Last time on Song of Swords:
They forgot to edition it, the fools.
New characters for the tournament.
Reminiscing about killing Sulla and dooming the world
Arguments about Strength, which are so 2013

The KS link & Opaque's website
kickstarter.com/project
songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9Gv

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wi

We also have a Discord now, at discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
And a Rediit: reddit.com/r/SongofSwor

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

Last Thread: The Legend is stronger than ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/
kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q
reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5xv0jk/song_of_swords_beta_play_audio/
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?799560-Song-of-Swords-beta-play-audio&p=20888308#post20888308
app.roll20.net/join/346755/
app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
youtu.be/BWMYO94RYFg?t=5m21s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And once again the links are fucked.

reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game

mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Does anyone know why Libreoffice Writer for Ubuntu won't paste full links? I'm baffled.

It's because you're not using an actual editor like emacs, a tex manager, or something like kate.

>Not vi

vi and emacs are basically interchangeable, from what I've found it really comes down to what you're used to. Both are good at what they do.
Has anyone made LaTeX character sheets before?

Fair warning in four hours I will be dropping my Vis. Noble (NOT +) for the GM tier because I like printed goodies and I gave myself a week to think of something interesting enough to be satisfactory and have not been able to.

If you want a Vis. Noble and want it badly keep those fingers on the trigger, four hours.

I fucking love SoS Paladins.

I made the sheet for my Ballad Tournament character with latex. But I think, for actually designing a nice and usable sheet using scribus might be better. Easier to do fancy stuff, and can make fillable and calculated fields. I've started to make a (ugly) one. But it's far from usable.

Anyways, this is the latex sheet. Ugly AF. but whatevs. It served its purpose back then I guess.

>kickstarter is stalled, numbers barely rising
>no new stretch goals
>discussion back almost to pre-kickstarter levels
>now even the thread folks are dropping their backing to lower tiers
Kickstarter confirmed for dead due to Jimmy falling asleep on the job.

Yeah this is ugly as fuck

>STILL a male Iconic Visionary left
This is some infinite stratos shit

Right, fuck this, time to leverage that podcast that was made.

reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5xv0jk/song_of_swords_beta_play_audio/
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?799560-Song-of-Swords-beta-play-audio&p=20888308#post20888308

The projections keep rising. Just stop talking dude you don't know what you're on about.

>>now even the thread folks are dropping their backing to lower tiers
These colours don't run.

No they don't. The cone keeps getting tighter. The lower bound is rising slightly, but the upper bound is falling - in fact, falling slightly more than commensurately meaning that the mean prediction is also falling a bit.

>now even the thread folks are dropping their backing to lower tiers
I just want the printed stuff, it's not like it won't get snapped up.

>Jimmy says everything's been a huge success
>people keep whining about kickstarter slowing down, like they usually do and about "muh projections"
kys

We get it, you're a little bitchboy, shut the fuck up

But it's ONLY 200% funded with less than two weeks to go!

Indeed, how Jimmy even dares to sleep when this catastrophe is happening is beyond me.

Let's teach him a lesson, and drop our pledges to lower levels.

Especially let's drop at least one visionary noble pledge down, that'd teach him.

At this point, does it matter for us? We may feel invested and want to see the project succeed, but everything is fine so long as we hit the last stretch goal, which we will.

25k get!

Picked up the last iconic, putting us past 25k.

Sleep well Mr Bird!

You're doing Genosus' work. Sleep well, Mr. Bird.

Dropping Vis. Noble in
1!

Go if you want it!

Sleep Well, Mr.Bird

What concept are you thinking of going with?

Thinking a Genosian priest with an aptitude for fencing.

Two of the Iconic will be priests then, we can only hope the banter is strong.

Dessian?

Hey guys

Go repost opinions in these threads:
It's fine if it's the same stuff that was said here last night as long as the threads look alive for shilling purposes. Also upvote the reddit one.

Zabaz is a "Dualling priest" whatever the fuck that means.

Did Zabaz get an iconic? I thought it was just Vis Noble.

The prize guy hasn't show his face since the tournament, if he doesn't Haki has said he'll give Zabaz his Iconic. Mighty noble of him.

Zabaz is Izagoni isn't he?

>app.roll20.net/join/346755/
Guys this is not the Roll20 link.

>app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
This is the Roll20 link, how did you even fuck that up?

Is he even really a priest? Maybe he's just called that because he evangelizes the khopesh so hard?

the joke is Haki has two iconics

wasn't it rhade?

Nah, it was some random guy, went by DoctorSlap on the disco.

I think he was Constipator in the R20.

The Conspirator. He is no longer in the Roll20 player thing, so that means he clicked Leave Game, and he hasn't shown hide nor hair since the tourney. He almost certainly isn't giving up his slot.

I blame the trains.

And the fact that most of us didn't post any backstories.

>Armor pretty much much is impossible to cut through with a sword. It takes like six bonus successes to damage someone in plate with a longsword cut if both have average stats.

Notice how you went straight to the second most powerful armor to make this claim, and it's still wrong. It's far from impossible to get 7 BS on a swing, and you only need 5 BS because you have power attack, which is easily doable especially if you steal initiative and have about CP 15. With that average CP your ability to cut through armor is limited by the target's ability to defend himself, not by the inherent property of swords not being able to cut metal armor.

Longswords shouldn't be able to cut through lamellar or brigandine, but those are only AVC 5, they only need 4 BS with a longsword, or 2 BS with a power attack, real easy.

You can stick a custom tight grip on any sword so go and drop those BS by another 1. But most swords are only +1c so it evens out back to the BS above

He probably pussed out when he realized he'd be spending 150+ dollars on a stranger's character.
now to wait for haki to spend 300 dollars on a stranger's character

Well he's under no obligation to, its was said as much at the start of the tournament. He made a non-binding offer and then retracted it.

Indeed, Haki is a man of great generosity to let me meme myself to victory.

This is why the Optional Rule should be the required rule. That and wound caps.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The fuck are you toading about?

I mean he linked a post so you know logically

Wound caps aren't strength caps.

Khop, are you going to change Zabaz's backstory when he gets put in? Being an evangelical priest from the land that none of it's native will discuss doesn't make much sense.

>it's still there
YOU TEMPT ME SEVERELY

Stop it Haki you've spent too much already D:

I would argue with anyone but trips.

I have a friend who may want to snap it up. Give her a shot of grabbing it.

The $25k goal has been unlocked for a while now.

They're probably running around trying to make up some new stretch goals to put on the end of the graphic.

They're probably getting ready for bed, preparing for a full day at work tomorrow because it'll be a Tuesday and they're all fully employed adults.

That's exactly why he got in so many duels, and why he can't come back.

I'm sure this is a conversation he and Jimmy can have.

>an evil bloodthirsty spirit lied & connived to get 19 fighters to wage a death battle in the sky

The elves did this.

youtu.be/BWMYO94RYFg?t=5m21s

So, /sos/, what would be the best for a Bakumatsu period game? Before the Boshin War, specifically. Ballad? Song of Swords? A mix?

Mostly ballad, with some SoS stuff like katanas n' shit.

>his strong on your weak like that
nigga on the left's about to get cut if spic on the right steps forward

>that parry

I'm not sure if you're baiting or not.

Ishin localization never :((((((((((((

Mostly SoS, with some Ballad stuff like guns n' shit.

How do unarmed attacks work with TZMs for this tournament? In the real world it is certainly easier to kick a guy in the shin or groin than it is to kick him in the jaw.

I have some questions if anyone feels like answering.

What's a good, introductory scenario for a new party of 3-4 people? I always liked Jimmy's little impromptu 'games' run in the thread, like the Zell dude taking the Ruvian to Mudakhistan or whatever the fuck it was.

How does combat 'run' when it's more than just a 1v1? It seems like there'd be a lot of book-keeping if you're running encounters for 3 people at the same time.

For a good introductory story, the classic Algenburg campaign is a good one. Players wander into a spooky town, get hired to find out what the spooking is, fight cultists and whatever you want the big secret to be. There's more lore details on the wiki and a good game someone ran somewhere in the archives. Just search for Algenburg.

As for combat, ignore the book rules. Use the Combat Update which is probably in the LaTeX document in the OP. The gist is, a round is three phases. Everyone with ADR 7+ acts in all three, everyone with 4+ acts in the second two, and everyone with 3 or less only acts in the last one. Everyone declares their intention in reverse order of ADR, that is lowest to highest, and then resolves it highest to lowest. If two or more people meet for melee, all of the fights are resolved at the end of the phase with their participants.

This guy gets it.

Tight grip should be limited to one handed weapons.

They should have started preparing for this ages ago when it became apparent that they'd definitely need more stretch goals. I mean, they asked for suggestions quite a while ago now. I can only assume that they need more concrete price estimates on the stuff they want to do before they can announce it with numbers attached, and somewhere along the line with potential producers there's been a hold-up.

Would be nice if Bones were to at least pop by and drop us a short list.

I prompted Jimmy to make a second TZM table for attacks originating below the waist. He said he liked the idea, but much like the rest of the rules, we haven't seen anything about it for a year or so.

We're discussing options. Cost, time, risk, all play a part. Part of my focus is to minimize risk so we can deliver everything as promised thus far on schedule.
At the same time we of course want to deliver as many awesome things as possible in terms of stretch goals. So we're exploring lots of options. The previous polling, ideation, etc you all did around stretch goals earlier was very helpful.

Could you guys give a small runthrough on what you are all working on at the moment?

Hay SoS we're 212% funded let's chill and have some creative fun to celebrate.

How do you feel about using the Ballad ProceduralGeneratedWeaponsdocument to roll up an armoury and then spitball about what kind of shithole in the void arms their men with then?

Go on, give me a d100.

Rolled 9 (1d100)

Haven't done one of these in a while.

It's a pistol first now figure what it's action is it'll always be a d100.

Rolled 67 (1d100)

Hokay!

A break action hmmm... not really common in active service. For practice or prison guards maybe?

What's it's capacity?

Rolled 10 (1d100)

There's also the size, if it's a holdout, a regular or an oversized one.

Rolled 80 (1d100)

Break-open holdout? Maybe it'll have like four barrels or something.

Good catch, so it's an oversized break action pistol so far.

Rolled 92 (1d100)

Brootal. Now to see what hueg caliber it is.

>RifleCaliber(Rollon BattleRifleCaliberTable)

Oh boy.

Rolled 17 (1d100)

I'll call it "The Icarus 2000" because it lays overconfident shooters low.

.303 Albish MTN 8
Wew lad

Give me two for size and reliability and we can summarise.

Rolled 90, 10 = 100 (2d100)

In order then!

So for our first weapon we have an...
Oversized break-action pistol that throws out .303 Albish at MTN 8, it's proper huge so you'd need an overcoat to hid it in so it's got Conceal [1] but it's got the Reliable quality.

Seems like a hunting pistol go wrong, gone right, gone Third World police force?

Anyway onto the next weapon, for speeds sake let's have two d100 each time now.

Rolled 62, 66 = 128 (2d100)

Rolled 98, 80 = 178 (2d100)

Maybe a home-built rural-insurgent weapon? Like a Kyber Pass AK or all the various VC spud-guns. They don't have the technical know-how for semi-auto so they go break-action and they have a lot of .303 Albish on hand, so you get this.