>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b:
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Question for DMs: What blatant 1:1 ripoff for a story/NPC/adventure/hook/quest/item/etc. were you able to get away with without the players realizing they were in the middle of your take of the Empire Strikes Back (or others)? Did it result in flying colors or a flat-out bust?

Question for Players: When was the last "horrible decision" moment your party had? Has it affected the campaign severely or not much?

>Previous Session:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12483412
pastebin.com/nQRmGvwj
media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/UA_Quick_PCs_SFG.PDF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>strawpoll.me/12483412

Clerics have too many damn domains.

Additional questions for DM's:How many campaigns/sessions (i got only like 4 sessions in between 2 campaigns so I have to mention) did you get in before becoming a DM and how do you deal with the pain knowing you'll never actually play again?

Fffffffuck off forge domainfags with your AC stacking.

They kinda have a hard limit though. They can only have as many domains as divine portfolios exist and divine portfolios are broad as shit in most settings.

>how do you deal with the pain knowing you'll never actually play again?
You tell the players to not be idiots, and that if they want you to GM, they should step up sometimes as well.

Though to be fair, GMing takes a certain kind of person, and I often find myself enjoying GMing more than playing a PC. Especially when I get to make a DMPC the players can boss around, and do whatever they want with.

>tfw you're making even more domains
>tfw you know others think your fun is wrong

Does anyone else have any ideas like ?

I'm running Storm King's Thunder and I see that the treasure tables are basically non-existent.

Any advice for building a fighter who dual wields long swords?

1) pick fighter as your class
2) v human with the dual wielder feat
3) get 2 longswords
4) ???
5) profit

Well, that's because items in the dungeon crawls are basically all listed and you can use the Giant Bag chart or the extra giant bag chart in issue I think 11 of Dragon+ to roll bag loot. But yeah, maybe make some specific charts for yourself for some of the random encounters based on giant type.

This is going to be the battle of Grave vs Forge, isn't it?

I only stepped up to GM because the one that was I was playing with was hot garbage and the others nearby don't do 5e. I want to branch out and try other systems too like M&M and eventually 3.pf if just to see what its like to be a powergaming megafaggot just once. I greatly enjoy making the world but I just feel like were accomplishing nothing in sessions. I'm still trying to figure out how to get them to drop bad habits from other DMs while building interesting encounters that aren't just fuckloads of monsters.

Why would furries play druids?
They only get to be animals half the time, and not special animals. And not whatever class they imagine their creature being.

A real furry would homebrew up some shit anthropomothic race (Because existing ones aren't their tastes) and play that instead.

Do what says and also make sure to pick the two weapon fighting fighting style.

Now its your choice between two fighter archetypes since EK won't get mileage out of a two weapon fighter as you'll have competing bonus actions.

That leaves battle master and champion.

Champion is the bare bones as far as your martial archetypes are concerned and having the extra attack from dual wielding will help you fish for your already expanded critical hit range and you'll have no special options competing for your use of bonus action outside the main class feature of Second Wind.

As for battlemaster, and all its fiddly bits, the move to trip an opponent will be awesome to granting advantage to the rest of your attack routine if done at the top of your turn, but a few maneuvers will still serve no purpose because again, they'll offer competing options for your bonus action. Like Commanders Strike, not something you need to take. Though I would definitely recommend Riposte.

1. Don't
2. Fucking
3. Don't
4. Stop it.
5. Play strength barbarogue or swashbuckler or AT or bladesinger instead. You know, pretty much anyone who actually DOESN'T suck with two-weapon-fighting.

Stealth Furries, my friend.

Difference between common garden variety Obnoxious Furfag and Advanced Furry. The latter understand the concept of hiding their power level, but often they're bad at it and still come across as "dude who wants to fuck wolves."

Newbie DM here, AC is getting out of hand in my game. What do? Everyone has like 17-20 AC.
Can I just capture the party, strip them naked, and start over? Throw them into a dream/the astral realm where they all just start wearing clothes?
Its making combat suck because no one can hit anyone, so everything drags on with whole rounds sometimes of people missing.
Do I just tell them I fucked up and everyone is getting new armor?
Do I just start making monsters have +2 to hit or whatever?

In my current game, the players must play as either human, or a half human (part of the plot).
So to compensate for this I decided to juice up the races available on the table.
Human: +1 to all scores, 1 skill, 1feat
Half-Elf: See PBH, +Eladrin Escape. Which is the use of misty step once per short rest.
Half Orc: See PBH, +Aggression. As a bonus action you can move up to your speed toward a hostile creature.
Half-Fiend (Cambion): See That Old Black Magic (unearthed arcana). +30ft of Flying speed.
Half-Genie (Genasi): See EE Player's Companion. +Expanded subrace. These features are given in addition to what is already in the EEPC.
Wind - One with the Wind: You have flying speed equal to your speed, but only in the direction the wind is already blowing. You are also immune to the prone condition.
Earth - Cantrip Magic Stone. Natural Mountaineer: you have climb speed equal to your speed, this is doubled if the surface you are climbing is stone or earth.
Fire - Nurturing Embers: When resting around a Bonfire 35ft or larger in diameter, a Long Rest for you is Half as long.
Water - Tide's Blessing: When resting around a body of water 35ft or larger in diameter, a Long Rest for you is considered half as long.
Half-Giant (Goliath): +2 Str & +1 Con, Natural Athlete, Powerful Build, Subrace.
Cloud Giant: Cantrip Thunderclap, cast Fog Cloud at level 3 once per short rest, Cloud Step: you can walk on clouds.
Fire Giant: Fire Resistance, Proficiency in Smith's Tools, Heavy Armor Proficiency.
Frost Giant: Cold Immunity, Snow Step: You and your party travel at full speed in snowy Teraign.
Hill Giant: +1 Con, Strong Stomach Acid: You can digest nearly anything even rocks. Additionally, reduce poison damage you ingest by your Con modifier.
Stone Giant: Mountain Born: See EEPC, Stones Endurance: Once per Short Rest, when you take damage you can roll a 1d12 + your Constitution score (yes score), take the total and reduce the damage by that.
Cont.

Casters. Casters, Traps, and Environmental Hazards.

Saving Throws.

1) what level are they?
2) what race/class are they playing?
3) what are you running? Published module, homemade?

I don't have my copy of the DMG on hand to reference the exact text - can someone verify? It doesn't matter, he's still a dick either way, but this sounds retarded to me.

>Is there anything I can do to make this better?
Run. While you still can. Aka have someone else DM, this guy is a cunt.

Ask if the player wants the character to have epic rewards thrust upon her. It's very possible the player may not. In which case, I'd respect those wishes. Give her a good, quiet life. Maybe a lakefront inn to run, with a nice view of the sunset over the lake, and a family, if the player is into that. Or maybe the player would rather keep wandering, playing the songs of her companions' saga for years to come. Maybe she puts the tale to pen, ala There And Back Again, so that the world may never forget their heroism.

Find out what the player is aiming for, theme wise, and run with it.

Thinking about the quiet good end makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I feel ya man. The fighter in my campaign is basically invincible (he also has parry).

Forgot
4) what gear do they have?

Pretty much this. Heat Metal is your friend.

Storm Giant: Cantrip Shocking Grasp, at level 5 cast Lighting Bolt once per Long Rest, Storm Born: The Weather is tied to your physical condition. The closer you are to death, the more intense a storm begins forming around you for a mile.
Half-Dwarf: +2 Con & +1 to any other score (including Con)
Darkvision: 60ft
Dwarf Blood: Advantage on saves made against poison.
Born Artisan: Choose a Proficiency in any Artisan's Tools of your choice.
Mineralogy: By smelling, tasting, and otherwise inspecting, you can tell the worth of any gem, ore, or precious metals.
Miners Endurance: You can Mine for twice as long as normal, Addionally once per day you can as an action cure yourself of one level of exhaustion.

Does these races seem fun or otherwise interesting to play? Thoughts please.

On that note - Someone in the last thread mentioned re-working two weapon fighting. Would "Add your offhand damage weapon damage dice to weapon attacks" be fair? So dual wielding shortswords becomes 2d6+ability mod. I suppose that lets rogues have a finesse greatsword for no investment, which is maybe a bit much. Maybe require TWF feat or martial weapon proficiency. How fair does that seem?

user, have you heard about Rust monsters by any chance?

AoE, make them use their saves. Fireball, Breath Weapons, shit like Cloudkill.
Remind them that there are more dangerous things than wood and metal.

So, I realised the only class I haven't homebrewed sub-classes for is Rogue. I can't decide which of the following ideas I want to work on. What does the general think?
-Poison Master
-Weapon Master
-Trap Maker
-Conversions of the Artificer subclasses to Rogue subclasses cause Artificer sucks
-Scary Rogue.

They're level 4.
Theres a fighter, a paladin, two heavy armor clerics, and a ranger, so thats part of it
Home made campaign
Gear wise its just a big mix of stuff. 3/5 of them use shields, and the others dual wield and have the feat for +1 ac.
Its not like they're all heavily optimized, they just have so much AC I feel like its bogging the game down.
Yeah I guess I have to start doing more caster-y stuff. I just like mundane guys. Maybe I need to start sending enemies at them that set each other up with advantage somehow. Darkness, pack tactics, etc.
More environmental hazards are a good idea.

I just wish the campaign could keep going as it is with the kinds of enemies they face (lots of zombies and stuff) but just have those enemies be more scary again.

Are you retarded? 17 to 20 AC is fucking standard.

If you need stronger undead, invent some. It's a world full of magic so just think of something.
Zombie Ogres, Burning Skeletons that shoot lightning, Golems composed of thousands of maggots or scarabs. Use your imagination.

What makes the other D&D settings unique?
Eberron, Dark Sun, Mystara, Dragonlance, Greyhawk, Rokugan and the likes? I've read a bit about them but I'd like to hear opinions.

Shadowdancer.

Why would anyone run arcane trickster rogue when trickery domain cleric does basically the same thing only much, much better?

Shit like this makes me mad

You're retarded m8.

sai that to me fecking face, guv'nuh

In case you're actually wondering what my deal is and not just trolling, the issue I'm having is that now that ACs are that high, combats have been dragging on because there are sometimes whole dead rounds where the party rolls bad and no monsters can hit them. I asked and got some solutions to this problem. And to answer your question idk maybe. I might be retarded.
I have been inventing a few. I think I'm just missing the smaller numbers game. I guess its just hard letting go and watching the party grow up. I like the idea of burning skeletons that shoot lightning though, and that weirdly fits into the campaign I'm doing because theres a sub plot about the corruption of fire magic and I also kind of have a thing I'm trying to work in with a storm god.

Make it +1d4, no matter what the off hand weapon is. +1d6 with a feat,.or maybe as part of the 2wf feat.

Does the party make use of advantage? Do the monsters?

They all should!

Maybe. I am just a bit annoyed about not having picked up any real goal from her, while the others have been very clear about the direction they want to go.

[spoilers]It makes me feel like a shit GM[/spoilers]

>-Poison Master
And give them options for poisons that aren't fucking retarded, like what we currently have.

Still hoping the next UA is Poisons revised.

Fuck your mystic.

>Eberron
Magitek aside, it's the best setting for a hardboiled film-noir kind of mood. Everyone feels out-of-place and unfulfilled, even the dragons, and there's a sense of nationalism and other overarching ideologies crushing the individual. It's not a hell-on-earth like Dark Sun or Ravenloft, but there's a more abstract sort of suffering everywhere.

The distinct thing about Mystara is that reaching a high enough level automatically makes you immortal. A community of uber-powerful retired adventurers manipulates the world in secret and fight each other Highlander-style.

Dragonlance is the corniest D&D setting. Everything is played straight as a +1 arrow, and you're supposed to sort of cultivate a naive point of view when playing it. It tries to take everything old and make it new again, not by changing it, but by having everyone pretend their hardest like they've never seen it before.

There is no reason to play Greyhawk. It's too silly to be a serious campaign setting and too serious to be a silly one.

First time DM here. One of my players deciced to play a GoO warlock chaotic evil and wants to kill as many other PCs as possible. Starting at lv5 and I dont want to get into a shitfest between players.
wat do

just tell him no, make a new character.
dnd table is a group activity, he can jerk himself off to power fantasies on his own time.

Tell him to come up with a new hook. That's retarded and nobody is gonna have fun with that character in the group.

"Hi, it's my first time being a DM and I don't think I could handle one of my players trying to engage in PvP. Could we not do that, at least until I'm a more experienced DM?"

Tell them no.

If they don't take no for an answer, say that you don't take no for an answer, and show them the door.

Tell them they aren't allowed play an Evil character.
You'll probably kick him soon or later, since this is his idea of 'fun' but always give people a chance.

Devil Fruit Eater

Help, need opinions on my homebrew. I know it's shit, it's shit by definition.
pastebin.com/nQRmGvwj

thanks

Okay I'm playing a Lore Bard and I just hit 6. I'm probably taking Haste or Slow. Should I get bot or one or thee other? Or should I get a lower level spell?

Thanks. I've been interested in Eberron for a while, but nothing's out for it in 5e- Might have to go search out the older books.

can anyone else cast haste? if so, get something else.
get aura of vitality, get animate dead, get conjure animals, get counterspell, get fireball, get fly, get revivify.
get something game changing. don't get slow. hell i wouldn't even get haste unless someone on you team can really benefit from it.
you can fly, turn into gas, raise and talk to the dead, bring the dead back to life, control storms, curse people. anything you want. and you want to give someone an extra attack, or slow down one enemy?

Any concept ideas for battlemaster fighters? l'm completely uninspired.

>tfw good aligned character
>tfw party meets a devil and goes evil

I didn't put much thought into this, but you could work something out from this.

I've found that BM fighters can multiclass well with just about any other class and you get a cool, very unique character.

So pureblood paladins are really good, but I can't quite seem to justify a "nice" yuan ti. Then again, I don't see why an emotionless being would make sacrifices to dark gods to save the world either.

Still, it would be crazy mechanically effective to have, say, an oath of the ancients pureblood. Even a shield focused one could have a decent attack via poison spray.

Any idea on why a yuan ti would do... anything, other than eat rats and lay in the sun, let alone be a reasonably nice protector?

>CR 3
>Fireball

to reclaim a stolen artifact that is conveniently linked to the main quest

Don't greentext the link next time

Defend sneks

Oh fuck, I forgot to change that.

Does one need to have emotions as we commonly accept them to be to acknowledge what's right and wrong?

Amnesia, it got knocked out, picked up by some knights and trained in the way of their order, etc, etc. It knows nothing about its heritage, even though it acts cold and detached without meaning to.

Well sure but l chose bm fighter in the first place because l don't wanna think too much. so no multiclassing, at least for now.

YYYEEEAAAHHHH WAR DOMAIN ON THE BOARD NOW

Help me out, anons. Does anyone use the D&D Dungeon Tiles sets (3rd or 4th ed) or have any other terrain tiles or maps they use?

I'm trying to stay on a budget and have been shopping through all of the D&D Dungeon tilesets and some other sets on drivethrurpg.com that are very cool (they have a big GM sale going on btw.)

I'm also getting ye old vinyl battlemat, which are great, but my questions are if I do go for a set or two, are the essentials ones enough to make anything substantial? How about does anybody use any other types of set besides just drawing out their maps? Any other advice is fucking welcome as fuck.

I can't print anything, btw, so all of the cool pdf stuff is off the table for right now.

Good point, though I don't know. I assume they have some sort of abstract motivating force.

Makes sense too.

Also works.

>arbalest crossbowman. Different manuevres=different crossbow bolts
>scimitar arabian dervish with sweeping attack, trip and evasive footwork
>Roman centurion commander with commander's strike, rally and maneuvering attacks
>light armored, dex based spear-and-round-shield myrmidon
>cocky rapier wielding buccaneer

battlemaster/(open hand?) monk is one i've been wanting to do

bretty gud

Anyone have experience 3D printing your own miniatures?
Is it feasible? Do I need to be an artist/3D modeler?
What's your favorite resources?
How much do I need to invest to do it not shittily?
Any device recommendations?

nudge

Get the blank, vinyl maps that represent different terrains flatly, then spend the cash on really good markers, instead of tile sets. Tile sets ultimately suck. They aren't designed for what you're doing, so you either have to design around them and never use them again, or make all your terrain generic to your reuse of them. Either option kinda sucks so, unless you're gonna just spend an ungodly sum of money collecting every tile set ever so that you have enough variety? Good markers and terrain colors.

>The distinct thing about Mystara is that reaching a high enough level automatically makes you immortal. A community of uber-powerful retired adventurers manipulates the world in secret and fight each other Highlander-style.
They're the literal Gods of the setting, they don't kill each other, and "reaching a high enough level" is only the start of questing for Immortality. Seriously, go whip out the old WoI and look at the rules for becoming an Immortal. It's like the DM needs to build a campaign around just fucking one party member doing this and everyone else is trying to help him, and it takes 20 fucking years or something.

I'm an engineer who does CAD for work and I don't think I'd have the skills to design reasonably realistic minis.

3-D printers that aren't shit are also really expensive, though the programs can be pirated.

Also, how about a desire to understand those emotions, and emulate them to as far as they can manage while also representing what so many people consider an ideal?
I'm tired so that probably didn't make sense

How does this look?
Maid draconic bloodline Sorceress

>player name: harpy

mystic today?

Thanks man this is what I was really thinking. Was reading reviews on the Pathfinder flip-mats which sound decent but are laminated paper instead of vinyl and a lot of people talk about creases they can't get out. I wish the Chessex vinyl mats came in like green grass or gray stone colors but they're only in tan.

The markers seem to be the coolest thing about the tile sets but you can get those from lots of places and far cheaper. Hell, most of the tilesets are out of print now so they go for at least $20 to $40-$50, and for that higher price you can get one of the damned D&D board games that comes with a shitload of markers and 40+ miniatures.

I'm just a sucker for great looking terrain so the tilesets caught my eye, but you're right. They seem very limited use.

No. No UA until next Monday, the 13th.

And it probably won't be Mystic because they need a whole two fuckin' weeks to disappoint everyone again.

We can get mystic today if you want ~~~

That works too.

>a lot of people talk about creases they can't get out.
I have those. Getting the creases out is a pain in the ass of backfolding, and then you can never put them away or the problem comes back. Also the colors on them make most markers show really poorly, which sucks.

I do have a bunch of the pathfinder tile sets and I always like them in theory, but never actually use any because the sizes don't work for me, very well, which is why I'm kinda turned off to tilesets in general.

>I'm just a sucker for great looking terrain so the tilesets caught my eye, but you're right
Exactly the reason I bought them and am recommending that you do not waste money also doing so.

>next week, we unvail the long awaited POISONS REVISITED
>Long have people been complaining about poisons being unviable, too expensive, and too weak, and we never disappoint our loyal fans
>Now you can finally make that poison specialist you always wanted!

No, that would actually be somewhat useful. They wouldn't release actual content.

We're going to get something that ties into the Yawning Portal book.
It'll be a DM guide on how to handle character deaths in the party and a bunch of new tables for randomizing character creation so you can bring a back-up PC into the party lickety-split.
>we need a UA to tell people to roll new characters

Even better, we literally already got that UA.

Which one?

>In yuan-ti cities, pure bloods are treated fairly but live in an environment where their wants and needs are eclipsed by those of the malisons and abominations.

>They can live incognito among humans
as diplomats, infiltrators, and spies. Because they get to wield power and influence while playing such roles, some pure bloods surround themselves with luxury in their human guises and then become resentful when they have to return home and live under the caste system again.

Seems like selfishness is a good motive for yuan ti PCs.

Exactly. They can't stop rehashing optional DMG rules and previous UA releases for non-content shit.

They got a soul transplant by a Naga and now act as their holy warrior.

media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/UA_Quick_PCs_SFG.PDF

the best motive for yuan-ti PCs is a never-ending hunger for rats and other small vermin