WIP General

Spilled nuln oil edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw [Open] [Open]

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU [Open] [Open]

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo [Open] [Open]
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

talkwargaming.com/2013/09/how-to-sculpt-hair-green-stuff.html?m=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finished my Sigismund for now. Used Lugft Hurons head as the one Forgeworld sculpted looked like he had Down Syndrome

think im done with this. atleast for now.

Wrong.

Tabletop standard is three colors and a wash, and is a term used for shit-average miniatures.

Stop using it unless you're trying to be a dick. This is your last warning.

Painting guides link is dead.

Does any one have high tier painting guide PDFs not just GW's basic bitch ones?

Just need to greensculpt on some hair and paint her and I'll have my first battle sister. What do you all think?

And another one

Friendos, what colours can i use to obtain a black skintone?

Painting eyes of plastic cadians Is a lot more difficult I find. Wonder why
Oh well, eyes look ok?

And the back.

Black

Oh, sorry by black i mean malcontent brown

There's a pdf in the op that discussing painting faces, shows how to paint negro skin there
Looks pretty good, you might need to fine sand the greenstuff so it's smoother though I can't tell if you did

Will these work for counts as stealth suits?

>4.11mb
I will never open your images if theyre this big.

>my last warning

lmao what are you going to do to me? call the internet police because someone hurt your fee wees?

sorry but your wolf models are not super amazing for a lot of reasons. I can numerate why they are table top at best if you want.

why?

Guy who posted. Is there a specific complaint you have or a reason that file size bothers you?

>Three posts in and already starting with the autistic ranting.

Shoo shoo stupid aussie

I'll need to so some smoothing yeah, but the shape and style looks good then? Acceptable as a Sister of Battle?

>saved the thumbnail thread mk2

fucking why

we need a folder for OP images so this travesty never happens again

also ignore the 'tabletop standard' autist, he's just triggered that he can't paint to display quality (like almost everyone else in this thread)

Why does it matter? No-one clicks on the OP pic anyway...

I do, and a funny and/or eye-catching OP pic sets the tone for the thread and attracts people to it. It's a faux pas only topped by not putting WIP GENERAL in the title field so people can't find it in the catalog.

Fuck off you nonce

I'm so damn sick of people saying triggered. Why can't you just say bothered or upset or angry or irritated like a reasonable literate human being and not use that fucking word like a mouth breathing brain dead retard tumble frequenting shite head.

get rekt babbyfaggot

triggered?

>being this autistic
Kek

being a thumbnail saving single digit IQ mong

lel

Cool m8

The English language and our shared culture is being mangled by idiots, and by adopting their vernacular you are validating their stupidity.

git rekt fgt

You're really bringing some quality to input to this thread, thanks mate.

Can we go back to talking about minis and painting now? Anyone know some good ways to sculpt hair? The method I've been using works alright, but I wouldn't mind learning some new things I could try.

Whats your method bro?

I start by rolling thin strands, which I then apply to the scalp one at a time. Once I've done that I go back with a razor and carefully add thin lines on each strand to add texture and simulate individal hairs. It takes a while, and occasionally I have to try two or three times before I get a satisfying result, but it makes decent looking hair. Still wouldn't mind being able to make better of course.

I also haven't figured out how to so anything but loose flowing hair. Trying to figure out braids or pony tails is sadly beyond me. I'm not an artist, just an enthusiast.

A lot better, but the carbines still bug me. I suppose trying to install actual burst cannons would be impractical, though.

After not painting for a few years I think I did a decent job.

So how do you do hair?

I found a method similar to yours, but instead of individual strands use a strip of strands.

talkwargaming.com/2013/09/how-to-sculpt-hair-green-stuff.html?m=0

Dont know if its of any use to you but it helped me.

I think for plaits you'd need to actually make a plait out of multiple strands then fix it to the model and then add the detail.

I'll probably just leave all my models bawld tbqh

See

Only began painting recently (this is my 4th ever figure).

What do you guys think, any suggestions on improvements?

Oddly enough that is the exact tutorial that lead me to what I do. I tried to in that but I just ended up fucking up. I'll have to try again.

Looks pretty good for a novice painter. The skin lacks definition though, something a wash will definitely help with. Then after the wash, if you feel confident enough, some highlights will help further the definition.

I was thinking of fluffing the carbines as being modified for a higher rate of fire and a coolant system being placed inside the grenade launcher. Would that be believable?

Working on a couple of Obliterators for an IW kill team. Never liked the available models, so I'm doing ground-up kitbashes. All legit GW parts, plus plastic stock and wire and Greenstuff, but nothing at all from the actual obliterator kit. Are people likely to sperg about that?
Related, but I have nothing for the legs right now- what would you guys recommend?

I personally love bashes, and I would have no problem with it. Can't speak about others though.

If people sperg about shit like that then they can go fuck themselves.

Ive always found the space marine centurions make nice bases for Oblits.

You can't use Obliterators in kill team. No 2+ saves and I don't think Heavy Support is an approved slot.

Oh, and to answer your question I would need to know what else you are using before I could make a recommendation for the legs.

It's a good excuse. A slight modification to the carbine would make it more beleivable (like physically replacing the grenade launcher with something), but it's not strictly necessary.

I have yet to meet anyone who has sperged over good conversions/scratchbuilds.

Depends on how you want your legs. I've used LOTR trolls as the basis for some similarly sized conversions before, but that might be too organic for Oblits.

No one should sperg about it. Use Centurions!

Thanks for the advice.

HoR rules allow Oblits as 'Special' and IW can take them as 'Core'

Anytime bro

Ah okay, HoR has different rules for unit selection. Regular GW wouldn't allow them solely due to the 2+ regardless.

Can I get some advice for washes over white armor? I worry that if I hit them with nuln it'll just make the minus dark and dingy. I want to get some shading, but I don't want to fuck up the white cause it was hell to do.

Anyone know of a good Harry Potter student proxy? I don't mean the character himself, I found like five of him. I mean Hogwarts students.

I can't even find a Ron or Hermione. Pic related was made by Brother Vinni but she's been discontinued. I could have sworn Reaper made one but I can't find it now.

If you have a look at the Forgeworld heresy painting guide (free on google), they use their own thing called a world eater wash.

Its basically part nuln oil, part drakenhof nightshide and part lahmium medium. Paint it directly over white and it gives a nice bluish grey tint in the recesses. Ive used it loads and swear by it for white now.

You don't wash white armour. You apply targeted recess shades. Agrax works fine with white.

Nowadays we call HoR Kill-team just HoR to avoid confusion like

Step 2.

See

see

The only thing I have mostly hashed out right now is the torsos, which are the armor from the IG Bullgryn kit with an ordinary chaos marine torso jammed inside and a head from the Prospero Mk. 3 marine kit. The torso and head are set low, and I'm running a bunch of wires and hoses from the back of the head to the back torso plus some green stuff to fill in the available space. I should probably MSpaint up the design as I'm picturing it so far.

Im not trying to be facetious user. I use it as a wash and it works fine.

See pic related

Reposting from last thread.
Help me make a battle plan to go from here.

I'll most definitely do something about those hooked whip mechadendrites, since they're too chaos.

Not sure if I should keep the Electro-Priest arms that I have on his chest right now or not (kinda hard to see in this image).
Looks too much like a regular ol' robot without them but might be too goofy looking with them. Alternatively, maybe use small robot pincers instead of the human arms.

Also disregard the pose for now, way mire slouched over than he should be.

Also this

Use small robot arms like the ones from the Kataphrons and set them lower, like in the stomach area.

>main colour white army
Well in that case I defer to your superior experience. I've only ever painted white power armour for apothecaries. Probably a lot faster the way you do it.

Those were exactly the ones I was considering, actually.

How did you do the arms on those. The legs I can figure our more or less (though I certainly wouldn't mind hearing it) but the arms have me stumped.

Working on an anvilus. Almost done with washing the main body. Highlights are next like the right side, then cleanup. Gonna try to keep it looking thousands of years old, though. Anyone have ideas.on how to make it.look more "dropped from orgit"?

So this was done with the mix described in the forgeworld instructions? And you just coated it on like a normal wash? Was there any cleanup needed after?

Not that guy, but there is absolutely no reason to say 'tabletop standard' other than to be a cunt. It was said to take him down a peg. Its inflammatory and he knew it.

It was dude. Just wash it all over and be mindful not to let it pool. Very minimal cleanup needed, but you can hit it with another layer of white scar if needed. Either way its a damn site easier than building up from grey etc.

>but I don't want to fuck up the white
you have to do your shading BEFORE taking it to pure white

When I paint white over black I start with astronomican grey, wash it with nuln oil, then start working up to pure white.

Crude MSpaint of what I have done or decided on so far. I'm using a lot of bits from the kataphron kit because it's a great way to get lots of guns cheaply. I wanna mount the flamer and phosphor blaster under the arms like some kind of servo-harness/T-rex hybrid. I'd like to put sensor units on the shoulders (like the ones on Deathwatch backpacks, or the devastator sargeant) or possibly some kind of missile launcher. I have lots of ideas for the powerplants, using some admech engine bits and lots of scratchbuilt exhaust pipes. I like the idea of using the Centurion bits, but I'm afraid that might look a little too dude-in-a-suit, though I for sure don't want to go too organic either. Would it make sense to just use the leg armor with some other parts underneath?
Arm suggestions appreciated as well.

Its inefficient, its unnecessarily large file size, the picture itself is too large, no one with a average data plan on their phone will open it, it shows your ineptitude at taking and uploading pictures.

Is that enough?

Love it

I don't think the guy sperging out even posted it

not sure if great or terrible

Too late for that I'm afraid. Here's to hoping this wash will work.

The latter. if i still had the model id have stripped and re-done, but it helps show the other user how the Forgeworld wash looks over white.

Nice tabletop standard reply

Knight models is releasing a line of Harry Potter soon, you can wait for that

Remember when /wipg/ was the best general on Veeky Forums? 0 shitposting, all on topic posting, worst you got was a guy getting upset their model is bad.
Now we have a shitpost for the entire thread while people who want criticism or help wallow in the shit.

>"Out of my way manlet shits!"
What can I add to my Smashfucker to make him look like a special character. All of my conversions end up a bit plain. Maybe chains? Plastercard?

you can reduce your filesize

The arms are actually really simple. Just the thighs from a Kastelan robot for the shoulder portion and the Kataphron Arc Claws for the hands and lower arm.

The legs are just Ironstrider legs armored with Kastelan and Ironstrider armor plates and Killa Kan feet.

Legs look a bit too long for my tastes.
As for your question: banners and cloaks and shit always work

Not really

Fancy helmet, no helmet and a cool face or a banner? I'm not too familiar with 30k lore & uniforms, but making him look less like a regular grunt is the way to go.

I thought a backpack turret would look better than a servo harness.

Mk.II work is underway. Trying out a different head. Currently pleased with the results, although it does seem a little large.

Probably going to build a saddle for the rider on this version, as well as play up the emaciated-look on the servitor-horse.

Also using a WHFB lance which will be converted up, rather than sticking with a standard taser lance.

Aren't legs usually the main thing extended for the true-scale? I thought I can extend the torso down a bit as well as the crotch thing?

This is great. And I don't even usually post anything on those threads, just lurk silently.

I was looking into that, but unfortunately they are 35mm and since its licensed the price will be fairly high when all I need is minis.