Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Daemons are the best and most powerful faction.

>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=rMGD9QcWBsg [Remove]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (AI, law 2, restrain the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2016/10/40k-data-cards-going-going-almost-gone.html
youtube.com/watch?v=skPWuWirh3Y&t=218s
mega.nz/#!TsABhZjY!TkIrva0XbDAVvj6sfeume7IyuYL0WRCycC1SyElr0_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First and only first

why are many datacards for factions oop? how does that make any sense at all?

the game is designed to be used with those cards yet i cant buy them. the fuck

2n for Blood Angels

Fairly new player here.

How does this look? I've noticed the struggle of small numbers with my GKs, so it seems like the easiest way to add an anvil to the GK hammer is a guardblob.

Any veteran Slaanesh players that can tell me if it's a good idea for me to ally in a keeper and some daemonettes+seekers to supplement my CSM rapture battalion full of noise marines ?

Why grenade launchers?

S6 assault weapon, might as well just to give them a little poke.

they're dropping the cards altogether

Sure but a flamer is just better 99% of the time.

Slaasnesh daemons are lightning fast bust squishy. Make them cheap and run them up the table to absorb fire.
KoS is the the only greater daemon without jink/improved toughness but it's also the cheapest, give it two greater gifts and make it level 3.

Priests dont take up any force org so cannot be your mandatory HQ, you need a company command or tank commander.

source?

i love the idea of cards.

should i maybe switch the KoS out for a demon prince ? less killy, but has power armour and wings

A KoS with some greater rewards and a soulstealer for longevity or a slothful claw for S10 can be a great tool especially with it's telepathy access.

Depends on the version of Priest. There is even a priest that is not a character but has the same stats and rules.

The Guard one, does not count thou

Post yfw Roboute's sword can't be used against an Avatar thanks to Soul Blaze and Molten Body

Admittedly he'd still probably win that fight thanks to Smash

the last I heard of it was here
belloflostsouls.net/2016/10/40k-data-cards-going-going-almost-gone.html

>mfw based Bloodletter is about to split the Slaneeshi whore in half

Why is that funny? It'd be stupid if the god-avatar that's made of molten lava that is immune to even the hottest melta weaponry and the fiery fusion of a star got burnt just because the sword once belonged to the Emperor.

It's not some special magic fire-but-not sword, it's just a very nice sword that happens to be on fire.

>bloodletter charges a KoS
>KoS kills it at i10

It's funny because the mega-strong-destroyer-sword is completely useless against an Avatar just because GW felt like tacking on a rule that's statistically as powerful as a single bolt pistol shot.

>implying tabletop = fluff
>implying an exceptionally skilled Bloodletter couldn't concievably defeat a KoS just like excepcionally skilled individuals don't kill supossedly stronger foes all the time
>implying all Khornate things aren't inherently superior to Slaneeshi things
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes let me feel your anger the experience is delightful.

there there

Same with Magnus and Yncarne.

But I asked myself: Is he even allowed to use "no" melee weapon? Doesn't the rulebook say you can only use S:S AP:- Melee if you don't have a melee weapon?

I wonder, could he still use the fist? or are they used as a pair only

>implying anger would feed the whore god
Nice try faggot.

KILL ALL SLANEESH FAGGOTS

the rule leak said
"something, something together."

I think it is a combined melee profile.

What's a good source of plague zombies?

Mantic?

Or am i better off just converting my plaguebearers? (though they're on 32 mm bases.)

What are the themes of Genestealer Cults supposed to be making fun of?
Communist revolutions?
Labor unions?

Antifa.

MUST. START. GC.

The thing with daemons princes and greater daemons.
Greater daemons are better than princes and generally cost less but completely specialized towards one area.
Daemons princes are slightly weaker and more costly but you can customize them however you like.

KoS is cheaper, has +1 toughness and attack as well as higher initiative.
But
A prince can buy armour and wings and also is able to roll on psychic tables other than telepathy and Slaanesh.

Unless you some a specific job in mind I'd stay with the KoS

And a dash of apocalyptic/ascendance cult.

And so we see the defense mechanism of the khornetard, spouting meme talk and showing a superiority complex.
You can almost taste the tears.

Swarm Overqueen when?

Tyranids with wacky personalities when?

Has anyone mathhammered a fight between Smashfucker and R.Girlyman yet?

When Orks become T1 and marines are reduced to one faction.

SMASHFUCKER PRIME Vs. Rawbutt Girlyman
Rawbutt uses his Hand of Dominion, because denying Smashfucker his 2+ Feel No Pain is more useful than re-rolling to wound. In this case, Rowboat hits 3.333 times, and wounds 2.778. Smashfucker's Invuln brings that down to 0.0771, and IWND down to 0.
Smashfucker strikes back, hitting 2.333 times, and wounding 1.944 times. Rowboat's invuln brings that down to 0.972, and IWND down to 0.639.
Smashfucker wins again.

Revolutions
Cults
Establish religions
Idiots thinking that killing the rich solve the problems, there's always someone to dick you over by another name (once the Imperium is destroy on the planet the Nids come in and dicks them over)
Anti-anything

Basically any group deluded enough to think violent revolution changes anything

>Nids come to Baal
>The planet is overrun
>The Hive Minds absorbs Sanguinius' body and soul
>Sanguinius becomes the Avatar of the Hive Mind

That's pretty damn solid advice user. Thanks.

Guess i'll do a KoS in the loadout some other user recommended, and a DP in my CSM decurion with a blissgiver and power armour.

And they say 40K isn't funny anymore....

Fuck off with the name, you have no reason to have it on so take it off fag.

It is still funny.

Main example Tau, their models and lore being abuse to sell "big center pieces"

The fucking hell is that math?
Guilliman would use the emperors sword to get the D, ensuring him victory in 6 rounds, or 3 game turns.
Smashfucker does 3 attacks, brought down to 1.5 hits, down to 1.25 wounds, 3++ brings that down to .416..., and fnp brings it down to .277... Unsaved wounds.

That means SMASHFUCKER PRIME needs 21.6 rounds to remove all of guilliman's wounds, long after the 6 rounds needed for guilliman to kill him.
Guilliman wins by a large margin.
The only one who matches guilliman is scoria, which is a functional tie that's basically determined by if guilliman gets back up, and magnus.

LotD Ferrus when?

1d4chan math.

the cult book is a goldmine

I can almost forgive them for omitting Ichar IV completely.

Those this means New Celestine can kite Girlyman to death?

I think not.

Sooo, question. Why is 1d4chan hated here? I thought it was maintained by people from Veeky Forums

The awkward moment when that is more Tau fluff friendly than the retarded fluff for the Xbox Huge suits they put up for sales sake

>Veeky Forums is one person

>Surprising at Veeky Forums inherent lack of cohesion

Mate, Veeky Forums hates everything Veeky Forums does. Veeky Forums is no exception.

I actually like 1d4chan

What about Girlyman vs Necrons? I plan on getting Girlyman just because I like his model and I'm thinking about playing them vs a friend's Necron horde.

Because all the cancerous newfags use 1d4chan to fit in.

Same with Skubfantasy vs Age of Skub.

not really. It'd be a losing game, since guilliman's gun can pop the bodyguards even if she manages to HnR and spawn a new one.

Do not Pursue Lu Bu, man.

Is.....is this a jab at social justice?

the cult of the four armed emperor is a religion of peace

Mmkay, but besides that, is it useful? I haven't come across anything truly abhorrent or bullshit advice that is nigh unusable

1d4chan by itself is fine.
It's got some old jokes that aren't that funny anymore, but its Veeky Forums history.
The issue comes in when newfags and redditors come here saying shit like "fuck matt ward, he's the problem with everything! Ultramarines suck, and GW is the worst thing ever!!!1!"
I one time had a legitimate redditor who is afraid to go to Veeky Forums tell someone in my DW party to go to 1d4chan to learn about 40k lore, rather than lexicanum or the actual codexes. Which is the real issue, many 1d4channers aren't from Veeky Forums, but they don't feel the need to lurk moar because they read 1d4chan.

There is a saying "the price of tolerance is treason/death" fuck if I remember from where that came from

It also means it's a stewing pot with the condensed essence of Veeky Forums lowest common denominator.

Everything good and bad turned to 11 and then multiplies by the general ratio of shitposter/opinionated autist/actually knowledgeable people willing to spend time doing work.

Fucking bravo, GW.

Guilliman will obliterate any necron in combat, they don't get resurrection protocols against the D, and even the decurion is just regular 5+ because of the swords S:10.

As useful as reading a 40k general thread.

To be fair Necrons beside being annoying to kill they are rather shits.

I see, thank you. So basically, if I combine info from here and there and weed out the bullshit, I'll be fine

That's actually scary as fuck. When people learn about W40k from fucking summarized memes. 1d4chan needs to put a huge red-disclaimer that it's a fucking satire site, not a fucking guide for fantasy franchises.

>says this while sounding incredibly mad
Yes. You asshurt feeds my God.

throne of fortress of hera

For fuck sake, another marine faction?

Wonder why people buy marines? Well because it is the only thing that regularly updates and have things to buy.

>When people learn about W40k from fucking summarized memes

Before 1d4 the same people learned from the opinionated neckbeards down the LGS.

How the fuck does GW expect people to get into 40k with Gathering Storm if the books and models together are hundreds of dollars together including an army to get started plus the armies to recreate the scenarios from the books?

Or is this whole event just to squeeze money from neckbeards, as usual.

from bols video
youtube.com/watch?v=skPWuWirh3Y&t=218s

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an ideology that GW hasn't thrown shade at in one way or another

Often outdated, and often bad, but if you're decent you can weed out the truly bad nobnaught jokes and figure out something that's useful-ish.

>Florida_mugshot.png

It's to squeeze money from people who already own the factions.

It's why the imperium gets two sets of characters while the relatively unpopular chaos gets nothing.

It's a Veeky Forums derivative.

Anyone taking it seriously deserves the ridicule.

They are doing the same things that killed fantasy.
Milking 40k so hard that eventually consumers will simply stop buying.

Look at fantasy till 6th and then look what they did after.

Same pattern of retardation.

>Aeldari
Howling Banshee my sides.

I revel in your despair

Cats for the cat god

no new chaos models in gathering storm trilogy new chaos stuff come later ;)

Chaos is getting squatted.

>How the fuck does GW expect people to get into 40k with Gathering Storm if the books and models together are hundreds of dollars together including an army to get started plus the armies to recreate the scenarios from the books?
They don't, because GS bundles aren't for new players, that's stuff like SC boxings or the transport+squad boxes.
GS stuff is like FW models like titans, it's designed for people who already have armies to buy to add onto their collection.

WHFB End Times saw a relatively large spike in sales, so they're doing the same thing (lots of campaign books with variant lists for existing ranges, combined mega-factions, and big show-piece models) for 40k. The only question is how Sigmar'd we're going to get.

no... big releases for chaos coming later. wait & see ;)

mega.nz/#!TsABhZjY!TkIrva0XbDAVvj6sfeume7IyuYL0WRCycC1SyElr0_U

White Dwarf March, In case of u missed it, or visit /aosg/ for the pdf!

Because unfunny memes, outdated information, and fan theory shit

That bit about the Dark Eldar being the Kennedys still cracks me up to this day

Oh boy more space marine stuff, how interesting. Whens 8th edition?

ynnead need slaanesh to fight

Anyone got photos of the new Ultramarines stuff in the book? I'm kinda torn, on the one hand I'm happy as fuck my boys in blue finally get some love, on the other hand I think stuff like relics should be generic and not chapter specific and expansion books are cancer.

>mega.nz/#!TsABhZjY!TkIrva0XbDAVvj6sfeume7IyuYL0WRCycC1SyElr0_U
Omnissiah bless you, child

;)

>The only question is how Sigmar'd we're going to get.
Based upon what we know now, only a little bit. RotP ends with the imperium fractured in some way, and bobby G calling for a new GC to fix the issue.
Which is actually much better than I expected, change without squatting.
It'll be interesting to see what GW decides to do with the fractured imperium as it's reclaimed over the next 2 years. I would assume that it won't be as bad as the old night since the inquistion, ecclesiarchy, IG and most importantly the Space Marines are still around to prevent everything from going to hell in a hand basket, but we'll definitely see quite a few of the members of those groups using the opportunity to try and forge their own empire. Should be pretty fun actually, especially when some of the other loyalists come back to help out with the conquest.

And hey, with guilliman back the imperium can actually make new stuff. I for one welcome more new models because of our blue overlord.