Connected to Interpol...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Most_Wanted_Database.biomet
>Gun_Havens.zdf
>Badasses_of_Chicago.thread
>Fronting.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 8843 (86% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'The meanest fragger I ever saw just walked into the bar, said he's looking for you'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hardcase_Hard_Heart_Hard_Cock.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Toughs of the World Edition. Who's the biggest, nastiest, drek-dealing sumbitch you know? When you need someone's hoop kicked in, who do you call? What's your worst nightmare when you hear that pounding on the door at 0300?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51943786/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do all spike babies get a human lifespan? I thought that was just for orcs to excuse Bull's faggotry. We should have been hearing about elves dying of old age by now otherwise.

Yekka when are proper vampire rules getting put into Chummer?

Does a listing of subsidiary companies for various megas exist? Do most people just wing it? I have a few months to prep my campaign (for once) and this will be my first long term shadowrun campaign and im interested in work that might have been done for me, either by the devs or the fans.

There's a bunch in Market Panic for the big 10, and otherwise it's off of what you find in books as off-hand mentions.

Doesn't apply in this case. The argument is that anyone that Goblinised (ie Orks and Trolls) still receives a human lifespan. Dwarves and elves are born that way, so no lifespan changes.

Honestly the bet way I can think of to do it would be an elf with progeria; aging before his time, frustrated with a world that's more interested in why he's broken than in him personally, resolving to burn out bright and covered in wealth.
Hm?

Here ya go captain

cool, thanks for the image as well.

Those logos are from cyberpunk 2020 but I use some of them anyways.

And that was exactly what I was hoping for. now i must leave the internet. Don't get eaten Chummers, by the shadows or the devil rats

The RF modular vampire rules; currently it's barebones and you can't spend karma for new powers.

It's outdated, that's from 4e. Here's a sample of what the Market Panic stuff looks like.

What are the things in the lore y'all throw out or alter when you're in a game of Shadowrun? For instance, I've never been in game that applied the whole 'Ork and Trolls have shorter than human natural life spans' thing.

>Do all spike babies get a human lifespan? I thought that was just for orcs to excuse Bull's faggotry.
You're conflating spike babies and bog standard goblinisation. Anyone affected by the latter gets a human lifespan.

Why u shadowrunners keep stealing Cyberpunk 2020 original content donut steel?!?

If you ain't down with Marshal Menace you ain't down with shit

I actually like that bit of fluff, since it gives each race their unique quirks without resorting to being purely IRL race parallels. Orks having earlier puberties, hence the popular idea of them being all criminals since birth, while trolls trying to get their "Age of X" lowered since by the time they can buy beer they are in their middle age already.

Most of the fluff I change is on South America, while I really enjoyed some parts of Shadows of Latin America, they still don't know a lot of the history behind the countries.
For example, Uruguay has a long history of alchemists both politics and entrepreneurs; one of them building an entire city following his meticulous "planning". Argentina has a very mix of nationalistic pride, corporate sellout, racial tolerance and unity, and worship to living idols. Chile's government will make a deal with the devil for cash and the ability to pretend to be a high class country.
Just basically whenever I make games south of the Equator outside of Amazonia it doesn't have much to do with the official fluff.

Jesus fucking christ that image.

For those who want a link to the original thread for the image; archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51943786/

Does anyone know if there is a book in 5th with phoenixes in them? Howling shadows has a SURGE variant for them, but no the actual base mythical beast.

Marshal Menace was a runner for life.

He can fly solo, but he ain't a Solo, neh?

My edit got to be an OP post? I just... I don't even know what to say.

I'm honored.

Marshal Menace is the hero the sixth world needs

It was a group effort though

>tfw Marshal Menace is a post crash2.0 digital intelligence composite
>Megaera Mirage

>why do shadowrunners steal things

Come on, my fellow shadowstepper. Surely we should respect this fellow's intellectual property. After all, he invested the time and money into creating something, he should decide how it should be used and be the sole beneficiary of any profits.

Anyways I have to go back to mean roads, death to Ares Megatechnology.

Hey! Not all runners steal things!
#NotAllRunners
some of us do wetwork instead

Stealing lives is still stealing son.

>There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft.
>Every other sin is a variation of theft
>When you kill a man, you steal a life.
>You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father.
>When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth.
>When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness.

I'm beginning to write up a campaign set in 2077 where the PCs are being unknowingly (at first) used by UCAS government officials to undermine the public trust in Megacorps, giving the government a stepping-stone to expand government power and begin to take back the country.

What I'm having trouble with is seeding clues early in the story that the runner's actions are having, or leading to, significant public media fallout for the MegaCorps. Other than mentioning news casts during/between runs, dropping bits of info in NPC dialogue, and a protest planned to take place after the 5th run, I'm not really sure how to tell the players 'your actions are changing the world' without straight up saying 'Yo you dumb motherfuckers, look around. All this shit is related to what your crew did, homies.'.

>being unknowingly used to undermine public trust in megacorps

I'd be okay with that desu.

Who's the biggest, nastiest, drek-dealing sumbitch you know?

In a previous game one of our fixers was a retired professional boxer. He had pimped out cyberarms and ran a strip club/brothel that we regularly did business at. He was as gay as a rainbow flag and I wouldn't have been surprised if he farted glitter. He was also one of the few genuinely decent people that we met. He took care of his employees, kept them off the more dangerous drugs, and protected them from the kind of people that strippers and prostitutes tend to need protection from. So when we watched him punch the jaw clean off a jacked-up elf threatening to shoot up his establishment we knew not to ever get on his bad side.

>there is only one sin, and that's breaking the law

>'Yo you dumb motherfuckers, look around. All this shit is related to what your crew did, homies.'
News reports work great for this. "authorities are tracking down the perpetrators of this incident, one such description of them is [RUNNERFACE]

Is that a picture of a dude?

>One pretty great evolution of an image into a Shadowrunner pic
>The rest is idiotic gender politics from both sides
Dear god that's terrible

More importantly, how do I learn to shoop photos like that? I want to make a chromed up golden retriever

What about jaywalking, selling without a license, and sharing ice cream?

Find pictures of the bits you want, cut them out, dump them on the original.
Unfortunately golden-retriever shaped cybernetics might be harder to find pictures of online than sunglasses and mohawks.

Does anyone know where to get info on the psionic tradition?

I need a source book to show my GM

> Stealing safe roads from the people.
> Stealing funds from the government.
> Stealing a heart.

Shadow Spells , page 5.

It's an elf so... eh?

>mentioning news casts during/between runs, dropping bits of info in NPC dialogue, and a protest planned to take place after the 5th run
That should be pretty solid if you clearly connect it to things related to the run. Something like "shares in shiawase are down this week after a terrorist attack in their regional headquarters raised questions about the company's ability to protect its citizens..."

Did you consider having them hear stuff said by throwaway background NPCs? Perhaps having some NPCs distribute fliers advertising the protest, or a sermon-leader-type barking in the street about the run's fallout and how mad it makes everyone?

Jaywalking and ice cream are sins now? Man, this really is a dystopian future.

What are some things to just fuck a vampire's shit up? Is there a sunlight spell or anything of the sort?

Sunbeam. Shadow Spells, pg. 17

SUNBEAM (INDIRECT)
Type: P
Range: LOS
Damage: P
Duration: I
Drain: F–1
Developed under contract with the Kingdom of Benin by Mitsuhama, Sunbeam was intended to give spellcasters an advantage against HMHVV-Infected invaders or infiltrators from Asamando. The spell creates an instantaneous beam of sunlight directed at the target. Intended to take advantage of ghouls’ vulnerability to sunlight, it has proven effective against other sufferers of the virus. The spell is not very useful against targets without any Allergy to sunlight; it does half the normal damage (rounded up) as Stun damage. Damage resolution is handled as explained in Indirect Combat Spells (p. 283, SR5). Against targets who have the Allergy (sunlight) weakness, however, the spell’s Damage Value is increased to twice what it normally is, and it always inflicts Physical damage regardless of the target’s armor value. All targets must deal with the bright glare of the spell; any target hit by the spell (whether it does damage or not) receives a –1 dice pool penalty to their next attack due to glare (flare compensation of any kind removes this penalty).

My ghetto Julius Belmont thanks you

Or you could just get a high intensity UV lamp.

>local man fights vampire with aquarium lamp

Hey man, Florida still exists in the Sixth world.

Not all of us have HTR money, but all of us have a right to kick Count Chocula's hoop back into his coffin.

Ever notice how much cereal mascots sound like runner names.

>Alright Mr. Johnson, I got just the team for the job: Count Chocula, Trix Rabbit, S.C.P, Frankenberry, and Lucky the Leprechaun.

What was the full back story of Marshal Menace? I wasn't around for the thread.

>Don't make us bring in Fruit Brute, man. Just give us the data.

read the thread

>See legendary pic
Such a funny thread.

>S.C.P

? All I can find after googling is shit about the creepypasta folks

Snap crackle and pop

They don't seem like runners; they seem like the type to hire you to go seal up the entrance to the Keebler tree and soak the tree in kerosene.

Assuming a vampire gets alleviate allergy, what happens then?

You blow his head off with explosives, can't regenerate a head.

Dude, are you retarded? I meant in the context of that spell.

user's just being practical.

So he doesn't know. I think the allergy resistance kicks in first, meaning the vampire takes stun.

It's how I'd rule it.

He doesn't know because there's no official ruling on it.

Personally I apply the same rules to that spell as the RAW for clothes for vampire allergies; can't go below Mild. Because Sunbeam doesn't care how severe the allergy is, full effects apply.

Ok, so im going to be running SR5 thats homebrewed into absolute oblivion (including matrix rules adapted from The Ends of the Matrix, tweaks to Infected, 4e rules for AI, etc). So, of course, chummer5 is out of the question. What i want to know is if I should just use Chummer as a bookkeeping and index tool rather than as a character builder while using a excel sheet or fillable pdfs.
Also re-designed AAA logo spam incoming.

I'm say this is up to your GM. Alleviate Allergy doesn't get rid of the allergy it just lowers the intensity of it. The Sunbeam spell specifies "targets who have the Allergy (sunlight)" with no stipulation about allergy strength; I could see the GM ruling that Alleviate Allergy doesn't have any effect on Sunbeam.

That said, dumping the Karma/nuYen into a spell and then having your GM say "lol, dosen't work." feels really shitty. If I'm being real with you, I don't know how I'd handle it. I might say that every net hit scored on Alleviate Allergy(sunlight) reduces the DV of Sunbeam before Sunbeam's DV is doubled, but that's just me.

Except alleviate allergies removes the penalty, so giving it special rules alters the whole spell.

That seems a fair compromise, actually!

Now, can you buy off negative qualities?

The white-on-black one looks a bit off...
Think reversing the gradient on it may help.

Alleviate Allergies explicitly does not remove the allergy, only alleviates the effects. RAW going about dressed in full covering clothes and a mask as a vampire reduces the severity of the allergy, but does not alleviate it completely.

It's not altering the whole spell on a whim, it's bringing two corner cases into line, prioritizing the vampire's vulnerabilities over magic's ability to fix everything (otherwise there's absolutely no reason for the vulnerability to exist, because every vamp should have a sustaining health focus at all times if one spell could cure this major vulnerability).

Depends on the quality. If a vampire wants to buy off Allergy(Sunlight) they can get the fuck right off of my table. If somebody wants to buy off Uneducated and they make the effort of saying their character goes to Nightschool or whatever, then after a couple months, maybe a year of in game time, I'd say yeah. Yeah, pay me the Karma you spent on it, here's your G.E.D. Now get out there and do something with your life. Specifically, do the thing in the next run where you have to calculate the correct angle to lob a dumb grenade so it'll clear a high wall and land in an executive's hottub at 1:45 AM when your face has convinced him to take her back to his place and he's getting ready for her in the jacuzzi.

Pro's and Con's of a street samurai vs a physical adept. Not necessarily who would win in a fight, I'm just new to Shadow Run and want to play as a combat focused character and have trouble deciding.

Do you happen to have just the top picture in wallpaper size ?

Street samurai can do more stuff, physads can do stuff more better.

It's easy to get crazy-high die pools with physads, and they have some nifty powers that can snowball to make them the mechanical best in whatever specific skill they want to specialize in. Street sams can use cyberware to do things that magic cannot replicate (like ignore penalties from stun damage, grapple-hands and rocket-legs) but they're less autistically good at their one thing.

Lifespan is starting to get weird in 5e. Toward the end of 4e, they posted an adept who had metahuman traits (extended lifespan), though that reeks of an author insert from the conversation in the shadowtalk section (10 mercs, bravo company, rifleman).

Now they're talking about how a 127 year old man is looking to die because "leonisation doesn't work so well anymore" - it was invented 20 years ago? He should be physically 40 at most with the invention time, for fucks sakes. They act like he's getting it yearly despite the 1 essence cost. And that's not the only place I've seen bits like that. It wouldn't be lifespan extension, because he's clearly not that old.

To be honest with you, I don't have a problem with Extended Lifespan so long as it's a metamagic.

I think they should bring back a bastardised version of ED's eternal youth spell as a ritual, but without the opportunity to just 'shift' the damage - you either take the permenent damage yourself, or kill a motherfucker for every box you'd normally suffer as part of the ritual.

Extended lifespan is fine, it has zero gameplay considerations unless you're running a campaign across decades. Which is kind of fun, to be honest. It's just the way they treat it in fluff that irks me. And, you know, the whol author self insert thing.

I mean, shit. They talk about the Ancients having a gang upheaval because of it. Not just because of the extended reign of the gang leaders, but because the gang leaders talked about getting leonisation. They're elves, and like 45-50. They had the better part of 350 years to go. They didn't *need* leonisation. It's fucking stupid.

How would I go about making X9 in shadowrun?
It's a robot, but it doesn't have all that weird floaty lives on the matrix junk. And in combat it acts basically like any gunbunny or gun adept.

>This spell does not remove the allergy, only alleviates its effects

>Make AI
>Get a Anthro drone
>Maximise the limbs and armor
>Get in
>?????
>Profit?

>??????
>get killed by a human adept with a katana who doesn't use a shitty AI build
I figured out your mystery letters

Holy fuck these are way better than the canon logos.

He was just a nigga stereotype that an anons GM wouldn't let fly as a stereotype. Veeky Forums turned it into a joke so he could slide it by as an actual character and enabled his /pol/ faggotry. For some reason they are proud of this. Mind you OP was probably a baiting faggot and that game was never real, so at least this was better than biting.

I would like to point out a vampires sub allergy is not precisely natural either. VITAS is an awakened viral disease, it is magical by nature. A vampires allergy to sunlight could count as a magical effect and is not necessarily affected by health spells.

Er, VITAS was not Awakened. That was a regular old plague. You're thinking of HMHVV.

Also phys ads tend to be squishier because, at least in 4e, samurai could pile on the armor via 'ware, especially if they had cyber limbs. The physical adpt armor power is comparitively expensive and inefficient compared to orthoskin or dermal sheathing

If it's an inherent effct, it isn't 'magical'. There are published vampires who use the spell, which I'll cheerfully back up with a page number just as soon as I goddamned find my books.

Just because they aren't burning doesn't mean it doesn't weaken them - they can't use vampiric powers in sunlight, even if the spell is up. And given the new 'guidelines' from Pat 'I'm a huge fucking faggot' Goodman, not being able to reduce allergy effects with spells would leave them pretty much unable to traverse the sprawl or ever use their powers given how ubiquitous UV is in the lighting systems.

Right, my bad. VITAS kills people, HMVV makes them monsters

>UV lighting systems

I can see this in middle and up neighborhoods, but low/squat/barrens neighborhoods should be cheap shitty LED all the way

UV lighting sounds like precisely the kind of fad to make the SINners feel healthier - and safer, from vampires and shit.