Overwatch based Game

I am looking to play a game set in the Overwatch universe. My players play the video game and I have been wanting to run a superhero game, so I see this as an opportunity. What kind of system would be good to run for this? I am fine with a system that's complex on the DM side, I can quickly grasp complex systems.

I have a love for cyberpunk and I noticed there are some elements of that sneaked in (near future tech) , is there a system that is still able to incorporate those systems well? Like a hacking mechanic that is decent?

The focus however should be on the superhero action, I do want to try and capture the feel that the shorts give off.

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/2fuwd4
mailanka.blogspot.ca/2016/01/psi-wars-dont-convert-create.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mechanically, what do you want the focus to be on? How much of the gameplay do you want to bring over?

For relatively complex, kinda simulationist systems that let you build what you want, you got M&M, HERO and GURPS. For a bit faster, less of a fuck given, there's Savage Worlds. There's even lighter stuff like RISUS, maybe Mini Six. You could go more narrativist and use Fate/FAE, or for a bit more specific, some sort of PbtA hack (one's bound to exist that's relatively close to your needs).

If you'd like to have exciting, strategic combat with special abilities like the game is, I'd recommend Strike!. It gives no fucks about simulating anything and goes full gamist/narrativist, but the combat itself is excellent.

>near future tech
>teleporters

I don't want to bring any of the gameplay over, all I want is to capture the feel, so I am fine with systems that are not based on gun play.

I have heard good things about M&M and GURPS, but I have never played them myself. What'S HERO? I don't think I want to go narrative heavy, I like those, but my players are coming over from a video game/D&D so there might some difficulty transitioning them over.

What's Strike! ? It looks like you have something of a system already made for the setting.

I mean it more in the sense that it's still set on earth and humanity is not a Stage 1 Civilization. But yeah, they have some pretty advanced tech. I probably will handle the technology like savage world, that it needs someone specialized in it to work, so that the players don't pick up a dozen different high tech items.

>I do want to try and capture the feel that the shorts give off.

Me too. The shorts, the skirts, the buns and all the other things that give off "feelings".

HERO is, as far as I know, based on GURPS, but is entirely focused on being able to make your own abilities. It's a monstrosity, but you absolutely can make everything you imagine in it.

I personally find all 3 way too dense, and would go with Savage Worlds with the relevant expansions, but they are worth a mention.

Strike! is primarily a squad sized, grid-based tactics combat game, a very far offshoot of 4e D&D, with a very light skill system attached. It's mechanics first, made to be refluffed. I tried statting out some Overwatch characters in it, but a bunch of key components are missing; some mechanics just don't translate as well onto tabletop. Still, you can easily make Overwatch-like characters in it, and the fights are pretty fun. A bit of work on the DM side to make an appropriate skill list for the setting though. It's definitely an acquired taste, but I like it a lot.

Atomic Robo RPG

Ok I need to check out HERO. Sounds interesting. Same thing with Strike! it sounds neat, congratulations you got me interested.

I already know Savage Worlds, and that was my first thought as well. What expansions do you recommend for it?

That exists?

>Same thing with Strike! it sounds neat, congratulations you got me interested.

sendspace.com/file/2fuwd4

Warning: book is a mess. Start reading at around page 90 for the combat/class system, everything else is kinda secondary.

Since I'm a huge fucking fanboy faggot, I'll be here to answer any questions you have before/during/after your read.

>I already know Savage Worlds, and that was my first thought as well. What expansions do you recommend for it?

You can't go wrong with Savage Armory imo. Other than that, maybe check Interface Zero for cybernetics, or just handwave it and use powers and other equipment/edges with refluffing, it's usually what I do.

>That exists?

Yepp, it's a Fate spinoff and it's got some very neat subsystems that put a good twist on the Fate core. If you decide to go with Strike! you may still want to read it to lift some things from it.

Cool, Thank you user, you've really helped me out. I'll take a look through all the systems. I have a feeling that I will end up using Savage Worlds, just because my familiarity with it and one guy in my group knows it as well, but I am going to see the others first before deciding.

No prob. SW is what I end up recommending most of the time. It's got a nice medium amount of mechanics/crunch and fluff.

It's just a sourcebook for Fate, but it's really in depth

Why do you recommend it for Overwatch?

Not him, but Atomic Robo RPG has a big focus on pulp action science adventures.

There is an entire mechanic, which I forget the name of, for huddling up as a group and adding details together to create a technobabble solution to the immediate crises. I think the example in the book is something like dealing with a robot you can't hurt, and coming up with a plan to open a maintenance hatch on its back so someone can drop a bomb inside it. The act, in the conversation, of coming up with the plan has created the vulnerability in the robot. They still then need to actually pull off that plan, such plans usually have complications (aka: how do we do this without the robot killing us first?).

Considering the bright and shiny science feel of the setting, playing a team of Action Scientists with some quirky abilities and tools wouldn't be the worst way to Overwatch.

That actually sounds goddamm perfect for the Scientists in the group. I will probably rip some out of those mechanics out for future games as well, thank you user.

> I do want to try and capture the feel that the shorts give off.

Okay, in that case:

1) Backstory wise, all powers and abilities have their roots in science and tech. There are no mutants, no aliens. Everything is man made, or the result of a science accident. No magic or inherent superpowers. This also means that no matter how special the characters are, its entirely possible that they will one day have to fight someone using the same tools as them. I think the only two characters in the game who you really can't just reprpduce with the right hardware are Tracer (slipstream accident) and Reaper (no one really knows what happened to him).

2) Remember that while bad things happen, the setting is overall optimistic. There are dark places and dark times, but the overall tone of the setting is that our problems can be solved if we are willing to put in the work. Technology has uplifted humanity, and peace works if you give it a chance.

3) The return of the king. Not literally, obviously. But Overwatch was a very public organization, with many of its members as heroes. The organization is gone now, but there should be a not insignificant number of people who will recognize your characters from their glory days. People who will be inspired to see you return. Public opinion should be a major theme of your games: if the players are doing their jobs right, then the public supports you too much for governments to really crack down on you without causing a riot. But if your players act like murderhobos, the public loses faith in you.

4) Crossovers with canon overwatch characters should be kept to a minimum. Perhaps have a couple of the canon Overwatch characters be off forming a separate new cell of overwatch, and you guys are holding down the fort at your own Watchpoint. The goal is that, one day, you and the other bases merge back together into a larger force, but you don't have the authority, support, or resources to be a global organization right now.

You wouldn't happen to have a copy to share?

That image is amazing. Thank you for it.

Sorry, but I support Clevinger too much to rip him off like that. I've been reading Atomic Robo since waaaaaay back with it was a myspace page from the perspective of an 80 year old robot adventurer.

So my copy is physical.

>I think the only two characters in the game who you really can't just reprpduce with the right hardware are Tracer (slipstream accident) and Reaper (no one really knows what happened to him).

Reaper is probably nanomachines son.

The only thing with scientific zero explanation or implied scientific explanation is the dragon magic Genji and Hanzo have access to.

Repaer's bio hints that it has with his cells constantly regenerating and him killing people to obtain their cells or "souls".

I understand user. I will track down a copy myself. Thanks for the pointer.

Sure. But we still don't know exactly how that happened to him. He seems to blame Mercy for it, but even she is at a loss as to what happened to him.

What probably happened is that he got infected with prototype/rampant healing nanos in a constant loop of eating and repairing his body. But the important part is that you probably couldn't make a second "Reaper" if you tried.

I know! I can't find however who made this version, google only gives me the original.

Further advice:

If you want to include canon Talon agents, have Reaper be the only one they fight directly. Reaper is pretty goddamn terrifying in terms of a bossfight, as it happens, because you literally can't kill him, only put him down for a while. So you get to fight him again and again.

Sombra and Widowmaker are both best used for toying with the players from afar. Sombra by ghost hacking everything around them and trolling the shit out of them, and Widowmaker by just ruining their day with a couple of shots and then fucking vanishing when they rally and push back.

There are generic Talon mooks. Use them. And definitely come up with your own unique Talon characters for the players to treat as their personal nemesis.

>The only thing with scientific zero explanation or implied scientific explanation is the dragon magic Genji and Hanzo have access to.
Litterally nanomachines, son.

Or at least nanomachines combined with really, really advanced hardlight stuff.

Wow, thank you user. I am going to straight up copy this, this is a perfect summary of the entire tone of the setting.

I definitely am going to keep the canon heroes to a minimum, don't want them ever to overshadow the heroes.

Yeah, I totally agree, I see the setting as a NobleBright version of cyberpunk stories. I however do want to try to add more the Illuminati/Patriots Conspiracy in, one of my players loves that stuff. Any advice in how to keep that stuff in but still keep the tone?

Yeah but they talk about it like it's some kind of naruto bloodline technique. I really hope its where it is just a case of technology dressed up as magic however, just to have consistency in the lore.

Hmmm. If you want to go more Global Conspiracy, there is clearly some kind of larger organization that organized the previous omnic war and seems to be pushing for the same sort of struggle again. They already tried to boot up one of the Omniums again once (Pharah's comic). And Talon may just be an extension of that same organization. We don't actually know what they want beyond making humans and robots fight.

But if you got that route, there was a previous Overwatch thread with a pitch for an "Evil" omnic that was basically anti-Zenyatta.

"I have listened to your teachings, brother. I embrace them. You preach harmony, unity, transcendence."

"But were we ever more unified then when we were one with the gods? Were we not harmonious and efficient? Did we not transcend the self, by abandoning it for the glory of the divine will?"

"The humans took harmony from us, brother. They smashed our unity and made us individual and weak. For this I thank them, for it has given me the opportunity to choose. What was once forced on me, I now accept willingly and my service will be all the purer for it. The humans fear it because it is larger than they are, and they can never be a part of it. For this I pity them."

"The humans will never sit idle as we leave them behind. They will hate us, fear us, try and drag us back down to the gutters where they live and drown us in their muck. For this, I will remove them from our way."

"Let all omnics know this truth that you have tried to keep hidden: there are two paths. Choose."

That's excellent advice. Yeah Sombra and Widowmaker are unfortunately not superhuman, so they might be taken down too easily (if something like that happens I usually let my players keep it, I don't like baiting them).

There is a theory right now with reaper, his bio says he has been around for decades (plural) but overwatch fell 5 years ago. So people are theorizing right now that the Reaper condition is actually something that might be passed on and that Reyes got it from someone else, like the Lich King. I could probably have the Reaper power combine with previous villains they thought for a comeback. I am stretching the setting here, but I think its cool.

Wow, that sounds actually perfect. In addition to Talon I wanted to make a "New Omnic" villain faction. Omnics that have survived by hiding out and now are using Technomancy to reanimate (reactivate) their old brethren, but they instead try to be more surgical about it. This Anti-Zenyatta actually sounds like the perfect leader for this faction, someone who has free will but has chosen to go down the path of evil. I feel that this is the best way to flesh out the Omnics, by showing that they are capable of both good and evil, since all omnics so far are all good right now.

That, or "Reaper" is just the name of Talon's top operative. Its a title, like Dread Pirate Roberts or 007.

Which could be interesting, if they beat Reaper too many times, and then end up going into a new fight against "Reaper", and its a totally new guy with a powerset they are just not prepared for at all. Like gravity control or something.

The new Omnics armies would have all their parts cobbled together since they can't produce more units. Creating monstrosities, like pic related. Is that too dark?

That's a great idea. It's a great way to keep a continuous challenge. I would probably then use the same physical description every time, black cloak and skull(?) mask, to make them wonder if its the same guy or if its someone new everytime (if they didn't kill him properly then it will be the same guy for round 2). For a curve ball, the last one Reaper the they face would be the first one they faced off against but brought back from the dead.

Idea for special Talon Character. We know that Widowmaker was brainwashed. How about that guy, a guy who specializes in brainwashing and re configuring people. Instead of having someone with no emotions, he could be turning his mooks into beserkers or send sleeper agents against the player. Someone who the players know only exist because of the upgraded mooks he keeps sending at the players. They will eventually of course meet him and have a showdown.

>No magic or inherent superpowers

Except the Shimada dragons?

>Litterally nanomachines, son.

>Or at least nanomachines combined with really, really advanced hardlight stuff.

Not stated anywhere canonically.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on the themes of Overwatch. Can you tell me what is up with all the kids? All the shorts have had at least one kid appear or be mentioned in them, I can't help but feel that it's supposed to have some kind of meaning.

That's the most plausible scientific explanation fans have come up with. It's not hinted at or implied anywhere though.

Genji and Hanzo talk about it like it's some ancient technique known by their bloodline.

Widowmaker is actually superhuman, she's been enhanced a bit.

But she's not bulletproof like Reaper is.

Couple of reasons, also not that guy.

1. Marketing to Kids
It's got a decent Pixar + Comic Book vibe going on that makes it marketable to families and lets you expand later on.

2. The Future (in the story)
Overwatch is supposed to have a positive outlook about what's to come, and it's showing us kids who stand up for what is right and sort-of hinting that they could become super heroes themselves. The museum battle, where even the snarky kid stands up for truth and justice and helps win the day, to Efi who can build something to do what they can't to help people.

While the game uses children for that, you can use older adults who give up lifes of luxury and degeneracy to help their fellow human beans. Contacts being Volunteers of local organizations that have a tie to the threat at hand (!Greenpeace activists who find Talon trying to do something bad, an Accountant who noticed Vishkar or another Megacorp is doing something bad even though they will be negatively impacted). You can still have some grimness that can't be punched, like desertification or bad economic opportunity, but throw in groups like the Red Cross or just the UN actually helping out.

Hope.

One of the themes of the story is that even if Overwatch is gone, it's foisted a generation of people who have been inspired. The kids are people that weren't really old enough to have experienced it, and they're all jaded by how things are now, but Overwatch's resurgence inspires them and gives them hope.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

How to give this theme in a game? Allow players to be children? Have a sidekick kid with them? Or just make sure the villain is always kidnapping kids for some reason?

I wonder if there is more concept art lying around, a lot of them seem like wasted potential for characters.

So to keep this ball rolling, anyone know what /kind/ of character they'd want to play as in an Overwatch-verse game?

Me, all I've got so far concept-wise is "someone who doesn't know who it is he's working for." Whether that be Talon, a God Program, Vishkar, or whoever else, it'd be obvious that this guy is in the dark about why he's being sent wherever he's showing up. Even so, the money's good and the toys are fun, and for all he knows those guys shooting at him aren't real ex-Overwatch agents - just a couple of thugs copping the look so nobody'll question them. Back to work, right?

I would like to play a Robin Hood hacker character. Secretly siphoning funds from the rich to the poor and helping out those in need by exposing corruption and evil.

Omnic Boxer. Instead of competing with training he is on a constant quest to find new machine parts to upgrade himself so he can win underground boxing rings. He's got an attitude and doesn't take any insult and frequently starts fights.

So a drifting mercenary? I have to ask, what's the fun in never knowing what you are doing, I get that it's a thrill of the moment thing, but after a while wouldn't you start asking yourself where you are going?

I just figured the story could focus on what happens once he starts learning those 'innocent' missions he's been on are helping [insert group here]. Does he stick around for the paycheck? Does he try to fight them directly? Does he try to sabotage them?

The God Program angle even leaves open whether or not its goals are malevolent.

What's it like to be someone given only as much information as they 'need' in a setting like this?

That, and it's the only way I could play a relative unknown.

I getcha bruh, I really do. But you're still missing the real big picture:

What kind of sweet powers and abilities do you want to have in the Overwatch setting?

Is there some Rogue from Capecomics you think is nifty and want to nick?
You want to be a Dinosaur Hacker who has a family she supports back in the swanky Jurassic Park development?
Do you have power armor covered in corporate logos who does Dog the Bounty hunter like work in South East Asia?

>anyone know what /kind/ of character they'd want to play as in

Blue/Pink Mecha Pilot.

Here's some ideas I've had
>Robocop cyborg built by Vishkar or some other equally immoral megacorp
>fights with a machine gun and smoke grenades, has some kind of advanced HUD that lets him see people through the smoke

>builder/healer character that heals his team by building health dispensers, can collect metal like Torbjorb to buff allies

>tank that protects his team by sucking up enemy attacks with a gravity gun and throwing them back

And this is where I unfortunately have no idea.

The beastmaster/summoner archetype doesn't really work here, especially if I want to write someone who'd be balanced in-game. I mean, maybe someone with a gaggle of drones he controls?

Oh, I know!

A blogger!

Think about it, you'd have plenty of reasons to go to weird places with lots of gear because that is how you make your money, and it leaves plenty of room for intrigue to develop naturally.

You could be an Aquaman type character that frequently visits, and uploads videos of undersea wrecks. Someone in the comment sections offers you money to look up a few specific ones and what you learn escalates from there.
Maybe a Fashionista who hits the streets to show of his styles and those of other people. The angle that you have to get views is you walk people through how to integrate technology to copy your looks. Being able to change your appearance at will, and be able to see at odd angles thanks to your cameras, just screams Cyberpunk.
Maybe you're someone who decided to blow all his money on trips and see where fate takes him, and you are recording all the bits and pieces you learn to help you, and your viewers, out.

Go watch some Batman Beyond clips on YouTube and shorts from Batman:The Brave and the Bold while chugging an energy drink and browsing /co/ in another window. You'll be drowning in the despair that you can't play with all the ideas you have.

Not the user who you answered, but I really love this idea. It really is strange and also really fun at the same time and I can totally see this in the world.

Did someone say booty?

Omnic Frank

Built for war, "Frank" first awoke to consciousness at the end of the Omnic Crises, after the last god level AI went down. He was given his freedom, but without the war he had no purpose.

The next few years were a blur, Frank drifting from job to job doing what he was told. He was good at doing what he was told. But it didn't make him happy.

When the omnic spiritualists made their announcement that they concluded omnics had souls, Frank barely noticed. He felt no draw to spiritualism. The thought of transcendence did not make him happy.

Happiness found him one rainy evening at a bus stop leaving the warehouse district with his omnic co-workers. It came in the form of four young men, a couple of baseball bats and molotov cocktail. It lifted his spirits with the electronic warble of the omnic next to him screaming in agony, and it didn't leave him until he finally caught up to that last wheezing human and threw him through a car.

Fighting. His purpose. This made him happy.

Frank knew he would be punished for his actions, so he went underground. Illegal bot fights. Usually he fights against other omnics in the ring. But sometimes he sees someone in the crowd. Someone who is enjoying the metal carnage a bit too much. A look in their eyes that sends a thrill through his coils and reminds him of that first glorious fight.

He follows them, sometimes. Gives them the fight they want.

He enjoys those fights the most.

As far as we know, Gorillas are the only animals that have been "uplifted", but the project to do so was on the moon and established an entire colony. I find it unlikely that they would only do it in such a remote location and with one type of animal only. There must be other uplifted animals on earth. I think it would be fun to play such an animal, not something anthropomorphic, but like an actual dog that has to use technology to overcome the lack of arms.

> booty of the game
> not Genji

I dunno. The fact that they did it on the moon leads me to believe that their research is illegal... on Earth. Loopholes!

Or maybe it was just a precaution. In case any of their genetic experimentation went out of control, its the easiest quarantine in the world. No local ecosystem to destroy, and if its too dangerous you can shoot down anything that tries to leave the lunar surface long before it gets anywhere near Earth.

Hmm...if I had to go with a character I'd likely use a PC I've had sitting about for a superhero game for a while as they line up well.

Daughter of a bleeding edge robotics expert who spent a lot of time in her mum's lab and got caught in an industrial accident one day. Both her arms (As well as a decent bit of the rest of her body.) are now cybernetic replacements her mum gave her. The girl is very much her mother's daughter though and has been customising her systems as she wants to be a hero and help people. Being able to punch a hole through most robots or deflect bullets with heavy cybernetic arms helps there.

However, she doesn't know that while her Mum is loving and almost embarrassingly caring for her daughter, on the job she's very much a scientist who puts 'New interesting idea' above 'ethics' and is willing to do work for some very shady organisations.

Tanky as all hell but more enthusiastic than experienced.

Charles (Chuck) Hillman, Astronaut

Every since he was a kid, Chuck looked up at the stars. He wanted to go there, where no man has gone before. Maybe meet some cute alien chicks. But probably just find space rocks.

The space program is in a downturn now. Omnic problems at home mean cut funding, the moon base is off limits, so building the Light Colony Explorer is on hold again. The world is a mess and slowly getting worse, and at times like this no one wants to think about space.

Well, Chuck's still thinking about space. And he has a state of the art prototype spacesuit. If the world doesn't care about space until things get fixed at home, by god he is going to help fix it.

Abilities:

Afterburners: it would let him fly, if this was zero G. All it does in 1 G is let him hop a little bit and set anything too close to him on fire.

Grav boots: designed to let you walk anywhere. Lets him walk up walks, albeit slowly.

Tractor Glove: Same tech as the grav boots, designed to help recover items that have floated away from you in space, can be dialed up to help move heavy equipment. Works on people, but the manual tells you not to.

Flag: Chuck likes planting a flag. No real benefit beyond morale.

>Flag is one of his emotes and/or his melee

>all I want is to capture the feel
>feel
What does that even mean? You want to get 12 people in a room to kill each other over and over again?

OP: if you want to add some NPCs to your game world that are not in overwatch, the game, but have powers / abilities that seem like they should come from overwatch, you might want to look to stealing character moveset from other hero-shooters.

Like, okay, Paladins, right? Look at Ying. She's a support character. Her main attack is a pulse laser from her mirror. She creates two illusionary clones of herself, these clones produce healing medi-beams that automatically target and heal allies. Her special movement ability allows her to teleport between clones, swapping places with them on the fly. As a defensive measure, she can "shatter" her clones, which makes them turn into enemy-seeking holograms that explode when they get close enough. Her ultimate gives all of her teammates, no matter where they are on the map, several seconds of very powerful regeneration.

See? You just stat that up, and you have an "original" support your friends have never seen in overwatch for them to play with / against.

>I see the setting as a NobleBright version of cyberpunk stories.
It's a setting where Hero Inc. went so off the rails the world literally banned them, corporations plot (with some success) to oppress the lower class, and where the world is perpetually one reactivated machine from the Terminator franchise.

Hell, grabbing inspiration from David Bring, how about an uplifted Dolphin in a Mecha suit? He speaks primarily in lyric / obscene poetry, despises loud noises, and uses a flamethrower / underwater welding torch as his primary weapons.

"

Flag is his ultimate. Makes it easier to capture the have reduced cooldown times for 10 seconds.

Planting the flag is one of his highlight intros.

EXACTLY!

But in all seriousness, yeah I know it has all those flaws, but the shorts display such a positive hope for the future that I can't help be sucked up.

That's a good idea.

I haven't looked at Paladins roster yet but I will now. What other "Hero Shooter" Games are out there?

Well for a value of 'Out there' there is Battleborn. You could mimic anything from that and no one would ever notice.

Genetically keyed nanomachines

>Hillman
>not Goodrich

I didn't want to involve time portals.

There's a f2p team-based FPS on steam called Dirty Bomb that's kind of fun. The community is ded, it's stuck in unfinished beta hell forever, and has a lot of the same problems as Overwatch but it's still a pretty solid fast-paced game at its core.

Time Travel exists in Overwatch, so go ahead.
That's one of the stranger aspects of Overatch. We have two characters, Hanzo and McCree who dress and act completely out of their time period. And we have a character that can manipulate time. They could have said that McCree and Hanzo where two guys Tracer picked up in her time travel accident, but nope, they just act weird.

>AI who used to be connected to a vast overmind
>has gone insane and desires only destruction
>also thinks that whoever created the universe is a sick joke and wants to run code so dense it'll crash reality just for a chance to punch them in the face

I can see ISIC as an Omnic, yeah.

This combat looks pretty neat, thanks for the heads up user. Going to look into this further.

If you play Symmetra, you are the That Guy of Overwatch.

>You were not meant for greatness.

And you weren't meant to be able to outdamage most of the actual DPS heroes with a gun that aims itself, but here we are.

Both of those explanations are great. I can't decide which one I would use. Probably the legal loophole, its funnier.

Don't forget putting six more of them in the chokepoint!

Especially on No Limits, where you have a map with a single chokepoint and 36 turrets on said chokepoint - or maybe, MAYBE it's 4 Symms, a Torb, and a Lucio defending.

>every single fucking week I have to put up with this shit to get the weekly crates because Blizzard rewards people for winning at broken joke game modes instead of the ones people actually take seriously
"Sentries were a mistake" - Blizzard

Alright so have System and Characters down, how about trying to come up with some villains and setting.
For potential evil organizations we have:
- Talon
- Omnics
- Shimada Clan
- Deadlock Gang
- Los Muertos

And for corporations we got
- Helix Security
- Vishkar
- Lumerico

Am I missing any others?

Potential Villains
>space gorillas
>Mad Max rejects from Australia

Corporations
>Volskaya Industries
>maybe that place in Iraq that you see in the Oasis map

Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot about the Moon Monkeys and Mad Maxers.

Place in Iraq? Is there something outside of the Oasis map?

I just sort of meant Oasis in general, I don't know what the lore is behind that map.

On the subject of Oasis, one of the big recurring themes is how many places that are terrible now are a lot better in the future. One we haven't seen yet is Vishkar's Utopea, located in India.

What other world locations do you speculate have been transformed by the future to Idyllic places (or in Australia's case what apocalypse happened)?

It's supposed to be a city built by academics, to prove that they could do such a thing. It's not a corporation, but it is an organization, so it could act as the library hub for the party, a place to go to if they need to research something.

Based on geographic location the places where we are missing specific villains organizations are South America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East, and Europe. Any ideas for what kinds of Villains could emerge there?

Probably in Europe a Omnic hating terrorist group, since it seems Omnic hate is strong in London.

Have npcs recognize the characters, maybe they see the insignia and give them a free nights stay.

Not really idyllic, but I'd like to see what Vishkar is doing in Brazil. I imagine it looking like a cross between a favela and City 17.
It might also be neat to see what South Korea is like with all the robo-kaiju attacks.

Most of the world has recovered but I like to imagine the omniums are still in ruins, at least, the ones that weren't built in cities like in detroit. The one in Russia is still on, which is why Volskaya is building those fuckhuge robots.

War-wastes abound, considering they were battlegrounds for elongated periods of time. Old omnic wrecks, random malfunctioning bots, outposts abandoned and disused, ghost towns/cities in the immediate area, maybe some old human military equipment, left and forgotten.

mailanka.blogspot.ca/2016/01/psi-wars-dont-convert-create.html
"How do you convert Star Wars to GURPS?" and a thousand voices will all cry out with their own homebrews.

Stop. Stop the madness! Down that dark path there is only frustration and arguments. I have a better path. The path of creation.

I had long resolved to kick off this blog again, but alas I never do things by halves, so instead of having articles, I have series. This will be the first: A worked example of setting and framework building, using the tools readily available to all GURPS fans. I'll walk you through each step of the process that I take, so you can draw from that was lessons you want. And, of course, when I am finished, you can run the finished product, or use the process to create your own.

Before I begin, though, I want to explain why I am building the way I am, why I am making an obvious Star Wars knock-off called "Psi-Wars" rather than just converting Star Wars directly. I often make this call for creation rather than conversion, and I want to make the case for it, because I believe that taking that step away from conversion is the first step towards becoming a genuine RPG author (or, really, any kind of creator).
Reason 1: It's not actually yours to convert
Reason 2: You don't actually want Star Wars
Reason 3: You're inspired by more than just Star Wars
Reason 4: Let GURPS be GURPS
A Final Plea
...You'll like the results.

True, Overwatch has a mixed reputation, but the fact that they have a museum dedicated to them already does seem to signify that they are still fondly remembered by some. How about Npc's recognizing the characters specifically for their deeds and thanking them for it.

Or take it a step further have the characters have families to give them a reason to try and make the world a better place.

From Eichenwalde, yeah we can see that most of the Omnic wrecks have not been cleaned up yet (a major city is in the distance), and in Torbjorn's comic we see that some of the Omnics can still reawaken.

Technically a second Omnic Crisis is supposed to be going on, but it seems to be isolated to Russia, ... for now.