/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Traditional Values Edition

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-february-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whoah-nelly-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Name Something that your favorite game line got right from the beginning and did they keep with that?

Challenges in many forms are supposed to happen, combat is one of them. Saying it's fine because lol combat is a non answer. If the PCs can't be threatened in any way the the game has no stakes and is worthless.

If I have to break the rules to fix the game. It's the game having issues and having innate problems stop acting like mage is perfect. It's not. It has one of the biggest flaws in the game. You have to restrict your players in order to make the game fun.

Of course there is. One just needs to make boosting Withstand and Counterspell viable alternatives in combat. That alone would make fights much more interesting.

>fights are quick and dirty
There is world of difference between "quick and dirty" and "first to cast wins".

Game can't be "not about the fighting" because of shitty mechanic. It's the other way around - shitty mechanic prevents game from being about those awesome things.

I liked Promethean's emphasis on the journey, both physical and spiritual. They kept it and also made it so you didn't have to skip town too quickly in the new edition.

Ignore
He just needs to go find a different game to play, and hopefully a new general/forum to shit in.

I've never played Requiem before so could I get a rule confirmation.

If I want to learn a discipline outside of clan starting I have to feed on someone outside of my clan?

Seems like it'll be rather hard to learn outside disciplines in a normal game.

Two separate people. Pretending a flaw doesn't exist only makes you look like a moron.

Ignore
, he clearly can't understand that people can like game and want to homerule it at the same time.

Entropy magic in Ascension is pretty good. I think it should be called Fate (easier to tie Fate to Luck than Entropy to Luck).

Honest question: what exactly is wrong with M20 mechanically compared to earlier editions? I'm familiar with the faults of Ascension in general, but I haven't been able to piece together the M20 faults.

I think they understand fine, the problem is trying to crowd source the fucking house ruling to forums who like the game as is then complaining when people tell you no.

I thought it just takes more experience to learn other Disciplines.

Changelings. The sense of wonder.

Is Dark Archon the new Geckopirateship?

I wish people could learn, that when you ask "How to change X so I would get Y", then "who ever wants Y, Y is shit, you need to get used to X as it is" is not a fucking answer.

Who the hell is Geckopirateship?

The guy is either trolling or the most autistic motherfucker I've dealt with.

I refuse to believe anyone is that obstinate.

What level of power are your mages because the flaw exists at 4-5. When mastery is reached the game is just done. I'm not talking about artificially drawn out fights I'm talking about the fact that thematically if one of your PC masters mess with an enemy master and they don't have the same arcana that pc should just be erased from existence.

But doing that is a dick move you shouldn't do, so why should your PCs be able to instagib anyone? Yes it's not dnd and I don't want it to be. But something interesting is when something is varied. Mastery isn't interesting it's binary. Did I erase my target or did he erase me. Thats not a game.

This is not a place of understanding, this is a place of hate and MEMEs Get with the program scruby snowflake

>Mage SUPREME PIZZA

Go somewhere else then, because you aren't going to get the help you want here.

Well, then I'll just stay here and discuss it with because apparently he agrees with my vision and we could imagine something interesting together.

Crossover question so bare with me.

Why don't werewolves scale as well as vamps in 2e? I've never played a late game werewolf.

Mage > Werewolf > Vampire

lolMasters

Sorry that your favorite templates get shit on by old bearded men.

Some mega autistic woman on the Onyx forums, she used to argue with the devs a lot if memory serves.

I doubt it. None of your proposed alternatives and solutions have actually been interesting, instead ranging from nonsensical to hot garbage.

Do what you want though.

>Pizza Supremacy

It's biggest fault is nerfing Paradox. A successful cast only nets you one point of paradox and if you let it build past five, it stops doing damage and just inflicts a paradox effect. It completely broke the incentives for the player.

The vehicular combat rules make no sense and are statistically broken.

The correspondence rules are in vague generalities.

They made no effort to reconcile redundant backgrounds.

Crazy Uncle Phil will interrupt sections of rules for twenty pages of author tract.

Bullshit that's Pepperoni cuck

>He just needs to go find a different game to play, and hopefully a new general/forum to shit in.

Why? He brings good points that your famboyism makes you too blind to understand.

I think we can all agree that Hawaiian pizza is the jizz of Satan.

>Pretending a flaw doesn't exist only makes you look like a moron.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it a "flaw" in the game.

You really need to learn how to distinguish your personal opinion from proven fact.

If you want to change or house rule something, politely ask for assistance. When you complaint a game is "broken," and demand others help you "fix" it, don't be surprised when the responses are less than pleasant.

I Awaken the Fridge Contents to fuck your pussy bitch ass werefag
>muh spirits

>Crazy Uncle Phil will interrupt sections of rules for twenty pages of author tract.

What? I love random culinary demands in rpg books.

>I think we can all agree that Hawaiian pizza is the jizz of Satan.

I bet Brucatto eats it every night.

>If you want to change or house rule something, politely ask for assistance.
Every time I politely ask for assistance, people are inpolitely respond with adhominems and "nothing is wrong, love it as it is" messages. So no, I won't ask you politely, because I don't give a shit about your opinion, just as you don't give a shit about mine.

Take the knot and Die magefag

>If you want to change or house rule something, politely ask for assistance.

>This is not a place of understanding, this is a place of hate and MEMEs Get with the program scruby snowflake

>Is Dark Archon the new Geckopirateship?

Mrmdubois is that you? You inbreed ignorant motherfucker, you finally found out how to use another url that isn't the OPP forums, i am proud.

>I can now call the sacred hunt on the contents of my fridge
pls do, would be tight as fuck after plowing some mage boi puss

>The guy is either trolling or the most autistic motherfucker I've dealt with.
>I refuse to believe anyone is that obstinate.

What? Who and where?

I've received good amounts of constructive feedback for my houseruling and homebrew projects that I've posted here.

The problem isn't the location.

Okay, so once again: I don't like two Masters instadusting one other with Unmaking, or two Adepts instaturning one other into lawnchairs. But it is the situation now, because both kind of spells are Withstood. Potency of those spells grow up, but Withstand of target generally don't. What one can do about it to make mage duels actually interesting?

I've already said my fix lower potency and remove withstand and unmaking es abilities. Let mage armor have some effect in shields. Possibly increase paradox for greater spells but with reach it might be easier to just bump reach costs by one. You have to play around with it. My issue is more to the fact that masteries aren't interesting. When they fight first just kills you. When fighting spirits that shoukd be frightening they just make them a joke unless introduced to a spirit that just fucks them with no remorse or way to stop. The problem with mastery is that it's binary unless you cheat in enemies. That's not clever st imagination thats a bad system.

N o b o d y c a r e s

Lets analyse this, the problem is withstood doesn't escalate or that just a symptom?

I've been posting from my phone so sorry about the spelling errors.

Isn't that cultural appropiation?

I forgot about ES. ES always have an option of going around any amount of Withstood, so here is that as well.

Let's be realistic here, once you reach Master status magic-duels are going to be much too vicious and dangerous to be considered "epic"

when might be a good opportunity to have a non-pc wolfblooded experience their first change [especially one that is created by a dramatic failure on a lunacy check]?

So let's make them epic, goddammit, not argue about how it is impossible!

So Paradox was harsher in previous editions? Good to know.

Just read through vehicular combat, you're absolutely right. No thank you.

I never thought Correspondence was vague, but idk why they let you use it for telekinesis when that's clearly Forces.

You can use it to teleport objects around.

Yeah, Paradox was better under Revised or Second Edition. Either edition has a good, working system. And it's just a rules update in M20. It's metaplot agnostic so there isn't really any in-story precedent for it.

Teleporting objects makes sense, but in my mind that's always been completely different than telekinesis. Same basic result (I don't have to get up from the couch to get the remote), but fundamentally different.

I'll see how it was in Revised and 2nd, thanks!

I made this
>abominations of spirits can be made by Adepts

sucking magecock
>Bite Down

Pineapple on the pizza is exactly as good as Mage riding unicycles.

That is to say, it's good as hell, to me.

>Every time I politely ask for assistance, people are inpolitely respond with adhominems and "nothing is wrong, love it as it is" messages. So no, I won't ask you politely, because I don't give a shit about your opinion, just as you don't give a shit about mine.

Is how you ask for assistance, that is the problem. If you put together a PDF detailing your rules changes instead of just coming and posting an ambiguous goal "make magic duels more interesting" people might be more inclined to help.....or not this is Veeky Forums after all.

>I've received good amounts of constructive feedback for my houseruling and homebrew projects that I've posted here.
>The problem isn't the location.

What were your houseruling/homebrew about?

DID SOMEBODY SAY UNICYCLE

Unicycles are tools of the Lie.

Oh hey, Objectively Best Piece of Mage Art, how you doing?

>What were your houseruling/homebrew about?
Some about making new Moros Legacies focused around the less explored aspects of Death and a way to play the game without Paths.

Every time I've brought them up I've gotten helpful replies, although some anons did try to debate about why I hate the Paths, even though I don't. I just made it clear to them that I think the Paths are fine and that I'm really just doing a fun project. I didn't come at them like I thought the Paths were flawed and that the game needed fixing.

but user, eating mages is haram
...bullying mage boipucci on the other hand

Jokes on you, the dick is literally hard as steel. Enjoy your broken teeth.

The dick is also made of silver.

Instead of shitposting or rules lawyering, why not share stories about your games?

I have played exactly one session of WoD as a player; Changeling; escaping from my keeper and the Hedge along with my party mates. We got picked up by a Hunterheart changeling who served us ramen and started explaining things. Session ended just as he was explaining Fetches, to our horror.

some insight into this might be nice

>Steel V Werewolf
>can opener teeth
kek
Cosmic power, itty bitty torn dick

Too bad since the mage already raped the filthy dog's mind
Can't even consider the thought of biting down on his masters glorious penis.

Byzantine Black is a VTM Bloodlines fanfic. It's surprisingly good, and very long, focusing on the work of Ms. Woeburne, childe of Sebastian LaCroix, and aggressively bureaucratic middle manager.

And it has just earned my respect for devoting an entire, good chapter to the most respectable and noble officer of the law; Officer Chunk, best character in the whole of Bloodlines.

ok

>nya! I cast STEEL COCK
>you take 5 lethal damage as they bite your cock off, roll initiative...

To be sure, M20 has some good features. Martial Arts rules being carried over from KotE, for example. The ground-up revision of Focus into Paradigm, style and instruments, optional alternative Technocratic spheres. Etc.

What burns my biscuits is the fact that there's a good to great game in there somewhere and Crazy Uncle Phil fucked it up.

Since you fuckers talked about it, I've started reading my copy of M20 again (already read the bits I wanted in the pdf when it was first available, so I've yet to read the full book I think).
And it really feels like there's Crazy Uncle Phil that interrupts for rambling every twenty or thirty pages, with the fabulous pic of him that's often posted here in mind, it's quite funny.
I'm still a bit mad the asshole whined about wordcount while making his crazy satyros sidebars.

I've heard that princess crosses with mage pretty well. Is there any truth to that?

On the plus side, the book of secrets is apparently out of his hands now. Oh, another thing they left out. The list of common sphere effects from the previous editions. That had to be rolled into a second book called How Did You Do That? These two books are, apparently the overspill from M20 because we needed cybertech Verbena, Yogic Virtual Adepts, Phil's admonition to make a locally sourced, organic meal before the game because fuck pizza and the PC, sanitized tradition names.

No. Stop asking.

You're only reinforcing the Lie.

>What burns my biscuits is the fact that there's a good to great game in there somewhere and Crazy Uncle Phil fucked it up.

Indeed, i am currently making a 0 fluff all mechanic resume for chrod/forsaken for my players in spanish. Kinda wanna do the same to M20

Also the crazy goat left out sorcerers because of his magick supremacy

>sorcerers

You mean Mage lite?

What is princess, I keep hearing about it but no one ever has a tl;dr

sailor moon + depression

Hrm. Well, this past session...
* New Prince took power, introduced himself, his new seneschal, and some replacement Primogen to court.
* Archon is in town somewhere, but no one can actually find him or get in touch with him.
* New Brujah and Malkavian showed up
* Local Caitiff got adopted officially as an Assamite
* Local Cam and Anarch Brujah are on the same side in fighting the Carthaginian Brujah (Brujah who are loyal to the recently-revivsed, infernalist Antediluvian Troile, and her lover Moloch). Ended up finding one amongst the Anarch Brujah, and killed him.
* Influence flying left, right and center again.
* Feeding Difficulty is no longer super high, and the curfew was removed.
* Lots of plotting.
* Cockroach Monster (Samsa Mocker breed) is dead finally.
* A Technology bane spirit got put into a security system for an Elysium by a Technomancer Assamite. This can only end in tears.

Attached is our in game newspaper from last game; someone a few threads ago asked me

That seems to miss the entire point of the senshi and most Princess fiction.

Mages are god and God is OMNIPOTENT Not impotent
Perfect Spherical Mages Orbit Moons so suck it werefags

So Madoka? Can you become a god? Does it have tier 4 play?

>* Cockroach Monster (Samsa Mocker breed) is dead finally.
Why would you kill that innocent creature?

Oh, and that 'fire in Colorado' article was the result of a PC investigating demons, getting onto the trail of Lucifer, and witnessing a throwdown between some Fallen and an Earthbound.

yeah that's the point. sailor moon IN the world of Darkness, not Exalted in modern days

Because it ate all the Nosferatu NPCs in town and has been generally a thorn in peoples' sides. They think it was a Niktuku that was there to kill the Nosferatu; the Nos were just convenient noms.

>ate all the Nosferatu
Sounds like it did you a favor cleaning up those filthy monsters. And that's how you repay it.

Oh, and it also killed and ate a Gangrel and a Malkavian.

What is the best tribe and why is is the Get of Fenris? And why do they make the best husbandos?

Werewolves do not make the best husbandos you fucking normie.

>TFW when your Get of Fenris Husbando is a Bone Gnawer faking purebreed w/ a fetish and/or Totem.

>white
>aggressive assholes
>snow white purity
>German
cause they're german nazis?

>Demon
I absolutely love the aesthetic established by some of the art, and the art in the newer books leans more into that aesthetic.

>Can kill vampfags
>Can be lawnchaired if they don't clean the rain gutters
>Yuge
Pretty ideal to me
Don't do this to me