/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 20 (1d26)

Auramite Cogitator Solid edition
Pointless 40k REEEE-fests subedition

IWs are worse at inventing than TSons, Legion baneblades do sometimes appear in books, a SW player is giving his marines the knot, user posted rules for his OC, and the real reason that there are suddenly a lot more TSons than in old fluff is that most are tourists wearing gift shop power armour. >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10558764
bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/File:Andrew_Ryan_-_The_Great_Chain.ogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think it's actually more Thousand Witches now.
But strawpoll.me/10558764 is tainted by Alpha sabotage.
Wasn't there a NEW poll?

First for Sekhmet spam

Second for Sehkmet spam

Fuck, was pressing "post" away from making a new thread. Well, like always, all my hard work was for nothing.

>First comment in the thread calls you the witches you are
Kek, fuck those witches.

Been there more times than I'd like to admit.
Which breadbaker are you?
And mind still sharing your version of the summary, please? I've got (You)s ;^)

For the record, if someone is going to do a summary he should call it first, to avoid confusions.

In the end, I will be there. For the final battle. For dinner time.

>Which breadbaker are you?

I dunno, I just make 'em when nobody else does.

Red is copyrighted by Khorne. Tzeentch decided it would be easier to just change his dude's armor color scheme to his own rather than fill out the paperwork.

Where's the link for Inferno RAWs?
I wasn't around for the last few days.

What do 30k graviton imploders look like? This one is a conversion beamer.

Check the archive/4plebs?

why do we have two threads again

I think it's this thing.

I agree with the others - other than the """suboptimal""" loadout, there's really very little way to tell that's a chaplain - give that bitch a skullhelm, bitches love skullhelms

I haven't actually written any background for this guy yet or even made up a name so he might not end up being a chaplain. I just wanted to make an angry terminator with a mace.

Whaaat, it's too barrely. Can that even fit a Myrmidon's arm?
>Sponson mounted yet has effectively less firing arc than the hull-mounted weapon
REEEEEEEEEEE fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love this facial expression. Do it all the time.

The chain of heresy is what will truly bind this galaxy together as one.

Nope, can't really fit, build your own. I'd personally use Kataphron Heavy Cannon, although SM grav-cannons may be good enough sans eagles. The sponsons thing is odd, but it does mean you can drop both Irrad Engines onto one squad, for when you REALLY need that 20-man Tac blob gone.

Magnus: I'm already a daemon. The Imperium's not my kind of place, anyway.

>I believe in no Omnissiah, no fleshy avatar of the Machine God in Terra. But there is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction. The chain is too powerful and too mysterious for any "Emperor" to guide. Any man who tells you different either has his hand in your pocket, or a bolter to your neck.
bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/File:Andrew_Ryan_-_The_Great_Chain.ogg

>build your own
Do you think people will cry "Heretek!" if I put the sponsons at the sides of the Macrocarid, like the Machine God wills?

Why is Death Guard sworn brothers to Night Lords?

Just looked at his rules. Damn, that's a lot of specific army buffs that add up to a surprisingly non-focused character. Would probably be better with a regular 4++, though, even if the Repulsor is a sight better against D weapons and similar. If he had EW and was otherwise unchanged I would run him for sure, but he looks too pricy and flimsy to work in normal games. Would be a hell of a Warmaster in Apoc, though, where armies are versatile enough to benefit from all those and he can NOPE that big pile of Slay the Warmaster points. I think I'll make the model interchangable, have his Maxim bolter interchangeable for a Chainfist arm for my usual Archimandrite build.

Probably not, but IMO having them on the front is probably superior when Torrent lets you reach six miles in any direction. Macrocarid with a Flare is very much a linebreaker tank, like a Spartan version of the Land Raider Redeemer. You drive up, disembark the Myrmidons, pick two units within 18" and tear them to bloody shreds at will. Also, hot damn that model is sexy.

>implying we won't see it in every TS army list
Plus the point is that it's a lot more than 100 bullets or even 100 magazines to outfit a hundred veteran tactical marines's bolters and bolt pistols with them. And there are more than 100 veteran tactical marines in the Thousand Sons, even before we account for the termies and rotor cannons. That means there will be a LOT of super-special super-rare bullets being made.
Logically, if 10% of the legion can be armed with these things, then around 10% of their ammunition production is going to be made up of these things, if what will happen on the tabletop reflects the fluff in any reasonable way. These things are probably more numerous in the 10,000 strong legion than mundane Seeker rounds are in the 100,000 strong legions!

I seriously don't know. For the record, considering how it's NL who are Sworn to them but the opposite isn't true, I think they simply admire their edgyness in using all manner of people-melting munitions, but the DG don't return that kindness and think them too deranged and soooo not Horus to like them as much.

That's why NL can Outflank their DG allies, but DG can't Infiltrate their NL allies.

>I am Horus Lupercal, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is an Adeptus Astartes not entitled to the sweat of his brow? "No,", says the Emperor, "it belongs to me." "No," says Lorgar, "it belongs to the Gods." "No" says the Fabricator-General "it belongs to the Omnissiah." I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... heresy. A galaxy where the remembrancer would not fear the censor; where the apothecary would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, heresy can become your galaxy as well.

If Mort and Curze were cool with each other, then I guess it makes sense for their Legions to get along.

>NL can outflank their DG allies, but DG can't infiltrate their NL allies

I mean, any character with scout will let a squad outflank, but the whole squad needs infiltrate in order to infiltrate.

Morty and Curze were bros.

Also both legions are likely nihilists and have a dark sense of humor

But Horus hated remembrancers

He could indeed use a 2+ or an actual invuln better, but at least he denies Slay the Warlord on a fucking 3+.
And he's the only way to bring an ArchDominus and a Djinn-skein.
>T5 6W is too flimsy
It all started with Sigismund and those fucking Salamander Praetors.
Either EW was a mistake or not also giving it to Kharn, Abaddon, Sevatar and as a buyable option to Mechanicum was.
And I'm inclined to the former.
>When everyone is an Eternal Warrior...no one will be.

He only hated nosy ones; he left one alive to record all his conquests before sending him to Dorn

Thank you.
Change it to
>where the Magos would not fear the Malagra
and it'll be cool

Since the other thread isn't as popular, I'll ask here.

How common were MKIV assault Marines for night lords? Night Raptors use MKV armor, but given the fluff about them, they seem like they came along later.

I ask because I'm debating getting a 20man squad of assmarines, which are the MKIV. Personally, I think NL look best in MKIV armor, but I like the dual turbine look of II and V better.

SKULL
H
E
L
M
E
T

>I think NL look best in MKIV armor, but I like the dual turbine look of II and V better.
Then use both. "Because I like it", that's all the reason you need

Mark IV is what the main patterns of Mark V were based on, sure go for it.

You see that in the vid-captures? That's an archaeotech pistol - don't bother trying to dampen the recoil. You do that with a volkite serpenta. We Thousand Sons are now a force to be reckoned with. We've got the galaxy's attention. We're not some penal battalion, so don't act like one! You will learn how a real warrior fights. You will forget everything the past has taught you. And if I catch you doing something else, you'll know it... Ritual scrimshawing gives you no tactical advantage whatsoever... But that was some fancy shooting... pretty good.

Horus and heresy, heresy and Horus... All those years of study, and was I ever truly an apothecary before I met them? How we plinked away with our nartheciums and toy morality. Yes, we could augment a man here, and plug another to a dreadnought, but... but could we really change anything? No. But heresy gives us the means to do it. And Horus frees us from the phony ethics that held us back. Change your Toughness, change your Strenght, change your FnP. It's yours to change, nobody else's.

>Mark IV is what the main patterns of Mark V were based on

?

Only thing really MkIV about the V is that it uses solid plate armour instead of segmented like MkII and III. Just about everything else uses older mark technology.

Do we really have to have this every thread? Nobody was replying to you last thread, which should have been a hint.

Got those stats the wrong way round, there. It's not that he's exactly flimsy, it's that any pleb with a Paragon Blade can kill him and any other Magos save Scoria and Decima with one 6 To Wound, no saves allowed in his case. personally, I'd prefer a nerf to ID, where it does D3 or D3+1 wounds. That way it won't be oneshotting Archmagi and expensive Praetors nearly as much, without needing to stick Eternal Warrior on everyone worth more than 65 points.

The denying StW is nice, but you still lose a fuckton of buffs for almost no effort on your opponent's part, he can't fight for shit.

The problem is getting MKV packs, unless I go chinaman.

I think I'll give it a shot, then. It'll also make my Raptors decidedly different if I ever decide to use them. They're just so points heavy, though.

>The problem is getting MKV packs, unless I go chinaman.

Biggest problem are the legs. Just about everything else can be gotten from plastic bits, depending how autistic you want to get with adhering to FW designs specifically. MkVII legs with cables and rivets have worked as MkV legs forever. Hell, if you really want to trigger people, in the old fluff MkIV armour materials and cabled were used when available, meaning on external cabling on limbs nor need for extra plating riveted on. MkIV helmets were also used at time. So your MkV could just be a MkVII with X-cable torso, rimless pads and a MkIV helmet.

Citation needed.

The point anyway is that Mark IV can be easily converted to look like the "Mark V" style.

>in the old fluff
Where's the "new fluff"?

If he had a Magos version of the 40k Kastellanbot invuln (4++ repulsion on 6's) it'd be nice.
And before anyone says that'd be OP, remember Scoria is T6 W5 too but also has 2+/3++ EW, IWND, FnP and the fucking Vhodian Scepter, WS5 I-fucking-5 and five ranged weapons on top of that.

Srsly, 30k is fucking 40k now.

Where's this from?

The Warp changed everything. It destroyed our bodies, our minds. We couldn't handle it. Best friends butchering one another, babies strangled in cribs. The whole planet went to hell.

White Dwarf 129, Space Marine Armour.

>Where's the "new fluff"?

First custodian painted!

Yeah, that seems nicer. Make it work in CC, too, since that means he at least has a slight chance to tank a Paragon Blade hit rather than "Rolls two dice" - Dead. Scoria is pretty much the single combat version of him, with way less buffs, but because Satarael doesn't actually focus his buffs on anything in particular he's rather useless. Scoria is too against a competent opponent, but at least he doesn't have to die like a bitch before his benefit only occurs 66% of the time.

Congrats golden boy, looks nice.
Now fix that base.

>He's walking in this offworld mud that has reflective properties, so wherever he steps it looks as if the mud was gold

dont worry thats the next step!

So it's the Mark IV design with gaps filled in with Mark 2 and 3 components where Mark IV components aren't available. Not Mark 2 re-skinned, not "everything Mark II except the armour plates".
Trying to say otherwise is stretching the semantics and/or misinterpreting the statement that "the mark 5 used as many pre-Mark 4 components as possible" to mean "designers went out of their way to shove as much obsolete technology into the design that did not fit it", rather than "the designers used as much pre-existing technology as they could rather than waste time designing new sub-par components for temporary use and building entirely new production lines on Forge Worlds to make this armour that they don't intend to use for longer than they need to".

Do you have a better pic of this? It's illegible in parts.

Anyway the bottom corner literally says "incorporated what Mark IV advancements could be salvaged while falling back on the more readily available and familiar materials and components of Mark II and III".

Something like that. Idea being that the MkIV was still new and not a lot of facilities were capable of making them or had the resources for it. So you use what's available and what most facilities are familiar with, and mix it with all the stuff from MkIV you can use, like the solid plate design.

>Do you have a better pic of this?

Nope, it's the best I've been able to find. People with the 7e Limited Edition SM codex have not scanned the cards and posted them online.

Gold looks neat, you gonna paint the gems?

Which primarch is most like a sloth?

Perty

Dorn.

Laziest motherfucker ever.

Spent entire heresy sitting on his ass on Terra

>likes being high up
>long curved claws
>doesn't achieve shit
Corax.

Dorn is a beaver.

Well, can't argue with that

yeah not sure what color though

Blue is the most common, purple could work too I guess.

also green.

no power effect on the guardian spearhead? not a criticism but custodes can be a little flat. How did you do the gold, agrax over retributor?

>spends most of the time sleeping like it's dead.
>Vulkan, is that you

Let say one wants to make a Siege of Terra era army with a few MkVII suits in the mix. Just to have a taste of 30k era MkVII. Naturally MkVII legs, arms, pads and torsos with aquilas on them are part of the deal. But what helmet design is the most iconic MkVII (excluding any decorations, etc.)?

The top middle one is my favourite for "generic" Mark VII.
I like seeing all the variety they have.

>8/10 astartes approve

The other two must be beakies hearing the voices in their bolters.

What do we know about the DAngels Dreadwing?
Just lots of Destroyers, Rad and Phosphex weapons or is there more to them?
Hoping for more Wings in Anegelus in general but I'm mostly interested in the Dreadwing. Dark Angels aesthetic combined with WMD just sounds lovely.

I think they had more weird & funky tech than just rad and phosphex. But still very, very destructive, and likely to leave the area a mess afterwards.

Dreadwing Protocol
Effects
Scour and Cleanse: A detachment using this Rite of War must take Legion Destroyer Squads as their compulsory Troops choices, and may take Legion Destroyer Squads as additional Troops choices.
Mechanised Assault: Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport, any that exceeds the transport capacity to do so may take a Spartan Assault Tank.
We have come, we are Death: When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they get +1 attack.
The Green Fire: Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take a Phosphex Bomb for 10pts
In Their Element: Moritats lose the Lone Killer special rule
Restrictions
With the exception of the Moritat and Siege Breaker types, only a single Consul may be taken as an HQ
One Heavy Support slot is compulsory, and must be filled by a unit with the Tank type
Only one fast attack slot allowed
No unit in the Dreadwing is Scoring
No Allies or Fortifications

If destroyers weren't shit that could be pretty awesome

Not my fault, plus, if destroyers are so bad that you're not interested in taking them, why would you want to play destroyer wing anyway?

None of them are Scoring? How would they deal with objective games, then? Seems like you're starting with a pre-crippled Primarch's Chosen, there.

It's not that they are shit, It's just everything they do is done by something else for cheaper and more efficiently......

Okay they are kind of shit.

The only army I have come up with that can use them in some form other than Affirmative Action squads is only good vs unarmed civilians and buildings.

Because the concept of Destroyers is cool. They are scorched earth skirmish troops. But in execution, they are bad at both Skirmish and scorched earth roles.

I think the "Cheap" and "Poor" configurations of the GW*tm Tactical Space Marine 40.000 Boxset Helmets best suit your needs. I think that their 'Betrayal at Macrage' GW*tm Tactical Space Marine 40.000 Boxset (30.000 with vertical slotted faces Edition) works best with that you're on about.

It's totally fine dood. If you want us to validate your poor choices, you need to realize that you don't need that validation. Just strip your 40k Space Marine army and paint it red, put in 3 mono-pose Contemptors and I think you have what you're looking for.

>How would they deal with objective games, then?
If the enemy is dead and his world is ashes, what's left to score? Kind of like those Surlak lists do.

>Because the concept of Destroyers is cool.
Well, there you are, now you can take two squads of them without bothering with Tacs, Assaults or Breachers.

>army of S5 WS3 I3 T3 inductii vs army of destroyers where neither can score
I'd watch that.

That's a lot of elitism from someone that doesn't know how to do this™.

>How would they deal with objective games, then?
Take a scoring LoW.

I wish they had some kind of special boltweapon. Going to war, and most precisely to scorched earth missions armed with only a pair of bolt pistols is dumb in the extreme.
I'm also looking at you, Moritats.

Old marine models seem to have helmets similar to the second helmets.

Better than a bolt pistol and a fucking chainsword.

Inductii are S6 with Rage, and their RoWs either give them Hatred or FnP5+. FnP4+ if they're with an apothecary.
So they still have a save against rad missiles and they're angry enough that their punches hurt more than a marine with rad grenades.
In fact they hit harder than a fucking Heavy bolter, denying FnP rolls and armour saves for mortals, who are simply bisected without a say.

Somehow DG flamer support squads with close combat weapons, rad grenades and chem-ammo feel more like Destroyers than actual Destroyers.

It's not an issue of Elitism. It's that the question already is begging the answer.

A "Siege of Terra Era Army"..... with MkVII....

So, the question doesn't say what Legion the one who is asking loves. Doesn't imply he has a thing for a particular Primarch. Doesn't say which figure, faction or aspect of the fluff he is rooting for or attached to.

It is a blatant, crumby, pig-faced attempt to try and get people to say "Nah nah nah~ It's fine~!!! Use your 40k army against me after being striped and repainted." Or worse, that the person asking the question has enough money to start a new army, but isn't willing to save a little more to get proper Heresy Era marks of armor.

Real talk. There is ONE legion you can do. Imperial fists. All the rest have little-to-no access to MkVII. NO OTHER LEGION should have MkVII is ANY kind of numbers. NO traitor legion should have ANY.

All the loyalist legions on Terra look better in MkVI and earlier. Only Scars should have extensive 'MkV'.

That person needs to get out of his ass, stop hiding, and ask real questions, such as:

"Would people mind if I turned up with a fully plastic 40k army I had organised into AoD charts?"

Read angels of Caliban.
It's got a lot of dreadwing in it

Killing mortals is easy enough, but Destroyers aren't tasked with killing mere mortals
>Destroyer legionnaire, your job is to destroy that xeno abomination so deadly we've given you clearance to use a plethora of forbidden weapons
>Unless you're a sergeant or the designated specialist weapons operator, "plethora" means lots of rad grenades even the guy who fixes rhinos has
>Rad grenades only work in melee, though, so we've saved you the trouble and confiscated your bolter. You'll be issued yet another bolt pistol.
>"So I must kill the horrible xenos with a pistol and a knife?"
>And rad grenades
>"Yeah those too. But I gotta do it in melee?"
>Yes.
>"...can I at least have my bolter back?"
>No.

>Somehow
No, THAT's how.
Grave Wardens are the true destroyers, and they don't need bullshit fleshbane missiles, just mere WW1 poison gas

And burn 720 pts doing it!