Fucking normies edition

Fucking normies edition

Previously on /edh/ :
RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/surrak-smash-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm creating a new deck, as with all my decks, they are named something political.

Sylvala, explore return stax combo-
>fox news, fair and balanced

Nath of the guilt leaf stax-
>TSA, just put it in the bin

And my newest saksia aggro-
>the Republican party

So this begs question who will lead my new idea the oval office deck with some current magic card representing trump. So this begs the question who should it be. The only qualifier is that either lore wise Or effect wise they are parallel. Color is not a concern, ironically

Maga.

The Reserved List was first published on 4 March 1996, as a response to the protests against *Chronicles* and *Fourth Edition*.

During the years, the Reserved List is changed. The last and the worst revision was in 2010: if this had not happened, probably today we would have seen Masterpieces dual lands!

I know that there is a lot of hype for Modern Master 2017, but I want to remember to all players that, at least until today, the Reserved List is the unresolved mistake.

I hope we will see snow or legendary dual lands before it's too late.

My vote goes to Doran mono walls

That's good, but I'd pick Karlov of the Ghost Council.
>Member of a religious plutocracy
>Gets fat while in place
>Kicks folks out of the game
Really, you just need to include some walls after that. Maybe Extort effects. Blind Obedience is basically always a good card.

>no thread question
>no magic card in the OP
>no subject line
Please correct these behaviours if you must make the OP. Accidents happen, but don't let a mistake become a habit.

Fuck off, retard.

>p-pls tell me what to talk about I don't have my own thoughts

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/surrak-smash-2/

i think i did it better this time with the fixing of mana packages. thoughts?

I-i'm okay with something different once in a while

> implying I'm not a huge sports fan and a magic player at the same time

Hey, feel free to do what you want, but if you fuck up, expect people to tell you as much. It's not difficult, don't be dense.

Exactly. People make mistakes and that's part of life, but being obtuse is bad form more than anything.

You MIGHT see Legendary, but I'd highly doubt we see Snow without them killing the reserve list in the first place.

Dude, the amount of crossover between Football and Magic is crazy in my area.

>Conclave Naturalists and Indrik Stomphowler
>over Reclamation Sage or that one mana grub
Any reason in particular?

So you're one of THOSE people, got it

I didn't fuck up, and it wasn't a mistake. There's no need for you to be so aggressive.

Same here. The LGS is neckbeard, no deodorant central; but there's a huge number of "normies" that play together on their kitchen tables that overlap with it on some nights.

bigger bodies, works with sight of the scalelord, triggers both packleader and the ascendancy, also reminds me to not waste those effects too early

Whatever do you mean? :^)

I understand.

Sakura-Tribe Elder is duplicated in your list, also given the number of critters in your list have you considered Selvala's Stampede or Elvish Piper?

What are your preferred game sizes?

I'd say 4 is my ideal number of players. I'll take 5, but I really don't wanna go above that, and I prefer just playing 1v1 over playing 3 players.

4 is also my ideal, though I don't mind playing 1v1 or 3 player. I've discovered that games that are more than 5 people are just suicide, especially since a couple people around here are enamored with "lmao game warping group hug/chaos" at the moment ...
6+ just leads to long grindy games where you have to wait a half hour between your turn 3 and turn 4, let alone 5 to 6. Drives me nuts but sometimes those are the only games being played so I'm stuck in them.
Stuff like that is probably also why I can't stand slow play or chaos effects at the moment.

Elvish Piper is a trap and you know it

4 is perfect in every way. 3 is pretty good too. I don't really like 1v1 and more than 4 just takes way too long.

Yeah. 4 players hits the sweet spot of multiplayer for me, but 6 or more just takes too fucking long and it's way more likely that shit gets turned tits-up by one guy whose board you can't even see.

3 players is non-ideal for me because it almost always devolves into 2v1 by turn 4.

thanks, i forgot to add the expertise, so when i saw 100 i thought i was done. evlish piper is hard to find, but ill consider the stampede.

3 is shit.
4 become teams or massive feel bad.
5 is a clusterfuck.
6 is the patrician choice.

What about 6 makes it less of a clusterfuck than 5, in your opinion? I've always found 6 player games to be on the wrong side of 'clusterfuck', rather than 5, but I'd like to hear your input on the matter.

>Elvish Piper is hard to find
They're like 7 fucking dollars

>n-no I never make mistakes, I'm intentionally retarded
Whatever you say champ. Crossboarders are always such swine.

Why would football fans be outside during the Super Bowl?

I'm not going to bother asking why the artist thinks grown men would act like 1980s Hollywood stereotypes of teenagers.

Because the Super Bowl doesn't start until like 4 PM and they're clearly picking up beer and chipz

>Next neat rare creature dropped to uncommon
Literally Pauper Commander: The Set

4 and 5 are ideal.
I'd rather just play legacy than 1v1 EDH.
3 is "we're going to team up to beat you, and then the strongest of us will absolutely destroy the other one, while the sheep is under the illusion that second place means anything"
6 and more is a clusterfuck of missed triggers and overlooked boardstates.

>Temple at uncommon
Shit how did I missed that, MM17 is a goldmine for Pauper Commander. That one grixis specter also dropped to uncommon.

>All populate commons reprinted
>Soul Warden reprinted
>Avacyn’s Pilgrim and Fists of Ironwood reprinted
It's like WotC just wants me to build a Selesnya pEDH token deck

>mfw my LGS is called "Sports Collectibles" and the owner gives me discounts because I'm the only Magic Player who he can talk sports to.

To be fair that had no business being a rare in the first place

The op pic is cringe worthy.

What is the current speculation on the next banlist update?

I'd hate to have another year of

>no changes

stagnation. Painter's servant needs to come off the list.

I never understood why nerds never casually followed sports to seem normal. I love sports, but it's something easy and topical for small talk, you literally only need 5 mins on the shitter to seem like a knowledgeable fellow.

>mfw my LGS is "Addiction" and everyone hates the subhumans who staff the place and spend half an hour chatting with a friend before helping customers, but the prizing structure is bonkers and consequently it's the biggest store for miles

Because anyone who actually knows sports will be able to tell you have no fucking clue what you're talking about?

Because if nerds cared about 'seeming normal' they wouldn't be nerds.

Probably because "knows hardly anything about sports but is pretending they do to seem 'normal' " is about a thousand times more pathetic than just saying "I don't really like sports"

>Hey user, did you hear about how *insert player * had *insert statline*? You know, I thought it was pretty cool how *insert team* has been *insert winning trend*. But that wasn't half of it, I can't believe *insert trendy topic*. Okay have a good one man, go *local team's slang name*.

You're enevitably going to start a war and you have no idea what you're doing.

But why? What's the point?

And what do you do if they ask you about a different team? Or about a specific player other than the one you know about?

This is the equivalent of 'learning' about Magic so you can have a conversation like this:

"Hey user, did you hear about how Jon Finkel went 8-2 at the last GP? You know, I thought it was pretty cool how Mardu Vehicles has been Doing Well. But that wasn't half of it, I can't believe Fetches in Modern Masters! Okay, have a good one man, go Unban Jace."

To avoid 80's style man drama and relate to otherwise awkward people with comfortable small talk in forced situations. But, this user has it:

They wouldn't be nerds if they cared about any of that.

4-6 is good

4 is a nice number to have real interactions without zillion hour games
5 is pretty similar but lets you play, say, Star setups (or any similar variant where the players at the table represent a full cycle be it mono, allied, enemy, arc, or wedge)
6 Is hilarious and unwieldy and takes forever but you still know what's going on at least.

The more players, the more on the ball they need to be.

Which is a perfectly fine interaction of you're stuck somewhere with a mouth breathing neckbeard and need to make small talk for 5 minutes, particularly in a casual professional setting.

This.

>Mouthbreathing neckbeard
>Professional setting

>Hey user, who was on the Bad Boy Pistons?

>I'm not to sure user, I'm more a fan of *insert era* with *insert popular team's franchise player* and *insert competitive rival*. How did you feel about them? That was a bit before me.

If you're up to the point where you've researched a specific-era team, their star player, and their rival for small talk, it's no longer small talk. You're actually a sports fan.

Really? Fair enough, I guess you're right. I was looking at it like that episode of the IT crowd where you're in a bar and forced to interact with real men, but anyone that autistic would already like sports at that point.

>Forced
So you search for common ground instead of just assuming they like sports, and forcing yourself to know tidbits for pointless small talk.

>80s style man drama
>having literally nothing in common with other men your age

I go see schlocky action movies, that's a thing "normal" men do. I'll just talk about John Wick or something.

Honestly, half the time it never gets into statistics and niche things. It usually "Did you watch game x last night?"

Seriously. Or just TRY to find something in common.

Stop fucking talking sports and start talking MtG.

Here's todays trades, got some nice pimp for my Oloro deck.

Dat stripmine and will are pretty dope tbqh

Looking to build this bitch, potentially with a fire theme. What all should I throw in, aside from the meme of 99x Mountains? Anyone got a list they've enjoyed using?

Magebane armor and maybe Darksteel plate so she doesn't off herself when she 'plodes

>Jews are just as neurotic today as they were in the 80's
good to know i guess.
hey op, do you mind not being so awful at your job?

>named something political.
just don't.

Yawgmoth's Will is such a fucking filthy card

>work out everyday
>act normie in the streets
>play commander, modern, legacy and fighting games
>complete weeb
>they'll never find out

normie in the streets autist in the sheets.

>some retard mentions sports during our comfy game of EDH
>tunnel the piece of shit out of the game
Normies can die

>Pauper

>no subject line

The thread question is whatever but come the fuck on. This general already has activity issues and you're going to make it even more difficult to find this discussion.

>mfw this card alone turned my entire playgroup into a bunch of graveyard hating scrubs

>basing social interaction on tv shows
Now this is real autism

Any Chandra, Chandra's ignition, obliterate, the always classic fireball.

ba-janga

>did you see that ludicrous display last night

barzoopal

>No, what happened?

there. Problem solved.

I built a half-meme of her once. It was her and 11 things to work with her (Magebane Armor, Darksteel Plate, Basilisk Collar, Loxodon Warhammer, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Fire and Ice, Heartstone, Scythe of the Wretched, Gauntlet of Power, Caged Sun, Ring of Valkas), and the rest Mountains.

It was called Ashling and the Crazy Eighty-Eight.

The number of really muscular fightan game people is a little frightening to me.

What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early

Noob to Magic here, is there any card in the game like Mordecai?
>Last Words(aka when he dies): Summon a Mordecai the Duelist.
I imagine there is, I just don't know the keyword

No clue

i mean it makes sense you pick a character and it's your avatar. Would you not want to look like your DnD avatar IRL? same thing goes for fighting games

>you can't travel the world like ryu and do hadoken blasts
>you will never be able to falcon punch
>you will never be a vampire that an block attacks via smoking.
>you will never be your commander.

Not the same, but some cards say "Whenever X is put into the graveyard from the battlefield return X to the battlefield at the beginning of your next upkeep.". I don't think there are any instantaneous returns without some sort of downside.

Like, constantly making a new version of itself when it dies? Chronozoa, kinda.

I've mained Cammy in Street Fighter since I was 9, and despite what my girlfriend might claim, my ass is not that great.

Well you gotta work on that

Does this stop shocklands? I'm no judge, but I know your technically paying a cost for it to not enter the Battlefield tapped. so that sounds kind of fun like an activate ability to me.

It's difficult to have straight translations of that, since Shadowverse is digital and can easily create copies of cards with the copies having the characteristics of just a regular card. Since you have to keep track of the physical card in Magic, copies can't be treated as cards and just disappear when leaving the battlefield. There's certainly cards that are difficult to get rid of like Aetherling or Phytotitan (which is probably coming closest to Mordecai). But you can't pull stuff like Urd combos, which is half the fun of playing with Mort.

I don't know why I typed "fun" in the middle of a sentence like that. Whoops

An activated ability is always formatted in the Oracle text as cost:effect. Without the colon it isn't an activated ability.

A triggered ability is formatted with the words when, whenever.

Shock lands are triggered.

There are some cards with self recursion (see: any phoenix), but there is no card that says "If you have a sacrifice outlet, you win the game", no.

>Shock lands are triggered.
Nope. Not that either. The shock land clause is a repacement effect (note the "as ~ enters the battlefield") and as such can not be reacted to in any way, since it doesn't go on the stack.

Interesting, thanks for the response guys. Also, I apologize for asking here while the judge thread was still up, I'm a dumbass. I usually ask here if the judge thread is archived, since /edhg/ is usually the most chill magic general.