/WIP/ Work In Progress

Cleaning out all the[Open] edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
+++[OFFLINE - CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TECH-PRIEST]+++

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw
>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aT9Lm4Y886k
youtube.com/watch?v=XxJeO5QzAQk
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm
amazon.com/Badger-Air-Brush-RK-1-Additional-Regulator/dp/B0078MEXX8)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tabletop quality

Previous thread

nth for "how the fuck did stirland mud end up on this fire warrior's shoulder pad"

Got around to furthering my khornestruction crew and working on a random herald.

A warpsmith on the left in primer black and a mixture of bikes and maulerfiends in various stages of completion.

i love your army, user

>table top isnt a set amount of paint or washes

Yes it is, its the set amount of effort required to be put in to allow your army to participate in most if not all major events.

Thats why its known and has been known for a long time as TABLETOP standard, as its the standard effort of paint job you need to attend events that arent your local FLGS.

The term is over a decade old, and is a carry over rule from when GW still ran tourneys. It is still used in major events like the ITC even to this day.

Thats objective fact, anyone whos ever been to an old GW grand tourney knows it.

When user ran off at the mouth about tabletop standard he was wrong. Google is your friend.

What do you guys use to remove mold lines?

Files and hobby knives.

bull-fucking-shit.
I've played for now 15 years, attendedlots of tourneys and never used TTS to describe something with 3 colors. That's always been the painting MINIMUM to attend, whereas TTS describes a decently painted army, which looks good on a table. An army with the 3 color minimum doesnt.

youtube.com/watch?v=aT9Lm4Y886k

Really goes to show how cheesy and overrated those "classic" sculpts were.

Wrong

Thanks for dragging your autism into another thread. Can you kindly fuck off or actually post something that's /wip/

Its not the same person, friend

I have witnessed the dawn of a new meme. I can do not but pray it is a stillbirth.

Haha that's great. What do they count as?

okay, yea sure...

Guys, I want to put a tabletop standard ruined church on the base of my Knight, what three colours should I use?

Stop forcing your stupid meme

First time painting eldar. Please be gentle.

youtube.com/watch?v=XxJeO5QzAQk

Take a better picture

The feels when that's the best res I can get.

It doesn't look bad but I can't give you tips with such low resolution. Sorry user

When will the cold end, I just want to go prime a bunch of dudes...

Winter has come? Explains all the white shit.

I hate winter.

I want a nice spring temperature at all times.

yay my spellcrow stuff arrived

Such awful resolution, yet you can still see the mold lines.
Go back to work, user.

Dunno where you are but spring is usually too humid. Humidity more than cold fucks up priming.

Resolution is passable, it your lighting and focus that fucks with the image.

Buy a really cheap airbrush and use it for priming. Don't have to worry about humidity and you'll make the money back after priming a bunch of models. Much more economically friendly than spray cans.

Veeky Forums do you guys paint inside your land raiders? If not; why?

>Veeky Forums do you guys paint inside your land raiders?
yes

Is this yours? Please tell me how you did the weathering and mud. They look truly brilliant.

I've got into this argument with people before. They think GW tourney standards define tabletop standard, but the term tabletop standard predates those rules by quite some time.

No, I wouldn't fit

Just started converting Pink Horrors into Squigs, and I'm going to need to sculpt ~five goblin groins and legs so that they can ride the Squigs.

Pray for me, anons.

The only good reply to shitposts is pics of mediocre models for others to shit on.

You call that mediocre? You are like a little baby.

Watch this.

Thats not mediocre at all user. My opinion is that the scenery should be interesting to look at but never steals attention from the miniatures.

thats because I use shitty ass painted scenery

Let me enlight you about real mediocrity

My power is beyond your comprehension.

It could be good if you took the brown up bit to a dark bronze with brighter highlights and did some contrast work, red lenses could do it actually.

>I can do naught but pray
But otherwise I agree

Noted, user. Kinda want to stick to greens and browns for a semi-foresty look, but I'll do a test model with bronzes and red lenses once I have the paints.
>Tfw I did my best highlights on that Shas'U
>The weathering destroyed them
Honestly W H Y L I V E

COME AT ME BRO

It's out of focus. Put the phone in macro mode or move it back a bit

Could use some bright basing as its all quite dark.
I will never stop chuckling at this.
I like the colors for reasons I don't understand.

You were being trolled from the second someone used "table top standard" to insult you. He's wrong about the definition but why have you wasted easily hours of your week continuing this spat?

Oh you don't need to take the entire brown to obviously metallic bronze like the emblems,
it should end more like this, though i couldn't really do the metallic effect.

People like these are heroes. Turning their minis into hilarious works of art

I regularly spray outside in freezing weather. I just bring the models inside where it's warm as soon as the mist has settled.

My marines are helmet on, vehicles are hatches closed, flyers are armoured canopy.

You paid a huge amount for a lump of plastic. It should be shown all the attention you can afford it.

This makes me happy.

In that case, let me spread some happiness!

My WIP of Ixion Hale. Still have alot to clean up, do some more basing and fixing his magnificent beard and face.

And his hands. I forgot his hands.

I live in a cold climate too. Here's a trick.

>fill sink with hot water (not boiling)
>place can upright in sink with heavy object on top to stop it floating around
>wait 3-5 minutes
>go outside and prime
>repeat when the can cools, and don't forget to shake the shit out of it.

I have an airbrush, and have tried almost every airbrush primer out there. Nothing bonds with plastic as good as the GW chaos black. That's why I still use it.

Yeah. There's no fix for humidity or extreme heat. Cold is easy to get around.

your planning on using a wash right?

besides that the gold seems just a bit too thick, but toher than that it looks fine.

Like a Master Airbrush from Amazon?

you're*

Warpsmith on the left, maulerfiends and bikers

Yeah, siphon fed and single action are fine as all you're doing is priming. Find a cheap compressor and you're set.

how much space does a setup take and how messy is it? I don't have the luxury of some room or basement to dedicate fully to the hobby sadly.

>how much space does a setup take and how messy is it?
Hobby Compressors take up as much as a desktop PC cabinet, as for mess a spraybooth is pretty essential.

Suction optional.
compressors is in the grey box with the handle.

where does the spraybooth exhaust itself?

Not mine, but usually just out a window.

So the compressor that comes with it is that not sufficient? Apparently it runs hot. Pic related.

Should I also pick up a cleaner and pot holder or would blasting water through it be enough for now?

If it's not obvious I'm completely oblivious of airbrushes.

New link to add to pasta
>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

Reposting these 2 because last thread was too busy with violent shitposting
Everything I make is a meme...

i use a badger krome (amazon.com/Badger-Air-Brush-RK-1-Additional-Regulator/dp/B0078MEXX8) airbrush with that same exact compressor in that picture

the compressor is not the best, but the airbrush is 10x more important that the compressor, and i honestly do not notice any real difference between this and a high end compressor except it is hard to run the cheap compressor at higher pressure and get steady flow, but being that you will be airbrushing models you do not wan to go above 20 psi anyways wich it is pretty good at supply consistently.

Yea.. sad to say I think the space requirements are a bit beyond what I can accommodate.

Don't higher ene compressors have a tank so you can spray without a constant compressor drone.

>was working with resin last night
>woke up with nasty cough this morning
I-it's just a coincidence right? I was wearing a mask while working and vacuumed afterward!

sorry, you have terminal resinitis

Sounds like lung cancer. You're doomed. Not like Doomrider-doomed. More like dead-doomed. RIP.

yes, but the compressor noise does not bother since you get used to it and i usually listen to music anyways

IMO the extra money is not worth it unless you are a pro, spend the money you would spend on a better compressor on a better airbrush.

CNC worskshop forklifts, nice.

What's a good colour to put between my black prime layer and a top pink layer to keep the pink reasonably bright without 50,000 layers.

Was thinking Celestra Grey or Mephiston Red.

You were told not to do that shit faggot.

mephiston red is a good choice since it covers really good.

consider priming in white though, will save you a headache for lighter colors

Don't have a white primer since I can only brush my primer since I live somewhere where it's too cold to prime outside just now and I don't have space for an airbrush area.

I'll try Mephiston. Hopefully the red under the slightly transparent pink might make it look better.

just use your brush with vallejo grey primer

if you cant airbrush then apply the mephiston and then the pink

Vallejo grey primer is the truth. I have a big bottle of the stuff and I swear by it. Doesn't obscure detail, bonds to plastic, resin, and metal, and brushes on easily.

So how hard is a scheme like this to paint?

>Black canadians
Just start with light grey and go up to white and dont fuck up when applying the black.

I'm not a big fan of white schemes, just because the vehicles tend to look really boring.

But if you do it, you'll want to use a very light grey instead of white, otherwise it'll look very bad.

Vallejo do a massive range of coloured polyurethane primers, including white.

What does tg think of my BA assault marines?

Not trying to look fantastic, just decent, gonna put a lot of effort into the seargent

Only spent an hour on this one

Since we're on topic what light grey do you use in particular? Is pic related a good choice?

i use the primer grey

gris

>edge highlighting power fists

Reposting from last thread since, well, not much else has been done on my end.
Looking for ideas on how to go about making it look more "dropped from orbit"
Also, I find using an vallejo's polished bone to be good for old whites.

>A