Why do you guys think this was the only one of the future sight lands to get it's own full cycle?

Why do you guys think this was the only one of the future sight lands to get it's own full cycle?

Horizon Canopy I totally understand. We really don't need more of those running around in every two color-combination.

A similar argument could be made for Grove of the Burnwillows but it's not as strong.

But I see no reason why wizards hasn't done completed cycles of River of Tears and Nimbus Maze.

Because it was a flash forward to Lorwyn, the set many of the Future Shifted Cards that actually got printed are from.

That's it. The cycle was already finished by the time we saw this card, it just took a while to get released.

Graven Cairns was likely designed as a real land ahead of time because Lorwyn was being released next.

The issues with Grove of The Burnwillows and Horizon Canopy is that they can be easily ridiculous in a whole bunch of colours, so they gave them to the colours that are least likely to utilize them. Even if they're not overpowered, they're mechanics you don't want on more than a single card.

The other two were just garbage mechanics, River of Tears isn't as bad as Nimbus Maze, but they're still not worth it over just printing a new and better cycle, or reprinting and old better cycle.

I think MARO said he wanted to complete all the cycles from time spiral before he retires.

River of Tears makes you strategize when to play a land
Nimbus Maze is good because even though it doesn't ETBT, you still need basic lands to make it better.

The only real way to complete that cycle is to create a new cycle of enemy colours that also experiment with how a Rare level dual land can be executed.

Actually, Shocks and Duals turn Nimbus Maze on as well. It's a pretty good land design.

Future Sight had some weird shit, man

Honestly they say they want to fit future sight stuff when they can but they literally missed what was likely the only chance to bring back Grave Scrabbler for example despite its twist being that its a card that gets a trigger specifically when cast for Madness, and that future is the one we got in Innistrad, and it would have fit just fine flavorwise in every other way (probably would have needed new art though since it clearly wasn't an Innistrad zombie), and the only excuse I recall them giving was they didn't think about it. They at least weakly justified not bringing back Delve cards but they had nothing for Grave Scrabbler

hell yeah it was, it was great.

Wouldn't this die the moment it hits the field?

Yes, unless you have some effect to boost the toughness automatically.

thatsthepoint.jpg

You'd have a Gaea's Anthem in play I'd imagine.

There are reasons you might want it to die. Death's Shadow is more efficient though.

When the set came out I fucking H A T E D it, but god damn has Future Sight grown on me over the years. I don't know what made Wizards say "fuck it, print it all" but thank you for it.

I still can't believe I let that set pass me by and now I can't draft it because of fucking Tarmogoyf.

which was the best part, the weird as hell abilities or the suggestion that we'll eventually have a set where those abilities are normal? I would love to visit the plane this jailer's on because holy fuck how weird is that world that this is a normal job, locking up the dead?

I was an old hand at the time, so TS block was just candy to me. I got to play with the abilities of my youth, like echo, flanking, slivers, and the like. Truly, a great block and a great time it was back then. WotC was better then too about just printing wacky, interesting, provocative cards then.

>Horizon Canopy I totally understand. We really don't need more of those running around in every two color-combination.
-Under the assumption that the cycle wouldn't pick something more fitting the two colors other than Draw

>A similar argument could be made for Grove of the Burnwillows but it's not as strong.
-Under the assumption that the cycle wouldn't pick something more fitting the two colors other than life gain.

You don't seem to understand how land cycles work.