Cyberpunk 2020 quickstart

ok lads here's the deal. At the last minute my group decided we want to do a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign this month so I need a good quickstart campaign to work off of, any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJDxfvx9R6c
drivethrurpg.com/product/202175/Augmented-Reality-The-Holistic-City-Kit-For-Cyberpunk-Games
youtube.com/watch?v=wxiMrvDbq3s&feature=youtu.be&t=89
youtube.com/watch?v=dMeG6dAFqXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have them somewhere when something happens that forces them to debate getting involved or not.

The classic shadowrun 7-11 robbery scenario works great for this. They're at 7-11 (whatever you want to call it in setting) and some (antagonists) start robbing the place, waving guns around, whatever. Honestly for CP2020 I'd do like an insane spree killer making a video of it who does a bunch of grandstanding before he starts executing hostages, but that's just because cyberpunk has a harder edge than shadowrun.

Anyway once the players are involved escalate the situation to educate them about what type of response they can expect. In the hood cops won't come anywhere near the location, but the local gang who the 7-11 pays protection to might show up and then the players have to deal with them somehow, or if it's a better neighborhood you might see private security/cops/whatever.

Remember, the goal of the intro session is to introduce the setting and to teach the players what type of feeling the game is going to have. If it's a mission based thing you're trying to run, have the adventure lead into a mission somehow. If it's an open world make it your own type of thing, leave several plot hooks around that let them try to clean up their neighborhood, track down the distributor of the thrill kill videos, etc etc whatever you want to do.

Just have them hired by some shady character to scope out a highly secure office/warehouse, getting some pay up front to equip themselves for the task before going in to steal valuable data/asset or whatever. Maybe don't even tell them what it is. Just tell them they need to steal Item 52A and the approximate size of its sealed container. Maybe tell them some of the items they request will take a few days giving them time/forcing them to recon.

Planning a heist can be as much fun as the actual heist if you make it interesting. Make them try to find out the building plans, delivery days, guard shift rotations, etc. Have a helipad on the roof and access to ventilation shafts big enough for someone to sneak into but they wouldn't fit with heavy armor or a lot of gear. Force the hacker to actually be on site to access the company network.

Make brute forcing their way in through the front door seem like a bad idea. MetalGear equipped dude guarding the front door 24/7.

Have the building as part of a port so they don't know if the Item will be moved by land, sea or air so they can't just wait for it to be moved. Their could also be a crane nearby/taller buildings opposite to help get a better view or get access to the roof. Maintenance or construction workers frequently coming and going.

Then throw a curveball by having the guy who hired them not show up to a meeting before the heist and be out of contact and watch them panic as they realize the item is due to be moved soon and they can either go ahead with the heist or not and possibly incur the wrath of the guy who has already partially paid them up front.

Talk to your players about what kind of characters they are interested of playing and what kind of cyberpunky scenarios they are interested in and build upon that.

Use one of the ones out of the back of the rulebook.

>I see you know of the infamous Marshal Menace.
>I know of him too.

He's a good man, for a drug addicted petty thief

Right on, brother.

that skirt tho

>Say that to my Nomad face and not in cyberspace, slotter

>Chrome 7000 model

This concludes our tour of Cyberpunk's 1980s Sorayama obsession.

>You're My Obsession...

Anyone have that Homebrew that pops up in 2020 threads occasionally? I forgot the name of it.

Hunter Seeker?

If you want old school Cyberpunk 2020, steer clear from Hunter Seeker - it feels too modern and too slick. CP2020 is perfect for neon lights, CRT monitors, useless duct vents and tubes, mohawks and trench coats.

Block wars. You live in the shitty part of town and you're in a street gang with gang colors and the whole nine yards. You may not sell out at character creation.

Now there's another, larger rival gang trying to horn in on your turf and rough up your women. Are you going to stand for this shit? Hell no.
youtube.com/watch?v=LJDxfvx9R6c

A setting that is often underrepresented is the cop campaign. Have the PCs work as detectives for the local PD. They face all kinds of gangs and crime syndicate, corporate black ops, crazy cults, cyberpsychos, new drugs, corrupt officials, etc. They patrol the streets of Redlight District in their car, infiltrate narco-gangs. If they're dirty, they'll have to do some illegal jobs (delete or steal proofs, kill witnesses and snitches...) for their shadow-boss while avoiding getting caught.

The main advantage of a cop campaign is that you don't really have to worry about a reason for the character to get involved as it's their job. They get called on crime scenes, they are put in task-forces...

Some inspiration (in no particular order): Blade Runner, A. D. Police Files, Robocop, Colors, Cyber City O-EDO, Angel Cop, New Jack City, Heat, Miami Vice, Internal Affairs/The Departed, The Corruptor, End of Watch, Triple 9, Seven, Donnie Brasco, Police Story, Filth...

Only rough up women? And what about the highly-profitable illegal braindance business, the drug trade area, the local rackets, the coffin hotels, the gambling dens, the loan sharking, the chop-shops... There's much more than only prostitution.

Say what you will about Rolemaster, Cyberspace had some nice illustrations.

My god... I forgot Dredd.

3 months in the cubes

And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Dre-dd.

3 months is ok. I can live with that.

Chill, buddy. Here have some Slo-Mo.

It's just a quote bro, but I'ma hit that shit anyway
*ka-hisssss*

thaaaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkkkssssssssss

Have them start in the Combat Zone and work to escape the walls to 'normal' civilization.

Does anyone has this book in PDF? Seems pretty interesting.

drivethrurpg.com/product/202175/Augmented-Reality-The-Holistic-City-Kit-For-Cyberpunk-Games

it is pay what you want.

It's a very good series of random tables, all cyberpunk related. For a GM, worth the $5 I paid for it.

How would I go about making augmented dick for my PC? He's a rocker boy who got castrated by a gangster because he fucked his girl so he has a robo dick.

I recommend the prehensile Urotsukidoji Combat Dick with a 1 liter Bukkake Implant.

There's a full post/thread of this, iirc

Thought I might as well ask here for art - does anyone have a team of corporates?
Not just an operators operating squad, I'm more after a group of cyberpunk guys (probably in suits) who look like they're about to get down to business in a very literal sense - like pic related but with a 5000% increased budget

Or a mercenary being shown an R&D/corp arsenal - even if it's just technical, I want the impression that the guy's getting the best the corp can spare

There is. I made it.

Drug peddling, EXECUTION.
Drug use, 2 years isocube.

that is no knee...

2 years?!?! Never. Now drop the gun, judge. You've got no leverage.

Nate?

Angel Cop is God-tier

I think you got those men confused, Judge.

DISAGREEING WITH A JUDGE
NINE THOUSAND YEARS IN THE ISO CUBES

Instead of cyberpunk, Make it cyberfolk

The Mainc haracters are Hobos traveling the trains doing random oddjobs for cash, they encounter a small town out in the boonies that is being menaced by an agriculture corp to give up all their belongings and leave. The main characters are enlisted to help dig up dirt to get the megacorp sued until they can back off

That's fucking retarded

>He doesn't like folk music

It's the original punk music With better lyrics

>It's the original punk music
That explains why it's so crap.

>But yet he's in a thread for a game based on a genre that is explicit called cyber"punk"

>if you like the literature you have to like the music
No.

Last chance Hotshot.

Motherfucking right:
youtube.com/watch?v=wxiMrvDbq3s&feature=youtu.be&t=89

The really shitty part of this story is that his song which says "fuck you" to private property was turned around and used in countless fucking advertisements to sell fucking cars of all fucking things.

You've got this anarchist punk trying to spread a political message through song fighting the fascists fucks that want to control people, and they take his song, cut out the parts they don't like, and co-opt it for MARKETING.

It's like if Monsanto made a big inspirational song about how safe their product is out of Rage Against the Machine's song "Sleep now in the Fire" with the new title "Sleep now in the Fertilizer".

>"fuck you" to private property
Cunt deserved it.

I actually am quite inspired by all this talk of cyberfolk. I'm picturing it as a cross between Soft Apocalypse by Will McIntosh and The Grapes of Wrath, with a soundtrack by Phil Ochs and Woody Guthrie

youtube.com/watch?v=dMeG6dAFqXw

>I really like my own idea
Yeah, we know. Good for you.

Folk fucking sucks, grampa. Only fossils, rednecks and fudds like it. Deal with it.

>Music for Bondage Performance
Is that an actual line of cassettes?

It's an album from Merzbow.

It's an album from Merzbow.

Sick albums brah

How to listen to them?

Purchasing them. If you have no money, steal them. Alternatively, you can download them or simply go to Youtube and rip them.

Youtube

Ah, I see. I thought Right Brain Audile was the album title, and it was a cassette, but it's just made to look like one.

noice

There's nothing more cyberpunk than how Maximum Mike looks cyberpunk as fuck irl

You mean there's nothing more cyberpunk than a middle aged, chubby black dude, with a leather jacket and a beard?

Who's actually one of the purveyors of a portrayal of the future so famous that when it came true we didn't even notice because we fell in love with it decades ago and we're here talking about it on a anonymous global information network where we are sharing his picture?

Yep!

But seriously maximum mike never turns down an opportunity for a photo op on a city street at night, comon. He knows what he's doing.

You said "looks" here , not his ideas.

He looks kind of sad, in a completely non-cyberpunk kind of way. Even Gibson, that old technophobe, looks cooler.

It's not difficult to look cooler than Mike Pondsmith.