/hhg/ Horus Heresy General

The long wait until Angelus edition.

Old thread >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Casualties
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

word bearers a shit

What do you expect Papa Bird's model will be like? It would be nice if was like the art where he is holding the Gate.

Erebus a shit

Kor Pharon worst Firs Captain too

Lorgar was doomed from the start with these two fuckholes by his side.

Who does WWI best: Iron Warriors, Death Guard, or Imperial Fists?

I’ve always thought the Sokar is too small to be a proper stormbird, and after reading Inferno and it mentioned a class of Stormbird so big it blocked out the sun, I decided to stat it for fun. So this is it. What do you think Veeky Forums?

Apophis-Class Stormbird

3,250 points.

BS 4
Front 14
Side 13
Rear 12
HP 30

Unit Composition
• 1 Apophis pattern Stormbird

Unit Type
• Super-Heavy Flyer (Hover, Transport)

Wargear
• One twin-linked Thunderhawk Cannon
• Twelve turret-mounted twin-linked lascannon
• Two turret-mounted twin-linked missile launcher
• Eight wing-mounted Dreadstrike Missiles
• Two Macro-Bomb Clusters
• Orbital strike beacon
• Armoured Ceramite
• Multi void shield generator

Special Rules
• Assault Vehicle
• Shield Projection
• Reinforced Structure
• Sun Killer

Transport Capacity
• The Apophis Stormbird has two transport bays that are treated separately as to what they may carry into battle.
-The troop deck may only transport models with the infantry special rule. It has a transport capacity of 120 models.
-The tank bay has a transport capacity of 120 models, but may only be used for tanks and armoured vehicles. This includes Dreadnoughts, Castellax Battle-Automata (That each count as a Dreadnought for their troop capacity), Rhinos and rhino-hulled vehicles (which count as 12 models each), Predators and Sicarans (which take up 15 models in capacity each), Land Raiders (Which take up 20 models in capacity each) and super-heavy tanks of under 10 Hull Points (Which take up 40 models in capacity each). Any transport vehicles being transported may themselves carry units without those units taking up space in the Apophis.

Access points
•Two access hatch on each side and one transport ramp each at the front and rear of the vehicle.

IW with DG allies

All three do it well, not sure who is best honestly. Didn't Salamanders for a time fight like the Death Guard?

I personally always wanted to see the two legions with the toughest gene-seed go at it. Plus a fluffy fight between Vulkan and Mortarion could be fun.

Multi Void Shield Generator
Whilst the model’s void shields are active, any hits scored by shooting attacks against it strike its void shields instead. The Apophis has four void shields, each with an Armour value of 12. A Glancing hit or Penetrating hit or any hit by a Destroyer weapon scored against a shield causes it to collapse. After this, further hits strike the original target instead. At the end of each of its controlling player’s turns, roll a D6 for each collapsed shield – a roll of 5+ instantly restores it.

Shield Projection
So long as the Apophis is in Hover mode and remains stationary this turn, its controlling player may declare that it is projecting its void shields at the start of their turn. This means that their area extends to cover all units within 12" of the Apophis’ main hull and wings in their protection.

Reinforced Structure
The Apophis has an invulnerable save of 5+ against any attacks that have breached its void shields.

Sun killer: The Apophis is the largest of all Stormbirds, a craft that rivals a void-bomber in size. This makes it an easier target to hit than any of its smaller counterparts. Due to its size, any enemy units that target the Apophis do not need to make snap-shots when it is zooming and to-hit rolls use their normal ballistic skill even if they do not have the skyfire special rule.

Transport Ramp: up to four separate units may exit from the Apophis front and rear ramp each turn.

Is there any backstory on how such a smug, obviously untrustworthy asshole as Erebus came to be First Chaplain and advisor to a Primarch?

Divine intervention.
I fucking love Erebus.

I just assume Kor Pharon was an old man who didn't know any better and Lorgar was just stupid and willing to listen to anyone.

Getting the Veteran Tacs worked up, onto the bolter casings
do I go with basic red, or do blue-black highlights?

Erebus is Destinys Hand :^)

nice fists KA

dont cyberbully me

They will never release a Sanguinius model.

>Didn't Salamanders for a time fight like the Death Guard?
Not really, but both legions are known for their use of flamers. But the Salamanders only use normal flamers of course, not that toxic shit the DG use.

The Salamanders fought the DG at Isstvan V, it's mentioned in Vulkan Lives.

You do know an apple blots out the sun if you hold it close enough to your eye right?

user, we aren't talking about Dorn or Alpharius.

The Primarch dude has been working on Papa Sang since before Inferno.

Have you lost your temper, Roboute?

FW are the ones that called it the 'Sun Killer'.

You don't even know how to write his name. Read the fluff before shitposting

>Have you lost your temper, Roboute?

The mark of Calth will continue to run.
IT IS RUNNING NOW.

Frankly it looks like the guns, capabilities and tankiness of about 2.5 Stormbirds stacked together for slightly more than the price of three. When you're competing with slots directly with a Warlord Titan, you're going to need some bigger guns. Unless I literally wanted to transport my entire Mechanicum army at once, there doesn't seem to be anything that makes this better than three regular Sokars and some Enginseers or Techmarines to fix them.

The Sokar can't carry proper battle tanks though. I wanted something that could carry a full platoon of Fellblades and a whole company to spare. The sort of vehicle that could disgorge an entire army into the heart of the enemy line.

Have you any ideas to improve it?

Really, add more gun, given that that thing will be carrying around almost it's points again in tanks and power armour it really needs to have ways to nuke down something bigger than a Stormblade. AV creep has made S10 surprisingly ineffective, though. Probably hand it something to make sure it shows up on Turn 2 reliably or can start hovering Skyshield style, too, since that's a deathstar and a half even in Apoc.

Who is the next primarch to be released? After that?

Magnus, no clue.

Go cry to Yvraine about your worries. Race-traitor.

Its been like 4 years since they got their rules for fucks sake.

Magnus and g-boy have TWO models! GIMME DORN FW!

I thought a nose mounted twin thunderhawk cannon and the same Strength D Orbital Strike beacon as the Sokar would be enough. Would a pair of twin Turbolasers in the wings help?

We;re setting up to do our second episode of the podcast, going to be covering talons of the emperor and possibly titan guard. besides those topics, anything else you'd like to see discussed?

what podcast you inbred cuck

the /hhg/ one
hopefully with less overlapping audio this time

Yeah, that'll probably do it just fine. I see the regular Stormbird as the"flying double Baneblade" since it's about that tough and well-armed. Yours looked somewhat undergunned for what's now the flying sextruple Baneblade.

sounds gay, you going to post a link bumboy?

Basically if I ever build it the model will have a meter and a wingspan and fit two Sokars nose to tail inside.

Have less people on this time. 4 at the absolute maximum.

That's all we had for the first episode and all the ones in the future.

Forming up a helix pattern??

>I hid the future, I fought Russ, I lost and was thrown into the Warp.
>I survived, but I was captured by Tzeench.
>How happy I would have been if the gods let me die then and there...

>Our wishes do not come true. We just cling on to our dreams, our phantoms. Mine, and yours.
>You can kill Horus, murder Mortarion, slaughter Perturabo... Burn the whole Imperium down, and it still won't bring me back.

....Say "_____" would be appropriate for Magnus? Obviously not Peace, right?

Magnus and then Sanguinius.

anyone got a Triaros from CCON?
was the quality good, resin workable?

Shit's great yo, although I had the older yellow resin.

Yeah, that certainly sounds like it needs bigger guns. You could use that as a gaming table straight up, let alone as a miniature.

Would make into even bigger whale/10. May want to have a rule that lets infantry deepstrike onto the top, and include some defense turrets like the Warlord Titan mauler bolt cannon on the top, so you can actually board the thing with assault marines or Ursarax and drop meltabombs onto the Void Shield Generator and other bits to do some kind of FTL style subsystem damage.
Would be a bit fiddly to make rules for, but it would be fun as hell to play.

Hey doods, can you telle me how's my list ?
Legio Cybernetica (1485pts)

+ HQ +

Archmagos Dominus (255pts). Abeyant, Augury Scanner, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array, Cortica Primus.

Magos Dominus (90pts). Cyber-familiar

+ Troops +

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple (240pts)
> 2x - Castellax class Battle-automata. Enhanced Targeting Arrays

> 2x - Castellax class Battle-automata . Enhanced Targeting Arrays

Thallax Cohort (150pts)
> 3x Thallax. Melta bombs

Thallax Cohort (150pts)
> 3x Thallax. Melta bombs

+ Fast Attack +

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple (385pts).
> 5x - Vorax Class Battle-automata. Bio-corrosive ammunition

Are you the one doing the mad as hell Whale Sokar? You are inspiring. If you can do that, I can make an Apophis.

Lacking anti-tank.

what should i change (while remaining under 1500 pts) ?

Are volkite serpentas any good ever? How about weaponmaster Veteran squads? (>implying they're good)

Also do you guys think a drop to the same cost as a plasma pistol would be fair for the archaeotech pistol?

Yeah, that's me. Genetor user, that crazy idiot with the whalebird and the Dune Navigator Magi. Got to love dual kits and bits sites.
Well, I haven't even finished buying all the bitz for the thing yet. Most of the gondola will probably be from a mix of Baneblade and Firestorm Redoubt parts, and liberal greenstuff, but I either need to find a new whale to build onto or pay an extra £52 for shipping, and I would rather not pay Forgeworld Knight prices for about 4/9 of the build.

What's your mental image for the Apophis? Bigger regular'Bird, or something similar to the old concept art with the turbines?

How effective are Darkfire cannons as anti-tank?
I've been considering ways to get cool beep boops into a legion list and Darkfire Castellax seem to appeal to me the most. Especially since with a Praevian you can give them Tank Hunters.

Maybe drop a vorax or two and maybe a unit of thallax and get some anti-tank weapons. The photon beams (or whatever) on the castellax are pretty good.

I don't think I've ever seen someone run a volkite serpenta, the five points they cast can always be better spent elsewhere.

As for weapon master vets I'm planning a full squad with axes to accompany my praetor when I'm feeling retarded.

Which legion?

Controversial statement incoming - anyone else worrying about whether they'll be able to give Sanguinius a good set of wings and decent dynamic pose in resin, and if they do whether it'll be fragile and fiddly as fuck?

Dark Angels. Going to stick some stasis grenades in there too to de-buff difficult targets.

FW is playing us like a damn fiddle

This, but four times the size.

I don't think dropping a unit of Thallax is a good idea. I mean they're the only scoring units.

That's an inquiry not a statement.

That's probably good.

Not controversial, it's a legit fear.
Personally even if the wings are fantastic I'd like to see an option to have them closed in rather than on full display.

Inb4 plastic Sanguinius

>That's probably good.
It's probably retarded really but I'm in love with the idea. It won't work most matches but when it does 40 WS5 power attacks on the charge plus whatever my praetor can put out will destroy most things short of a primarch.

But the Sanguinius model is already out...

They seem to have managed to do it in resin at least.

I can't wait to get hype over the next Primarch model. We've seen snippets of Magnus, but the real hullabaloo was the 40k model, and the part we saw of the resin told the rest of the story about the 30k one.

I hope it's Dorn, in the pose from the cover where he fights Alpharius, on a scenic base that's basically the Doom cover.

Drawfags/shoopfags feel free to make the "DORN" edit of the Doom cover.

Is there anywhere I can buy dead/fallen marines like those in the pic? Or do I need to convert them by myself?

Better ?
Legio Cybernetica (1495pts)

+ HQ +

Archmagos Dominus (255pts). Abeyant, Augury Scanner, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array, Cortica Primus.

Magos Dominus (90pts). Cyber-familiar

+ Troops +

> 2x - Castellax class Battle-automata. Enhanced Targeting Arrays

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple (280pts)
> 2x - Castellax class Battle-automata . Darkfire Cannon Enhanced Targeting Arrays

Thallax Cohort (160pts)
> 3x Thallax. Ferrox

Thallax Cohort (160pts)
> 3x Thallax. Ferrox

+ Fast Attack +

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple (310pts).
> 4x - Vorax Class Battle-automata. Bio-corrosive ammunition

The one being mauled by the wolf is part of the Wolf's model (it's an understatement to say "base"), but I think the rest are converted, if that's even the right word and more has been done than posing it.

The whole feel of the models is quite different when they don't have bases all beneath them and you pose them in dioramas. I like it.

"Deny the Witch™ on a 6+ (sometimes on a 5+ or even a 4+ but never on a 3+ (maybe if the emperor is released))" Magnus

Let's say I want to split 3000 points roughly evenly between Mechanicum and Legions.
What should the legionaries be doing while big Monstrous Creatures (Castellax, Thanatar, and Arlatax when they eventually come out) make up the Mechanicum's ranks? Does footslogging them become more viable when there are juicy high-toughness targets around drawing fire? Or should I go all-out on heavy armour and/or deep strike?

Is Domitar Automata any good ?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Casualties

Damn it Mk7
>armor mark autism intensified

Less memes, sperging, awkwardness and a point to it beyond 4 people lightly chatting about something.

You though there was more because the introduction section was almost bullet to the head tier awkwardness.

It was the first ever episode, of course it was going to be awkward. It'll get better in time.

Just keep at it dude, you seem to be getting a lot of negative comments but it will get better as you try it.

Quite hard to get an idea of scale there unless that's a full size Thunderhawk, but that does look pretty. Probably can find some suitably gigantic parts from military plane models, but the problem with that is the Astartes never learned that the best way to fly is not to bludgeon through as much air as possible. Might be hard making it suitably blocky.

It's Veeky Forums, it's to be expected. And the negative comments are just fuel to improve. Many times they make legitimate arguments. It was awkward, and rather structureless. But then that's pretty much Veeky Forums to a T, and this is the Veeky Forums HH Podcast, at least for now.

If you aren't too adverse to a name change maybe go for the Veeky Forums or traditional games podcast. That way anyone familiar will know exactly what it is and if it gets popular the Veeky Forums association won't scare away the normies.

The local meta is getting kinda tough with banana men and lots of cherryboy thousand sons, and i've lost four out of the last five games with NL. Kinda tempted to the dark side with Mechanicum, can someone Critique?

315-Scoria-Abeyant

230-2x Castellax-Power Blades
280-2x Castellax-Darkfire, ETA
320-6x Thallax, Ferrox, Heavy Chainblades

175-Vulturax

300-Thanatar-ETA, Paragon

380-Knight Errant,Ocular Augmetics

Is this too harsh to build towards? I'm basing it off the cybernetica bundle. Mechanicum are weird, theres so many brokenly-good stuff available, i'm going to try to stay away from grav at least. Scoria or some other duellist character is almost necessary since people usually bring primarchs or at least a dedicated melee unit

I'd say those Yvraines are traitor to their fellow Aeldari. What I liked the most about the Great Crusade is that it was going to end in the extinction of all non-human life in the galaxy.

Do you guys think the E's xenocide was necessary / justifiable?

Honestly, I wish the Emphra was never made. He fucked humanity more than any Xenos.

Well, the Great Crusade cleansed the galaxy of some of the most perfidious creatures ever. However, some, like the Interex, didn't deserve such fate.

Honestly, that's not going to handle Custodes at all well. Thallax are not good for Cybernetica, two units as Reductor tax isn't that bad, but for Cybernetica you want a couple 20-man Fearless Adsecularis units instead to boost the body count. Personally I prefer Ordo Reductor for unit variety,. but if you really want beep boops then cut the Thallax and the Knight, buy yourself the Homonculex since it's a nice cheap deal and probably get a small group of Vorax to outflank in Scoria.

Cybernetica can't deal well with the golden bananas because they lack ranged S10 and don't want to be close to all the AP2 Instant Death and Heliothermic rounds mean they can suddenly lose Castellax and such to one botched roll. Rock yourself some sexy sexy Myrmidons and dump Conversion Beamer fire or grav on them, and tarpit with Adsec all the time. Knight is decent but not great given their list excels at dealing with elite, high Wound stuff with little access to Strength 10. I've found one small Grav squad to kill Primarchs and such is a necessity, and they'll soon learn to stop suiciding in deathstars.

Well, if the Old Night's alien abduction was pretty much the same as the Beast's human farm, I'm really not sure it would be a better fate than living in 40k's dystopian Imperium.

How did the Furibundus dread differ from the standard eggnaught back then?

Just curious as to what an updated version might look like

Look at Dodidoe and realize it can be anything. I'm guessing something CC, but they already made the Leviathan, so who knows.

> bump

(also it's mostly for casual gaming, and mostly against 40k)

> sell your soul to tzeentch
> order the titan maniple
> FW has to give you three grand
> win every game of apocalypse for the rest of your cursed life

So I've got the leviathan with storm cannon and grav flux on order. I already have 2 Contemptor Mortis and 1 Contemptor fist and melta/ keres.

Do I get another leviathan with claw and drill, to drop pod in. Or a autocannon, missile Deredeo? If I get Deredeo I could run all three Contemptors as a talon!

Also if I get Deredeo I could get a claw for the leviathan to magnetise and give me options! What's better? Cheers

Give your dominus a power fist, and paragon blade, or some kind of ranged weapon, so he can actually do something other than cast pesdo-spells

also, 2 Darkfire cannons does not a suffucent anti-tank make. take a karios, or something else

> kitting the dominus
I'm going to blow the points on the dominus and I don't think it's a good idea (and I'm trying to stay under 1500pts)

> also, 2 Darkfire cannons does not a suffucent anti-tank make. take a karios, or something else
If 2 darkfire cannons aren't enough, which beep boop shoud I take to get descent anti tank (should I kit Thallax in that way ?)

Honestly your issue is trying to stay under 1500 points. That is a big zone mortalis game in HH, you should be aiming for at least 2000, ideally 2500.

I don't plan on playing games that big (and I can't afford it). And I will mostly be playing against 40k.

Cybernetica will struggle at anything under 2k, ideally you want 2.5k or greater. You're better off running taghmata and taking the thallax as compulsory troops then getting a krios Venator in there. Or finding the points for a vultarax with its haywire gun.