40k 8th

I want to get into 40k but from what I've seen it looks like 7th edition is coming to a close so should I just wait for 8th, and long is it in between editions?

I'd say to wait, but if your really want to you could just get some of the basic infantry choices or HQ's that you want, can't go wrong with them. as long as you know what army you want to play that is.

It's mechanized guard

My sources tell me It's going to drop at the beginning of the summer.

If that's what your getting then go strait on ahead, guard is VERY flexible and unless they get a crazy new transport that's better than a chimera next edition you can't go wrong

Oh, almost forgot, do you have a list on hand? Just wanted to see out of curiosity

1 command squad
4 veterans with special weapons with the gernadier upgrade
5 chirmias

Have same problem as yours but I'm thinking about playing Tyranids and I know that changes can be huge here

From what I have gathered from memes they kinda suck but I would listen to the first guy just bus some troops and HQ

Well either way you'll be needing the command squad.

Yeah, problem there is that the tyranids have undergone some massive changes over the years. We've had carnifexes being hot shit then trygons, and now your amy is just a way to get your winged hive tyrant onto the field, who could very well become dogshit next edition if they nerf flying monsters.

I mean, I could tell you to buy some gaunts because they're always at least somewhat necessary, but maybe the next big thing will be a HQ carnifex that lets you take MCs as troops, in which case gaunts will be worthless.

I'm just not sure if it's a good moment to buy anything. Maybe with new edition we will see some new package and boxes deals like start collecting v2.0

It's funny because this is both a meme and an actually viable list, or a solid foundation to branch out with.

In the exact same boat, user. I live under a rock, and just sold off my Orks with the intent on picking up Nids, but now suddenly 8th is coming "eventually", and I don't know if I should wait or just launch in to stuff.

I'm having a lot of budget-friendly fun with ____AoS___ right now so I can collect all hobby tools, learn basics of miniature games etc. I don't really see a point of buying 40k stuff right now. Yeah, I want to paint some neat buggy minis but sometimes you have to be a reasonable autist and play with shit you already have. Skavens are cool tho so I will stick with both games in future if 8e will be better than 7e

how is this list a meme

Dude, just pick something you know you will enjoy painting and modeling with. The highlights of game nights, friends and laughter is just a fraction of this hobby. 90% of the time will be spent alone in your hobby room, working tirelessly to create your army.
If you pick something for the rules alone, you will never be able to place a fully painted army on the field, and the time you spend on it will be in agony, not fun times.

Rules can change at the slightest of whim. I recently started GSC, should I quit because the FAQ nerfed a great deal of the things I found awesome? No, and the same applies to 8th edition.

"Veterans in chimeras" is a meme army to the same extent as "just get scatter laser windriders and a wraithknight"

Add a bunch of Wyverns and a Paskuisher and you win the meme award

Honestly, I'd just jump in and roll with the changes as they come. If the past few months have taught us anything it's that once the books start coming they don't stop coming. We're fed to the rules and hit the ground running. It doesn't make sense not to play for fun, cause your brain gets smart but the game gets dumb. So much to do, so much see, so what's wrong with taking a quick read? You never know if you don't go, you'll never shine if you don't glow.

Hey now, you're a blob guard, get your priest on, go play.

Hey now, you're a grot squad, get your animus vitae.

And all the guard players know.

Only 5 Chimeras break the mold.

Not OP but is this for srs? I play a tank heavy guard but i was looking at the Emperors Blade Assault Company for my guardsman, plus I was always interested in the hellhound aswell (I vs a Dark Eldar player quite often) Is it meme because it's supposedly op?

Kind of the opposite. It was one of the go-to power armies back in 5th edition, but it hasn't aged gracefully. Nowadays, it's still a powerful list to face with lower tier armies, but it can't really hold a candle to the absurdity of Grav Gladius, Eldar, or Summon-heavy Daemons.

The real meme IG army is Psykana Division summoning Daemons anyways.

Of course you should start, but dont buy any rule books or codexes until 8th comes out and people see if it's better than 7th or not, just torrent PDF's of the 7th books in the meantime

It's not OP but it's not bad at all. It's basically the main option non-tank, non-blob Guard players use. Hence why it's a meme. I swear half of all IG armies consist of a bunch of Veterans in Chimeras.

It used to be OP though. Also if you run one Hellhound it will do good but if you spam them then Mr. DE is going to flip the fucking table and stop on your little army men. Just forewarning.

That's just powergaming, it's not shitposted about or used nearly as much as Chimera-Vets are

Ah, still I'll probably get the Assault Company I like the fluffy side of it.

But I'll tell you whats no joke. I got a wyvern the other day, this thing is crazy for 65 points, i slotted it into a small Artillery company alongside a Hydra (no jink saves for u dark eldar) and my friend could barely believe how many wounds it inflicted on his poor reavers, plus, being a barrage i was able to snipe his blasters and caltrops before killing the other reavers. Crazy effective. Works against anyone aswell, like when i pitted it against some admech, i just killed all the arc weapons at the back, and he thought he was so safe behind those buuldings.

Bravo

Thanks for forewarning he was already aghast at the powah of da wyvern

It's a cool game, and they say it'll get cooler. There's bundles out now and 8th is next summer, but social media men beg to differ, judging by how all these books are filler. The Fall of Cadia was pretty great, the next one's coming soon so you might as well wait. My army's on fire, how 'bout yours? That's the way I like it and I never get bored.

Skip the 40k phase entirely and jump straight into one of the good games. There's plenty out there nowadays and you really don't have to play the shit one.

Wait on it. 8th edition should be dropping in late spring/early summer

I can corroborate that. A drunk, disgruntled GW manager said that it'll be mid June and they are redoing codexes like sigmar.

He said to not buy a codex.

That was a good party

>they are redoing codexes like sigmar.
Ultracast Eternal Ultramarines?

I'd wait to buy some of those sweet new Female Wulfen Squat Marines.

lel

Like free rules for all models and I don't need to own like 10 books

Yah, like warscrolls n shit

Nice