Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

>Maybe Duncan??
youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg&t [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (The clowns now identify as Ynnead-kin, watch your pronouns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/GamesWorkshopWNT/videos
youtu.be/qGwYxqKGcvY?t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for Voldus rules are shit and it fucking hurts...

Maybe the formation(s?) will be not as shit?

THERE ARE TWO 40K AND 30K THREADS
USE YOUR GODDAMN EYES BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD

What are his rules?

Why are the stupid sexy elf-clowns converting to Ynnead?

I can understand Adarki Aeldari converting since their regular life plan of 'try to avoid getting murdered whilst hiding out in Murdersville until one day you slip up and then it's eternal torment 4eva' isn't that good, so rolling the dice with having you soul eaten by a slightly more benign god would obviously be attractive.

But the killer-clowns?

Their god has been protecting them from Slaanesh for 10,000+ years, and now some of them are jumping ship to the hip new god on the block? Seems ungrateful.

Its all just as keikaku

>Why are the stupid sexy elf-clowns converting to Ynnead?

The same reason they helped Fabius Bile ass-rape half of Lugganoth - because they do whatever the fuck they want and don't owe you a goddamn thing.

>Dawn of War 1 had a good player base
>Dawn of War 2 had a good player base
>Relic: Oh hey I have an idea
>Let's make Dawn of War 3 into a moba

Relic deserves to go under

>Relic
user... didn't you hear?

I'm currently in the DoW 3 beta and its a pretty good game.

bump

So should the leftover guy in a four frag cannon deathwatch unit take a flamer or a Meltagun?

I'm also in the beta and so far I've not gotten a minute of fun out of it. I'll be the first to admit I'm no pro at RTS or multiplayer (Last Stand maybe being as serious as I get) but I can't get anywhere with it. All the games I've played have been decided after about 10 minutes but I can't surrender, I seem to lose any firefight I enter even with a large force, and in THE CURRENT FUCKING YEAR the mouse doesn't bind to my main monitor. What the hell am I doing wrong?

>I2

How do you get into it? I signed up on the site but I got nothing. Is it pure chance?

Maybe it's because you are playing beta?
As in, there are bugs, that you should be reporting, because you are there to literally serve that purpose?
Also have you tried different factions etc?

Random I guess

I've been trying Space Marines so far, and all the games I've had have been against Eldar. I will write up some feedback shortly; do we have a specific brief about what we're meant to be testing? I'm sure the email just said "You can play it for these weekends, please report on the forums"

Are you ready for the great squat?

of?

Which are better as an ally for DG CSM

>Mat Ward returns
>Guilliman gets Resurrection Protocols

Ultimate Ultracron fusion when?

>1d4fag's first day on Veeky Forums

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Did you enjoy your 1d4chan articles?

>Reposting from last thread

What would be the best way to represent a void warfare/drop infantry specialized regiment on the tabletop? Would it be better to go for the standard book and mix scions, veterans, and fliers together, or go for the Elysian/D-99 rules from Forgeworld?

24th for thiccsters

Is this a pro ultras paint job?

>What would be the best way to represent a void warfare/drop infantry specialized regiment on the tabletop?

Play space marines?

>tfw you have more Devastators than Assault Marines as Blood Angels
8th ed can't come soon enough.

Except Harlequins murdered the Emps Children that invaded Lugganath. I think you're confusing them with Rakarth and his pals.

>tfw a lot of the new GW has deliciously thicc female characters

>>>/1d4chan/

>Uses Blood Angels bits

It fails.

>Yvraine
>thicc
nigga...

>dat booty

Nth for Adarki Aeldari

u serbian?

B R E H

>art doesn't show toes

So close...

I've seen an 80% increase in wins with my Ork army after I switched from using mass Burna Boys for Melee only.

3 AP3 attacks at S4 is ridiculously good.

Posting the suicide tau again: commander leads breacher rush, strike team sits on objectives and piranha does its thing solo. Do you think I can pull a 50/50 rate with this?

fucking gook moot, heres the list

So my warmachine meta has died.

I used to play 40k a while back, like 4th and 5th edition, and still have some IG stuff I haven't sold off. Enough for an armored shield detachment. I'm wanting to get into space marines.

Here's what I'm thinking of right now. I've got a terminator librarian I was using as an inquisitor, so going to use that as an HQ for the moment. I'm taking advantage of the cheap AoBR space marine models available on ebay.

At 1000 points, I can field this:

Iron Hands tactics
HQ: Librarian, level 2 psyker, terminator armor, storm bolter

Troops:
Tac marine squad with grav cannon, grav gun, rhino
Tac marine squad with missile launcher, plasma, rhino

Heavy support:
Predator with autocannon and lascannon sponsons

Armored shield detachment
Leman russ with 3x heavy bolter, dozer blade
Guard squad with missile launcher, grenade launcher, chimera, commissar

Then at 1850 field this:

Iron hands tactics

HQ:
Terminator librarian with storm bolter, level 2 psyker, the mindforge stave

Techmarine with servo-harness and 1 servitor

Troops:
Tac marine squad with grav cannon, grav gun, rhino
Tac marine squad with multi-melta, plasma, rhino

Fast attack:
Razorback with TL lascannon (Carrying the techmarine)

Elites:
Terminator squad (5 terminators. Sergeant, 3 chainfist terminators, and 1 with power fist and heavy flamer)
Land Raider Redeemer with extra armor and multimelta
Librarian attached

Heavy support:
Predator with autocannon and lascannons

Stock dreadnought

Dreadnought with assault cannon

And the same armored shield formation minus the dozer blade

What would you do differently? I'm not sure what to expect from the local meta as it's been many years, but recently was at a local convention trying to drum up support for Warmachine and saw people bringing a ton of MCs and Lords of War for a tournament so might want to get more anti tank stuff.

>orks are a melee race
>only have two melee weapons

>From previous thread

I'm new to the hobby and the painting that comes with it. I bought a couple boxes of Dire Avengers, and attempted to paint my Exarch with less than stellar results. Any tips aside from the standard thin your paints, use good brushes, etc. Is doing what did a good idea? Applying a thin base to your model then going over it with whatever else you want? I tried to paint the mask on my Dire Avenger and we'll just say I'm not proud of it

What's the best use for Seer's Bane? It really doesn't seem too terribly great for 40 points. Am I missing something here?

Commander can't get in the Devilfish, so it might be tricky. I would say Darkstrider instead. The other Fire Warriors also might not be doing much. I'd say split them into separate 5 man teams so they can at least go for more objectives. Possibly go for Carbines if you want to really get in there.

You also really want the Guardian drone rather than a Gun drone on the Breachers. 5++ inch on for the full squad is much better than a couple extra carbine shots.

>tfw want the Ynnari Triumverate
>tfw too new to painting to chance fucking up those models

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Putting it on ExSorc with Disk and rolling on Biomancy or Ectomancy to get close combat monster.

On character with ld10, you will at worse be wounding on 4s, and usually on 3s and 2s, insta-killing everything that has T5 or lower. It's also AP2 on initiative Force Daemon Weapon.

youtube.com/user/GamesWorkshopWNT/videos

youtu.be/qGwYxqKGcvY?t=1s

Make sure you give it primer coat.
Then really do thin your paints.
Learn what a wash is.
And you'll be at table top standard easy.

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!

Guilliman x Yvraine OTP.

>reposting from other thread

This is the "combi-detachment" from fall of cadia. Any one know if were getting something similar in the new book?

>you will never put duncans nice, fine tip between your neat, thin lines

How exactly do you thin your paints? Filling your brush with water or just rubbing a big blob of it on paper until you have a thin streak on your brush?

A little water + matte medium.

Put paint on a pallet.
Take some water on your brush and mix it with the paint.

>Rise of the Primarch content summary says it contains rules for fielding the Triumvirate of the Imperium

It's not a big issue but they should at least check to not essentially list the wrong thing to be included.
Will burgers be able to sue them over not having rules for the Triumvirate of the Imperium inside but the Triumvirate of the Primarch instead?

Tell me all about...

The melee race

>Ghazghkull is a melee monster!
>I1

The sages tell us of a time long ago when melee was viable and there were many melee races

easy, don't mess with elves

It says it contains a formation allowing for their use, which technically it does.

>melee

How would I do a close combat skitarii list? Spam Dragoons, rust stalkers and infiltrators?

Could I play skitarii in a 2 phase attack kinda deal where I first buff up my shooting and pop threats to my close combat units and then buff the combat units up the next turn to kill a load of stuff? Or is taking half my army out of the equation each turn really stupid?

I just played my first game yesterday so sorry if I sound like an idiot, I just love the idea of a huge wave of taser gun shooting followed by cyborg walkers and assassins charging into the squishy organics amid the chaos.

say more, i have few burnas which i hate

That's the thing. The Formation allowing the use of the Triumvirate of the Imperium was the oen from Fall of Cadia, the new one is called Triumvirate of the Primarch and should say "Formations allowing the use of [...] the Triumvirate of the Primarch".

It's just semantics but it's still a thing.

Bring tons of Vanguard, their Toughness debuff affects all enemy squads they're in combat with so you can charge with some vanguard then follow up with your assault unit and wound most things on 2s or break some ID thresholds. Don't forget your Pater Radium. Bring Sydonians, they are fucking absurd for their points and they wreck vehicles like there's no tomorrow. Infiltrators are great.

Unless they add more for the Triumvirate of the Imperium.

It was probably yesterday when a horde of berzerkers charged-some 30 inches across the board and slaughtered by entire guard army BEFORE my first turn.

This game is turning into rockettag. Either you go first or you fucking die.

It doesn't say there are datasheets for the Triumvirate of the Imperium. Nowhere do they claim the rules for Cawl, Celestine and Greyfax are in that book.

It's probably an optional formation in the decurion that's featured in that book, hence "[a formation] allowing you to field... the Triumvirate of the Imperium".

>+d6 AP2 attacks at full initiative, wounds everything on 4+
>force weapon
>combine with leadership draining effects to wound everything on 2+

it's nuts, remember you can get into close combat easily as thousand sons because your daemonic steed of choice counts as a jetbike, and there is another item they can take that lets terminators move as jump infantry

You could try a Sicarian Killclade and Ironstrider Cavaliers. Give the Cavaliers their ranged options for shooting and use the Sicarians for melee.

Cheers user, I'll grab a load of vanguard. Do I need dune crawlers in the list?. I've heard they're super good but I'm tempted to just leave them out in favour of more combat stuff, obviously it's going to be a casual list and I'll probably make a serious one after but is it going to be too weak to enjoy if I just stick to assault-y stuff?

They're cheap for the bang they can give, so I'd take at least one. It can melee in a pinch, but you could soften up hordes with the Eradication Beamer before infantry gets close, Neutron if you need anti-tank or the Icarus Array to deal with all things aerial. Hell, turn it on ground targets if the skies are clear, it shoots enough rockets to hit something.

Any Dark Eldar players ever play with beast packs? They look really interesting but it is a ton of options.

Razorwings are good tarpits/woundblobs and can threaten shit in a pinch.
Khymerae are alright but I'm not a fan.
Nothing else really worth mentioning.

why are there people that refuse to play games under 1500 points? honestly the idea of 1850 or more points for a game just for 2 people takes FOREVER. Why do you want to waste so much time in one game? why not play a few games at 1000 or 750?

How the fuck else am I going to play an actually interesting army that does things when 1k of my points are dedicated to one fucking model type

>t. Triptide player

I'll try this out, vanguard shuffling down the board with the Melee units turn one while the dunecrawlers pop armour and then charging in the next turn with bonus WS.

Just gotta find Dragoons for cheaper somehow, I don't feel like spending £90 on three models even though I love them so much.

Because at my store playing under 1850 means the Eldar players are even worse and I have less tools to deal with them?

>Tau players

How am i supposed to beat scatterbikes at ~1000pt games as tau?

I messed up my rolls yesterday, riptide took 3 wounds from failed nova reactor rolls, broadside and 1 fire warrior squad died turn one from some fire prism and scatterbike bullshit. After 2 turns all i had was 1 squad of pathfinders, riptide at 2 wounds and 2 crisis suits with my buffmander... whereas my opponent had lost 2 bikes and 1 warp spider. Shouldnt have bought those new dice...

That's actually somewhat similar to what I've got going. I also need to figure out Dragoons; I love the models except that bloody gimp servitor, and I'm still looking for a way to convert it nicely. Also you can check third party stockists; many of them sell for 20% discount.

>Steven Universe in Veeky Forums

Tht's something I never expected to see, I have nothing against it tho

>Fire Prism
>bullshit
>Riptide in a 1k game

Hey /40kg/, what's your favorite, fluffiest unit in your codex? Do you use it in your army or not, and why?

>being that new

For the luv of Girlyman..does ANYONE have a scan of the new White Dwarf (Mar 2017)? Would be greatly appreciated! Thnx!

Maybe if you weren't a colossal faggot bringing Riptides to 1000pt games, the dice gods wouldn't have punished you.

>boyz
no, i mean entire ork codex is kinda bad, but at least elites and so on are useful for something.
They are fun as fuck in small, friendly games though.

Eldar Rangers and yes all day long. I've played Alatioc since CW:E in 3rd and I still keep my army themed along their classic lines.

>Warp Spiders
I really like them. Their concept, their rules, their flavor, even their models are pretty great considering the sculpts are like 20 years old.
>Do you use it
Nope. Why? Because it's called cheese for a reason.
t. Biel-Tan player

Me wants too! Does anyone here want to share with us broke asses?

Sure is a lot of tau in this thread.

I don't get why people try to do this. The results are always iffy at best.