Warhammer 40,000 General

>Mfw no love for Orks until 9E Edition

>Previous:

>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=LfephiFN76E

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (what the Lion calls Vulkan's dick pics folder)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw
music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share
music.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqGNm10_IU&feature=share
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I2

Tau are the best race

third for skitarrii

First and only fourth.

Repeating from last thread. How bad is it in practice to mix weapons within a unit? For example the melee weapons in a SM Company Command? Feels like the models lose individuality and character when they all have the same thing.

Depends on what you're giving them, really.

What have I become

My empire of dirt

>wasting agrax earthshade
duncaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Don't forget to apply some highlights to really make the desk pop

Not counting champ and apoc, was thinking a guy with a power weapon, guy with claws, and a guy with a fist. As I'm speculating it probably won't be that effective, but as long as it's not actively terrible I wouldn't mind. I kind of want each model to have more than just different armor or head pieces that are different with them.

Somewhat less bad with melee weapons. Generally, you want the squad to match in some way. For ranged weapons, you have to worry about range and role, if they're going to be going after tanks, elites, or hordes, and from what distance.

Melee is somewhat easier, as they main thing to worry about there is AP. You could, for example, throw in a Lightning Claw, Power Sword, and Power Lance in a single squad and have something rather functional. Similarly, a Power Axe, Powerfist, and Thunderhammer can all swing at similar things.

So I built my first set of space marines last night but I think I built them completely wrong.

What is the best general weapon scheme for a unit?

I picked all bolters except one has a rocket launcher and another has a grav gun.

apoth*

I'll protect my pretties.

>And on the pedestal these words appear:
>"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
>Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
>Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
>Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
>The lone and level sands stretch far away.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw

Does your local gameshop/club have a safe-space for hispanic, lgbt and other minority players where they can play 40k without the risk of being attacked by drumphtards or deported?

Eh, they're all AP3 or better, so I suppose it's okay.

no.

40k is whites only. asians are allowed too.

>52038028
>implying I'll give (You) anyhting

Damn, I'm brown. Guess I'll see myself out and get back that wall thing.

>I'm such a unoriginal faggot, that I can't even come up with better B8 than the crying guardfag from the last general.

GR8 B8 M8. 8/8

We got a black guy at my FLGS that complains about other black people being too black.

He's an alright guy.

Ugh guys should we tell him he has orks in his land Raider

>Landraider

Is he a sufferer of Ree-verse Vitaligo?

I hear it's actually a pretty serious medical condition.

What's a good way to run a horde of Bloodletters?

Shit b8.
And fuck you in advance for any derailment you end up causing.

Does anybody know what the Eldar symbol for their Fall is, or the Eldar symbol for Daemon/Slaanesh?

I want to sculpt it onto some of my Slaaneshi CSM vehicles so that the Eldar can see their death coming in their own language.

So, I've been waiting for this forgeworld kit to come back into stock since before Christmas.. What the hell is going on over there?

I just want my chaos marines to look awesome.

>his

(You)
Anyone?

This is the rune used by Solotaires, the Harlequins that play the role of Slaanesh in their plays telling of the fall. That's the closest thing I can think of right off.

Grav gun is good. And I don't even think you have another heavy weapon option in the tac kit, missile launcher is fine anyway.

Deploy the cannons, the chariot and 3 squads, deepstrike everything else. Always run if youre not in charge range, charge when you are.

Yeah, this is the rune they use to represent the Fall.

>What the hell is going on over there?

They cannot make enough Prospero to fill demand, so every effort of the company is going into production.

What are the advantages of a 10 man Tactical Squad with a Rhino over a 6 man Tactical Squad in a Dakkaback?

It was from the kill team box, so I'm not sure if it has special sprues or anything.

It's just a regular sprue

Rhino's cheaper and 10 bodies is more than 6 bodies

10 man squad can become 2 squads and you can have up to 12 objective secured troops. You can take both a special and heavy weapon, divide them up and have less guys bogged down by a heavy weapon not moving. One squad can disembark while the other drives to a different location.

I can work with this. I think I'll add some stuff to the bottom and make the "horns" up top actually horns, but I can work with this.

I legit laughed at this, though. I was not prepared.

But won't a Lascannon and twin-linked Plasmagun compensate for 4 bolters outside of rapid fire?

What if I didn't have a heavy weapon?

Banner of blood is an upgrade to an icon of chaos not a separate icon.

Depends on the situation really. But a 10 man will usually combat squad with the heavy wep section camping a backfield objective while the special wep section advances with the rhino to midfield to await opportunities to exploit.

vehicles are fragile, that las plas razorback may only get to fire once. more marines are always better.

The easy way: run enough that your opponent can't shoot them all. Hopefully enough will get into CC and you win from there.

The more nuanced way: You'll probably want shooting support. You can do KDK with shooting support from vehicles. If you're doing daemons, do the daemonic incursion thing and spread out to tag as many objectives as you can on your way to the enemy. Run some skull cannons or burning chariots for shooting support. Getting a bloodthirster or daemon prince in either situation is not a bad idea too. Takes some of the heat off the letters as you make it up field. Same idea with khorne dogs too.

hope this helps

I threw that together quick, use the points for more letters

Also as a gimmick list with only models featuring bloodletters

What do you guys think would be better 6 reaver jetbikes with cluster caltrops or 12 khymera in a melee ynarri army. The reavers have much better range but the khymera can be really tough with 5++ and fnp from yncarne. I am thinking about using a suicide raider with aethersails from a grotesquery to help soul burst the khymera\reavers across the board.

Jetbikes. And make them 2 3man squads.

I think the reavers will do more damage in the long run

>Getting custodes and SoS for the second Great Crusade
P nice my dude. Top right corner, or better yet, look at the pic on the website, this one's shit.

>gold rhino and LR

I guess they couldn't have been bothered to do grav vehicles for 40k Custodes.

If I'm not mistaken, they actually use the Cegorach rune upsidedown, oddly enough.

You would think that they'd add rules in so that they make more money. Unless maybe FW will be the one to do it.

Why would anyone worship Khorne? He only makes you angry, which is terrible in a fight.

Hmmm. I can't decide between KdK or Chaos Daemons. Both have their bonuses and downsides. If I do Formations, no matter what if I want to take Skull Cannons or Soul Grinders it'll take me over 1500 in Chaos Daemons, whereas in KdK if I want to take Skull Cannons I need to pay several hundred points of tax.

When that angry makes you near bullet proof and able to punch through a tank and murder a squad with only your hands it is a pretty big boon.

Also, is there a difference between the GW custodes and FW ones? Like, does one have better details?

[citation needed]

The FW custodes are the GW ones. FW has different heads you can put on the plastic custodes though.

Why are you using a name? No need to.

Anyways, the FW ones, except Terminators and Characters, are just upgrade kits that replace certain parts for the different Custodes units, or the Custodes vehicles.

That's a pretty common meme, that anger makes you this wild beast while the calm collected strategist wins. That doesn't really happen. Just like agility doesn't really win out that often either.

They have these things where it's a totally inexperienced powerlifter vs some manlet master grappler and then the grappler wins and everyone is like STRENGTH CANNOT COMPETE AGAINST SKILL. That's true to some degree, mostly in a competition where the rules limit what you're able to do.

Someone who is a good fighter who is then angry is absolutely a force to be reckoned with. That's who worships Khorne. Not people mad that they lost video games. Then anger will be detrimental to someone like that.

Imagine chaos faces when they invading another maiden world, webway portal opens and perturbed primarch comes through with eldar allies.

So some guy at my lgs was talking about how he thinks new Guilliman is a cyborg (artifical legs/parts and whatnot at least), which would explain the fisher-price model proportions
Is this a largely assumed theory?

My point is that he doesn't really give you anything. An angry warrior is really just a warrior who has lost the ability to pick his fights and with less spatial awareness.

You don't really get stronger.

The reavers will do 2D6 s6 rending attacks plus some number of s4 rending attacks where the khymera will put out a ton of s4 attacks. If I take a jetbike autarch I think the khymera will be better but the jet bikes would be better against tanks and what not.

>That's a pretty common meme, that anger makes you this wild beast while the calm collected strategist wins. That doesn't really happen.
>every extraordinarily successful martial artist and swordsman throughout history has been calm and collected
>great military guides like the Art of War make multiple mentions of angering your opponent to get them to make mistakes

Are you a raging tard trying to defend your anger management issues or something?

lol

I think the problem here is that what we're looking at is archetypal Khronate warrior is the Berserker, a madman frothing at the mouth that only wants to rip and tear. Bear in mind that these are actually a result of the Butcher's Nails and less about Khorne making them mad.

If anything, I'd say that Khorne is a martial god in all sense of the word and his blessings are geared to make you a more deadly killer in all ways. Now if your preferred method of killing is frothing at the mouth and wading a sea of blood of your enemies, Khorne will raise your madness to new heights as he says, "You go do you, bruh" but that's not to say that Khorne has no other blessings to give. I'm sure in the wide expanse of the 41st millenium there are all manner of warrior cults dedicated to some facet of Khorne and each have their own ways of reaping their bloody tally. And if they are particularly adept at what they do, Khorne will bless them accordingly.

Hey guys, anyone in the Los Angeles area know of a good place to play 40k I live near USC just south of down town.

Except the only 'blessing' I've ever read about him giving are anger and psyker immunity, nothing else.

I asked the same about the Corsairs upgrade pack (shit's been out of stock forever) and they told me they're fixing some master molds and have no idea how long it will take. Not sure if that applies in your case or if that other user is right and they're actually just working on making a billion boxes of Prospero

thats a terrible bait you have there but I am only replying because of the strange inclusion of hispanic in this. Makes no sense

I feel like something is going on at FW. Pulling all (well most) of the books and stock problems.

It's just a wild and probably stupid guess but maybe it's something to do with 8th? It wouldn't make sense to restock if the new edition would get rid of those models.

I think GW might be hounding them for having rules that have no models in regards to the books.

Cos the only ones we know who worship Khorne explicitly are the World Eaters. For more varied examples Khorne worships, you can check out Fantasy. I am almost certain that there are at least brief mentions of different types of warrior cults.

Take a jetbike Autarch with a Banshee mask and stick him with the Reavers, it will not disappoint. For the lulz also give the Autarch the Shard of Anaris.

Then insert infantry, roll a few dice, remove resulting red paste, ?????, PROFIT!

Back due to popular demand:

Reminder that pic related has a sweet melody which suits them perfectly now

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share [Open]

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music doesn't suit chaos, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

>My Emps Children love the shit metal though!!!
No, your structured music would bore them to death. Please read current fluff, not your 80s shit

>LOL LOOK MY SHIT SONG ABOUT BATS OR LIGHTNING IS FUNNY
*Pat pat* nice original joke, friend

>Does the above point apply for any of my other "funny" song ideas?
Yes.

>I know more about music than you because that is brostep, not dubstep
Doesn't change the fact that it is the correct song for the Night Lords

>Why did you word that first sentence weirdly?
Because people thought they were clever with their spam filter

>You are getting less (you)s than ever, I thought that is why you do this?
No, it just proves how perfected my FAQ is.

>Is Curze a Demon Primarch, and true Prophet of the 8th?
Yes.

Taking suggestions on this as an alternative:
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
music.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqGNm10_IU&feature=share

This is the problem with FW armies tbqh.
>tfw FW won't update my stupid space elves for another 2 editions, since they had a recent reprint

You forgot your picture you dumb fuck

WHERE IS IA 14, GW? I WAS PROMISED IA 14!

Don't give it yous, user.

You know how people say that the various fliers are terribly designed from an aeronautical perspective? Just curious, but even if say, the Stormhawk, is about as aerodynamic as a falling brick, if it has enough thrust from super "future science" engines does it matter?

Not putting a picture on has resolved my issue of people skipping over it, friendo. It is no longer super recognisable straight away.

How many tatami mats out of 10 do you guys rate my chapter?

Ignoring the meme, are there any armies you legitimately won't play against?

Didn't you read the FAQ? No (you)s just means it is well refined as there are no more questions.

Is shard of anaris better than flame saber?

Because melee is cool and casters are for fags.

Anything can fly with enough thrust

>Giving Tau more cheese

You have to take one for the team Ad Mech players. For the good of the whole game. If you hold out a little longer, it gives us all a little more time before the darkness falls.

Suit Tau and unfluffy Eldar.

Memes are real for a reason. But go ahead and don't thin your paints and play against the Taufag who nobody else at the shop will and come crying on Veeky Forums about how you thought memes weren't real like every other faggot who didn't believe and did the same.

Literally walked into a store a few weeks ago to pick up paint. Everyone was playing games except one guy with a bunch of Riptides and Piranhas set up.

Aren't fluffy eldar the super strong builds?

No one in my local store plays them.