Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Are Harlequins Just Eldar Juggalos edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=RYn5sCOJ3vQ

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

I don't really know why this is relevant to 40k, but somehow it feels like it. Maybe it's because I'm waiting for Cypher leaks, and that eddie guy's Fallen army was in the spotlight and he chose arthurian names for his dudes.

Anyway, I'm watching Excalibur for the first time, and everyone just has like, the shiniest fucking armor. Makes me want to learn to paint chrome.

Best line so far, "Talk is for lovers, Merlin! I need a sword!"

And now Excalibur is in some rock, and no one can get the shit out for DECADES, and I'm thinking.... People in the dark ages build castles from stone. Was there not some fucking stone mason they call up to apply hammer and chisel?

Magic Stone.

>Aeldari

G Has Come To.

>laughing cat.jpg

previous thread

What army would each Primarch play? I'll start off with a topical one.

>Tau

What's the best heavy weapon to put on havocs? Autocannons is what I've heard, but i'd like more opinions.

It was a supermagnet, or some shit like the island in Lost

Pert would play guard, lots of pie plates

>precision strikes
We seem to be seeing more and more characters with this rule.

Missiles are never a wrong choice

Fuckin r8

Autocannons or lascannons, or special weapons, mainly plasma

>Missiles are never a wrong choice
They are when ACs are 5pts cheaper and more effective in far more scenarios.

>Lascanons
>25ppm

Missiles with flakk are reliable AA, but they're overcosted, and they don't do anti tank very well or anti infantry well at all.

Naw it's a magic sword. The rock is just a bloody rock, innit? But that aside, did anyone even try breaking the rock instead of trying to pull the shit out?

8/8

>20 ppm
They cost the exact same as any other non twin-linked lascannon for other CSM units, try again.

0/10 no Guilliman.

Can't be a normal rock, or someone would have done that.

Lady of the Lake is the better story.

Simple first draft for an army I am trying to get to work. Main thing I want to achieve with it is actually getting some use out of a full sized footslogging Crusader squad, like back in the days.

Should I stick to Castellans for the potential respawn and the Priest's Hymn and Zealot or is it too much tax and I'd be better off just using a basic CAD and possibly even use a second squad of that size?

20, my bad

They're still twice as expensive as Autocannons and half as effective against most targets, and meltas exist for everything else.

Nobody used a fuckin sword on gordian's knot until Alexander came along.

S8 ap3 will id most troops without an armor save and can atleast threaten av 14 and they are only a few points more.

Am I the only one actually excited for a 40k game that has large armies again that doesn't have pasty 2004 textures

>tfw can't make Bloodletter horde with all the things I want at 1500
Well, I actually could if I took no upgrades at all, but that bothers me. Instruments and Banners seem too useful, and giving the Herald upgrades is important. Plus Daecurion allows capping objectives without capping objectives. And so much other nice bonuses.

Why has nobody made a big graphics remaster for that by now but half a million different total conversion mods?

Having some watery tart toss a scimitar at you is no way to chose a system of government

Look like there're also half a billion HD texture mod for DoW already.

Are Transuranic Arquebi ever worth it? They seem to be alright when using them in a Ranger Warlord squad, at least when using 2 and not the full 3, with an Omnispex.

1850/2000 is still king in most places so you should be fine

gotta be honest, the upgrades on squads aren't that helpful (i use daemonettes but same principle) and i'd rather be spending points on other stuff. if you were going to deep strike they're worth it otherwise i would pass

Why tac squad with ML and Scouts with snipers? Devastators or another Vindi would do you better.

The biggest issue you're going to have is getting the footsloggers into combat. I think you probably know that, but it bears repeating since right now you have nothing to mitigate that. At 850 points you might only play on a 4'x4' so it might not be too bad, but still.

You may even be better off doing 10 man Crusaders with 5 Initiates + 5 Neophytes (or 10 Initiates if you have points). Stick each 10 man squad in a pod, copy paste a few times with a Command Squad + EC + optional characters in their own pod.

If you can squeeze a Vindicator in as a suitable distraction carnifex, you could get a T2 charge.

Who would win, Guilliman or like 4 Abbadons?

~~Ditka~~

Gulliman but he would break a sweat thus Abbadon would win long term with that Nurgle taint.

Is 40k like sos in that I'm charged in points for what I plan on summoning?

Pic related for an example of what I mean.

Currently no, it's not. Unless its been faqd. Which is why summoning is bullshit.

No, you get free shit here.

Hella situational, but they can pop transports and low av pretty well. Don't even bother if they're 13 or 14.

So if I'm already using an incursion with a tallyband, 5 fires and something big, what else should I add? I like slaanesh stuff, but idk if daemonettes are ACTUALLY better than bloodletters, or if user was being sarcastic

Furies*
Not fires

Does Rupert Googlyman get an additional attack for two melee weapons? I'm thinking no.

Are chaos drop pod assualt lists viable? I threw together a fun looking 3k point list but I'm curious if it's actually worth buying all the FW stuff for.

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) v2014) (3000pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

····Force Options (Supplement options here) [Emperor's Children]

+ HQ (495pts) +

····Daemon Prince (330pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Intoxicating Elixer, Mastery Level 3, Power Armour, Slaanesh, Spell familiar, Warlord, Wings]

····Sorcerer (165pts) [2x Additional Mastery Level, Bolt Pistol, Force Stave, Mark of Slaanesh, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar, Veterans of the Long War]

+ Elites (580pts) +

····[FW] Emperors Children Sonic Dreadnought (290pts) [[FW] Chaos Dreadclaw Drop Pod, Blastmaster, Chainfist with inbuilt storm bolter, Warp Amp] x2

+ Troops (1050pts) +

····Chaos Space Marines (220pts) [[FW] Chaos Dreadclaw Drop Pod, 4x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Mark of Slaanesh, Meltagun, Veterans of the Long War] x3
······Aspiring Champion [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Power Fist] x3

····Chaos Space Marines (195pts) [[FW] Chaos Dreadclaw Drop Pod, 4x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Mark of Slaanesh, Meltagun, Veterans of the Long War] x2
······Aspiring Champion [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Close Combat Weapon] x2

+ Fast Attack (630pts) +

····[FW] Chaos Storm Eagle (300pts) [Daemonic possession, Dirge Caster, Twin Linked Multi Melta, Two Twin Linked lascannon]

····[FW] Hell Blade (135pts) [Daemonic Possession, Two Helstorm Autocannons]

····[FW] Hell Talon (195pts) [4x Baletalon Shatter Charge, Daemonic Possession, Helstorm Autocannon, 4x Pyrax Incindiary bomb]

+ Heavy Support (245pts) +

····[FW] Chaos Fire Raptor Gunship (245pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Daemonic Possession, Four Wing mounted Hellstrike missiles, Reaper Autocannon Batteries]

>daemonettes; i5, 2 attacks, rending, fleet, exalted loci gives reroll failed hits every turn, special banner gives -d3 ws to enemy
>bloodletters; s4(5), exalted loci gives hatred, special banner makes assault roll 6+d6

no, they count as 1 weapon

Castellans needs 4 Troop choices and at least 2 factions, hence the extra squads and what I meant with the tax. Benefit is having a 30% chance to respawn all Troop choices and Hatred on everything.

Table's a 48x48 and the store has an arbitrary "no unique characters" rule for some obscure reason.

Pic related would probably be the closest I could do to your suggestion. When the fuck will we finally be able to charge out of Rhinos, holy shit.

Around the same time I'll be able to charge out of a Venom that happened to move more than 6 inches.

Respawn is ok but doesn't help if you're trapped in reserves. If you get it at all, that is.

Hatred is nice, but again--getting into combat is hard! At such low points, ya the tax isn't worth it for Castellans.

>no unique characters

That's stupid. Tell the manager that a guy on the internet called him stupid.

you can already charge out of rhinos if you forge the narrative, according to GW livestreams :^)

Sooooo I'm new, you're just gonna have to drop the answer on me

At least Bloodletters get AP3.

>tfw no Khornate feels reaction pic

I wish they'd just do a (Templars) Formation that allows Crusader squads in some capacity and gives as Formation benefits of giving every Rhino and Razorback Assault Vehicle as a rule and either Hatred, Furious Charge, charge re-rolls or something based on their Chapter Tactics that gives another buff if somebody died (like +1 S or +1 WS).

There's so much shit that could easily be done to help Crusader squads out without breaking them, yet GW hates them to no end.

I'd actually like a rule that adds something like 1d3 to your charge distance for every casualty suffered during Overwatch or something along those lines.
Not just for Black Templars, but as a general keyword, as Orks could also really need something like that. Unless it already exists and I'm just dumb.

So, I used to play back in 4th edition, and I played Lamenters; what book do you run those out of nowadays, if I'm looking to get back into 40k?

Daemonettes are far better unless you're facing massed 3+ saves, and even then, Daemonettes have Rending, which means they can ignore 2+ and autowound if they're lucky, have 2A which means they can get 3 attacks on the charge, they're I5, which means that against I4 or less they'll always strike first. Their banner lowers enemy weapon skill, making it easier for you to hit them and harder for them to hit you.

Bloodletters have AP3, are only S5 when they charge, only gain extra attacks through a Herald's locus, and their special banner makes their charge a 6+D6, rather than 2D6.

Either C:SM or C:BA, Depending on if you want to play them as cured of the red thirst/black rage or still afflicted.

Chaos drop pods can mishap. Also, there isn't much fire power in those marine squads to really be scary when they jump out of the pods. The 20-man pod has the drop pod rule that prevents mishaps though

The Blood Angels codex is all you need, worst chapter. I'll be impressed if you actually painted them well, though.

Wait, what do you mean still afflicted? Did they change the Lamenter's fluff so that they have the thirst and rage still? That doesn't make any sense at all!

I wish the second-or-tied-for-worst chapter at least had their own codex.

The Lamenter's developed the Black Rage soon after it was believed they hadn't had it. They've always had the Red Thirst tho.

BT get nothing. Be glad you're mentioned. Besides, I was talking about the Lamenters, not the Blood Angels.

>be glad you're mentioned
This suffering is unbearable.

The good thing about them is that they don't have to land where they need to be since they're fliers. You can just turbo boost where you want, jink, and dump your load the following turn.

That'd be cool. Possibly give one to every army that's a bit different.

Orks: +1d3 Distnace
Dark Eldar/CWE/Quins: +1 attack
Nids: +1 Toughness
Marines/Chaos Marines: +1 Strength
Tau: >Charging with Tau, fuck it, re-roll failed to-hit rolls
Daemons: +1 to Invuln Save
Guard/Sisters/Other Imperium armies: +1 WS
Necrons: +1 Initiative

Am I forgetting someone? (All flavors of marines fall into the Marine category.)

You Emperor worshipping Astartes are looked at as utter weirdos by literally every other chapter. This is canon. You are mocked even by the Iron Warriors for worshipping the Emperor.

rending means you can hurt anything but av 13 and daemonettes can beat bloodletters in a fight. they're also 10 points cheaper.

true, but daemonettes are sexier

If Guilliman gets disarm he becomes useless?

Shut up you.

I just want my unending legions of Khorne.

>tfw didn't even know Daemonettes are cheaper
I become sadder each day I learn new things.

no, he is still S6 ap 2 (from smash) with 6 attacks.

Kek plz gib fallen info

Yea, I try to keep my eye out, too, but I really need to stop buying shit and just build what I have. Sadly, Rhinos might be a needed exception, and k night as well get the armored assault because it's so cheap.

Ugh

They can't get up

user, I feel like we've had this discussion at least 3 times already. You never told me your army so that I can mock you back.

And if the mutated furfag monster weirdos are a-ok to get a codex then a bunch of religious lunatics should also be allowed at least some time in the spotlight instead of just the wuick flicker with a flashlight that Fall of Cadia was.

For real though, a Space Marine praying to the Emperor as a god is completely identical to if we prayed to our grandpa and acted like he was our god. Because he actually is their collective grandfather. As much mad respect I have for my grandpa, I'm not going to call him a god.

still a monstrous creature

if you want khorne, then go for it. you can use daemonkind as well to get bonuses for kills or dying

i got karanak, 5 bloodcrushers with about 2 generation, and 10 bloodletters that are at least 3 generations

There are cultures who have though.

But user, why should you get a codex? Those marines are special! They have mutant furries! You only have zealotry. Nothing really special, I'm afraid.

I take it you include AdMech in the other Imperium armies?

I like you

>tfw I didn't get to know my grandpa on either side of the family because they were both long dead before I was even a spark in my parent's eyes

>+1S CSM
>Khornate Marines are now S6 on the charge
I liek dis

Maybe you would if he defied the gods of chaos and built a fucking galaxtic empire in the most hostile fucking galaxy known to harbor life

>tfw yesterday was the first anniversary of my grandpa's death and him always getting me so many different toys as a kid played a huge part in keeping me interested in plastic soldiers and similar things even as an adult

My grandfather died in a drunken barfight when he was thirty. Took the other son of a bitch with him though. Damn I love being a poor Irish American .

>implying literally everything the Ecclisiarchy stands for wasn't written by Lorgar
>the one who found The Primordial Truth
>the one the Emperor punished for worshipping him as a god
>the one whom the Emperor ordered his crown city that glorified the Emperor destroyed
The Emperor would hate the BT, the Ecclisiarchy, and all that it stands for.

Why is it that this site uses 70 points and not 85 points for assault marines like it says in the book

any way does anybody have advice

>tfw grandpa taught me how to haggle when we'd go garage sale hunting
Man, I could stretch $10 into like 5 or 6 toys afterwards. I gotta go see him soon

Ouch, bro.

The only grandma I got to know (aka visit like 5 times...and the other grandma died when I was like 2 months old, so I don't remember.) died on the day before my 7th birthday. So we loved going down to Laredo, having the viewing that night, burying her on the morning of my birthday and then having my depressing ass birthday party at Peter Piper's Pizza right after...I didn't even cry. I was too busy making the observation that my uncle's sad face looked like a burnt chicken nugget. Like I understand how depressing it must've been now, but I was 6/7 at the time...The funeral I did cry at was my other uncle's. They were lowering him into the ground with a 21 gun salute and Taps since he was in the Korean war. That trumpet fucking broke me, holy shit.

>mutant furries are special enough
>guys with a period are special enough
>guys that are pretty good at lying are special enough
>overzealous numbnuts that ignore most official astrates rules fall perfectly in line with all remaining first founding chapters

Because listbuilder is awful. Use Battlescribe.

Bruh, the Emperor is LITERALLY the grandpa to every space marine in existence. Because of their gene-mods, they are all biological related to the emperor and their own primarch. Do you worship your own grandpa? That would be pretty fucking weird if you did.

Dorn hated Sigismund and the Black Templars, user. They were his greatest mistakes.

>tfw Sigismund actually listened to a witch because he decided that dieing in battle wasn't for him, which resulted in one of Dorn's favored and oldest sons to die in his stead.
And that's a censuring.

Plenty of people that do around the world.

Who the fuck does? ::Citation Needed::

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE NEW FALLEN RULES

Don't have the codex at hand or downloaded but my guess is that it doesn't include the (probably compulsory ?) Jump packs while the book does.

>current BattleScribe
>any better than listbuilder
They're both equally shit.

>No Khornate reaction pic

But my grandpa isn't the leader of a galaxy-spanning empire who is so psychically powerful he stands as a bulwark protecting humanity from the powers of the immaterium.

>They're both equally shit.
"no"