Space Pics Needed

I'm making a card game to play with some friends of mine for fun. The rules are similar to YuGiOh but gutted with some tweaks made.

Anyway, I'm making cards and need good pictures of ships, fighters, planets, space scenery etc.

So, ship thread? I'll start by posting a few of the cards I have done. Warning, they're really basic as we're just kinda doing this to pass the time.

post mechanics

Alright, here goes:

Your deck is 50 cards, composed of 4 different kinds of cards:

>Ship cards (red) - they have HP, Firepower and Shields for stats. If your firepower exceeds your enemy shields, you inflict damage to their HP. Also, Ships cost Morale to deploy on the field.

>Strike cards (blue) - Things like fighters, drones, etc. They have Firepower and Shields, too, but no HP - one successful attack on them and they're gone. However, as long as a Strike Zone in front of one of your ships is occupied, that Ship cannot be attacked
> Aux cards (green) - Equipment or mods that can be attached to your Ships. Each Ship Zone has two Aux Zones that correspond to it.
> Cosmic cards (purple) - Cards that can give special effects and change how things flow on the field.

Each player starts the game with 100 Morale. Morale are points that are used to deploy Ship and Strike cards. When a Ship or Strike card is destroyed, you lose the same amount of Morale used to deploy it.

There's more to it than that, but that's the basics so for. Still a big WIP while we tweek rules.

Actually sounds pretty neat. How much damage do the ships do if they exceed shields? Is it however much firepower they have?

Have you heard of Star Realms?

The difference between the attacker's firepower and the defender's shield is the amount of damage taken to HP.

That way, even if your opponent pulls a sudden move and vastly boosts their firepower, you might still have a chance to do something and not lose a ship in one single turn.

I have not, actually.

You should make a .pdf of the rules, and a fileshared .zip link of all the cards, so people can try it out. Legit looks breddy fun. Sadly I don't know what general you'd post it in in order to get long term feedback, if that's what you're looking for. How many cards do you have at the moment? If you want images, I'd recommend Pinterest.

At the moment, I have a little over 20 cards. I do like the idea of making a .pdf of the rules and a .zip, once we have enough cards.

I think I might put up a zip off the .psd files, so if people wanted to design some cards for the game in the thread, they could be added.

I love homemade games. Had a go at sprucing up your card. I wanted to do more, but lost steam half-way through. In many ways I like your clean MSpaint style more than my own effort. Example card attached, with the templates to follow. When I get home I'll post some images from my space folder too.

When you finish this, post it on GetDecked too. It'd be awesome to see a full game or two on there.

The symbols along the bottom are Cost, Firepower and Shields.

I used a palette without green in it, so aux became orange. The font is Bebas Neue, btw - it's a nice clean free domain font, good for sci-fi and fantasy.

Some like this I'm choosing because they might have some use on a more general card.

I thought I had a lot more, but looking through them I realised 90% were technical drawings of real life spaceships, models of theoretical spaceships, or just plain hard sci-fi (which I don't think would suit your theme.) Hope you find a few good ones in this batch. I'll check the thread tomorrow if it lives.

would like to see some custom card templates
share your work anons

So a 20-morale ship would bring you down to 80 morale once deployed, and 60 once defeated? Damn. Better make the power progression curve exponential.

Hey, I played a game of this recently. It's pretty good. Seconding the recommendation.

Bump