Pathfinder General /pfg/

Flaming Skeleton Jokester Edition: Why did the lich go to the graveyard's liquidation sale?

He had a bone to pick.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4691134/character-applications
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
youtube.com/watch?v=7Zk75WJCwbw
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/vilderavn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Building off of one user's post about giving the Magus more fun stuff

>Arcanas that act like Reserve feats from 3.5e

and

>As part of Spell Combat (so that other archetypes that steal it can make use of it) letting you apply rider effects like a monk's Style Strike but better

How does this change the Magus?

So, after Avowed was nerfed and then promptly ejected from Dragons 2 I've been left trying to fill the void in my soul and my build. It took me a while but I think I've finally found a combination that I like in the form of Daevic || Brutal Stalker. While it will mean that Aurora has to wear a little armour like some kind of filthy rogue pleb, it's not a bad idea. Generally she's going to be built around bull rushing people and then punching them in the head in various ways while she does so, which is something the Daevic can do exceptionally well.

The divide, and therefore the dilemma that I'm facing is currently natural weapons vs unarmed strikes. With my build as it stands I gain no improved unarmed strike or improved damage dice on my punches, but I get a lot of access to natural weapons. If I take the unarmed strike route I get less attacks and my ability to do the interesting things with bull rushing is delayed by a level due to a monk dip but it allows me to pick up Dragon Style and Dragon Ferocity at Level 3. This means that I will be punching very, very hard indeed. In fact, in an ideal scenario I will be punching at +8 for 1d6+14 damage at level 3, 1d6+11 on subsequent punches.

The question is, does it feel too cheesy? Does taking a one-level dip into monk for such a big power spike feel exploitative? Should I delay the more interesting play style to stay more true to the 'brawler' concept?

Making characters is hard.

>Daevic
I would point out that Eagle was pretty ambivalent about Akashic content in general, so I wouldn't commit to that.

Self-shilling here as well since this thread has a title.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne

I mean, Rory is taking a dip into Martial Artist Monk (he learned a little bit of technique and discipline while sailing with a Vudran guru) in order to get Wis-to-AC. It shouldn't be THAT bad. Go for it.

I wanna die

He said he was fine with it in Roll20, with the proviso that if I go crazy on it I'll get nerfed into the floor which is exactly what I'd deserve anyway.

If you hate yourself that much, then you're jest the person we need to run a game.

Beastsoul Monk SoP-E

i'm already running one and feel like i'm bad at it

Jesus, that latest Dragongame app.

Somehow less readable than the other backstories, and not even fuckable.

If your players show up, then you're not doing bad.

Ask one of them to take over the game for a session, so you can have a break.

Where can I read these?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4691134/character-applications

A few good ones, but some real stinkers too.

I've had breaks, i'm just sort of frustrated because the fan was shit by shit last night cause one of my players went autism, and I just.. I dunno what to do

>Somehow less readable than the other backstories
Bullet points are way more readable than walls of text

>and not even fuckable.
Not gonna argue there

>app.roll20.net/forum/post/4691134/character-applications
>30 applications so far

jesus

>The draconic crime boss took Kork's brother and with him something magical. On his death bed Kork's father told him on his death bed that he and his dragon brother have to get their other brother back.
>On his death bed Kork's father told him on his death bed that he and his dragon brother have to get their other brother back.
>On his death bed Kork's father told him on his death bed

A bit less since some faggots didn't just reuse their posts, but yeah it might beat out WotR.

Still more than a week to go, and there were apparently some faggots making a triple application with siblings.

I was thinking about doing a one-by-one review of all of them as we get closer to the deadline.

i might try to app myself, since i actually know how to make characters, but i don't know what i'd even make or play.

Clearly, Kork was sitting on his father's deathbed while his father was on his deathbed.

Some are still blank

That assassin game had more applications

Thank you for catching that, fixed it.

I'll do a quick proof reading at some point I obviously missed a lot.

I ran a game for 5 years and it went great all the way to the conclusion. I picked up a game from a different GM that dropped for a good few months and only stopped that when one player had to bail and two others were brain dead and terrible thatguys, and I'm still running two games in other systems.

Can't I actually be a player in a game that runs more than two sessions?

yeah

I dunno

The only thing I have in my head for this would be a DD bloodrager and thats just not interesting to me

I wanna die.

>my /pfg/ campaigns right now

Why would someone make an app so unfuckable? What would possess a man to make a non-punch girl app?

What drives a man to play a dwarf?

Give it a few days, then come back and tell us how you feel about it.

No, unless you want to play in PFS.

Being DHB?

i don't even want to make a punchgirl

Maybe I can just make a megumin for Dragongame?

do i just remake Rinka? It could be possible

>unless you want to play in PFS.
Even I'm not that far gone.

Maybe I should try something other than pathfinder.

Make a Megumin, I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Roryposting aside I think there's exactly enough good, non-reused submissions to make a functional party.

The hard part is some sameyness with builds, and some people clearly building SAD combat monsters.

I'd personally run with:
>Ivelia
>Ulfric
>Marianne
>Forte
>Rory
>Calsicahedrix

That's two fullcasters (one divine, one arcane), two or three initiators, two faces, two or three vanilla martials, and a few high-int people with different skillsets. Almost everyone is dragon-blooded or a Demesne native, except for the awoo who provides comic relief and excuses to infodump.

Maybe swap Rory or Ulfric for Aurora, but there's a real lack of non-shit (read: fuckable) male apps right now.

I mean I've done it before

Though last time it was RAT and it might be this time again because i have an UNREASONABLE enjoyment of playing Ratfolk.

What, not enough daddy fetish-bait for you?

Try looking at your local gaming store - they usually can tell you what gaming groups are around.

>but there's a real lack of non-shit (read: fuckable) male apps right now.

Not a whole lot of people are into writing fuckable men.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title

Shilling my game again etc etc. The setting isnt set in stone, but Noiralog is something i'm kinda wanting to try. Failing that I might do eberron or something desu.

>Still more than a week to go, and there were apparently some faggots making a triple application with siblings.
Get hype for the Ara Sisters, coming soon to a demense near you!

>Failing that I might do eberron or something desu.

>Eberron

Ooh, I've got a character for that!

DHB has wrote an anti-fuckable male app but he has a fuckable dragon brother.

fuckit, i posted to the DM to see if i can convert spellslinger into spheres again

If so, prepare for maximum chuuni

Tell me more about 'em!

>there's a real lack of non-shit (read: fuckable) male apps right now
Please elaborate. On what, exactly, do you base this opinion?

What would be a good justification for an Erastil worshipper going into a megadungeon?

What's the most momentous challenge your character has overcome, /pfg/?

"Dagnabbit these gosh-darn dungeon monsters need tah' stahp comin' out here n' killin mah game! Ah'm gonna go out there and ah'm gonna teach them a lesson, ya hear me!"

My team once fought a vilderavn.

Shit's scary.

fuck those are cool

fucking artorias.

Generally, the justification for devout Erastileans to go to war/on an adventure is "our home is/will be in danger-we must do something".

I wasn't going to apply but now I might just to fish for a review.

There is something that threatens his community.

The megadungeon was found near his town, and he has to clear it before more adventurers show up and destroy his town's economy.

On most creatures and characters, it'd just look edgy.

Vilderavn are scary enough that, no, they are actually that intimidating. Those things can tear a party apart.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Zk75WJCwbw

How intimidating? And how badly can they wreck a party? I want to know.

Is there a way to simulate being an undead creature/get the undead template?

check out its statblock

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/vilderavn/

>tfw the idea you helped make and the greetext screencap you assembled out of it led to a game

Feels good man.

The trap is revolting, one of the dragons is a tiny green gremlin and most of them are kind of boring (or unfinished).

I'd like a good-looking dude who's good husband material. That's all.

I enjoy fucking men and none of the guys are my type. That's what I'm basing it on.

Tell me about your original monsters, /pfg/!

It depends heavily on a couple things:
>What the effects of those reserve feats/not!style strikes actually are
>how many of them you can get and reasonably keep active at once
>whether or not the not!style strikes actually have a meaningful impact on the class

Stuff like "can make a touch attack at-will that acts like a spell, dealing xd6, where x is the spell in reserve" with the ability to have a spell of whatever element you want for a given spell level? Would probably finally mean the end of Shocking Grasp's Reign of Terror as the default magus spell. So an improvement overall, but still reliant on how the REST of the effects actually act to tell if we haven't just moved to a different kind of cancerous design.

Magus still suffers from design flaws FUCKING ARMOR PROFICIENCY REEEEEEE though, but at least this would be a step forward.

Flying narwhals with magic horns that feed on the aurora. The horns can be eaten for magic or crafted into weapons.

Wouldn't adventurers be a boon to the town economy?

>Tell me more about 'em!

He's a former Cyran soldier of the Last War assigned to terror campaigns who has spent his post-war years as a born again Paladin of the Silver Flame. He's got hideous burn scars over most of his body and wears a slick-ass silver mask while around folk who might think twice about talking to the bacon-man!

Jesus Christ those are brutal. I do NOT want to fight one of those.

>the horns can be crafted into weapons.

What special effect did the horns material add to the weapon?

how do i make a rat fit into a dragon campaign anyways

>Noiralog
>reverse Golarion

is Lamashtu the Mother of Beastfolk or the Mother of Monstergirls?

It makes about as much of a change as Sphere Magus.

Still pretty sad that all magus has going for it to stay in class is 'avoiding horrible limitations'

ikr? It's legitimately hard to choose between this and eberron, although, as I say that, it could be a good excuse to introduce Spelljammers as a thing for the party... AKA, why not both?

>Cyre
>In any capacity
This pleases the DM because now I have an excuse to make the party go towards the mournlands at least once. Good man.

whynotboth.jpg

If you really think that everybody else is boring, why not just make your own husbando?

I'm angry! Angry about DHB!

Just imagine one hunting a party down,

The way I had it is that it was cheaper to add magical effects to it. Like it took a quarter off the price of enchantments or something. I imagine that it could be balanced better.

Also the whales can shoot lasers from their horns if they're well fed.

Be angry about the furfag with the bestiality kink instead.

wind stance plus flyby attack for screwing over the less mobile enemies. If you manage to lock down its movement somewhat (my team did) it can still full-attack like a complete beast, and it gets one of the only stacking bleeds in the game so if you don't have healing on hand you might die even if you win.

It has excellent AC on all levels, excellent saves, a laundry list of the best hexes in the game to screw you over with, spell resistance, different shapes it can take, (Ex) truesight, and a fuckhuge CMD

it can also turn into your friends and fuck with you after it eats their fucking hearts out

I want to fight one of these things.

Good god, Paizo published an actually terrifying boss monster. I love it!

Took on a Xacarba and a couple of bebeliths

Tell me about your background characters that turned out to be significant bad guys.

It gives you Cyre, the Mournlands, Thrane, and the healing power of the Silver Flame.

Vilderavn is basically a fucking god tier BBEG

>What would possess a man to make a non-punch girl app
Eagle banning Self Avowed is what

>mfw the DM makes a Vilderavn behind the events of Rise of the Jade Regent

Make her a servant of a dragon, wanting to harness the magical power and artifacts they possess.

The Mournlands are more fun if you're the kinda DM that's into (trying at least) scaring the shit out of his players.

Especially if they're Cyran and wandering into a dead homeland, where no man should enter, let alone one whom lost his country to war.

For a short time.

Then, the prices go up.

An owlbear that traded its normal feats for Martial Training I and II (Black Seraph).

Fucking Retribution. Failed my Will save against that, and had to resort to trying to disarm/sunder his shit.

>MFW every ally you thought you had is actually a Vilderavn

>ITS VILDERAVNS ALL THE WAY DOWN

>The Vilderavns are all initiators too.

g GOOD GOLLY.

I built one of these against the party but changed its feats around for Martial Training in Cursed Razor.

Had a great time.

Yeah, man. They're all using their soul transformation thingy.

Just give one some initiator levels and you've got yourself the Vilderavns' big boss.

>Spooky melancholic trip into what is equal parts Resident Evil, The Mist, Silent Hill and a dash of Transformers

FUND IT

Your BBEG is now replaced by a fae couple, of Vilderavns.

One has an extra 8 levels of Harbinger in addition to his baseline stats.

The other is also an 8th level pre-errata Scarred Witch Doctor.

Their bonus feats were all spent on Teamwork feats.

How fucked is your party?

>That armor
>They give edgy name to their swords
>They spend their time infiltrating armies and kingdoms just to torture their commanders and kings until they have nothing more to lose, and only then allows them the freedom of death

I want to say that this is edgy bullshit but it's great.

its so fucking edgy it loops back around to being brilliant