Night of the Hunt (Bloodborne RPG)

Last thread started with focus on Frenzy+Madness mechanics, thread before that was about the combat system. This time I want to go back to skills, and make sure they're all valuable enough. I know I want Insight to be a skill, and even if you needs a bunch of additional character abilities/feats to actually be GOOD at seeing the paranormal that still sets the bar pretty high for other skills being anywhere near as useful.

BESTIAL
-Ferocity: Intimidate, damage on visceral attacks, prerequisite for visceral attack techniques.
-Stalk ("Stealth"?): Avoid detection.
-Instincts ("Awareness"?): Oppose stealth, intuitively sense when a situation is dangerous.
-Hunt ("Scent"?): Track & seek out prey using keen senses & intuition.
-Fitness: Climb, swim, jump, etc. Traversal speed (win a foot race), possibly speed of action (win a quick-draw contest).
-Stature ("Brawn"?): Physical size & amount of musculature. Doesn't determine physical strength, but useful when trying to keep a door shut, hold someone down, etc. Prereq for combat feats and heavy hunter weapons?

MUNDANE
-Decency: find empathy/humanity within yourself and inspire it in others. Can potentially be used to mess with those overcome by Bestial or Cosmic fervor.
-Weapon Handling: fancy weapon tricks and mechanisms. Determines level of weapon complexity your character can handle. Maneuvers like transforming a weapon mid-combo require a successful Weapon Handling roll.
-Firearms: Gear stat for acquiring & using firearms.
-Pyrotechnics: Gear stat for acquiring & using explosive and other incendiaries, or just making a great roaring bonfire.
-Manipulation: Get them do what you want, and/or deceive them.
-Craftsmanship: Fashion weapon, restraints, barricades, contraptions... Gear stat for acquiring (and modifying) melee weapons.
-Investigate: Detective work as well as "reading" others. Opposes Deception. Search for & analyze clues, make deductions based on evidence, gather info (or perhaps more "HAS" gathered info, i.e. you know the secondhand word of mouth on a topic?).
-Streetwise: Know your way around Yharnam- your current location, all the routes you could take to some OTHER location, and the mundane significance/purpose/history OF various places in the city & immediate surroundings.

COSMIC
-Insight: Perceive the paranormal. (low successes mean you just see glowing lights or know there's SOMETHING there.)
-Arcane: Gear stat for acquisition and use of "spellcasting" items, other Occult Implements like Micolash's puppets and mirrors. and for use of many other strange consumables like bolt paper. Also used to conduct rituals, if those are a thing GM includes?
-Occult ("Lore"?): Knowledge of things Byrgenwerth specialized in. Know about things like the Tomb of the Gods? Recognize a pthumerean and what their deal is? Also gear stat for acquisition of elixirs & other strange consumables.
-Entreat: Sense proximity/nature of intangible entities, and call upon or pacify them? Spirits, Messengers, potentially attention of great ones? Functions more like social skill than anything. Miiiiiight be use stat for a portion of "hunter tool" items, or merely a secondary skill roll? (You use Arcane to blow the Madras Whistle, and Entreat to see how enthusiastically the snake responds?)
-Medicine: Everything that ISN'T about blood healing. Treat and/or inflict poison, other maladies. Gear stat for acquiring & using poisons and antidotes, and for using stranger medicines like elixirs.
-Blood Work ("Ministration"?): Everything involved with blood ministration, healing, refinement, knowledge thereof. Gear stat for acquiring blood vials and quicksilver. Ministration abilities let you give your blood vials special perks and grants further healing when others let you administer blood to them (especially outside combat)
-Wayfinder: Navigate Forbidden Woods, dreamlands, tomb of the gods, other surreal & mazelike environments. Methods of traveling between worlds may require a follow-up check using this skill to determine how optimal your destination is.

You got a Google Drive, Mediafire account or some other place where we can keep up with the latest updates?

bump for the old blood.

Bump for marginal interest

Not yet, it's nearing top of my todo list. Progress on said list is in fits and starts while I'm sick, sadly.

Probably might want some sort of flat out abilities (mutations? eyes/bones/fangs for each of the sections?) - thinking of stuff like the old D&D "elves can see hidden doors/passages" that isn't neccesarily a skill you roll for, so much as a passive ability.

Maybe link it to derangements? One derangement, one special ability?

Nothing to add to the conversation right now so posting inspirational artwork.

I don't know anything about bloodborne but I really love the OP image. I found the source on tumblr but I can't tell, is this a named character or is it a player character

Of all the fan made trick weapons these guns are the ones I most wish were in the game

It's a PC because no npc wields the moonlight blade

It could be a church hunter who simply doesn't appear in the game, she's wearing the garb and using church weapons.

the moonlight is supposed to be a unique weapon though, with Ludwig being the one who found it

It's a female PC wearing:
Black Church hood.
Black Church top, pants.
Gascoigne's mittens.
Moonlight Blade as main weapon.
Evelyn as side arm.

Ah, I just thought it was a Ludwig's blade but I now see that it's too small for the "scabbarded" version, but too big for the non-scabbard one.