/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

> Defenders of Frugelhofen edition.

> 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

> Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

> List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

> Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

> Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

> 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

> Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

> End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

> Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

> Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

> Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Holswig-Abenauer
mediafire.com/file/0ipusb4b9gqlwjp/Warhammer_FRPG_1st_Ed_-_Dying_of_the_Light.pdf
verrahrubicon.free.fr/documents/scenar_mefaits_du_lichemeister.pdf
1d4chan.org/wiki/Fimir
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Grudge_Of_Drong
kickstarter.com/projects/1636851747/atlantis-miniatures-28mm-dwarf-miniatures
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes to 'hit' and to 'wound' are separate things, so you can cause no 'wounds' and still count it as a 'hit'.

It was Tethlis that after over thousand years after the war of the beards installed the militia. Probably not 100% of their population is a trained soldier, though don't know which exceptions they would make.

Use some of Dark Heresys tweaks to combat, like initative.

Don't be afraid to get npcs running away if combats are drawing on or they are losing. No fighting to the death every time

Don't over test things and encourage players to be descriptive in combat

5th for 6th edition is best edition

That was 4th, this is 5th.

>mfw there are ~200 lore pages to collect with the new patch of vermintide

MFW I have none.

On a related note, has the patch fucked anyone else's connection? I seem to keep timing out when someone else joins.

6th edition is peak Warhammer.

What is the wind of magic and why is it Chamon

You mean Ghyran

Do you guys consider the battle standard to be an auto include in your armies?

Interesting plot hooks for wfrp2 that are not heroics and are more delving into horror esque?

The Dying of the Light?

I remember the return of the lichemeister scenario from WD. Wood elves and a knight errant kicking undead ass.
Shit was so cash.

FemOrc.

Yes.

Fem Half-Orc, surely.

My current campaign started with the players accidentally smuggling 'Dark Wine' a la The Wine of Dreams and tasting some of it without knowing what it was.
Long story short, it's created in a special place by Slaaneshi cultists. The PCs were plagued by daemonic dreams and had to track the wine back to its source to find a cure. This involved a lot of conspiracy and dealing with smugglers, infiltrating a slaaneshi masquerade that went all Eyes Wide Shut and dealing with some disturbing peasants who had a Crastor's Keep-style relationship with beastmen.

Something I might do at some point is adapt a short story from Night's Dark Masters where the PCs are caught in a plague quarantine and have to solve a mystery while they're confined, potentially searching for the source of the plague. Lots of horror potential there.

i've decided to run restless dead (1e) for my group, i ran oldenhaller contract cos our regular gm for d&d was sick and i figured it was a quick way to still do something and get a grasp of the system. i'm gonna shift eureka to be the first installment cos they're still in nuln and that will get them out of it for the rest of the campaign. i know these guys aren't up to the enemy within and i've never gm'd before, any advice?

Do we know anything about Karl Franz beyond war and politics? What's his personality? Does he have a family? How exactly did he rise to power?

He has a son he loves dearly, and his nephew is a Chaos Mutant they keep locked in a tower for his own safety.

For real? That's interesting. Source?

Explain

It's a WFRP campaign.

Got .pdf?

For most armies yes, some don't need them but they are few and far between. Undead for example.

Did someone convert the crit charts from 1e to 2e? Hoping for extended ones aswell.

What type of dreams, though?

Sounds cool, I don't suppose you can remember which issue?

I've been rereading all the old 2nd edition scenario books, I'm thinking of converting them to Dragon Rampant or maybe Regiments of Renown.

There is new novella The Prince of Altdorf by Creative Assembly writer Andy Hall about how Karl became emperor, it only comes with physical copy of game.

>tfw since GW trashed the setting you can go wild with headcanon and make up all kinds of backgrounds that were never developed

I've been working on some stuff for Caledor recently, about the time before it was called Caledor, at the time it would have been just named "Land of Dragons" or "Land of Fire" and be divided into multiple petty kingdoms, whose kings would often go to war with each other and the lands outside caledor with armies of dragonborne warriors. The land was eventually divided up into 16 larger kingdoms, and the great rulers were known as the 16 Dragons, altough the greatest among them would be Caledor, who was not only a Dragon Rider but also a Wizard without equals, and so it came about that one after another the 15 other rulers were either defeated in battle, or swore servitude to Caledor peacefully. The last petty King to fall was the old and wise King Daugandrir, known as the Green Dragon, who held his petty Kingdom surrounded on three sides by the Annuulii mountains, impassable even on Dragonback, in his Kingdom lived the Green Fire Dragons of legend, with less than 100 of them his warriors repelled more than 600 of Caledors Dragon riders, but took horrible losses doing so. With less than 30 able to fight, the old King decided to surrender, his second son, Prince Dendrion was furious at this decision and took all remaining Dragon Riders as well as any green Dragons fit for flight, and led them in a great exodus to the east beyond the great Sea. It is said he proclaimed that "the Green Dragon will never be Servant to Another." The only Green Fire Dragons that remained in his Fathers Kingdom were the ones either too young or too old to leave, and the badly wounded of the previous battles. Those too eventually faded into obscurity and have long since either died in battle or retreated into the deep caves of the Annuulii mountains. The old King Daugandrir accepted subjugation and Caledor would forever after be known as the Dragontamer.

Wasn't Andy Hall the editor of White Dwarf once over? That must have been a blast from the past.

after his surrender the old King Daugandrir would be demoted to Lord due to the small size of his Kingdom. He would not live to see the coming of Chaos to the World and with his death the era of the green fire dragons had also ended in Ulthuan.

Of what happened to Prince Dendrion little is known, tales say he led his host of Dragons east in search for a new homeland, though where is not clear. Some say he took them south at the World Edge Mountains and settled in the Southlands, others claim he went further east beyond the Dark Lands, and some even say he went as far as Cathay and beyond. It can be expected that his journey was not successful, though, as none of the green fire dragons have been sighted in ages, and the only mentions of them are of dubious sailor reports and fantastic tales.

They dreamt of bacchanals under the light of morrslieb involving beastmen and witches and two-headed dwarves and presided over by an opium-smoking, wine-drinking satyr sitting in a tree-throne.

The satyr was a representation of Slaanesh, but I didn't make that explicit. The PCs just kept finding carvings they assumed depicted Taal, except they had goat horns instead of antlers.

His son was in Genevieve.
His nephew was a random rumor in WFRP.
His nephew and son have the same name due to author mistakes.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Holswig-Abenauer

Franz's father was the preceding Emperor, he took the throne young as heir.

I don't think his wife or other children have ever been mentioned.

His son was called Luitpold in Beasts in Velvet at least. After his grandfather.

Who the fuck gets the job of dressing that every morning? Is this why Todbringer hates him, he's been doing it for the past 5 years.

he only gets like that when his mom forgets to make tendies for dinner.

Say, does anyone have information about houserules for WHFRP? I've been looking at the weapons and have noticed how underwhelming a lot of them seem to be. Would it be a good idea to replace the Impact quality of Great Weapons with simply making its damage SB+2, making Demilances SB+1 and Lances SB+2 with Tiring causing those to become SB? What about adjusting the Damage of various ranged weapons so that they match the tabletop (Javelins become SB with 24 max, 12 short etc.).

Horse, Pegasus, or Hippogryph/Griffon?

Here are the stats I use for my campaign.
I put some effort into making all the melee weapons useable with some different strengths and weaknesses.
The armour table is designed to emulate the piecemeal armour in a lot of the Empire art.

Roc chariot or Sphinx.

Do beastmen have any use for warpstone?

Magic, intentional mutation.

Vibrators.

I'll take it you're a lake nigger since you asked about Hippogryphs.

Horse and in a land formation unit. Peg's work okay as well but it takes more effort.

lance formation*

This is quite good. Thanks.

Noob that had only really played the Total War game here with a question that I'm sure has more to do with balance and race specialization, but it's there a fluff reason behind why Brettonia gets proper gryphons for their knights and the Empire does not?

It's probably just balance and giving Bretonnia a new toy. Large groups of hippogryph knights did not exist for Bretonnia before Total War; before that they were an occasional mount choice for Lords and for Leoun.

If you're asking about why Bretonnians get Hippogryphs and the Empire gets Griffons, I'm not really sure. Hippogryphs are more common in the Grey Mountains, so Bretonnia has easier access to them, but they're also absurdly difficult to train - a knight that wants one literally cannot let anyone else handle the hippogryph in his stead. Griffons might be a bit easier to care for, or more common outside the Grey Mountains - the Empire isn't as limited as to where they could get them.

It's good, but I'll probably try to edit it further. Historically, mail was used in combination with plate (though it eventually got phased out).

*pulls out Teclis*

what are some lesser known WFRP adventures?

Marketing

That's it, they wanted to give empire monstrous cavalry so made up Demi-griffons. Several years after total war wanted to give bretonia more troop choices so gave them better griffons.

Trying to justify it by fluff is enabling the bastards

>play 8th edition
>get fucked over by Elves and Tzeentch and their bullshit magic

I am glad GW fucking nuked this game.

mediafire.com/file/0ipusb4b9gqlwjp/Warhammer_FRPG_1st_Ed_-_Dying_of_the_Light.pdf

Solution: don't play 8th edition
3rd & 6th edition are popular alternatives

Would you say that a unit of 25 slayers with full command is viable in a 2000pts game? In 6th 7th 8th editions?

So with Lorebook having dropped, we now know why Clan Fester is working with Rasknitt. They have a disease called the brood plague, which apparently renders brood mothers sterile and is at least somewhat contagious. Not even the plaguemongers of Pestilens could cure it.

Now there's a weapon against skavenkind.

first they are hippogryphs, not griphons, and second bretonnia only has them so they get a hard hitting monstrous unit.

I always preferred 3rd Edition.

hey fellas, so happy to report that man'owar corsair, aka assasins creed black warhammer has released a new beta patch which adds custom battles and all that that entails into the game.

Pic related is some high tech dwarf shenanigans

got to do what I wanted for quite some time. spookship/

>submersible Thunderbarges

is the game worth buying yet?

here is the real submersible, haven't figured out how to submerge just yet.

as to if it's worth buying I have to note this is the beta patch. campaign still has human and khorne only atm. and the chaos campaign is more limited.

do you like warhammer flavoured boats user?, I guess it's worth it then.

>recruit 500 Grail Knights as retinue
>never worry about peasant uprisings ever again

it can submerge, shoots dwarven torpedos!

this is the dwarf big boy, a destoyer blowing up galleons is ... oddly therapeutic. and with this I'll stop for now

WD (UK) 310 to 312
Here's a Lichemeister pdf, in french
verrahrubicon.free.fr/documents/scenar_mefaits_du_lichemeister.pdf

Not in comp. Otherwise, yes.

Okay in 6e and 8e. Abysmal in 7e.

I'll have to reinstall and play this weekend.

I've heard that Tzeentch sorcery is crap in 8th. Isn't that the case?

t. ignorant newcomer

Tzeentch everything other than Lords of Change and Warriors magic is crap.

His lore is the worst ones, LoCs are better off taking core lores.

That being said, as far as wizards go LoC are high tier.

So basically if I ever go Tzeentch sorcerer I should pick the lore of Metal?

For Warriors? I think their Tzeentch is okay. Just not for Daemons.

I only have experience with Daemons so I can't speak definitively. Check the 1d4 tactics.

That's where I got the >Tzeentch lore is shit from.

How do I into airbrushing?

Anyone got a good guide?

And taking with them a slayer hero would be a good idea? Or just leave them as they are?

Interesting adversaries against dorfs in wfrp?

Other dwarfs.

Pic. Generally the best tutorial is experience though, after you master dagger strokes. Also youtubing effects, like cobwebbing.
The heroes have always been shit outside 8e and the special 6e Slayer army. But Slayers have one good use, if you netlist cannons like an asshole you can be fair by adding more Slayers.

I miss being able to use my goblinhewer.

Also ty for the guides.

Use Fimir and Norse Dwarfs.

Make the Dwarfs decide if they can tolerate their kin who tolerates half-Daemons that rape and sacrificeEmpire villages.

So helpful..
Fimir?

Oh man, if GW does a Made To Order on the 'hewer I'm just throwing my wallet at it.

Or a Gob Lobber. I'd get that over a Hewer.

I made a storm of chaos dorf slayer army.

It was hilarious when I fought shit like ogres and black orcs.

He has a point. Dwarfs fighting Dwarfs is pretty interesting since it becomes a very complex affair.

Here's Fimir. 1d4chan.org/wiki/Fimir

Here's inspiration for Dwarf on Dwarf. 1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Grudge_Of_Drong

Thanks!

Dwarfs vs Dwarfs is fun because you get into the whole honour/shame culture thing and everything turns into a Shakespearean tragedy.
In fact, just rip off King Lear or Hamlet or something.

Vengeful ghosts are a great plot hook.

>Helgar, watching the battle, chose this moment to wade into the fight. Against the Elves.
>That's right, she sided with the guy who had been a thorn in her side and those of her kinsmen for the history of her kingdom against her constant allies, whom she'd actually called to the battle.
Who writes this crap?

D A W I
A
W
I

So, Vampire coast/Undead Lustrian army user here, I have a few more ideas on how im gonna convert along with some ideas for fluff:
>Partially restoring a destroyed Lizardman Spawning pool, leading to the creation of Albino Skinks, mindless creatures comparable to Ghouls.
>Giving my Skeletons Skink Shields, and Marauder weapons, to show how they have been equipped with what ever is available.
>Black Knights riding undead Cold-Ones.
>Undead Ripperdactyls as Giant Bats, resurrected by magic.
>A new Model for my Necromancer, looking for more of a mix of Shamanistic and Archeology professor look, as she adds some of the Charms to her enterouge.
>a Conquestidor turned Vampire, courtesy of Luthor Harkon, entrusted to keep watch on and aid the Necromancer in her research.

Any body have some ideas? Lore wise, im trying to figure out a way to fit her in the Vampire coast, studying the ruins of one of the ruined Temple cities.

The 1d4 article or the original story?

Side note, great Dwarf Mickstarter. Sharing.

kickstarter.com/projects/1636851747/atlantis-miniatures-28mm-dwarf-miniatures

Skinks should have glaucomas.

Unlike Storm of Chaos, old GW knew to set events in the past so it didn't matter the outcome or like Albion/Lustrian in some far off place.

The campaign boxes are written to play first and foremost. After writing the rules, they held an actual game between the devs to decide the canon version.

Helgar sides with whoever wins more of the preceding skirmishes in the actual playing of it. Since the Elf dev lost 2/3, she canon sides against him.

But why?

I wonder why Bretonnia didn't just get Demigryphs too.

Demigryphs are half lion half bird, Hippogryphs and Pegasi are half horse half bird.

I know they have a horse boner, but I don't see why some knights wouldn't want to ride a Demigryph, or why they wouldn't exist in Bretonnia.

Peagsi at least fluffwise make sense in squad-level numbers - they're hard to raise, since you have to actually raise them in scenarios where they're forced to fly, otherwise their wings atrophy - but you can let peasants do half the work, and you can actually buy young foals if you can afford to not send someone into the mountains.

Hippogryphs are pretty violent, and especially challenging is that you can never let anyone aside from the rider care for him, otherwise they just won't respect him. The rider has to make a commitment to having that animal and can't just pick him from a stable of other hippogryphs like he might a horse or pegasus. And getting a hippogryph chick sucks, since a peasant has to climb up into the mountains and get an egg, probably while risking getting attacked by angry hippogryph parents. It'd be hard to get enough of them for a squad.