Exalted General - /exg/

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

How many Exigents and what kind have you used in your games?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1B-QXkWbnWhi0TQ1uQeWt25S1uj1Vab91Z2Vhz4XZrkM/edit?usp=sharing
rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Charms:Hell-Body_Kingdom
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?799438-Exalted-3-Hidden-Horse-Style
docs.google.com/document/d/1CfcKPpJlEF9_gRep0dZlOdl_Pd8SHqCF-iWUobyvcms/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ded

Quite.

Would making medicine fall under Medicine or Craft? What about poisons?

Good question. Possibly craft (Alchemy) to do either of them.

>How many Exigents and what kind have you used in your games?

In my modern game, several.

- Exigent of rock and roll
- Exigent of Science and Engineering
- Exigent of Music (More of a name drop/plot point as this was dead in the plot long before the game start)
- Exigent of Blades
- Exigent of Bureaucracy

Gathering herbs is survival, making them into medicine would fall into craft, maybe allow applicable medicine and survival specialities in the necessary rolls. application of the medicine would fall under the skill of the same name.
If ST doesn't allow applying medical skills in the crafting or gathering of healing herbs, I'd go for trans-ability charms. Homebrewing can be a lot of fun with some amount of reasonable thinking.

I still want to run an Exigents' Bizarre Adventure thing some day.

So how did your current character Exalt? This is usually the most difficult part of the backstory for me as I have difficulty categorizing actions as "Heroic."

Well, not my current character, because I had to take up GMing after our planned GM was rendered unable to, but the character I was planning on playing was a Zenith bard type following around his dispossessed lord. He Exalted not after helping his liege escape an attempt on his life and title, but rather on the carriage ride out after they fled their manor, soothing the baron's quiet sobs with old folk songs in a moment of unrequited compassion for another. Unfortunately, the giant beam of Solar anima flaring to totemic kinda caused that plan to backfire a little bit.

She was attempting to assassinate a mortal member of a dynastic house. The stress of the attack caused her mark to Exalt. When she chose to face him, instead of bugging out - knowing the she would likely die - she Exalted too.

That's an interesting one because it immediately sets up a reoccurring character. What did the two of you Exalt as?

My current character is a Zenith from Wavecrest named Righteous (he used to be called Bright Stone but recently changed his name). Righteous Stone was framed by one of the local judge-priests who wanted to marry his sister, but she wasn't interested. Righteous Stone ended up catching him trying to assault her and got into a fight. During the fight he crushed the judge-priest's left hand. The judge-priest managed to frame things as if he was the victim, and Bright Stone was was thrown in prison.

Eventually it came time to sacrifice people to the volcanoes so the guards took Righteous Stone up to the top, with the judge-priest watching.

"Do you have any last words?"

Righteous Stone gave an impassioned speech denouncing the judge and declaring that he would have his revenge for this abuse of power and called out to the heavens begging for them to protect his family since he would no longer be able to do so. That's when he began glowing with the power of the Exaltation.

All of the guards fell back, and Righteous Stone turned around and punched the volcano really hard, demanding that the volcano god to appear before him. The god did so, and Righteous Stone pointed at the judge-priest, "You're going to demand that he gets sacrificed to you. And you're going to do so right now."

The volcano god was rather daunted by the whole affair. He had been expecting a regular sacrificial offering, not an angry Solar so he quickly did so. The guards wasted no time in grabbing the priest-judge and chucking him into the volcano (apparently they didn't like him very much either).

Can anyone tell me what is up with the Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes? If you want to craft one, its a 4 dot artefact, but it also needs a celestial working to make, but it's not a First Age Artefact and as such doesn't follow the rules for making one, such as needing additional workings.

Is that some sort of anomaly that it's not fully consistent with either type of artefact? It's also the only initiation ritual, I think, that requires you spend XP on something beyond the Sorcery charm. Any recommendation on a fix, or should it be left alone?

Do decisive attack boosters work on gambits if they don't specifically say they do?

Yes. A gambit is a type of decisive attack which typically does something other than deal damage, which means anything that can be used to boost decisive attacks can be used with a gambit.

Of course, some things might not be useful - if you're making a disarm gambit and use a Charm to try and boost damage, it won't do anything since you won't be dealing damage with your decisive attack.

I made a demon, tell me what you all think.

docs.google.com/document/d/1B-QXkWbnWhi0TQ1uQeWt25S1uj1Vab91Z2Vhz4XZrkM/edit?usp=sharing

Looks pretty alright. I find myself agreeing with what Joseph Stalin wrote in his note.

Unless they call it out specifically as doing so, I rule on the side of no.

NATURAL LANGUAGE

You are really good at this. Did you also make that fire demon a long while ago?

I wish I had that talent. My demons are bland in comparison.

Didn't see that the write up was by scorpion. No wonder it's good.

Yeah, sadly I only did the mechanics, the actual write-up's by Earthscorpion.

I don't see the problem?

Exigents aren't that interesting, unless you have an incredibly cool concept to back them up.

The two canon exigents of farming and exigent of cities could have been a wood terrestrial and a solar, respectively, and nothing of value would be lost.

Cool concepts include Masks, Keys, and... That's all I can do right now.

Is it possible to use VEE to buff your allies to maximum? Is there any limit or downside I should be aware of?

1) Unlike any other artefact you can make, it needs a SW.
2) Unlike a First Age Artefact, it only needs one and is otherwise made like a regular artefact.
3) It's the only initiation into sorcery that requires you spend XP beyond the charm.
4) It's the pnly initiation into sorcery that requires you to be initiated into sorcery.

He Exalted Fire Aspect, she Night.

Well, you can't make it to teach yourself Sorcery, because you already need to be able to perform Sorcery to create it.

The way I read it, if you as a PC choose it as one of your shaping rituals, you get it for free as per usual. But if you, as a PC Craft Monkey, want to start pumping them out to induct others into Sorcery, it's gonna cost XP for dem workings.

So /exg/, how long do you reckon it'll be until we finally see 3e books for Infernals and/or Alchemicals?

That You don't need to spend any extraneous XP to get that initiation, only if you want to create another one of those artifacts to jumpstart others into Sorcery. It's another one of those poorly thoughts, poorly worded design decisions taken to ensure that you can't mass produce artifacts or supermortals.

Don't think too hard about it. You'll only get a headache.

But supermortals are so helpful.
Especially since they needn't be enlightened to be sorcerors now

That's what I thought. I even double checked to see if the cost of the SW was comparable to the cost of the initiation charm. A Celestial working of Ambition 1 is 2xp if you already have Celestial Sorcery. If not, it's 6xp.

The "Can't mass produce sorcery" angle is obvious, I just feel it wasn't handled appropriately.

Yes, and nothing prevents you from pressuring Ifreet Lords into contracting your mortals, or repeatedly summoning Mara to initiate who you want.

It's just poorly thought.

wanna make a redwall badger hare or warrior mouse. what lunar flaw would they have?

Badgers were berserkers right? So that'd be curse of the raging bull or red rage of compassion(curse of a mother bear?). And the mouse would have Foolhearty Contempt(curse of the brazen terrier?).

I can't remember the hares having any real virtue flaw they were just professional soldier types in service to the badger lord...who read more solar to me than anything lunar with his fortress-forge

Are there any homebrew charms along the same lines as hell body kingdom for the other yozis?

On that matter, how do you make mortals as usefull as possible?
I mean rubbing a bit of your grossly incandescent awesomeness onto them makes you feel warm and them great(er than they are).

>hell body kingdom
rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Charms:Hell-Body_Kingdom

The autosux Presence buff charms. They are costly, but you can store autosux into a mortal for a given mission. The mission can be 'assassinate this guy' or 'create that weapon' or something like that.

I really like this charm, even though it is 5 committed motes for 3 autosux.

post chosen of the rock god charm stats?

Mouseguard: more or less the unofficial redwall rpg

Considering how long it took them just to get the core book out, I'd say anywhere between 15 years to "not in our lifetime".

Initiation is a necessary but not sufficent part of becoming a sorcerer, though. You need certain - vaguely defined but important - qualities to become a sorcerer. These qualities are supposed to be rare, based on comments made by Morke over the course of the core's development. You can't mass produce sorcerers even if you have an ifree lord at your beck and call.

Could you link to Scantraphrax’s Craft and Bureaucracy systems?

>Literally become a city

Brainwash them until their Motivation is to defend you at all costs and then summon Alveua and have her forge each of them into a single ring of a mail shirt, so that you might walk around bearing a nation upon your chest.

Seems like a fitting capstone to the empire-building game we've started recently.

That's a method I'll keep in mind. Also givs 'Nation building' a whole new meaning.

Love presence supernal, bonus points for going my prefered route.

How would you write up "the curse of the wile e coyote"

Ok Veeky Forums, what which is better, Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style or Hidden Horse Style?

But who would want to sacrifice themselves though? Sure becoming a city for a few weeks or months is fun but not remaining like that the rest of your life.

As some sort of obsessive focus. Chasing after an object or ideal that is always just beyond your grasp. Better if your goal is beyond your Att+Abi pool to achieve.

thanks

It's not like an E7 infernal with the chops to stand off the respose becoming a permanent blasphemy effect will call down on their head won't have ways to interact on a more mortal scale if they feel the need.

alkies do it all the time

What's Hidden Horse Style?

shattered gale, or a custom charm representing a buffed mix of the host of spirits and form reduction technique spirit charms (basically copy the one alchemicals use to send out an avatar when /they/ turn into a city)

malfeas gets to be a city and also dance through it, so I don't see why not

recently posted joke marital art that makes you ambiguously on a horse forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?799438-Exalted-3-Hidden-Horse-Style

>marital art
I'm glad I'm not the only person who makes this typo

The hell-body charm user posted defines a way to send out avatars already, by letting you use its prerequisite "temporarily absorb a building and turn into a strong-ass fighty golem thing" charm on your constituent buildings.

I'll do that in a bit.

>exigent of cities
>not running it as Jack Hawksmoor
Do you even Stormwatch/Authority?

Thanks user

swallowed darkness

nope, no downsides. inkmonkies saw the charm had the potential to be slightly op and took it way over the top(and it's still weaker than their solar stuff)

Done

Currently working on some Sorcery stuff.

Where did you put it?

Not him, but the links appear to have been added to the document linked in

Thanks

docs.google.com/document/d/1CfcKPpJlEF9_gRep0dZlOdl_Pd8SHqCF-iWUobyvcms/edit?usp=sharing

Here's some more homebrew. Tell me if it's too powerful?

anyone know what book I can find the stats for a celestial lion?

post the other one too

What other one?

The combination of marital art and that style in a single post is so heretical not even the unconquered sun in 2e would be able to feel compasion for the bloke meaning it.

lunars

What ability, other than Sail, do you feel is the most underused?

investigation. for what it's capable of covering, i've seen it used less than sail, even outside of West games.

Sail, Ride, Survival, and Investigation.

investigation

Really?

My socialite Zenith has been using it all the damn time. The ability to see through lies is great, forcing people to answer questions truthfully is a bonus, and the ability to conduct an in-depth search of a room in just a few seconds is amazing in of itself.

Playing in a 2e game as an Eclipse caste and I am asking for any tips regarding playing as one both mechanically and just in the RP sense. What are good Charms to take?

How do you deal with dynast estates? They have huuuuge fucking families, so do you sprinkle them around the realm or do you just have gigantic estates? Do they all have manses or just a few? For like Mnemon in particular I was thinking gigantic sprawling estate with the manse built in the center, or maybe the whole thing is the manse.

I'm a 3e newfag by the way, so I'm still getting around to reading older setting books if this was covered in them.

Does anyone know where I can grab a copy of the old First Edition Abyssals book? I have a physical copy of the stupid thing, but it's at my house 1/2 way across the country and I wanted to look something up.

If it's 2e then compass: Yushan page 129

Any news on anything new from onyx path or are we still dead in the water?

Return of Scarlet Empress is a shitty book but I'm curious, what would happen if Adorjan was unleashed into the Realm or Yushan? Surely you can banish her with a charm so she's not much of a threat.

it's linked in the op, if you already own it theres no shame in downloading a digital copy for ease of use

devs have calcified in creation. sometimes fairfolk recover from that but no telling whether it's in 3 weeks or 3 millennia

Damn Raksha...

What was the Empress' aspect marking? She has to be powerful enough to be showing off some elemental nature, but none of her depictions seem to show it.

Rubies, hence 'The Scarlet Dynasty' and 'Her Redness.'

Has anyone used the Empress in their games?

They're spread around the Realm, with several householdes and estates of varying size for each House. A good chunk of them also live in the Imperial City, in the Empress' palace, which has a wing - which kind of is a fuckhuge sprawling estate in itself - for members of the Dynasty. As for manses, I'd say that every House probably has a few manses, at least 3-dot versions.

who's gonna waste the xp just having that charm on hand? that gives her a few days to rampage

Is this covered in one of the 1e or 2e books? I was going to get a cheap PDF reading tablet and just mass read this shit as I plan my campaign. I'm getting Scavenger sons, lost eggs, the compass books, games of divinity, lookshy, and maybe some of the caste/aspect books.

Should I bother reading up on Fae/Yozi/neverborn right now or save that for later in the campaign?

earth aspect with red

I think it was in 1E's Dragon-Blooded, which in my opinion covers the Dragon-Blooded fluff best out of the currently existing Exalted books.

>Should I bother reading up on Fae/Yozi/neverborn right now or save that for later in the campaign?
Unless you plan on using Fae antagonists early on, you can probably wait. Yozis are covered in Games of Divinity, though, so if you're going to get an read it anyways you'll learn somehting about them as well.

It might never come up, but I was toying with the idea that the empress has body swapped via essence with one of her kids, or one of their kids, as a way of buying herself some time. Like she switched bodies with Mnemon, put her away somewhere and just throws a big ol fit in public biweekly to get incognito and convince everyone it's business as usual while she plots to reconquer her empire for fun and profit. With her anagathic sorcerous knowledge the leap would buy her a good nother 400 years easy.

Where are the neverborn properly covered just in case? Do these things have stats for 3e yet, or will I have to wing it and knock up some myself in case of a demon attack, or them trying to jump Mask of Winters?

So, for curiosity's sake, what ability would housework fall under? Shit like doing dishes, sweeping floors, doing laundry, all that?

Hmmm... Maybe a custom skill. Other than that, bureaucracy or presence or integrity for mostly vague symbolic reasons.

Honestly sounds like you'd want to run that as a sort of project, in which case Craft seems to be the most immediate reaction. There are clear differences between dusting off a well maintained room and cleaning up an abandoned manse neglected for thousands of years.