Warhammer 40,000 General

Blast from the past edition

>previous thread
>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=rMGD9QcWBsg [Remove]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (AI, law 2, restrain the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Do you think it's funny replacing the Duncan videos with gay unrelated trash? Fucking kill yourselves.

Alright /40k/, since guilliman is back we can expect new things to be invented by him and the ad mech in GC 2.0

So what is the number one thing you would want to see for your favorite imperium army? A new tank for IG, mk9 power armour, or spmething really creative, like actually good rough riders?

So, this doesn't work, right ? As CSM I can't take an allied detachment of CSM, the fact I pick them as word bearers while the main detachment is night lords doesn't allow me ?

Literally just copy pasted the whole thing from the previous thread, I didn't knew what shitty video was there instead of glorious Duncan.

Wrong image sorry

Does Chaos count? Because I'd like a blastmaster Predator tank please

What sect is the one depicted on all the Tau box art (that's not T'au)? I'm trying to find a style guide for it.

Word bearers and Night lords are more like sub-factions.

Asking about this for myself and my friend.

Has anyone scanned the Gathering Storm books yet?

it buuuuurns!!!!!

Tau'n.

Nevermind found it on the MEGA.

You guys are awesome.

Vior'la.

I'm really tempted to start of a Scions army. Deepstriking dudes in Caracas sounds like a blast.

I do like more variety in my armies though, so I was going to run them with a Castellans detachment. Right now the only things I'm settled on are a command squad with Volley guns, and a Manticore for the missiles. What other Imperial Guard or Scion stuff would be fitting or good for an army like that?

Its Vio'la. They switched to it after some guy in house did a model in the sept and it looked good under camera. Look up dunc's Ghostkeel video for an idea of doing the scheme.

Too bad, adding that 1d6 psychic dice once per game seemed so great, also I love my maulerfiend. Now I have to figure out another way to make it fit.

Also, obligatory OOGA BOOGA TAUFAG REE

Reposting from last thread because Necrons still scare me. He's taking a Monolith, and I know he likes Wraiths, are there any changes I should make? We both agreed to the 2% rule, 6pts over is fine.

Gotcha! Thanks anons!

It looks pretty cool.

>Step 1: Open your codex
>Step 2: Put on a blindfold
>Step 3: Select your units and upgrades randomly
>Step 4: Enjoy a viable Tau list
Did I do it right?

Farsights sword actually ABSORBS the souls of his defeated enemies. I don't think we've seen anything like that in Warhammer before, that's incredible

Tau only live to be like 40 at most. Farsight's been alive for a very long while.

The only non-faggot Tau are the Farsight Enclaves.

What is the best way to build a 1000 pts low model count tyranid army without GS cult? Is it even possible or maybe some factions are destined to be big swarm armies?

Bit different to how they used to paint Vior'la. I prefer the new way with the weathering though.

there's a slaanesh relic that does the same thing, gives back wounds as well

you're crazy, that list gets crushed by damn near everything

Personally I want the open-topped variant, but with an alt build that replaces the transport capacity with a walking Void Shield generator. Roll your maniples up in independent units of two transports shielded by one generator each, or similar, shooting all the way. Make the vehicles themselves fairly flimsy though.

>Random

Obviously not. Still a fair match for Orks though

9 models ok?

Don't be a normie, paint glorious sa'cea sept instead

So, with Gathering Storm and all, what do you want to see from the next Triumvirate boxes, assuming the same big guy, medium guy, small guy arrangement?

>Void Dragon, Silent King, some scrub cryptect

Any eyes / news on new GK character. I care not for Row Boats.(by Cypher could be kool too)

I love memes too, my friend

I'm curious how feasible it would be to so conversions for certain aspect warriors from other Eldar kits in order to get an all plastic force.

Shining spears seems like the easiest, since you just need to find something that can serve as a laser lance.

Fire Dragons could potentially be done with Dire Avenger bodies and Harlequin fusion pistols.

Swooping hawks would need the wings off the Autatlrch, which would get pricey. Also no real substitute for their helmets.

I could go for either or, honestly, but the tips on weathering white is a godsend. Now if only I was taught not to use a pure white before I ruined my Riptide...I'm waiting for the paint to fall off so I can try again.

Got tournament coming up and I can't for the life of me plan a list. Should I do something stupid like infantry Tau?

Imagine glorious lines of dozens of fire warriors with ethereals and some kroot packs advancing forwards. Supported of course by good old fashioned pathfinders.

Dorn, new model of helbrecht and grimaldus, MAKE BT VIABLE FOR GODS SAKES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>shining spears

silverhelm or dragon princes from AoS high elves, steal their riders or mix bits.

>hawks
just get some scourges and trim down their spikes

If you're doing an infantry based tau list break out the Fireblade and some hammerheads

Supposedly mostly in line with the generic grandmaster, except mastercrafted hammer, mastery 3, AdWill and a unique power. No idea if that's true, though.

>Big

Broadside commander with double Onager gauntlets focused on CC

>Medium/Small

Kroot HQ, bringing Prok back. Also, new Ethereal to replace the spacepope, preferably one who is less of a bitch

I hadn't thought of the second idea, I dig it. It fits the themes both of AdMech keeping all the best tech to themselves and their unusual obsessions with marching across a battlefield. I definitely want their transports on the cheap and disposable side of transport options, rather than pricy and durable. Somewhere around 50 points, depending on if they re-use Crawler (making them really slow transports)?

Nothing yet, AFAIK, unless I missed something in the new WD stuff. Hopefully he doesn't just turn out to be as generic as his model would suggest. Apart from the toilet seat on his armour's collar, he looks like any other high-ranking GK to me.

Abbadon is a must. Demon primarch was mentioned (Mortarion) but not confirmed, and Vect?

Yeah, the white on the Studio Vior'la army almost makes me care about Tau as a faction.

I prefer the higher contrast on the new scheme with the black fatigues too, the old one is just green-grey on darker green-grey.

Yeah, more something to give them a little extra durability than increased speed. Probably allow them to Flat Out, though, or it slightly defeats the point. Would be a shame to ruin the excellent value of Vanguard with an expensive transport if you can just march them under the Void Shield bubbles for the same effect without worrying about the Vehicle Damage Table crippling their shooting.

>CC broadside commander

It's not a meme, how new are you? That's literally the best possible Tyranid list you can build for the points (or would be if it wasn't illegal, but just replace the Hive Fleet Detachment with a second CAD and you're good).

Were you not aware Tyranids are completely buttfucked right now and CANNOT actually play a good swarm army and MUST do low model count armies to be competitive?

This. I would love a new Grimaldus model.

While I am happy we got something in FoC, it still wasn't all that much and I fear that it will just mark the beginning of another era of neglect for the Templars.

Big baddie:
Orkimedes in a super pimped Meka-dread (I want a Primork MC but let's be realistic, it's gonna be the walker)

Medium guy: Nazdreg/Wazdakka

Small guy: Old Zogwort/Big Redd

I would, but I'm painting the Space Marines in my Kill Team box as Crimson Fists, and I feel like those are too close in color scheme.

The next Triumvirate is almost guaranteed to be Chaos, but it might be awhile out. Now that the first Gathering Storm trilogy is wrapping up we're probably going to see a bunch of AoS releases for another month and a half before we get back to 40k.

What the fuck are you on about you stupid newfag? Or have you only now noticed?

Follow the links to the previous threads, none of them are Duncan videos.

It's a meme to make fun of all the memelords in this thread spamming 'thin your paints' when really no one gives a fuck about Duncan and just shill his videos despite not watching them.

>when really no one gives a fuck about Duncan
Rude and wrong. A lot of us are genuine fans of Duncan, he's a good guy. The modern GW that actually puts out content for fans is infinitely better than the Kirby era.

>no one gives a fuck about Duncan

We should put the links of the videos of the Night lord user

>no one gives a fuck about Duncan
Fuck you too, you faggot

PM3 Grand Master with At Initiative Hammer that generates one more power (must be from Santic)

240pts

Am I bad for only buying the models for gathering storm and just using rules from the internet?

>we care about Duncan!
>... it just took us 12 threads to realize that his video was being replaced by random weeb shit (because we dont actually watch his videos lol)

Luscious Lucius+Snakeboy Fulgrim+Slaanesh Incarnate

Yarrick+Helbrecht+Dorn or some Xenos Inquisitor in a giant suit.

Ghazkull+Orkymedes+Some giant contraption, like a special Deff Dread that goes teleporting around the battlefield or something.

Be'lakor+Abaddon+Huron Blackheart as a giant pseudo-spawn

>assuming we haven't already watched all his videos and just had no need to rewatch the one in the link

I have been noticing, I just now spoke up about it because I thought someone else would have by now.

Hmm, good idea with Prok
Big guy: recreated Puretide in a fat suit (not gonna happen, I know)
Medium Guy: Anghor Prok on Krootox
Small Guy: Aun'Shi

>implying anyone comes to the /40k/ general threads on Veeky Forums to watch Duncan videos instead of just watching them directly on youtube

>Nobody cares about Duncan
That dude is probably responsible for more new model sales than any other individual. I know I started getting into 40k because I was looking for painting tips for Reaper minis. I was so impressed that it made me want to get some 40k models.

And he's DEFINITELY helped make the average WH player have a better looking army. Or make people give a shit about their brush line.

and the internet goes "that's fucking lame" ... for reasons

Maybe the shielded variants are slowed down to Crawler speed while the transport variant can Run/Flat Out to let you have the choice. Throw on some phosphor weapons for flushing out assholes to shoot and I think it'd be golden. Can't hide from the radstorm, can't run from the radstorm.

Why the fuck would I go to an imageboard with the explicit purpose of watching a video on already on Youtube?
Are you retarded?

Bear in mind that the Triumvirates so far have tended to be at most, one existing character and two original characters. I'm fully expecting the Ork release to be the same; Ghaz is almost a certain shoe-in (ancient model, supplements are all focused on him) but I'd expect the other two to be brand new characters.

I think it'll be all tied in to Armageddon too, for two reasons. Firstly, the Ghaz supplement ends with Orkimedes nearly completing a tellyporta that will let Ghaz travel back to Armageddon instantly. Secondly, the Beast series reveals that Armageddon is actually Ullanor, homeworld of the Beast. Now that might be just a fun little homage, but I seriously doubt it. Ghaz is going to tellyport back to Armageddon and something is going to happen that links in to the planet being Ullanor. Perhaps the vast energies released by the tellyporta's activation cause long dormant Ork technology hidden on the planet to activate. Or Ghaz tellyports back and finds himself deep underground in one of the Beast's old strongholds, and fights a Primeork that had been in stasis, and after beating him, the Primeork swears fealty. Or the vast numbers of Orks on Octavius follow Ghaz through the tellyporta, leading to the number of Orks on Armageddon hitting a critical mass, causing them to begin evolving like they did in the Beast series. Or Ghaz smashes his way into a forgotten chamber on Armageddon and finds the last surviving Brainboy, who secretly built the Primeorks.

Has there been anything related to unstable tech other than plasma (and other gets hot) guns? I would love to see an admech or ork transport that moves crazy fast but the direction is scattered and random

Yeah, that really works. Advance up taking fire on the ablative shields for the first couple turns, then when the shielding is worn down, charge out and blast the two or three targets you have the pick of. Then I suppose your opponent has to choose between shooting the Vanguard in his face or the tanks retreating and regenerating to provide the backline with a bubble later in the game once the Skitarii have left. I imagine the VSG ones would be about 125 points, and the transports what, 60 with a couple of Kataphron Phosphor Blasters?

Eldar was three new
Impquicahnicus was a two new and a old
Muhreen was one new and two old

don't forget to add a bio titan for 10 models in 2000 pts

>implying that's cheese
Tyranids are literally incapable of cheese

it can be done its just more linear than everyone else

Is there any point to have Voldus and Cypher if I don't play Grey Knights or Fallen? They have cool models but they'd probably just end up collecting dust while Guilliman and friends fight.

>Ghaz is almost a certain shoe-in (ancient model, supplements are all focused on him)
And as if GW would pass up an opportunity to invalidate his old model by replacing it with a Contemptor-sized one, or at least on a giant swirly vortex of... I dunno, Waaaaagh! energy, maybe, to max out the amount of plastic and inflate the cost. Also, because they apparently can't stop ripping off their own Nagash model.

I noticed, I just didn't care because
A) no new ducan stuff as of late, so who cares
B) I don't go to Veeky Forums to watch youtube.

That still doesn't change your a faggot, and many people do in fact like duncan.
I would wager most people in fact like duncan

>assuming it had not been noted in previous threads.

Good bait animefaggot. You got most of the (you)s against shitposting. Truly doing the greater good's work

Only got one Hammerhead. I could have two Skyrays though. And yes, Fireblade is cool and I luckily have one.

Since it's a tournament I just probably take the usual Stormsurge, Mark'O, Optimized Stealth Cadre. Luckily Riptide wing is banned.

It's underwhelming desu.

It's a PM3 Grand Master with the Liber Daemonica (minus the reroll ones to harness Santic)

Grand Masters were already mehh to begin with. (As no one takes them)

We don't know his Wound count or if he has Eternal Warrior.

But for 5pts more you get Kaldor Dragio who KNOWS Gate, has a 3++, and Eternal Warrior.

Its Valdus is such a split character he's the "greatest Psyker in a chapter of Psykers" but this is represented by generating a 4th power. No bonus to Harnessing.

Sure he's S8 AP at initiative, but Dragio is S6 AP2 and Dreadknights are S10 AP2 and he's less durable than both.

Another issue is he's a Greyfax. Reasonably priced in a Triumvirate of Cheese.

>Although the leak might be wrong

the grot tanks have sorta random movement if i recall, and daemonic weapon is basically the melee version of gets hot

HOW DARE HE BE RESONABLE!

Underpowered isn't reasonable for a special character. Grey Knights are a bottom tier army with Orks and Nids.

That sounds about right to me, Even one VSG tank can be enough to cover a flank if you huddle up nice and close, with a couple of advancing transports and you still have wriggle room for other stuff to go with them. As much as I like the Triaros and other Mechanicum goodies, I want to get transports with the theme of 40k Skitarii in mind.

>force weapons on everything
>psykers on everything

you're thinking of dark eldar

Dark Eldar are slightly above GK, Nids, and Orks.

And for the record I don't play GK, I don't have a bias here. Tournament results don't lie.

Except he doesn't DO anything. He's another Stern or Crowe. Outclassed by everything existing.

>Implying reasonable is correct term.
>A Grand Master, 185; PM3, 25; Master Crafted Hammer, 20; Liber Daemonica, 25
>Build-A-Valdus is 255, so he gets at Initative (and loses reroll 1's for harnessing Santic) for -15pts)

But no one uses Grand Masters because they're overpriced to begin with. Valdus is priced appropriately to an overpriced character.

Granted if Valdus has Eternal Warrior and/or 5W, he'll be golden

Dude that surely must have been a bad roll on the deep strike mishap table... opponent decides placement meant seriously....

>>force weapons on everything
Because melee is so good in this edition, right?

Because instant death that eats up some of your precious few Warp Charges really helps you kill those Imperial Knights, those 1 Wound scatbikes and warp spiders and grav devastators and skitarii vanguard and genestealer acolytes?

Grey Knights are the melee version of Thousand Son, except less durable.

>Except no Magnus

There isn't a Daily Duncan today.

>5W
Dude, don't be insane. 4W would already be impressive.

Yeah, and no matter how fancy those Triaros and Macrocarids are when you have 20-man FnP 5+ rerollable Vanguard squads to put in them in 30k, we just can't fill them to capacity in 40k and suffer from the lack of fire points for our excellent infantry.

Also, formation: Mechanicus Void Shield Phalanx:

2-4 Karos Crawler transports (11/10/10, Open-topped, transports 11 no Bulky or higher, two Phosphor Blasters, 60pts)
Must be transporting Vanguard or Ranger squads of 10.

1-3 Void Crawler tanks (125, same chassis but no Open-Topped, no guns and a VSG with two layers, +1 for 15ppm.

Karos must start within 6" of the Voidcrawlers, and the Voids regen on a 4+ when within 6" of one or more Karos, although they can wander off separately

Yey for random ideas, this would probably be a Core in the hypothetical Admech decurion. Allows you to run your army in discrete maniples, which are about 480 points base and are about right for a small army, too. Command section of Magos Dominus/Cawl with Breachers or hypothetical heavy CC unit bodyguard in a Macrocarid might be fun, too.

Annoying thing is I'm now picturing this, but with Skitarii vs. Crons.

- black legion in macragge without abaddon and fails. Enraged Abaddon call kairos and Skarbrand for a second try in another place.
- magnus, abaddon, fulgrim, mortarion and slaneesh named in dark revelations fluff of the book.
- Magnus, kairos, skarbrand, forces of tzeentch and other chaos legions ambushes guilliman in some places in is run to terra.
-big confrontation in luna, guilliman, ynnari, gk, fallens and a force from terra (custodes and SoS) vs Mangus and tzeentch forces.
- In terra, cypher lays bare its real intentions. Guilliman have a plan after visit the golden throne.

Transmissions reports:
- blood angels under a massive tiranid attack
- white scars lost a planet.

I might just be stupid and remembering wrong, but hasn't ALL the Triumvirate characters have had 5Ws?

I know Celestine, Cawl, and Yncarnate have 5. Thought it was a general trend they were going.

I'd say they're more durable.

It's easy as fuck to force shitloads of saves on rubrics who only have a 3+ but not as much so on termies.