How would an entire party of paladins go?

How would an entire party of paladins go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ebcsowtrU0
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Wj_d-aOE
insee.fr/...anvier-2014.htm
ined.fr/fichier/s_rubrique/170/irsocsd20151_t37ter.fr.xls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The same as any monoparty, fun but ultimately requiring special consideration due to its limitations?

> It's an all paladin party.
> Specifically, a paladin of devotion, a paladin of ancients, a paladin of vengeance, a paladin of the crown and a paladin of conquest.
> Hijinks ensue

to Jerusalem

Heresy would be purged.

What do you call an all paladin party anyway?

A crusade.

How loudly can your group shout DEUS VULT, and how much do you want your campaign to turn into a crusade?

What system? Of PF, you could use the Variant Multiclass rules to get their Paladin features, or they could all gestalt Paladin with another class to cover their bases?

Paladin//Oracle
Paladin//Sorcerer
Paladin//Swashbuckler
Paladin//Ninja?

>Big bad's face when a full party Smite

>What do you call an all-paladin party?

The heroes

Depends on what gods they worship.

They either unite for sheer awesomeness, or immediately kill each other.

It depends on how good your group is at roleplaying to be honest. Lets say we're going 3.5/Pathfinder, or whatever 5e lets you do. You've got four dwarven paladins of Moradin. Seems like they'd be stepping on each other's toes right?

AxeBeard is a young firebrand who is all about punishing oathbreakers. He thinks its his duty to be the vengeful fist of Moradin. McDwarf on the other hand is a penitent who believes in redemption and preaching to the people. Big on missionary work and helping prisoners. Then you've got Aleflint, a royal dwarf who thinks he has the divine right to rule and is using his experiences as an adventurer to become a better lord one day. Tying them all together is Father O'Dorf who is a tired old man who is teaching these younggins the ways of Moradin while getting back in the game himself.

Bam, plenty of RP possibilities without a much worries based about their race or class.

I think you meant constantinople

Istanbul*

Reality/Historically, absolutely

At most PnP tables? Pic related

A religious warfare game would be pretty cool to run. Removing orcs from the Holy Lands?

No.
Removing belkans from clay.

>Paladin of Pelor
>Paladin of St Cuthbert
>Paladin of Murlynd
>Paldin of that one obscure human supporting frog deity that is actually real I shit you not

Team HFY, Pelor brings the Sun, Cuthbert gets shit done, Mulynd brings the guns and the Frog? eh-

Frogs like the tiny Japanese guy

youtube.com/watch?v=7ebcsowtrU0

Shit that would be cool

>Not the Paladin Pals

Hungary*

That reminds me of that one image of a bunch of knights in a diner.
>What’ll you take?
>WE WILL TAKE JERUSALEM!

You know the Makai Knights from Garo? Sort of like that.

you mean this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Wj_d-aOE

Yes.
Also, my thanks, I’d seen that before but it seems I forgot to save it.

Wasn’t there a larger version of that?

The OP distinctly asked how they go. This how they roll.

please forgive me I'm really high and eating curly fries

I think you're hilarious. I'm really drunk and walked two miles to power metal.

On Halloween me and my buddies all decided to go as crusaders, most of us had custom costumes with cloth tabard and crosses painted f9r actual orders. We went to a Denny's later that night and pulled this exact this I shit you not. It was glorious. All the little Muslim kids were afraid to take candy from us.

Can they be multiclass paladins? I'm confident even with only pure paladin builds you could build a well-rounded party.

>Tankadin
Wears heavy armor, wields a shield and longsword or battleaxe. Protection fighting style, Oath of the Ancients for dat stoneskin oath spell and aura of warding. Outlander background. Roleplays as a barbarian-turned-knight who's prodigious endurance and nearly equal faith made him an obvious choice for this holy quest. High Con.

>DPSadin
Heavy armor, wields a maul. Great weapon fighting style, Oath of Vengeance for obvious reasons. Acolyte background. Roleplays as a young and pious cleric-knight who's all too eager to punish the enemies of the gods. Purge and smite! High Str.

>Thiefadin
Light armor, wields a longbow and rapier for backup. Dueling fighting style. Oath of Devotion, Criminal background. Roleplays as a redeemed thief who turns his skills from his former life toward good. High dex

>Healadin
Heavy armor, wields a mace and shield. Defense fighting style. Oath of the Crown. Hermit background. Roleplays as a more mystic type who came out of retirement from a secluded temple to be a warrior again for one last quest. Highest Cha of the party.

They are all gathered by some high priest and sent on a holy mission to kick evil's ass and save the world. What ensues can only be described as a romp.

Divine Intervention

What sort of setting would facilitate that sort of party ? Zombie apocalypse in medieval fantasy world?

They would have to avoid ice and other slippery surfaces.

>power metal
Mah nigga

That's actually the party's face when they remember the antagonist is Chaotic Good, and therefore can't be smote.

>Muslim kids afraid to take candy
Kek. A thousand years later and the salt remains.

>bunch of greasy LARPers yelling deus vult at muslim kids

I'd have been scared too.

Then I guess you deserve to be scared.

Where would one go about getting that kind of costume and how expensive would it be? Sounds like a sick costume for Halloween and I might even get more use out of it if i eventually decide to start participating in the SCA or any of the LARP's in my area.

>working on halloween
>four fat greasy neckbeards walk in, neck fat is literally seeping out of their polystyrene helemt
>they roll over to the counter
>they all awakwardly millaround rubbing their hands
>one of them steps forward
>"Hello! mlady, i will have a cheesburger and my comrades will have a uhhh 3 hamburgers"
>one of these blobs sees a small muslim child, and attempts to bend over to give him candy but ends up ripping is tabbard and screams about the jews
>second one screams deus vult at said child and he runs back to his family scared
>ask these dipshits to leave
>The guy at the counter face screws up like a fucking black hole
>BUT I ORDERED BURGERS
>get manager
>fat retards get kicked out
wanted to get that off my chest.

Power walk metal?

underrated

What a coincidence! This is exactly what happened in Jerusalem too.

Well for my helmet and chainmail coif and shirt I just got it from a Halloween store, spirit of Halloween and party city respectfully. For my tabard I took a bed sheet and cut it to size then used fabric paint from Michael's to paint my cross. I used extra cuttings from the sheet to make a turban for my helmet like some crusaders did, I was a knight of St. Lazarus (pic related). I had a belt I bought from party city and used long John's for tights kind of like in Monty python. I got a sword from party city but I cut out some card board and used metallic tape to make a maul on a long wooden dowel.

I actually looked pretty similar to pick related turban on helmet and all it was kinda my reference.

I think a party composed of paladins serving every major god in the pantheon is a potentially interesting idea.

Found a pic of us that Halloween I'm the helmeted one with the green cross to the far left

>filename: slavic paladins
What a niche reference. So many people not on this site wouldn't understand it. Neat.

Thanks for the info. Seems pretty simple and it looks pretty good too.

Honestly, I think an entire party with Resistance to Magic Damage, +5 to weapon damage, +5 to saving throws, and Fear and Charm Immunity would be a force to be reckoned with.

Good luck keeping track of all those auras at all times, though.

I imagine it would be pretty fucking metal. You can make a fantasy version of the templars and how they were killed by the crown save for a few. But since there no longer around to stop evil shit there is a demon apocalypse. Now the last few paladins have to close the hell gates to save the world that turned it's back on them. Cue epic metal

>the DMPC is charlemagne

Would you rather serve under:
>fantasy Richard the Lion Hearted
>fantasy King Arthur
>fantasy Charlemagne
[spoilers]>fantasy Saladin[/spoilers]

AEthelstan.

Literally who?

>Richard
>Arthur
>Charlemagne
>Not the King of Saints and Saint of Kings

>warrior paladin
>wizard paladin
>rogue paladin
>healer paladin

I'd buy that for a dollar!

News to me. How would following him go?

>Kek. A thousand years later and the salt remains.
Reminder that the arabs won.

If they can all proc Sol, then it's all over.

I love WHM

Sounds fun.

They could be a bunch of nobles on a holy quest. One of them could even be a king.

> or they could all gestalt Paladin with another class to cover their bases?
Tried to GM that in PF's Worldwound (Heavy anti-demon campaign). It was an unabashed cinematic campaign.

We had
> a paladin / (sorcerer/oracle/mystic theurge)
> a paladin / gunslinger
> a paladin / skald with cheese
> a paladin / ranger (with fav. enemy demon, of course)

Basically:
happened.

see also, dubs.

T. Muhammad

I have plans for a full-paladin one-shot game some day. But in a bleak gothic horror-fantasy setting. With some brightladins, some nearing fall, and some secretely nearing fall. Old soldiers who have stared into the darkness and eager young squires, all that.
And then I'll throw vampires and the like at them.

Public sculpture used to be so cool. Nowadays it's crap sculptors and crap subjects.

Please, don't make me go all /pol/ over this. This might get ugly, like, thrown off a building ugly.

Please do, I love me some /pol/

But user, the legendary Bogatyrs weren't real paladins.

A queer inviting muslims is committing an indirect suicide-by-sharia. This nihilistic shit propagated by the left might lead to a civil war as western fertility rates continue to decline, and is compensated by mass immigration from those countries with a positive fertility rate.

The inability (or unwillingness) to perceive the risk inherent to mass immigration of intolerant cultures is jeopardizing not only their lives, but any social, economic and technological advances.

Of course, one could advocate that removing such an individual might prevent such a social degeneracy, but as a we live in a society bent on women's rights, incentives and mechanics are such that THIS is the only outcome. Call it social Darwinism meet the Welfare State.

So the best way to eliminate the threat is to go full leftie, watch western civilization fall, rebuild it with your own resource and knowledge stashes avoiding universal sufferage (not only women's), and go Deus Veult of islamic communities.

There you go, post-apocalyptic paladin party is now possible.

>he doesn't know muslim birth rates are declining too

Bangladesh already has the same birth rate as France and the UK.

Technically, still Bengladesh is still .2 over France, and .3 over the UK. Besides, european fertility numbers are boosted by muslim immigrants.

insee.fr/...anvier-2014.htm

> Syria at 3.0
> Somalia at 6.67

Sorry, wrong link
ined.fr/fichier/s_rubrique/170/irsocsd20151_t37ter.fr.xls

How do you feel about Paladins in other settings?

combatwise, they would be an unstopable phalanx of plate-armor, who can heal themselves
depending on the setting, even have good range attacks

out of combat, their paladin status can easily gain the trust of churches and other locals alike
also most of them would be skilled in diplomacy
stealth operations will be a problem tough

another con, would be, if each of them worship different gods, what can cause malevolence among the party
they also have problems, if they "need to do acts of evil"

>stealth operations will be a problem tough
>Not having a Gnome Paladin of a Garl Glittergold in your all paladin group.

>if each of them worship different gods, what can cause malevolence among the party
Better: they all worship the same god, just different churches/regions/holy orders, each having a slightly (but importantly) different idea how said got should be served/worshipped.

>fantasy King Arthur
No thank you, would always result in That Guy Galahad ruining everything.

>Evil or neutral deities not smiting down the oppressive order of good.

Bless you user, my sides

>Bucket helmet
>"Chaotic good" serial killer wearing clothes stained with the blood of whomever comes his way
>Outsider paladin following some cool unheard-of deity or aberration
>Clerics, so the palas can concentrate on smiting
Good group, would give extra cand... er, gold dubloons for the quest.

>How would following him go?
He was a great king (in terms of both moral character and economic policy, seeing France become the richest country in Europe in spite of two crusades) but as a military leader he was probably just okay-ish. Even the gains of the 7th Crusade (which was mostly the Saracens abandoning Acre, which earned the Crusader States a bit more security in their position) was mostly because he impressed the Sultan with his moral character... while in captivity.

I guess serving under him as a TTRPG paladin would probably mean either joining one of his disastrous crusades (and maybe turning the tide?) or alternatively being one of his enforcers within Europe. He heavily reformed tax law and cracked down of abuse of power by tax collectors, the nobility and the clergy alike. So you'd probably run around France making examples of capricous noblemen and abusive clergymen, which would of course earn you a lot of enemies. Especially if this takes place during a crusade, which would mean during the absence of the king. You could prevent or cause a civil war.

That's how I'd run it, at least.

Tell me about it. Because honoring the heroes of the past is always sexist or racist in some way, public sculptures usually result in some abstract piece of vomit that may or may not vaguely resemble a dildo.

>Besides, european fertility numbers are boosted by muslim immigrants.
>Boosted
Uh-huh.
>“One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory.”
– Houari (Mohamed) Boumedienne
There is no boosting of "European" birth rates.

Why would they want to smite someone who is not evil?
Why would someone who is good do something that draws the wrath of an all paladin group upon him?

kek

Like my current game ever since the players accidentally a catastrophe that left them all infected with Paladinism.

They end all fights with diplomacy or a lot of broken arms and strive to end conflict across the land to force people to live at their little bumpkin town and eat tons of pork and beer.

I don't get that pic

Man goes out a Crusadin', leaving his wife and son behind.
Man fights in long and bloody battles, and as he rises through the ranks he grows more hardened as a person.
Finally, the war ends and he can return to his family, discovering that his son has grown up in his absence.
He discovers that he can no longer go back to his family. Maybe because he feels he's gone too far, or maybe because he just wants to keep fighting until he drops.

>After a long and bloody crusade, the father returns home beaten but alive
>He discovers his that his son has grown up in his absence
>There's something that pisses him off about his son, but he doesn't know why
>Maybe it's the way he talks, with an effeminate lisp
>Maybe it's the fact that he's so scrawny a gentle breeze could blow him away
>Maybe it's the fact that he runs back to mommy with tears in his eyes after incurring even the slighest bruise
>Or maybe it's the fact that his idea of providing for a family is becoming a florist
>This is what happens when you leave a woman behind to do a man's job
>One day his faggot son pisses him off so much he can't even handle it anymore
>"I'm getting too chivalrous for this shit!"
>When mother and son come to check up on him, they catch the father donning his old armor
>When his wife asks what he's doing, he kisses her on the mouth and swings their son under his arm
>"I'm going to make our boy a man!"
And so the adventures of Faggot Son and Disappointed Dad began!

Frog brings chaos.

Praise Kek, let the world end in flames

The blessed Paladin of KEK is the wildcard of the team. Just like how in KonoSuba Megumin can either save or ruin the day, so can this Paladin of Kek. His actions are dictated by the wims of fate. This doesn't mean he's a "LOLSORANDUMB" character that's just as likely to help you as shank you, but more that he utterly lacks control over his abilities and is just as likely to turn an enemy into a frog as he is to buff him into a titan.

He's also obsessed with repeating digits and patterns, considering them blessings of KEK.

>Implying either of those outcomes doesn't lead to the collapse of a civilisation

Confirmed for not Kekking enough.

>KEK confirmed that I'm not Kekking hard enough

I actually ran this a while and I think the minor differences spurred good RP to differentiate themselves. When evil came knocking, they turned into a vortex of bro steel though.

Really fun game, overall. They were like celebrities in all corners of the holy empire and steamrolled absolutely everything.

That doesn't sound lawful good at all.