/swg/ Star Wars General

Force Nexus edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

you ever use one in a game /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

d6holocron.com/downloads/books/RP_SagaConversion_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_Campaign_Guide.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for stop arguing about whether the Empire is evil

First for the Empire isn't evil.

First for The First Order

First for evil or not, the Empire has more style than the Rebel scum ever will.

nth for nJo is a cooler stable than the Force Nexus

All right, enough shitposting. What career/spec from EotE would you make Luke? What about from AoR? FaD?

I would say definitely Ace (Pilot) for AoR but I'm not sure about the others.

>Eote
I think there was a Force user class in the core book

otherwise colonist maybe?

>actually putting star wars in the title
You fool you've killed us all

>Ace (Pilot)
>Commander (Squadron Leader)
>Warrior (Starfighter Ace)
He favored Djem So, but I can't remember if FaD has a class for that yet. I'd also wager he would have Guardian (Peacekeeper). Feels like it falls in line with his general personality and character traits.

He would also have a unique Moisture Farmer career. He doesn't use it on many things other than Mara Jade's panties.

I just finished playing the KotOR games, are there any systems based in that time?

You could easily set the FFG games in that era.

The KOTOR games mostly follow the d20 system, which conveniently has KOTOR-era source books. If you don't like d20, FFG probably works, too. Most KOTOR tech is just thinly veiled PT/OT reskins anyway.

too big to upload

d6holocron.com/downloads/books/RP_SagaConversion_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_Campaign_Guide.pdf

the d20 Kotor book converted to WEG d6

Kotor a best

Thank you based user.

KotOR itself used a modified version of WotC's Star Wars d20 RPG, which itself was basically just 3.x D&D with a few minor changes.

WotC's Star Wars RPGs (d20/Revised/Saga) all have setting books based on KotOR.

WEG d6 had rulebooks for the Tales of the Jedi era, though, and FFG's are centered basically around the OT.

>tfw the Old Republic era will never return to the glory days of crazy Egyptian space wizards

What's a way akin to bloodstripes (But not bloodstripes) to mark a First Order TIE fighter as a veteran?

My normal list is 5 Omega Squadron generics, so I just gave them Blood Stripes, but I want to pimp out Omega Leader more.

Slick gray camo and yellow wingtips?

Sharkmouth or tiger stripes are always cool designs to add to a squad leader

Good that was fucking shit

The only shit thing here is your taste. Classic basilisks and goofy, blinged-out Sith were great.

Pin-up girls

Look at him and laugh

Everything is better with pin up girls

>le we have super ftl yet still dress and act like regular Egyptians from Earth.
It's fucking shit I don't care what you think. If they wanted to mimic earth they should look like The Expanse or some shit not medieval and shit.

It's their custom user.

That's how they dress. Its fashion

About to run a game using ffg star wars in the days at the beginning of the Old Republic mmo time line.

Is there any work been done or a suggestion page as to what stats to use for ships and droids during that era?

There are people in robes, cowboy dusters and utility belts in the original trilogy. Commanding officers wore nazi uniforms and people had the equivalent of bicycle for ship to ship combat.

You can talk shit when half the ass hats on Coruscant did not look like they dressed in Hell Boy 2 costumes.

Nope it's retarded shit but be my guess keep defending it in the knowledge that based Disney will never ever make it canon

Sure thing, mate.

Sure is cutting edge here

To add to that, Vader's helmet is heavily inspired by both the stahlhelm and samurai kabuto. The OJO had a thing for monastic brown robes. Gamorreans still go around with axes and Royal Guards still carry pikes. Stormtroopers walk around with Sterlings and MG34s, while Rebel troopers have StG-44s, M1 helmets, and dressed up M60s. Saw's faction is literally just Space Muslim terrorists.

This is space fantasy franchise, not hard sci-fi. Shit from thousands of years in the past is should look archaic as fuck.

How would I best go about running a session where the party would be involved in the battle of Malachor V? I don't know how to set it up and get the players involved without either ruining the significance of the event or without putting them in a situation that could easily get them killed

Well, this /swg/ is off to a fuckin' awful start.

Things we're no longer allowed to argue, because shut the fuck up:

1. The Empire isn't evil
2. Rebels is a good/shit show
3. Pablo Hidalgo likes it up the bum
4. Old Republic medieval dress is cool

Now you guys are strawmanning. The majority of the Republic doesn't look like that but the entirety of the old republic looked medieval and used spears and shit

You would either have to build up to it through the campaign, making them work with or against Reavan who is going to set the thing off.

Or

Set it up so they are part of the space battle during it and are removed from the events of the planet. Either fighter pilots or ship to ship combat with mandos who have invaded their ship before landing.

user, you're just going to make them want to talk about it now

>entirety
No it didn't.

Original concept art for the entire OT was heavily Three Musketeer style, with nobles in silk shirts sword fighting armored soldiers.

You would best not be doing that, unless you want your Force sensitive players to all die from the sheer terror of feeling thousands of fellow Revanchist "Jedi," Republic military, and Mandalorians get crushed, up close and personal.

The Exile had to cut herself off from the Force to survive. That's... almost the whole setup to her story.

It's a TIE fighter that I'll probably add a Bloodstripe to as well. There are no conventional wings, so wingtip designs would probably be hard.
Same as above, where would those go on a TIE Fighter?

I can't paint that well.

Are there rules for force imbued/alchemically altered swords in the FFG books yet?

Wow that looks like fuckin' grade A generic shit.

If you can take an image and, despite knowing it's from Star Wars can't see ANY of the aesthetic, it's bad design for Star Wars.

>A E S T H E T I C

You'll take your dragon dildo blasters and like them, young user.

What, do you need a fuckin' definition? Or just like repeating things like an aspie?

Your pic looks like ass, by the way.

No thanks. I'd consider it, but they sure don't look like anything from Star Wars and I only stick Star Wars dildos in my chocolate starfish.

And it doesn't fit Star Wars. Looks like some gritty dark horse comic
>that fucking gun

>Royal Army
Not actually a thing
>In actual practice stormtroopers are what appears almost exclusively in both offensive and defensive capabilities, with army and navy troops essentially being a garnish added on
I boil it down to writers either not reading too far into the lore or forgetting that the other two exist, it's a problem that only gets worse over time. I like the idea of using elite Imperial Army/Navy troopers as different elites than yet more Stormtrooper variants, it gets tired after a while.

Star Wars kancolle when?

>And it doesn't fit Star Wars. Looks like some gritty dark horse comic

Why not both?

Wait, is that lightsaber dripping blue cum?

I've heard of blue milk, but THIS is ridiculous!

>tfw nucanon Mandalorians will never ride eternal, shiny, and beskar like their far cooler pre-Traviss ancestors

This actually doesn't look that bad. It actually looks like Star Wars.

So... SCAR Trooper stats?

There shouldn't be a stat below 3 anywhere to be seen, at least

I thought the same myself. You can see Star Wars in the outfits and the weapons. The covers are often okay - it's the pages inside the comics that were drawn by someone who had never seen the films before.

>Not actually a thing
An interesting bit of history, that. It's a bit opaque to a foreigner, but I love the idea that England still has a goddamn "First Sea Lord."

Shit, all we have in the US are sea lions.

And Seahawks if you come from Seattle. But let's be honest, who gives a shit about Seattle or the Seahawks?

The 2014 Broncos.

Savage. I'll give you that one, user.

Sharkmouth would go over/around the TIE cockpit glass or white sharkteeth along the border of the solar panels.
Tiger stripes would go either from front to back over the top hatch of the cockpit or diagonally across the cockpit

Yellow "wingtips" would be painting the top and bottom edge of the solar panels

Now the real question is when they're going to get rid of the space needle to stop that awful space heroin epidemic

The canon is young. They may yet get their robot-dragons

Sharkmouth on a TIE would look a lot like the Ball version

Woo Ball

>awful space heroin
From a certain point of view

>TIE Ball
Ingenious. Add it to R&D's to-do list, along with the TIE Experimental M1 walker variant.

Luke would be a Colonist with a piloting spec, then later Sentinel.

Shien and Djem So are both variants of Form 5. Shien was the anti-blaster variant, Djem So was for dueling.

I know there's a Shien specialty, but is Djem So Guy specifically a playable class in FaD?

Djem So is a talent that a few specs get.

Love me some of that cosmic doochie

Shien Expert has anti-blaster and dueling talents both, so it covers either variant.

I'd make Luke a (Warrior) Starfighter Ace. He then cross specs into shein expert in ESB.

Need some character art for dudes, all I have are women.

I want to build tie swarm in x-wing. I purchased the Tue fighter booster that has howlrunner and the OG starter. What else should i pick up to finish the army?

The only male Jedi picture you'll ever need.

Probably a Gozanti if you really want all the TIE pilots, Youngster in particular seems pretty good for a swarm since you can pass around rage or expose or something. If you don't want to spend 70 bucks on two more TIEs then probably an ace or two in Defenders, Interceptors, Advanceds or Advanced prototypes and/or a Punisher for some Ion Engine Mk.IIs.

So I'm torn /swg/. I have three concepts for a campaign and I can't think of which one to run. They all sound good, but I haven't GMed in a while and I'm worried that I'm rusty. Sadly it's difficult to find a game myself, so I figured I'd try running one again.

>The first idea is purely EOTE but all three books can be used. The group is a bunch of mercs/adventurers who play off of Debts to Pay to join the service of a corporate lackey who seeks to take control over the cybernetics company he works for and who wants to kill his asshole of a boss. He recruits the players to handle a job his boss needs done, which leads them into the storyline of Debts to Pay. However, throughout he tries to overtly or covertly get the players on his side to help him, the lackey does, and in the end with their help he tries to hostile-takeover the company, killing the boss and becoming quite a prick himself. If the players don't help him, he makes them his target. If they helped him, he'll give them pay then tell them to fuck off. This leads into more adventures with now a crime boss from Debts to Pay and this corrupt exec being two recurring Nemeses.

>The second is an Imperial Campaign using the AOR system that is set shortly after the destruction of the Death Star II. The Empire is beginning to crack and the players are at the forefront. They rise through the ranks as resources become more and more scarce, participating in major battles and possibly turning the tide of the war in the Empire's favor, such as by helping a particular Moff keep from splintering off and keeping the Empire unified. They may also join a splinter faction themselves and fight the others. A more straightforward military campaign with the AOR Imperial Duty chart used as the general go-to for missions and such.

Continued in the next post

>The third involves a clandestine monastery on an Outer Rim world that houses some Force Sensitives, but adheres neither to the Jedi nor Sith. Not Grey Jedi, just Force users that don't adhere to ANY side and teach your typical monastic peace and isolation stuff. The group of newly-ordained monks go on a journey to retrieve their Saber Crystals, which is a trial long since set up by the monastery, but the Empire has recently arrived to colonize the planet and bring both order and exploitation of resources. The players end up finding an old star chart that takes them off-world and ultimately sets them in a conflict between Rebel Spies and the ISB, and an agent of both sides seeks to recruit them for their own side's gain. The ultimate "loyalty mission" for both sides is to kill the opposing agent. This will lead them to either joining the Rebellion or ISB and going on further adventures for that faction with that theme.

I know scripts can change, so all this is a basic outline, and I plan to use a lot of material, including from older versions of the game, to make interesting stories and continuing adventures for my players. I just don't know if it's worth my time given the increasing rarity of online Star Wars games using FFG's system or if any of my ideas are worth implementing.

Advice and thoughts?

Oh also a TIE Striker because it's a cool ship on its own with cool pilots and it comes with Swarm Leader which is basically made for TIE swarms.

How can they be evil if they can bust a move that hard
youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8

Well, not this one, 'cause non-Jedi probably shouldn't have sabers.

The first you may be able to finagle beyond the rim into the campaign.

They all sound like they'd make for decent campaigns. For #3, how are you going to make both offers seem appealing? The players will probably go into this with the assumption that Rebels = good, Empire = evil so they'll probably join the Rebels by default (unless you make the Empire the obvious good guys in which case it still isn't much of a dilemma).

Not everyone cares about good vs. evil. Personally, I'd have my character go Imperial, were everything the same - you don't become a criminal that way, and it's expected in-universe that the rebels will lose.

It's OOC thinking that Rebels = good guys.

This. Personally, I'd think it would be cooler for the players to try and keep the temple independent, or at the very least let the monks decide what they think they should do themselves.

I tend to shoot for more moral grays in my universe, so no fanon with the Rebels being psycho evil and the Empire paragon saints, but both sides have their ups and downs, goods and evils. A choice I had in mind was that the Rebellion would want the party to go and convince the rest of the monastery to join them, but as the monks are reclusive and don't care about either side (most don't even know about the majority of galactic events, other than the Republic fell and the Empire's in charge) they would be resistant to it. If the party failed to convince them to fight the Empire, the Rebellion would try to forcibly integrate them itself, regardless of the cost to the monks.

The ISB meanwhile would note the monastery being benign and isolationist and would offer to leave it alone (unless they start causing trouble) and protect it from Rebel interference so long as as the party helped them out and opposed the Rebellion. Sounds easy until the party realizes that their ISB ally just may be using the monastery and their kinsmen as leverage, so if the party turns against them the Empire could move in and wreck shit easily.

Basically either way it boils down to the Imps and Rebs saying "Help us and we won't fuck up your home" in a less overt way, and the choice would come down to the players' and/or their characters' personal views of the Rebellion and Empire.

The players betraying their own monastery to gain favor for either side (telling the Rebels where they are so they can go conscript them by force or telling the Empire where they are so an Inquisitor can come do the dirty work) is also a possibility. A fairly dramatic betrayal which wouldn't be unheard of in Star Wars, and joining either side involves betraying the ISB/Rebellion anyway.

Yeah, if they're a bunch of monks, give them Shaolin-type weapons (grain flails, sticks, lengths of sharp pointy chain, sickles etc) and soak up the cheesy goodness that is 1980's martial arts movies.

>forgot to namefag

Also this is a very rough draft/idea for the basic outline, so it won't be as strict or defined. It's just my general concept of giving my party a goal and ways to reach that goal.

Noted, good point.

That'd be nice. Beyond the Rim looks incredibly fun to run.

A player in a game I once watched some of when trying to decide whether or not I'd enjoy AOR brought up that point. The party was unanimously wanting to help the Rebels and he was the only person suggesting they check out the Empire a bit more first. There was no hostility or anything but he did get irritated and tell them that "Rebels = Good" was OOC, since up until that point the Empire had actually helped out the party with some jobs and the Rebels had never even appeared.

That's the Independent option. I'd love to have that.

Might I suggest watching The 36th Chamber of the Shaolin for some inspiration?

It's classic kung fu movie awesome, and has a pretty interesting concept.

Art a great user from the better days of this thread drew for me, for a character who never quite happened

Endor Open was won with Parattani.

Get your salt shakers ready, folks!

If you are a new player, just pick up whatever you think sounds/looks cool.

What this guy says
is for advanced players, no new player needs a Gozanti. Youngster isn't that good either. the best pilots in that set are Wampa and Scourge.

Most TIE swarms are mini-swarms of howlrunner, 3 Black Squadrons, and then an ace like Soontir Fel, Vader, or Countess Ryad.

Well, Endor had less than 100 people though. I heard 80? It got held in a hall that required you to buy a con ticket, and those were $110 AFAIK?

Like Chumbalaya said a couple threads back- It will be funny if Paratanni wins all but one open, just so that the shitstorm happens. (and they make Mindlink the first 2-dot unique card as a result)