Return to Kamigawa Edition

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
OR
Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

>return to kamigawa
that sounds kinda unlikely desu fampai

...the nation was ruled by a foreign tongue

>O grave, where is thy victory?
>The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
>But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The way this is worded opponents can tap lands to float mana in response and not be affected by the untapping clause.

"In response to the trigger, tap everything for mana, it wiffs."

Can't have different casting speeds on a fuse spell, man. Also lacks the synergy that a fuse spell should have.

"O Death and Where is thy Sting" doesn't flow. Great mechanically though.

You can't respond to turning a card face up, not even with mana abilities.

Trying to figure out class pairings for each dual colors, for a class matters set:

WU - Wizards?
UB - Rogue
BR - Warrior
RG - Shaman
GW - Monk? Archer?
WB - Cleric
UR - Artificer?
BG - ?
RW - Knights/Soldiers?
GU - ?

Any suggestions?

You can respond to triggered abilities, though.

But you can respond to the triggered ability being placed on the stack.

>Veeky Forums is shit at magic as per usual

RG could be Berserker, and BG could be Shaman. WU should be Advisors so GU can be Wizard.

>lacks the synergy
Aww, you can't copy Time with Time Again? That was the whole point.

>Aww, you can't copy Time with Time Again? That was the whole point.
Nope, when you cast a fuse spell it's all one spell with the combined text, so it can't target itself.

"Discard" has a specific rules meaning. It does not involve or apply to cards in a library.

This is the non-fucked version of the card I posted. The point was to explore new/alternate/what-if rules text.

Again, "discard" already has a very specific meaning. Giving it two meanings would just confuse things.
It's like back when "play" meant four different things. Nobody liked that, nobody wants to return to that.

There is already slang for "puts the top card of library into graveyard"; it's mill.

Beserker could work, I don't think green often gets wizards though.

Should GW be Monks, archers or scouts?
Should I try to include druid tribal?

Rare.

WU advisors
GW monks
GU druids
BG Warriors
RB Shamans

Problem solved.

Even though this is the right way to do it, lands that "cost" mana still feel odd to me. Also, is correct.

Maybe list the mechanics you're working with for each pairing and that'd help us figure out what tribe(s) would work best?

Nice Final Fantasy reference. I like the ability as well.

Are these effects balanced? The set has a theme of Misthollow Griffin-like creatures for the blue one, but I'm questioning the mechanic as viable. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a blue-focused mechanic that's not shit?

If you're going to do "from exile" stuff in blue, can't go wrong with Suspend and Rebound. I wouldn't do Misthollow Griffin as a source for a repeatedly featured mechanic personally, but as custom cardmakers/setmakers, we aren't really bound by NWO or complexity issues. We don't have to design cards for mouthbreathers. That said, I also think constraining yourself to WotC's design conventions is a healthy challenge.

As far as these Sages go... they are kind of all over the place from a power standpoint. Like, Salted is really super good because it just rewards you for playing the game as black. All the ones that just reward normal play like Salted, Stoneskin, Stormborn, and Whitesand are all better than the more situational ones.

>The set has a theme of Misthollow Griffin-like creatures
Exile != graveyard 2.0.
Also, you'd need an inordinate amount of exile spells and abilities to make it viable, and said exile S&A or GY2.0ers would be highly junk in and of themselves or the interaction would be gamebreaking.

Salted, Stormborn, Stoneskin are all fine. Sunscorched is likely fine, but don't overdo the tribal support or it'll feel too forced. Whitesand would be fine at 1W, it's trash at 1WW.

Abilities don't seem like they would work well together. Vigilance and battlecry encourage attacking, but she's too small to attack into blockers and she's the easiest of your attackers to block. Likewise, she's too small to block and doesnt benefit from her defensive ability.

Lords hardly ever benefit from their own anthems. Would you rather see her at 4/4 for 3GW? And how don't the abilities work well together? I mean does she need to anthem vigilance too and be 100% self-contained? As far as I can tell the only weak spot is that she doesn't buff toughness but makes blocking easier. Of course, that also means you can chump two creatures with a 1/1 but I guess that isn't enough?

Hey, I was wondering where the custom card threads have been lately. Anyway, here's two more legendary creatures because that's all I end up designing anyway.

Scry doesn't use the mana symbol for the number, otherwise I like the look of both of those quite a lot.

First ability should just be "opponents can't search unless" since you can almost always fail to find.

Yahoel is interesting.

It isn't using the mana symbol for {1}, not sure what you mean. Thank you though I'm glad you like her

I didn't want mindlock orb/leonin arbiter because this allows her to still be a political tool. Thank you

I agree, I'd love to see more FF inspired cards. Here's one I made a while back

I don't like the thought of mono U getting a 4/1 but personal feelings aside I like the card. Seems like a fine common. (I don't play pauper though)

aside from name problems why not just make it R/W first strike and G/B deathtouch

How do I make a custom template for MSE?

Karn laughs at Samurai poser.