Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Meme shit Edition!

Tell us about the shitty memes your games have, and what you've done about them!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
PS: Avowed is getting big changes soon(ish).

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62955/slash-pfg-slash-hells-vengeance
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The meme is that everyone at the table and their characters are 100% gay. When we're only like, 80%.

HELP

I'M PRETTY SURE THE OTHER PLAYERS WANNA ERP WITH ME BETWEEN SESSIONS

I'M SO NERVOUS. I HAVEN'T EVEN ERPED IN HALF A DECADE.

I NEED ADVICE AND REASSURANCE

>I'M PRETTY SURE THE OTHER PLAYERS WANNA ERP WITH ME BETWEEN SESSIONS

Don't panic, describe the situation and we will help you guide the proton torpedo into their exhaust port.

Just make it clear that you're somewhat nervous and it's been a really long time since you've done it! I'm sure they'll understand!

Either decline them, saying you don't feel comfortable at this moment, or ask them to guide your hips

> Take computer
> Throw it in the garbage
> Follow suit with own body
> Advise others who are attempting to ERP with you to do the same

I've never ERPed in my life! I don't want to but I've been applying to /pfg/ games because I've only ever played with people I know and I'm curious about playing with strangers! I've also been conditioned to never say no when roleplaying.

Like a girl reaching puberty late that just learned she could be pretty.

don't panic

So! What sort of things does your character carry with them on the road, /pfg/? Do they have any personal keepsakes, or do they limit themselves to practical equipment? Anything you're particularly proud or fond of in either case?

This is going to be my PC. Say something nice about him.

Just like bullying womp rats back home.

>So! What sort of things does your character carry with them on the road, /pfg/?

His horse is the one that carries it all.

I bet he doesn't get chased around by dogs /too/ much.

She carries a copy of The History and Future of Humanity and practices drills out of the Swordsman's Analect.

Curious: Who and what game?

Second, don't worry about it. Just try and make sure you don't book up your whole night, put some passion into your writing, and maybe run it through a Word spell check if you're really worried.

*Any* effort is good when it's for roleplaying.

DO
NOT
BULLY
RATS

Looks like she'd be tasty with barbecue sauce

What sort of things does his horse carry on the road, then?

Ooh! Ooh!

Guys, what are some of the books you could buy in Pathfinder? Like, I'm talking proper leatherbound books that aren't necessarily magical. I know all about Aroden's Twelve Easy Steps to Unfuck your Future, but what about the others?

>Like a girl reaching puberty late that just learned she could be pretty.
Do you feel pretty?
Oh so pretty?
Do you feel pretty, and witty, and
Gaaaaaaaaay?
Well, feeling pretty,
Is truly the /pfg/ way!

Pathfinder Chronicles. Saucy Tales of Taldan Wenches. The Leviathan of Galt.

Reminder that applications to Hell's Vengeance are now open,

Come be EVIL.

What books should I pick up to read about Cheliax to prepare a Hell's Vengeance app? I'm very unfamiliar with that region.

>What sort of things does his horse carry on the road, then?

Ooh, all sorts of things! Ole Bayard carries a tent, a grooming kit for himself and his owner, tons of food and spices and cooking supplies, and a genuine Wayfinder! Yes, he's got a Wayfinder! Ain't that fancy?

Posting again in the new thread:

We're looking for recruits right now for a hard reboot, as three of our players have left us/will be leaving us. Party is on the Lawful Side of neutral, but a few Neutral/Chaotic Evil people who could work with the lawful side would not be inappropriate.

You should go in expecting things to be about as lewd as Rise of the Jade Regent has been thus far, maybe a little more, maybe a little less depending on the players and party.

There was a meme about the paladin and cleric being gay bros since they do so much gay friendly shit together and the players got along super well and were always cutting up and carrying on.

Sort of fell flat once we found out the paladin player was fucking the cleric player's wife, who was the witch player.

Cayden has placards called the Placard of Wisdom.

"Be not as drunk as you think you are."

"Live free or die (or run away, or whatever seems best at the moment)."

Posted some advice for character concepts here,

Well we'd be happy to tell you anything and everything there is to be known about Cheliax or that particular region of the Inner Sea! I know you don't know a lot, but how much *do* you know? Do you know about the Jeggare, or Henderthane, or maybe Westcrown or Egorian?

My wife and one of the other players had extensive "ERP sessions" while I was at the office. Now we're getting a divorce.

The Collected Histories of Lord Avon
The Chronicles of the Hopper Knight

A silver holy symbol of Shelyn, he worships no deity but it's a keepsake from his late mother.

A book full of flowers that he likes and presses on occasion.

I'm pretty blind. Somehow despite a lot of research on Golarion I've completely avoided one of the most popular regions of the world. Probably easier to find the relevant campaign setting.

Inner Sea World Guide, Cheliax, Empire of Devils and the Hell's Vengeance Player's Guide.

Hm. And what prompted her interest in those subjects?

Where'd he get one of those?

Lots of personal equipment and weapons and shit, plus some little wooden statuettes of their family that his stepmother made, the necklace left with him as an infant when his elvish mother abandoned him, and letters from his cute Tiefling fiancée.

So, is there currently a good T3-T4 wizard, cleric, or druid substitute? I'm using PoW classes to replace all martials, but I need the magic half of the game to still be contained.

uh

>Where'd he get one of those?

He won it off an impoverished Pathfinder at the local tavern in Restov, poor girl was desperate to turn her luck around and was willing to pawn off anything.

Did she pawn off her butt virginity?

How long has he collected flowers? Is it something he's proud of, or is he self-conscious regarding it?

Best of luck in your box, Mr. Schrodinger!

Wizard: Magus or Occultist
Cleric: Warpriest or Inquisitor
Druid: Hunter or... just the Hunter.

Those are your most likely options.

thats forbidden!

Her hat (covered in junk that caught her eye over the years like seashell buttons and griffon feathers), her scarf (a family heirloom), and her Harrow Deck (hand-painted)!

Since he was a small child.

I'd say he's pretty self conscious about it, it's a secret he intends to take to his grave.

So uh, what are some rare fighting styles that you guys wanna see more of? Or stuff you've wanted to try even if its not very effective?

I want to give flails, Dorn Durgers and Spiked chains a shot.

I might've implied that if this was an ERP!

It's something I'd certainly enjoy playing around with even as a one-shot.

Abandoned by an elf and affianced to a tiefling? Must be quite the story behind that.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified

You know, a lot of the 3/4 caster classes are really fun as fuck to play, and still get to cast spells enough times past level 1 to feel like casters, though they will often play as martials until things get dire.

The most 'pure' feeling caster is probably the alchemist, but the other 3/4 classes are solid.

Doesn't make it less pleasant

Please stop.

I'll give you more than one shot, believe me

I don't even really like double weapons but it bothers me seeing how much Paizo hates them.

If everyone else is allowed to hawk their games, so is 2hu. Hell, there's not even an image attached to it, so you can't get mad.

I want to MARRY a DROW!

She grew up in Absalom, the center of the dying cult of Aroden. A lonely girl by nature and with only books for company, the History and Future of Humanity quickly became her favorite, despite her half-elven heritage.

The Swordsman's Analect was something she'd read earlier in life, but after an attack on her life outside a bar, it was the first place she went for lessons.

I can't really say. They are from here.

But uhh. I might be looking at jumping straight into like, a group sex session here.

Jesus fuck, NERVOUS.

>I can't really say. They are from here.

Who cares? Describe the campaign and the scenario that might pop your ERP cherry.

I WANT TO MARRY A GILLGAL!

Did she paint the deck herself? Does she divine with it, or does she just use it to play Towers instead?

Fennec Fox is very, very active tonight!

Okay, not to freak you out, but It'll go best if you don't let it turn into a two-person threesome or whatever.

Put in a line every so often, even a short one, to show that you're acknowledging multiple characters rather than just one.

Other than that, just relax and do what you like. Maybe ask OOC if you think you're going to offend someone *really* bad. But hey, if they're from here, that'll be pretty hard to do.

She painted it herself, and she tells fortunes to pay the bills!

>tfw want to participate in a /pfg/ game
>don't want to read adventure paths beforehand to avoid spoiling myself
>without reading the APs or the setting I can't make an autistic backstory
>without an autistic backstory I can't get into a game
suffering

Just ask the GM about what kinds of places or races the game deals with, then look them up on Pathfinderwiki or in the gazetteers. That should give you some good lore without spoilers.

And if you do get spoiled, just play as if you weren't.

The last one is wrong and the second to last one is only partially true. You can write an excessively autistic backstory with all sorts of delicious plot hooks if you read the Player's Guide and the Campaign Book pertinent to the region.

What's an autistic backstory, user?

People with autism have low emotional intelligence and responsiveness, not superior lore-friendly writing skills.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title

Shilling my game again! Still looking for players!

>What is the Player's Guide

I got into WotR with only a cursory examination of the setting by using the pathfinder wiki(I have never played a game in Golarion before).

It's more important to tune your character to the GM's expectations and to create a character who is in theme with the adventure.

Talk to the GM about themes or story hooks, if you need help.

You do know player guides exist for that reason right?
Best part is They're Free!

So i was looking over Dragon Game 2, I'm not applying, but what does everyone think about The Dragon Princess race?

they're aok

If you need an autistic backstory, just pick up relevant campaign settings from the trove.

docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit

for reference

Proposed character.

An Elven Fearmonger Anti-paladin/Geisha Bard based on pic related.

Skills:
Lore (Tea)
Perform (Tea Ceremony)
Craft (Sculture) to make tea sets

Death and destruction don't do it for him. Quite literally kicking sandcastles, as long as honest effort went into that sandcastle, is what gets his rocks off. As a Geisha bard he even has special magical tea ceremonies where he can just throw things on the ground and laugh.

>One of the Dragon 2 hunks will motorboat those when the crossover session happens

Seems pretty good. Little open to degeneracy, but hey, that can be fun too.

thats fucking hillarious

fund it

This entire thing is provably false. DHB makes the most autistic backstories and is adamant about not reading APs first.

Sorry mate, I don't like e8. Hope you get applicants.

user... You do know that sounds an awful lot like Tibetan Buddhism?

is a DSP True Dragon with the half-dragon form feat basically the same thing?

i'm inclined to yes

Don't make an autistic backstory, just a fun one. Shit, like half the people who got in didn't even have anything with Mendev or the crusades until they suddenly did.

But psycho lezzie, short tomboy, slutty elf, and trap all got in plus a couple bland hunks to round it out. You can do better than that.

I have only one question.

WHY ARE THERE NO DRAGON PRINCES!?

I think because people who play dudes tend to think of things in terms of either "imma fucken dragon rawr" or "I want to be the dragon laying knight" rather than anything in between.

You are either the beast or the man, but not a beast-man. Also, scaly/furry stigma.

I can respect a desire to see more flails. Maybe even a dire flail, if I'm feeling silly.

Speaking of silly, shields. Absolutely shields. So much effort required to do something with them, but I want to do something with them now and again.

>tfw your spirited young lady on a quest for a good marriage only has vagrants and foreign mercenaries to pick from

Being Marianne is suffering.

can't be a dragon if you're a rat

>elf mom
Arinia was an Ekujae that dreamed of finding this "Treerazer" fellow and murderizing him. However, on the way north, romance bloomed with an Andoran woodsman, until he was killed by Lumber Consortium thugs. Their child had just been born, and so Arinia abandoned the infant to be found by a kindly traveling peddler (and widower,) who raised the boy, while Arinia resumed her quest for Kyonin

>Tiefling fiancée
They met in Absalom; Shirin was a reclusive Keleshite girl with demon blood and a penchant for playing the barbat. Our hero (the abandoned child, who had grown up and was studying to become cleric) overheard this music from the street and was enchanted; he intentionally came by the same road every day to hear her playing, until he could resist no longer and called upon the masters of the home to compliment whoever had been gracing his ears with such passionate playing. The rest is cute history.

I'm sure the queen can set you up with one of her previous paramours. if she doesn't mind used goods.

Still, some of them might turn out to be diamonds in the rough! And despite being vagrants and foreign mercenaries, who is to say they can't be a good husband?

Calsicahedrix was almost a Dragon Prince and then almost a male human, true story.

Because when people read "dragon princess", they assume that it was made for female characters. A gender-neutral race name might help.

Because wolves are easier to cuddle than scaly dragons, duh.

Technically the name of the race is Dragon Royalty, but then they're subdivided into Prince and Princess respectively.

Sakimichan's genderswapped female characters are the most fuckable men ever drawn, I swear.

The things I would do to that ass.

Is reviewAnon going to come back and do more critiques of Dragon2 Apps?

Conveniently, yes. I'm just going to get settled in, make a list of which characters are left to review and get working.