/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Word Bearers a Shit Edition

>THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Jenetia_Krole
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For the best Legion

You stink!

Which legion would you want to be apart of, assuming you pass all the tests, trials, and don't fuck off to die in?

The one that never gets deployed into active war zones.

IV, XII, XIV Legion joint operation soon, brothers.

Salamanders or Scars. Cool guys who hammer things and cool guys who throat-sing and go fast.

> Definitely the White Scars.

Where is it shown that the Scorpius rounds for Seekers are now S5 AP2?

I don't see it in any of the main books, the errata, or the red books available in the OP. (The Army List and the Crusade Army Legions)

Does anyone here have experience using the Talons of the Emperor list?
I recently saw the pictures of the black-armoured Custodes and the silver-armoured Sister of Silence and am now giving serious consideration to playing the army.
How should I go about building the army?
Should I focus more on Custodes or Sisters?

White Scars have fun unless you have angst and self-regret.

Wonder why Scars are the least-played Legion, then...

It certainly has nothing to do with the prices of outriders and jetbikes

>Should I focus more on Custodes or Sisters?
Unless you go hard on it the Sisters are limited given the rules. You can only take three units of Sisters for every one HQ unit of Sisters you take, and you have to have at least one Sisters HQ to take anything else. On the bright side they are really cheap compared to Custodes, but you get what you pay for.

Also, they don't really have anything but infantry and an (admittedly really cool) assault transport, and the model for the transport might not come out for a while since it looked like it was still in the CAD process at the weekender. If you want any support you gotta take Custodes for that, and you're going to want to because their vehicles are all really good.

One silly thing you could do with Sisters is to just take them as your Compulsory HQ to free up a lot of points for the rest of your bananas, but I'm not sure I'd do that. The Shield-Captain is the most powerful unit in the entire list so you may as well just take him.

Beyond that there's actually a lot of ways to build a Custodes army, so honestly just read through the list a couple times and then start playing around with ideas using battlescribe and see if something inspires you. You can do deep strike spam, MSU tank spam, take a Tribune and infiltrate three units by picking the warlord trait for that, do a shooty JSJ list with jetbikes, etc. There's a surprising amount of flexibility in the list given how few units there are since every unit Custodes have is actually pretty good.

or that they're still two books away from having units and characters and scenarios, and will be the absolute dead last faction to get anything in 30k by the look of things.

The rules they DO have are quite good already, though. Lack of characters never stopped people making 1kSons armies before Inferno.

True. It's probably mostly the price of the bits and the fact that painting an all-white army is a bitch. If there was more of a tournament/competitive scene for 30k I bet there would be more White Scars lists, though. Scoring jetbikes and outriders are really, really good.

A thing about the EC. Their Observed Strategic Tendencies entry in Betrayal reads: Combined Arms Warfare, the use of Complex Manouvre and Discursive Tactical Planning, Asymmetrical Assault. Basically it's supposed to describe their doctrinal specialty. Thing is, it mostly just sounds generic. Combined arms warfare and asymmetrical warfare, that's stuff all Legions do in some sense. And I'm not even sure what "Complex Manouvre and Discursive Tactical Planning" is supposed to mean. It just gives me a mental image of them jerking off to each other doing ludicrously choreographed backflips and somersaults.

How'd I do? My first Z order and frankly I think I may have gone overboard.

>It just gives me a mental image of them jerking off to each other doing ludicrously choreographed backflips and somersaults.
I mean, you're not far off...

Thank you for the in-depth feedback and help. You've given me plenty to think about. Now I need to figure out how to get my hands on the limited edition Custodes model for less than a second mortgage.

While I'm here, I have a quick question about the Sisters' cadre rules. It looks to me like the special rule you get to choose applies to every sister in the army, not just the cadre. That is, you can't choose a different rule for each cadre.
Is that correct?

>Only $144
>A bunch of bases and accessories
>Overboard

Wat.
Come back when you order 20 each of your legion's unique units, multiple dreadnoughts, and a vehicle.
It'll still come out to less than a fifth of the FW stuff.

I just don't have the balls to play with it anywhere outside of my friends group

Splain this...

A fellow Night lords player, I see. Very nice.

>That is, you can't choose a different rule for each cadre.
>Is that correct?
Yeah, that's how I read it. It's similar to how Alpha Legion get to pick one army wide USR for anyone with LA(AL) or how the Secutarii get a bonus for all of their phalanxes if they take an Axiarch. Basically, it gives you some tactical flexibility to decide what rules best suits the game once you see the opponent's list and roll up a scenario.

All-white isn't so bad. White basecoat, black wash, Celestra grey, layer Ulthuan Grey, highlight with Ceramite white. Done.

Good to know, thank you.

So if I might ask, what would be fluffy for the armour on a force meant to be legion old guard, from early-mid crusade rather than the heresy? I had the plan to mostly have Mk II with some Mk III mixed in, but would it make more sense for some younger tacticals(Inducted when it was new and got suits) or veterans (Earned it and wear it with pride)? As well, what heads could I use to achieve the look in the pic? The white scars ones looked similar, and they had the head plumes which could visually tie them to the later look of the legion, but I want opinions.

You know, I keep seeing the smiling primarch meme so often I have trouble recognizing their actual, dour expressions.

To be fair, I have 3 HH boxes, so I'm good for bodies I think. However, I am completely unsure what kind of quality to expect, though I've heard he's been really good recently.

However, I am considering a 20man Ass squad, 15 Night Raptors, and a Kharibdys in the future. However, I really need to start cracking away at what I already have.

Chinaman

Ave Dominus Nox

They're fun as long as you avoid talking about them in the 40k thread. How do you run them? I'm building towards a Terror Assault with podding vets, a Melee Contemptor in a Claw, and some teleporting termies.

One big thing to keep in mind is that a lot of people consider the Custodes Shield-Captain Tribune to be flat-out overpowered since if you take all his toys he can beat most Primarchs in combat despite costing only a little over half their price and taking a compulsory HQ slot instead of a LoW slot. Also, picking your warlord trait is always extremely powerful. Taking one may or may not be touchy in your FLGS depending on how many people there read a lot of internet bickering (or if he just never dies and kills everyone).

As far as I can tell their main weaknesses are a complete and total lack of anti-air, and a rather limited way to deal with infantry hordes. They don't have any barrage or blast without taking a Knight or allies, and their access to template weapons is a little limited as all the units that have them are rather expensive (or use up slots you don't want them in, like the flamer Sisters being heavy support). Allies can generally fix one of these problems but not both at the same time without costing more points than you'd want to spend on allies.

One (exactly 500 point) allied detachment that I think would complement them very well would be to take a Siege Breaker, a tactical squad and a unit of three quad mortars with phosphex, and then just bubble wrap the mortars with the tac squad. Specific legion doesn't matter a whole lot, but Iron Hands makes them more durable against shooting, or you could do Raven Guard to infiltrate the tactical squad as spotters instead of bubble wrap. Phosphex mortars are also a bit crazy though so unless there's someone in your meta with a really mean Inductii list I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.

Just about any combination of armour marks can be fluffy, except for things like traitors using mkVII.
Which legion are you playing, btw? Luna Wolves, judging by your picture?

You can always make the army actually be from the Crusade era, and the fallback excuse for wonky timing (warp shenanigans) always works.

Their specialty is some poorly conceived excellence. They assimilate all specialty doctrines of other Legions, and refine them. Their command structure has elements from all other Legion hierarchies. When they see some other Legion perform well in a certain aspect of warfare, they will start doing it better. They also have some of the best duelists of all Legions. They favor perfect, complex, and effective plans over other sorts of plans (I'm not sure what perfect means in this context). They pride themselves at excelling at everything.

Honestly, I think McNeill just didn't know how to pick a good niche.

I haven't finished the army or had a chance to play, but I'm going for a mostly jump pack army.

Yes, Luna Wolves. Unless I go Mechanicum, it's an increasingly hard decision as time goes on.
I could have them just be from the crusade, in fact I probably will if I get the army made. As a teen who got his first job to pay for stuff like this, I want it to be good. Which means I need to actually practice my painting on all the Empire models i have.
And how might I make things like Reavers and Justaerins work with the theme? They seem like they might look out of place.

I want to do that, too, but I don't have the ass Marines for it. If I wasn't already drowning in dudes on foot, I think I'd go heavy on the ass Marines in like a DAV with Termie Support. Still not sold on Night Raptors yet because of their points, but damn it I do like them.

At least I can do it in 40k with Raptor troops.

For $144 you can do a full 1000 point ZM force. Looks like you fucked up.

Word of warning: white armour is a whore to paint.

What if I have 90 bodies to build as well as 15 terminators and 2 contemptors already?

Still fucked up buying piddly accessories from a recaster.

Iron Warriors, Can't have a bad day when you have such a bad ass battle cry.

>crusade army legions

every time

XIX, as a techmarine if at all possible. Glorious primarch-level permission to make shit better using anything from the mechanicum and kiavahr.

I paid $8 for a $54 upgrade kit. I think I did alright there, and the rest was at least half off.

Then why the fuck are asking "How'd I do?"

Are you seriously that pathetic you're fishing for compliments from Veeky Forums?

Z is the shittiest tier recaster out there. Do better next time.

Compliments? No. I wasn't sure if I should have ordered as much as I did because it was my first time.

Yes, you spent too much money on stupid shit from a recaster.

What model would be a good representative for Rad missile servitor? I can't find one i. FW webstore.

I'm currently waiting on some test stuff from MI and LF, actually. Z had some particulars for a particularly low price.

use servo-squids and call it an internal carapace weapon, it's what I've seen pretty much everyone else do, since they look so much better than the old shitty servitors. if you want to model one get some BaC missile launchers and stick them onto the multi-melta finecast servitor bodies. (or use GSC bodies in the mining suits with a headswap.)

>them jerking off to each other doing ludicrously choreographed backflips and somersaults
That was probably more or less what it was.

Daily Lorgar Did Nothing Wrong Post #2

L O R G A R D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G

Did any primarch ever actually get laid? You'd figure they'd have some bastards running around if that was the case.

People keep saying Sanguinius had a wife in older fluff. Never could find it however.

I doubt any of the primarchs were enamored with mortals enough to sleep with them

They're all basically autist multi-savants. able to appreciate beauty in the abstract sense, but too literal/logical to really enjoy a moment. Must kind of suck actually.

Does it count if Fulgrim was sodomized with a metal rod? Other than that, I think the closest thing to sexual or romantic attraction expressed by any HH-era marine, would most likely be Loken's emotionally charged staring contest with the Remembrancer girl.

How would you suggest I kit out contemptor dreadnoughts if my compulsory troops are terminators and I have a low model count?
Should I use the cortus if that's the case?

Huh. I thought it was established that Silent Sister mouth pieces were bolted into their jaws. Retcon maybe?

I'm okay with it, if so. The whole bolt-in thing felt kinda dumb.

Same as always, figure out what job they need to do, kit them to do that job.

Are they serving as anti-armor? if yes contemptor mortis it up with kheres/autos/lascannons. Anti-infantry? generally beatstick cortus does that best. Anti-heavy infantry? grab a pair of plasma cannons or plasma blaster fists.

cortus should always be melee or multirole, the contemptor is superior as a gun platform if you need many, contempto mortis is best if you only need one because of weapon cost reductions.

>Did any primarch ever actually get laid?

You should just assume all the Primarchs fucked something before going Astartes. All of them were great conquerors, statesmen, and/or warriors.

40k urban legend by this point.

>I thought it was established that Silent Sister

The only thing that was established about them is that they love top-knots, hunt down psykers and are silent. Before Inferno there was almost no fluff for them, where did you get that they got their shit bolted on their faces?

I think Curze may have actually been too autistic for fucking.

Its hard to specialize a Legion whose greatest strength maximum autism is also the cause of its greatest flaw. I mean, not once did the Ultramarines ever get asspained over not being considered the best. They strove to adopt the best tactics and technologies and prove themselves as one of the best Legions to contribute.

But EC just wanted to be the best. The very best. They set themselves up for a fall. At least EC loyalists specialized by wanting to be the best at cooking dirty heretics in their party wagons.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Jenetia_Krole
>The silver mouthpiece that concealed her face was surgically bonded to her jaw.

Doesn't give a specific source, but I'm going to guess Prospero Burns since I remember another user claiming that before Master of Mankind release.

Curze pryed the dark alleyways. He probably had a go at a whore house, once upon a time. He certainly acquired a taste for pleasures of the flesh, since he literally constructed his gigantic doom fortress out of naked still wreathing bodies stitched together moaning in pain and agony.

That doesn't really matter if they have no interest in sex in the first place. And even if they did, assuming their dicks are proportional with the rest of their bodies, I doubt they'd be able to do much. Unless they have gorilla dicks, that is.

But I doubt the Primarchs had any interest in sex, like what said.

>But I doubt the Primarchs had any interest in sex

You're just making them more inhuman than they already are. The truth of the matter is whether or not they bore children is inconsequential, much like the rest of the Astartes since its inception, because they eventually outlive their children or their children just don't fucking matter.

Not even any of the Emperor's natural born children mattered in the context of the current setting. And no one disputes that the Emperor fucked.

How should I kit out melee tarts for my Night Lords? I'm thinking a Glaive Sgt, 3 sets of Claws, and a Hammer/Fist/CF for then first five, then maybe 4 claws and a Hammer/Fist/CF added on if I go to 10.

Whatever looks cool. You're playing Night Lords, after all.

drop one set of claws, get another fist, you wont need it if the sarge has a glaive already

>not once did the Ultramarines ever get asspained over not being considered the best
Because they were.

So, go 1 Glaive, 2 Claws, fist, and hammer? Then go 3/2 claw fist? Sounds simple enough. Should I bother with axes?

I am legitimately considering starting a 30k Ultramarines army instead of an IW army as I initially intended because the Guilliman and Invictarus Suzerain models are so nice. Is there something wrong with me?

No, 30k UM are legitimately interesting and have a unique playstyle plus blue + gold is patrician

Jesus Christ, how many times will Guilliman be completely at someone's mercy but survive because they decide to monologue instead of kill him?

Death Guard receive some actual character and depth when?

Nah. 30K UMs are generally considered to be a lot less boring than their spotlight-hogging 40K counterparts.

>Is there something wrong with me?

nope
it just shows you're one of the finest mankind has to offer

30k ultras are actually fun and interesting, with good personality. and aside from painting marble being hell the gulliman model is one of the better FW primarch sculpts.

why not do both? just get a very small allied IW detachment with only the units you really like

anyone have tips on not falling into the deathstar trap?
having a hard as fuck time building a list for my iron hands, definitely want to have 3 predator executioners but outside of that i dont have any particular needs

One of the things that drew me to the Ultras and Guilliman in 30k aside from the sculpts is the lore about Imperium Secundus. I really like seeing Guilliman portrayed in a shade of gray rather than being everyone's golden boy as he's made out to be in 40k. I personally think Imperium Secundus was some underhanded empire-building and it makes Guilliman a better character for having a flawed side to him.

Although there is not much going for it canonically now, I like the conspiracy that Guilliman created the codex astartes in order to undermine the other legions command structure, weakening them so that he could get away with pulling off a proper coup and usurping control of the entire Imperium at large.

I think it's more interesting that simply anyway.

Not the same guy, but similar question. How the hell do I wreck that bloody Spartan?

Plus erasing that goddamn Primarch coming out with shitton of 2+ 2W fuckers before it gets close.

medusa cannons, kraken penetrator missiles, or graviton guns/cannons

Take care of your list in roughly this order, depending on local meta:

>minimum force org slots
>scoring stuff
>anti-tank
>anti-deathstar
>anti-air
>anti-MC
>list gimmicks (reserve manipulation, etc)
>anti-psyker (less relevant in 30k)

Then rework those things so your list functions as a cohesive whole in the playstyle you want and so each element is independently useful while being capable of supporting other elements.

Note that anti-deathstar can often be rolled into anti-tank. If that Spartan gets slagged early game and you're deploying on short table edges, you can avoid the deathstar entirely.

Ultramarines is the obvious best choice

Wouldn't have worked in retrospect, as the Dark Angels and their successor chapters all still operate under the command of a single council (essentially making them still legion strength). As Malcador had hoped in the time of Imperium Secundus, the Lion (or rather his sons) would be there to stop a potential Guilliman coup attempt.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnng
I need to buy 60 shields for my grey slayers, and want to use Wulfen shields but it's fucking expensive.
Anyone know of a source for round shields with hands already molded on?

Vultarax, Grav spam (both haywire)
Armorbane Stuff (Kraken penetrators, ordinator weapons)

Part of a deathstar meta is the spartan being hard to crack, but lists facing something with the tools to open one quickly don't need to answer with thier own.

I guess I got lucky playing RG, as legions go it generally wants to be doing the exact opposite of deathstars and hedging closer to MSU, so once I solved the spartan-cracking problem generally things go pretty well.

The best way for other legions I find to not fall into the deathstar trap is realize that a simple tactical squad can often be just as effective a bodyguard for your primarch as anything else, and cover can in many cases be better protection than AV (30k does not have much in the way of stuff that ignores area terrain)

If you use the ones without Chaos stars on them, Chaos Marauder shields might work.
I can't actually remember if they have hands on though.

sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but do we have any real idea of how many troops the traitor legions lost at isstvan 5?

They've got the arm up to the elbow attached

Progress report time /hhg/

I have persevered, 41 marines and terminators later I have beaten the magnet tyrant and overthrown it for glorious wysiwyg.

Pic is blurry because tablet camera is all I had handy, phone currently needs screen replacement.

Box int he front is all the weapons, the stormtroopers on the side will be doing work as adsec thralls, the enginseer as techpriest auxilia once I can find some simple green. (dish detergent and a wire brush just isn't as effective)

I can now march for the XIX once suitable priming weather decides to show itself!

more stuff in the mail to come, but not for at least a few weeks.

I hate mobile posting sometimes.

actual pic.

>progress report

I have 2/90 Marines done!

Bonus closeups of the praevian and techmarine conversions I've done using an old techmarine body, and a new one I nicked the servoharness off for the Binalt forge lord conversion.

Suggestions for ways to spruce either one up a little welcome, I've been scratching my head a bit looking for ways to improve either.