How do I convince my party not to execute a defeated assassin?

How do I convince my party not to execute a defeated assassin?

I have no arguments except muh feelings and muh moralfagging. He's dangerous, an unknown and we don't know how he'll react to anything.

Yet my character couldn't stand executing an obviously experimented on 15-year old boy. What do?

The hard choice of course. Have your character grow, or be a wimp and just become a chaotic stupid murdohobo like the rest.

Leave the party. Fight the party. Or accept it and move on.

Your move OP.

No. He wants to be a true hero. Murderhoboing is not an option.

If they kill him they'll never find the treasure.

What treasure?

Convince them to bind him instead, at least until you have more info on who sent the assassin. The hard truth though is that there aren't a lot of ways to heal a mentally broken person in most D&D settings; it's trauma, not a curse, so magic won't really help. The most merciful option may be to put him out of his misery.

The treasure of Aimah Uinar.

Aimah Uinar?

Your character should stop being selfish and consider the party's perspectives and safety.

You can throw your hat in and explain yourself, but your issue is not really an example of you breaking away from murderhoboing.

I don't understand why Veeky Forums has this weird contrarian perspective where killing someone who just tried to murder you is somehow tasteless and edgy. I don't know about the rest of your players, but if I just got through a tough fight which almost killed me and/or my friends then I would probably have limited patience for someone screaming "NO WE MUST SPARE AND REDEEM HIM".

If you want to come to blows over this that's fine but again, I'd have even less patience for someone who'd actually start PvP over something so small.

I won't begrudge you for roleplaying. Just understand you don't really have any kind of moral high ground in this situation.

kek'd.

I do understand, that's why I said I have no arguments.

I've been attacked in the middle of the night by two 15 year old kids, grabbed one by the throat while the other Allahu Akhbar'd. They both cried and showed fear.

My character is trying to be an ideal hero. There is no contrarianism or breaking away from murderhoboing. It's his character.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

convince them to interrogate him instead and then hand to the local authorities hoping for gold.

or tell them that necrophilia is punished by all gods.

lol'd

Well, there is always Mindrape.

That's the Problem with most Fantasy Roleplayers.. there is no magic to help so fuck it we just kill him its mercifull...
you have to talk to those people.
Yes it is the hard road but helping mentally broken people IS HARD and it should be!
Thats what roleplaying is about, doing things the charactr would do, and a character is more than just magic and spells.

Oh OP.

This is the opportunity many good players dream for. You make a stand, you even say you don't have any good reasons other than it's not right to kill another.

Hopefully your DM is will be on board with this character growth and USE it.

Ha, you said,"I'm a wiener"!

Rape him and keep him as a rape puppet? Look, the only arguments are moral ones.

Make him more valuable alive than dead.

>you even say you don't have any good reasons other than it's not right to kill another.

I encourage roleplaying but I have a hard time understanding why a bleeding heart like that would ever become an adventurer. And if he did, he'd probably quickly realize he can't dictate that sort of behavior to others.

Pacifist or other "no killing" characters can work in a group dynamic. Look at say, Shepherd Book from Firefly. He frequently expresses distaste for violence but he also doesn't turn every morally questionable act into a big argument.

>Doesn't the book forbid killing?
Yes, but it is somewhat less specific about knee caps.

Top tier taste my melanin enriched brother.

>I encourage roleplaying but I have a hard time understanding why a bleeding heart like that would ever become an adventurer. And if he did, he'd probably quickly realize he can't dictate that sort of behavior to others.
"With the whole world set on tearing itself apart, it don't seem like such a bad thing to me to want to put a little bit of it back together."
-Andrew Garfield

As I've said multiple times in this thread: He's not aspiring to be an adventurer, he's aspiring to be a hero.

It's kinda difficult since his sister (another PC) is Lawful Evil, but so far we had sort of a rapport.

Killing kids is where he draws the line, and if that makes him a bleeding heart then so be it.

Simply lay out the logical facts: this is a child that has been abused and manipulated. Keeping them alive could be a valuable source of information, either about your enemy or their methods. There's also a chance your enemy will come for them, whether to tie up a loose end or to try and reclaim them
This allows you to seize the pace from the enemy, you can now dictate where they strike next.

Besides.if they're an assassin I'm sure there's a reward for them somewhere.

Desmond Doss didn't spend his entire military career arguing with other soldiers about how it's wrong to kill people. He communicated it a few times, but he did know there was a war on and it wasn't the time for a soap box.

He turned his pacifism into something productive and became a national hero for it. Then he prayed for his fellow soldiers so they wouldn't go to hell for serving their country. I don't begrudge pacifist or "heroic" characters who stick by their ideals. I do begrudge busybodies who turn every situation into a moral argument.

Is the kid beyond redemption/fixing? Would you take responsible for him and his actions and take him under your wings?

I don't know, we still haven't interrogated him. But if yes, I would.

Than be a Hero and not a whining fucker.

Tell that yes, you understand that it is dangerous to leave him alive, but you are ready to take all the responsibility for what this boy will do from this point if group leaves him alive.

Propose an alternative, depending on the resources at hand? Been playing 3.pf, got in a similar situation and used Curse of Disgust a bunch to strongly dissuade him from turning on us.

Roll a new character as you decided to take care of the chunni and become his guardian, opening an school for the gift and misfit of the world, or take him under your heroic wing and teach him how to be a man and make him into a Shonen hero with a tragic backstory.

>He
Make it a she. Even in modern day hostage situations women are many times more likely to survive than men by virtue of being women. Describe her as being a young slut with a bangin' bod and a huge rack. Unless one of your players is a total moralfag or Kazuma, she'll live.

Apprehend the target for interrogation, once you have what you need turn him in to the authorities

>How do I convince my party not to execute a defeated assassin?

Throw him in jail where the GM will just have him escape anyway. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson then.

Raise the notion that there might be an undetectable bomb inside him, warded against scrying and detection and set to go off the moment he dies, killing anyone nearby.

Nobody ever said you couldn't lie for the greater good.

>Captured prisoner
>Same as an enemy soldier

>Kazuma
BEST VARIATION OF THE DICK ASS THIEF