Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do we make ratfolk great again and not a terrible race?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/mythic-craft-wondrous-item-mythic/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne
makeyourgamelegendary.com/products-page/adventures/orphans-of-the-hanged-man/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But ratfolk are great and have pretty solid racials

Ratfolk were never great. Now, how do we make a setting populated entirely by monster races and not suck?

>Get ai girl in iron gods
>She is really stupid
>Literally gets stupider by the minute
Is there some sort of sidequest to make her less ditzy or is this some sort of appeal thing?

MRGA

No seriously, any kind of plague carrier makes them cool-ish

I was considering a setting in which the humans accidentally blew themselves up but the remnants either have their souls stuffed in a giant chunk of meteoric iron or they live in Hell and have become Tieflings and the horrible magical radiation left behind by them blowing themselves up and a few million or so years later result in monster races.

What makes them bad?

Isn't the Ratfolk druid archetype actually really great?

Shapeshifting into a swarm with an animal companion that can call a swarm while you spontaneously cast more swarms seems RUDE.

>Have a STR-fag problem
>Make a DEX build
>Go through a lot of options writing off what I don't like and end up with Elven Curve Blade
Am I doing this right?

Dex builds are much more limited in weapon choice.
We've learned to take a rapier, elven curve blade, or elven branch spear, and concentrate on other aspects of being flashy rather than weapon choice.

Are you a dwarf?

Oh, and now glaive.

Half-Elf, Unchained Rogue.

By the way, how do you dexfags carry shit anyways? I kept 10 Strength and fuck, I don't know how the hell anyone dumps the stat when studded leather eats up so much of your carrying capacity.

Muleback cords

Especially if you allow item fusing in your game

Like I do in CotCT

Oh. Than you are only half-wrong. Get a donkey.

>requires three feats to come online
You are funny man.

I don't know anything about item fusing but seeing as my DEXperiment is for your game, I'd like to know more.

Handy haversack

Item fusing? Tell me more. I considered joining your CotCT. Are you using any of the Legendary path add-ons?

No feat tax?

How close are you tracking encumbrance?

Item fusing allows you to fuse two magical items together. It makes the cheapest item of the fused pair cost +50%.

Say, if you want a Cloak of Resistance +1 and a Muleback cord fused into one item, both are worth 1k GP. You add their prices together, and get 2000 GP price. Then you just add 50% the cost of the cheapest item to it (in this case, flat 500 GP since both are 1k GP worth) for a total of 2500 GP.

It's the same logic than the one behind a Belt of Physical Might, as an example. (4k + 4k + 50% of 4k = 10k)

I use whatever the players I take offer, frankly, so long as they're not Initiators or SoP because I'm arbitrary like that.

There is a feat tax in play, yeah.

Pretty closely until they get handy haversacks/muleback cords/whatever. Then it doesn't really matter anymore.

...Unless I start blasting you with spells that drain your strength, then I start looking into it again a bit more.

Item fusing is an ability you gain if you take mythic craft wondrous items. Basically lets you combine two wondrous items or even create transfer properties to different item slots.

Amazing but you need to be mythic to get it.
d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/mythic-craft-wondrous-item-mythic/

Have you tried unarmed?

But I just said how I use fusion in my game here user, it's a pretty common houserule I see in the games I play.

Not that user. Thanks. You still got slots?

I'm looking for three (3) players ideally to make a 4 player group. I'll probably select them this coming weekend.

Step one: remove waifu shit
Step two: make them like actual rats and not cliche rats. IE clean, sociable, and empathetic. Halflings with ears and tails, essentially.

I'm leery of online games, specially round here, no offense. If you are interested. Legendary just released a one-on-one prequel for CotCT. I could acquire it and you could run it so I could see how our games shake out.

DMPC or you already have 1 player?

Already got 1 player.

This was meant for

Reminder that rats laugh when tickled.

That's an interesting idea, and I can understand why you'd be leery. I guess I can give it a shot. My Discord is on any thread of my LFG.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne

Nigga that is kawaii as fuck

makeyourgamelegendary.com/products-page/adventures/orphans-of-the-hanged-man/

I'll check it out. Thanks

Watch out for this one guys, several Anons have already reported that this GM's bff is a troublemaker.

Is that the meta-gamer I read about a few threads back?

I don't know about metagaming but this guy has 1 million issues and a few players I know says that he's a troublemaker. So I guess metagaming would be the least of your concerns.

It's a bit disheartening to hear that over and over when I've just spent my entire weekend adding and expending to the game to hopefully give the smoothest experience I can.

If you don't wanna join because of that, though, I understand still. I guess it doesn't matter that the player in particular just came out of a several months long campaign with me, with them being the hardest working and most productive party member.

Sooooo. Does quick draw include quick sheath.

Welcome to tight knit communities user. If you act like a shit then word quickly gets around and you have no one to blame for it but yourself.

You need mixed combat to get that shit to work.

Get a glove of storing I guess.

Wasn't even saying that. I'm always of the opinion to judge for myself. Does your one solid player have a char up on your 20?

If I were to join, I'd probly go Vigilante using Legendary content. I can provide if necessary.

Hey, do you guys know of any gunslinger archetypes that use int instead of wis? Or any other way to finagle a firearm-using character that uses high int? I recently lost a character in our 11th level game and I was looking at a gunslinger to replace him, as they would fill a relatively similar slot in the party. But, guns are very early in the setting we're playing in. Like a crazy gnome who made himself into a construct made the first firearm in the game a few sessions ago. It makes more sense at this point that a really smart but not very careful person would be doing this kind of work on firearms than someone with good sensibilities and a stable personality. Also, crazy little gobbo or rat-man with big explody things would be awesome to play.

What do you guys think the most fun curse is for a gestalt oracle/bard with a dancing focus? Also archetypes if any spring to mind. I have a few ideas but can't quite make up my mind.

So is Reviewanon going to delve into Dragons2 apps?

Tfw wont get reviewed because Im a resubmit that already got touched up

They do yeah.

Long story short, might be missing details since it's 8 AM and I haven't slep at all and I'm heading for a nap after this post: a Lunar dragon bloodline bloodrager, bastard daughter of a Chelaxian noble who had an affair with a Shoanti girl. The Chelaxian easily denied the child as it ressembled neither him or the Shoanti mother, as the girl was tall with blonde hair (that turn silver when they bloodrage). This also spared her from the typical stereotypes and prejudices attributed to Shoantis, and her mother raised her like a 'normal' Korvosan to try to give her to have as normal a childhood as possible out of love. Unfortunately, it resulted in a girl that, while nice and trying to stand for good, identified as neither Chelish or Shoanti, and lacking a group that she felt she could belong to.

So, to try to give sense and meaning to her life, she joined the Korvosan guards to try to spread some good deeds around, but the amount of red tape she'd face and how thin the ressources were spread was too annoying for her to handle and she left their ranks.

Then, she became some kind of vigilante, striking against those that would lash out against the least fortuned, becoming in the process the big sis of her own circle of kids. Unfortunately, Gaedren had other plans, for he kidnapped one of these children precious to her, and now she hopes to get Gaedren to pay, and perhaps rescue a poor soul for Lamm's Lambs?

I'm tentatively impressed. I've never even read CotCT so I have no idea how much is HB. I'll have a look and get back to you. Thanks.

If I put 3 levels into unchained rogue and go unchained barbarian the rest of the way in order to play a dex-based barbarian, should I be using a two-handed finesse weapon or dual wielding?

May as well twf and get piranha strike.

What a Horser!

Feels bad man

>Tall, blonde super-woman fighting crime both above and below the badge

Now we need a straight laced guardsman who plays by the rules.

I'd make it but I already applied as a zen archer

Ophelia is pure! PURE! She doesn't lay with horses!

Cop. Vigilante. How do you round out the rest for maximum crime fighting?

What's the diametric opposite of the Bloodrager?

A class that's all about getting angry and using magic in melee is paired with a class about being calm and studious using mundane methods at range.

... Slayer?

An actual vigilante, a warrior of the streets, a cop and an Asmodean lawyer

Investigator.

CN Slayer and LN Warpriest? I assume the Bloodrager is CG, and the cop is some LG.

Shame Paizo decided that you can't be a ranged investigator, they'd make great archers if they didn't go out of their way to fuck that.

Hey, /pfg/, I could use some help.

Short question: Which non-Druid divine spellcaster is best suited to be a melee caster?

Long question: Which class would fit this concept the best?

Heavy Armor and all Martial Weapons - Willing to take a 1 level dip into fighter for this.
Two-Handed Weapons - This prevents me from jumping into magus because several of their class features/feats/archetypes specify 1-handed weapons.
Spellcaster - I was hoping for Arcane, but the spell failure chance from heavy armor is too risky, and all my feats will be tied up, and so I'm settling for divine. Something capable of casting at least 6th level spells, unless the 4th spell level caster has a really good spell list. I was thinking about focusing on either debuff spells, or elemental damage.
Half-Orc - I'm open to other races, but I'm hesitant to take anything outside the more human looking ones.

The groups rules are, 6th level, Paizo - Pathfinder books only, no custom races or any worth more then 20 RP, 2 traits.

What do you think?

Hunter?

Metal Oracle?

Warpriest, inquisitor, hunter, cleric, oracle, or shaman!

I hadn't considered that, but I really didn't want to take an animal companion.
I'll look into that.
I'm not sure you understood the question.

Oracle is probably your best choice. 6th level casters are kind of weak when it comes to using spells offensively(and divine casters are disadvantaged when it comes to blasting to begin with), and I don't think other full casters can easily get all the proficiencies you want.

Alternatively, clerics get proficiency with the favored weapon of their god, and some of the domains offer better options for blasting, such as fireball.

you can be a hunter without an animal companion, in fact, the best hunter archetype trades theirs away

Is there really an animalless hunter?

Feral Hunter.

>gives up animal companion
>best hunter archetype

So, Vigilante archetype for CotCT, any suggestions?

welcome to paizo

Straight laced guard by day violent punisher by night

Serial Killer.

If I wanted to be a complete trickster dickass in battle, would I want to play a rogue or a bard?
I've already chosen I just wanna know what you guys think

I like it. Evil chars disallowed.

>tfw I might be interested in playing that character

Wouldn't full ham be the vigilante woman lost a partner in the line of duty, and the straight-laced exemplar of the law is a newbie fresh from Magnimar with an illustrious family history of service, and wants to get close to her but she doesn't want to lose another partner she's come to care for?

Alchemist.

Dexter isn't evil

What is a Dexter?

Omelette du fromage

A strong start but disappointing finish.

Like most sex.

Thought it was like a Boston Pancake.

I think you're doing it wrong

A miserable pile of episodes
I meant the live action TV show, not Dexter's explodatorium

Interesting, but wouldn't really work for the character I had in mind. When I make a plague knight ripoff for some other game though I'll try it, obviously

Still ain't pickin' up whachoo puttin' down

It was a TV show featuring a serial killer who only killed other serial killers.

Ah, the anti-hero.

What is a man?

I'm just throwing bits and pieces of artwork that I think might fit this woman, sorry if it's irrelevant to the discussion.

Anyone got any tips for Getting a pc to deal out Infernal pacts? Is it possible without homebrew?

I looked into hunter and it looks okay, except I refuse to play the majority of shape shifters. Especially ones who can only turn into animals.

Metal Oracle is shaping up to be something interesting, thank you for the recommendation.

What, to get out of the deal? Usually the only way to trick the devil is to beat the devil at his own game. I recommend putting ranks in Perform (Strings.)