picks not pics

I feel what's happened is that Forrest being from DSP on some level wanted something that could compete with Path of War at first, but now they've stepped back and thought "wait I don't want that, I instead want it to be the same level as magus and inquisitor and bard and alchemist, where Path of War /should/ have been."

Sure, but at this point you might a well present the option to NOT do so considering how much kneecapping that route has to it.