/hhg/ horus heresy general -30k

Dreaming of a Terran unification book trilogy edition

>THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>

Dark Angels suck

Hold brother, thy choler is up

Let us swear an oath of moment on Caliban to cease this foolishness.

are Raptora Breachers actually worth their price now?

Is there any other Luna Wolves color / insignia image than book 1 mk2 version and book 7 mk4 version page?

t. salty Night Lord

Sure why not.
Could see them being super nasty in ZM with the extra plus one invul.
Plus a kit bash with TK shields would look pretty boss.

Why the shitty thread picture?

3 destroyers down, 7 to go.

These look great, but aren't you going to paint the scroll on the power fist?

Yes

Looks cool, can destroyers take melta bombs tho?

Nah a real scroll would have burnt off either from the toxic gear they're using, or from activating the power fist.

They're counts as Phosphex. I was gonna paint tiny radiation symbols on them but my free hand isn't good enough.

These are beautiful. Destroyers are my favourite thing about 30k and you do them such justice and more.

It's time to paint. What are your hobby goals for this week /hhg/?

Am I the only one who likes pre-Primarch 1kSons colours? They're very heraldic. Very knightly.

I used GK psyk-out grenades with the skulls on them.

This week I'm planning finishing building a Triaros and 10 Secutarii peltasts. If I get time then I want to undercoat them and start painting my mechanicum force. Going for a metallic green look (leadbelcher sprayed over the model then thin tamiya clear green coats on relevant armour plates).

>when your post-human veteran of a thousand wars finds out he's actually a model in a miniature wargame

Talladega knightly?

>When the warp kicks in

I hate you, but only because of how good that was. Fuck you. You're awesome.

Draft a 2000pt Tsons list, and rummage through my cabinets for spare hulls and get some balsawood

Still trying to decide what legion to start. It's going to come down to doing a couple of test models and seeing which I prefer/which I can better do justice, but I'd want to build them in different marks: if I do Iron Hands I'd want to do them in Mk III; if I do Blood Angels I'd want to do them in Mk IV. So I can't just grab a single box to do test models, and buying two boxes will leave some left over, so trying to work out the cheapest way to do this, and generally being a procrastinating little shit as a result.

The simple answer is Mechanicum

You monster.

That was actually the third option, but given I'd be in it for the tanks (krios, triaros and macrocarids, not reductor artillery) not the robots, I'd probably be missing the point.

Paint a 15 man TS tactical squad.

Now that Inferno is out, and all the late edition 40K furfaggotry is missing from the Sixth Legion, how many people expect bandwagon fans to jump on the Vlka Fenryka?

Ordo Reductor spams tanks and artillery and pretty much nothing else

Also that's Monstrous Creature to you

>the Vlka Fenryka

Fuck off with that shit.
Nothing worse than being to embarrassed to call a Legion/Chapter by it's proper name.

Finish my fucking AL seekers. I've had B@C for over 12 months now, and still havent painted everyting. fuck me i have only finished my fuckign termintors, takes me so long

how do you motivate yourself to paint /hhg/?

I can't wait for all the Current Edition furfags to jump to 30k. Deathsworn wulfens, plain wolf guard terminators, grey hunters as grey slayers, thunderwolf jet bikes, etc.

Most of my Wolves are 1991 beakies in actual gray paint jobs, so I look more like a Scouring era force, or a late Heresy refit. I have bought a total of two miniatures since 2002.

I've painted up 2 bac boxes, and started my mechanicum in that time user, gitgud.

HOW!?
even when i do paint, i am so slow, ahhhhhhhhhhh

>thunderwolf jet bikes
AKA Leaping Wolves

>tfw no helmet

Looking to start building a Dangel Army capitalising on their Close Combat rules, mostly by equipping them with as many swords as possible and using special ammo to debuff WS5 enemies. I'm aware this isn't the best tactic, but man I love me some medieval knights.

Question is: what do you guys reckon would be the best cc unit to drop my Praetor in?

Force yourself into a painting routine and stick with it, don't stop until everything is done. Become familiar how much you can paint in a specific time (a day, a week etc.) and structure your painting schedule.

Nope, you can do just fine without Reductor arty in a mechanized list, even if it is nice to have about. Use the Reductor variant anyway, buffs still excellent, take an Archimandrite, Secutarii Axiarch and a Magos Reductor. Use the Titan Guard as your line troops after 2 comp Thallax, units of 20 Peltasts in Triaros or 12 Hoplites in an Arvus. Then add some Myrmidon Destructors in a Macrocarid, which can be Decima's DT if loyalist, and a battery or two of Krios Venators, plus maybe some Vulturax or Lightnings, then add whatever. Bingo, list that can do most things, even if it might struggle slightly against Custodes due to lack of S10. Avoid vanilla Krioae and the Karacnaros as a rule, all other Mechanicum vehicles are shiny as hell.

People always obsess over killing high T monstrous creatures when dealing with Mechanicum, too, so you'll have some of the element of surprise for a while.

Not the best choice by any means but I am making a 10 man weapon master veteran squad to accompany my praetor in games. Add other consuls and apothecaries to flavour.

Fuck, you are right user, i will do this! i will make a schedual for myself . Cheers man

Someone mentioned Flesh Tearers finding a Lunawolf in stasis in 40k. What happened to the poor guy? Deathwatch or execution?

All with axes should add, plus some stasis grenades, 40 WS5 S5 AP2 attacks on the charge, 30 for every round after that. The stasis grenades debuff anything that might be a problem for their WS5.

I think he was brought up to date with everything that had happened to the galaxy then he got mad and stole a space ship and flew away. It was only a throwaway bit of fluff from the Black Legion supplement.

Nice, could drop combi nade-launchers with stasis shells to ensure that WS drop as well. Might steal this idea.

Reeeeee. Deserter!

Is there a difference between buying the Dark Vengeance starter set and buying something like the Dark Angel Gauntlet Tactical Squad? I'm trying to get starting playing DA and I'm not sure how to format my army, looking around 1000 points since that's what my LGS plays. I'm holding off on the codices since I don't want to get hamstringed by 8th edition. What are some "safe" buys until then?

Does a TS Assault Squad sound like a good idea?

>20 Assault Marines
>+1 HoW from jump pack
>+1 HoW from Arcana power
>40 HoW attacks on the charge

He probably saw the state of the Imperium for himself and then joined a local Deathwatch chapter as a Blackshield.

This is 30k, if you are meant to be here the BaC or BoP sets will serve you better. If not then find the 40k general in the archives.

Wrong thread chum, I'd hop it before someone gets mad.

to get all those HoWs, you'll need that every model is in bse contact with the enemy at Initiative 10. 20 models will hardly manage to do that, unless you spread them well (which might make you pass on terrain and lose 2" to charge speed.

I know Mk3 jump packs aren't fluffy but damn it's cool

Good point. Then maybe I should just run 1 squad of 10? 20 HoW attacks for half the cost! Or is it too gimmicky and situational?

One issue I can see is you need to get into base-to-base contact to make a HOW hit, which may be tricky with 20. There's probably a magic number that means you're not wasting points on extraneous models, but have enough dudes to absorb casualties/get plenty of HOW hits, but damned if I know what it is.

Are Iron Warriors a viable chapter to play? I really like their aesthetic but I havent seen many lists.

It's interesting, but maybe giving them combat shields and Raptora would be better?

>not using dark vengace in your games
pff i bet you dont even use death watch models for raven guard

Only if other players in your meta make you bitter

Ride the iron fire brother

>but I havent seen many lists.
Is this your first thread? IW are one of the most popular legions.

Seeing that production MkVIs and their machinery were rescued from Mars during the Schism, SW were on Terra during the Heresy and there's art of MkVI SW on Prospero,

There's really no evidence that some legions didn't use certain marks and any claims that they didn't are usually backed up with "because I don't like it, get out of muh 30kay, reeeee!"

To my shame its true, however I've been thinking of proxying Wulfen as some kind of early Black Dragons prototype...

please dont, i was jokeing around. wulfun are the worst space marine models around, pleaase plase please dont

Lol relax user, I was being mean about the guy that got shouted out of HHG and WIP a few weeks back for his "heresey era BD prototypes".

Yeah it is my first thread. I used to play warmachine but my LGS went balls deep in warhammer so I'd like to make the switch. I guess my problem was not knowing the difference between 30k and 40k. I saw 40k CSMs painted as IW and assumed it was the same thing and the 30k name was appended because of Forge World...

oh jesus why

Except Vlka Fenryka is the proper name.

Nah, it's the stupid Abnett Name created in Prospero Burns.
Meanwhile Space Wolves goes all the way back to Rogue Trader.

I bet you call the Legionnes Astartes "Space Marines".

>+3 points for combat shields

Wow. I didn't notice that. I don't know though. I'll stew on it some more, but the combat shield+raptora combo would give the unit survivability past the deep strike turn.

I bet you call the Astartes Ultra "the ultramarines"

What is the hatred of Space *noun*?

It's not "Space Wolves", it's "Vlka Fenryka." It's not "Space Sharks" it's "Carcharodons." It's not "Space Marines" it's "Legiones/Adeptus Astartes."

>it's the Stupid Annette Name

Prospero burns was the last breath of good SW fluff for a decade until inferno

Sounds like something children would call their little toys before bashing them together in a game of makebelieve over a table counter using imaginary daydreams written in a digital scrapbook.

>What is the hatred of Space *noun*?

Immature people thinking they're mature by rejecting perceived immaturity for something they perceive to be more mature.

It's called High Gothic, pleb.

Too busy to slog through anything.
Maybe finally finish my Imperial Fists Praetor I've earmarked the 2015 Centurion as.

So, why aren't all legions, chapters, regiments, etc. named as such?

I bet you call the Praetoria Mortalis "the Death Guard".

And people actually trying to say "Vlka Fenryka" sound far more stupid than those saying "Space Wolves."

QUICK LET'S NAME ALL THE LEGIONS IN HIGH GOTHIC.

This is correct.

test both and them share results with us!
Don't forget to add a chaplain there

I pronounce it "Vul-ka"..

Filii Mille

It's not "Vlka Fenryka" it's
"Spatium Rapaces."

I say 'Vyl-ka'...

Iron Hands: "Ferrus Manus".

WAIT A MINUTE

Wait, got a better one:
Milia Filiorum

I've been using a unit of assault marines with combat shields as ALfag, and they've done nicely so far.

But ofcourse the latest legion does it better.

>Angelis Tenebris
>Imperator Filori
>Ferrum Pugnacii
>Alba Lucendii
>Lupus Spatii
>Dominus Nocti
>Ferrus Manus
>Orbis Devorandum
>Ultramarinus
>Praetoria Mortalis
>Filorum Millenius
>Luna Lupii
>Signifier Logii
>Praetoria Corvus
>Legiones Unum

...huh

Verbum Ursi.

what weapons do you give them?

I did it in the name of My Dudes, not quite expecting the amount of autism I'd get here.

No one I play with cares, at least. Though I'm limiting myself to one wulfen-leg squad (at least in part cause they're a pain in the dick to convert). Might get Gal Vorbak and cover up the WB icons if I feel the need for more heresy.

>Imperium Pugnacii
>Draconii