thewinternet.com/games/kult/kultrulesccg.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game
hackandslashgames.com/our-games/ophidian/ophidian-2360-survival-of-the-fittest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4e

Cyberpunk 2020

good joke
would laugh again

It's not a card game, but I own so much fucking Monsterpocalypse stuff. Almost all the monsters and maps and a pretty hefty amount of the basic units. Fuck Privateer Press for dropping such a fun game. It shouldn't have ever been blind booster except for maybe the unit packs. Now they're just going to milk Warmahordes until it manages to die off

>It's not a card game, but I own so much fucking Monsterpocalypse stuff.

Post pics

Like the new CD Project Red Cyberpunk game?

The recent remake of the Dbz tcg by panini. Super fun game but the japanese licensees withdrew rights to make their own ccg

Post pics

I played back when Score was doing it. I think I still have my decks around. Goku Saiyn Beatdown, Evil Buu Orange Gambit, and Krillin Blue Allies. There was a lot of stuff that centralized that meta, pic related was in about every deck.

I would but it's all in boxes packed away in a closet and I'm not digging all that shit out at 12:30 at night

Wait, that new DBZ game already got scrapped? That fucking blows. The scene blew up around here. Tons of people were playing it. I guess I was wondering why I hadn't seen anyone playing it in awhile. I just figured they had changed their weekly game night to some other day of the week

> all in boxes packed away in a closet

Like all the best dead games.

>I played back when Score was doing it

Score!

Remember when Fleer tried to release a CCG?

>Monpoc
The pain user. Kaiju fightan time was a great idea and PP fucked it all up for a movie that will probably blow. Still got some G.U.A.R.D kicking around.

> Now they're just going to milk Warmahordes until it manages to die off
This hurts even more. They axed the faction forums and now they're asking us to playtest because I guess that's hard. We're talking 12 point ten man weaponmasters with tough that RFP and ignore tough. You can take 30 easy.

>Fleer
That activates an old, dusty almond I can't put my finger on. I vaguely remember another company who tried to start over at Saiyn Saga, and the community decided that sucked dick. Here's another staple, this thread brings me joy.

>like all the best dead games

No sense keeping it out cluttering up a shelf when it's not going to see the game table any time soon. I'd love to have all of it out but there's literally no one to play with. I've got some buddies that are big kaiju fans and tabletop gamers but it's hard getting someone motivated to learn a game that isn't going anywhere

It sucks that we are never getting the combining kaijus for the secondary faction. That massive jellyfish looked awesome

FLEER KILLS OPHIDIAN 2350 EXPANSION

Posted by ICv2 on February 4, 2004 @ 11:00 pm CT

Fleer/Skybox International has announced that '...based on current market conditions,' it is canceling its Rise of Champions booster for the Ophidian 2350 CCG. In making the announcement, Fleer Senior VP Sales and Marketing Lloyd Pawlak noted Fleer's inability to get retailer support as the determining factor in ending new release support for the game. 'The strong core support of our players and volunteers and the only 5 star gameplay rating for CCGs in Scrye this year... was not enough to convince more retailers to carry and support the game,' he said.

Fleer Director of Gaming Initiatives David Chase told ICv2 that not all support for the game is ending. 'We are still soliciting sales for Ophidian 2350,' he said. 'Ophidian still runs Organized Play along with supporting various conventions with product and tournament support.'

icv2.com/articles/games/view/4218/fleer-kills-ophidian-2350-expansion

> Sports card company has no patience for artists and game designers

I played that tcg too. Coincidentally, I was going through my collection of old cards just a few days ago and found this gem. Note the year.

2001 on the price tag

$6 USD

Interesting!

How many Dragon Ball (Z) card games exist?

It was undoubtedly overpriced. I don't even know why I bought it, I didn't even like Gohan.

As far as how many DB(Z) related card games exist, as far as I know, it's only two. I have stacks of unrelated DBZ cards though. They range anywhere from baseball-esque to cheap MTG knockoffs. They really outdid themselves in riding the Toonami craze during the late 90s until the early 2000s. I assume many of these are not officially licensed.

I instinctively looked for the date on the card (2000) instead of the pricetag. Frieza saga Gohan. The power creep was unreal, but strangely fitting.

The only Official games were score and Panini. Score also made the GT game. For a short time tournaments allows you to mix the sets as long as you had opaque sleeves. You could do insane shit like throw out an energy attack for 18, shut off physical attacks for the turn, and pay nothing as one action. The banlist was weird too, I'll post some. This must look like nonsense the MTG guys.

Tell us more

Well, I own only digital version but Shadow Era is dead and it's sad IMO. Really like this game but Wulven has no idea how to jump into physical cards market. Shipping is killing it for 2nd world countries

Oh man, you don't even know. Remember when they released objectively broken cell saga goku in sayian armor with that fucking toy thing and it was like $30? I remember those days, and SSJ2 Gohan being all mystical with it's weird awkward golden haired scooter action figure.

I was a big fan of MLB Showdown. I thought the rolling mechanic, the strategy cards and the point system worked well to make a great feeling and pretty decently balanced game. Then the Magic neckbeards came and ruined everything.

Anyone else play Rage: The Apocalypse? Simultaneously the most broken but also FUN ccg.

I remember finding this is a hole in a wall shop. Shit was crazy but really fun.

Best system ever.

How does it feel to know that your game is dead, but the bible card game is still going strong after twenty years?

...I just want to play 7th Sea, honestly.

>How does it feel to know that your game is dead, but the bible card game is still going strong after twenty years?
>
>...I just want to play 7th Sea, honestly.

Had my parents bought me Magic Gathering cards in 1996 instead of Redemption playing card game ... I might have retired and bought a home by now.

>Then the Magic neckbeards came and ruined everything.

I'm quite interested to know what happened since WotC's track record outside of Magic isn't exactly what I call stellar

Pokemon: Nintendo took the license back because of WotC's attempt to push players into Magic and Harry Potter
Harry Potter: LEL
MLB Showdown: Dead after a few years
Duel Masters: Died twice outside of Asia
Star Wars: Angered fans of the Decipher CCG, eventually died too IIRC

Her name was thunderstone Veeky Forums. They even made a thunderstone 2 (called it advance). It was kind of like dominion with a dungeon. Played it was some distant friends, loved it, bought the starter kit, couldnt get my closer friends in to it.

Then they stopped publishing sets and theyre all expensive instead of dirt cheap.

YoKai Watch Trading Card Game

From Level5 and Hasbro Gaming

Dead on arrival?

Considering that it isn't based on either Japanese card games, it is already dead before arrival

I sure wish Cryptozoic doesn't kill this game
I've already bought too much

They killed. Fuck Blizzard.

yo never thought I would see the day when some saild this.

The art assets at least live on in barkstone

>
>The art assets at least live on in barkstone

Can someone explain Hearthstone?

Are there physical cards? Booster packs?

huh? no hearthstone is digital only.

Nope, it is a digital card game that replaced the physical World of Warcraft TCG in 2013/4

4e is my guilty pleasure game.

Does anyone remember tsr's card game, spellfire?

Has anyone heard of, let alone played spellfire, the TSR AD&D TCG? I came across it while doing other research, and was wondering if there are still people that remembered it.

>
>yo never thought I would see the day when some saild this.

I never played Cyberpunk 2020

I collect the cards for the art

CD Project Red owns right to license so the cards may surge in popularity

Yeah, right above you. I loved spellfire. I had a really kick ass giants deck. It's a shame it will never ever come back.

never.played too but the art is too notch. I can only.hope so.

>tfw still play 7th Sea with my friends sometimes.

My playset is almost done, feels good man.

>
>never.played too but the art is too notch. I can only.hope so.

I never collected original Netrunner cards and rarely see them for sale.

Cyberpunk 2020 was a cheaper alternative with similar theme.

FFG Android Netrunner seems to have staying power.

UFS, Arkham Horror, Eldritch Horror, Game of Thrones LCG, Call of Cthulhu LCG, Carcassonne, Necromunda... the list goes on. It's really hard to convince my group to stay with anything for long.

Damnit, didn't read the card game part. Though most of them are card games, so it worked out for the most part.

>kult ccg is long dead
>it was probably the most fun card game I have ever played
>it had the best atmosphere and great horror-themed art

I miss it.

Ah, missed that while messing with editing the post. What the fuck was gameplay like? The wikipidia article made it sound almost like L5R in reverse... Inquiring and lazy minds want to know.

Provide more information. I've never heard of this one and the art kicks ass on that card.

Nahemoth !

You would try to place lands to win. The best lands interacted with the game in some way. Every turn you would put up a champion to battle your opponent for a land. They would put up a champion to defend. Wizards could cast wizard spells, clerics cast cleric spells, events could interact with the battles and some champions had bonuses over others. You had wizards, warriors, heroes, monsters, clerics, and allies to bolster champions.

Gods it's been so long since I played. I can barely remember the game. I should look for my cards.

Well it's a game based on kult role playing game. So you can exepct a lot of gnostic shit going on. not to mention - the game is heavy influenced by western esoterics.

The premise is quite simple - The Demiurge and his antithesis are gone, so their servants - Archons and Angels of Death fight each other in quest of power. As they're immortal super powerful beings they can't directly kill each other. Therefore the goal of the game is to convert the world population into followers of your chosen power.

Anyway, you can find rules and some fluff (introduction) here: thewinternet.com/games/kult/kultrulesccg.html

Not gonna lie, I really enjoyed the WoW TCG

I'd be interested in the history of any/all TCG's other then MtG (since it is already fairly well known).

Optimistic about new Star Trek television as I sort 2nd edition decipher cards

I miss the old WoW TCG. Never actually played the video games but the card came was fun as fuck. Beyond that I wish Battle Spirits wasn't handled in the worst way possible in America. My LCS has a bunch of UFS boosters in the bargain bin, I was always interested in it but never gave it a shot.

just got some battle spirts today, how is the game? ufs was kinda confusing desu

Battle Spirits was handled rather well in Japan and still runs to this day as far as I know. The American release was awful however. Really boring trial decks with mostly awful art and poorly cut/bleached cardstock. The trial decks were supposed to be simple to get people started but they went too far and made it rather uninteresting and shallow. Cool concepts but us Westerners never really saw it blossom.

HEYO

my bro. Black Spirals Forever.

>Redemption
that game...

>my turn to spout shit
as for me, my favorite truly dead CCG is Heresy. the one with Tarot shaped cards. only ran in one run, but the game was pysche as hell.
I liked Rage
I liked Legend of the Burning Sands
I liked Vampire the CCG to an extent

i hated Wyvern. just no.

I wish Dice Masters didn't kill Ashes :/

My local thrift store once had what looked like a brand new box or deck of Vampire TCG cards, I should have grabbed them but it was too late when I went back. On the other hand my LCS had a brand new box of Battletech TCG battlemech recognition cards so that was fucking rad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game

It's actually a lot of fun but no one has heard of it and the ships are so fragile.

A store near me has a bunch of booster pack looking things of this game. I guess it's a random ship or two? Curious idea and I hear a lot of great things about it.

I love that game, play it once in a while. The later sets the masts are less fragile.

each pack is a full game mate get a bunch and play with friends.

Basically a starter set in every pack, ussually they have two ships per pack plus rules an island and a crew card.

Gnarly, I gotta grab me some.

Imajica CCG

Wait a moment,

Imajica novel had a CCG?

Tell me more!

(Also, anyone listen to the band The Birthday Massacre?)

I played, it was fun and broken.

I bought it from a hippy store who obviously didn't know what it was. It was a two deck starter pack but I've never played it.

Recently?

Date on card says 1997.

Did you play? Have you read the novel Imajica?

MONPOC IS SO GOOD.

Stay strong, kaiju warrior.

It's actually not dead. Demoed the new version at Gencon last year.

hackandslashgames.com/our-games/ophidian/ophidian-2360-survival-of-the-fittest/

Weirdly enough, the Maple Story tcg was really good.

It was a programming game. Every card was both a creature/spell/item/etc, and a programming instruction. Each turn, you added a card to your character (aka, your master program), and then you ran your program, executing every command you had the threshold for (each card attached to your character was 10 levels of that class). So if you wanted to play items, you needed to run cards with instructions that put items into play. It was seriously tough to build for, but was both really satisfying to play, and very technical. A combination of the game's complexity for the audience they sought combined with horrible product structure killed it off, but if you find a cheap starter, it might be worth checking out.

It was years ago in Australia, probably 1998-or-1999. I'd read Barker in highschool, probably too young, but I really dug it.
The Books of Blood, the Great & Secret Show, Everville, Imajica, the Thief of Always, Cabal, and the first Aparat.
I've shied away from Weaveworld for meaningless personal reasons.

Ophidian is back!?

Do you play 2360?

But Ashes just recently announced a bunch of new cards, dice, etc.

But there are booster packs!

Well, it had a good run.

I have a starter box for the Babylon 5 CCG somewhere in my graveyard cupboard.

It is dead already? I'm not sure what is the deal with Star Wars and physically dead TCGs

Anyone remember these? I saw them at a flea market once, sealed, and kinda wish I'd never opened/scratched them (I was a dumb kid) regardless of the fact that there's no value in them, they're pretty interesting.

I wonder if something like this could be done as an online TCG these days.

They're kind of hard to find much on, because they're old and used the most generic names possible (Battlecards "Scratch and Slay")

I played during the DBZ+DBGT Score time, and really enjoyed the game. It gets a bad rap.
Played during the DBZ reboot by Panini and enjoyed playing some Namekian Piccolo, played in exactly 1 tournament on the other side of my city before it died.
DBZ Panini had a decent run for what it was, and it should be kept in mind that they did effectively manage to print some kind of homage to most popular classic cards from Score's game. It's almost like they knew when their license was set to expire. /conspiracyhat

This is a beautiful looking game and I badly wanted to play it but there was nobody local.
This plays a lot like Duel Masters meets Magic and it's a shame it wasn't more popular and ultimately mishandled.
I suppose they don't care anyway since there's Hearthstone now after all.

This post is truth. Your list is missing Hecatomb though ;)
Everything wotc does outside of Magic seems to basically be an experiment that doesn't require actually putting Magic itself on the line.
Notice it takes forever for them to make any changes to the game.
It seems instead of making an UNset for MTG ever again they go ahead and make an entire UNgame. Hecatomb for instance has disgusting art, is M rated, has cards with five sides and made of plastic. A whole bunch of shit that would be too fucked up for regular Magic, but I'm pretty sure it's where Magic got 'exile' from.

If anyone gives a shit, I'd appreciate people sharing their stories and experiences, if any, with the following games:

>Pokemon (From base set 1 till after Neo Genesis block/Expedition)
>Yu-Gi-Oh! (Circa 2004-2006)
>DBZ
>Duel Masters
>Hecatomb
>WoW TCG

What did you like most about the game(s)?
Favorite individual cards? Describe what the gameplay format environment felt like at the time. Any top decks you liked? Interesting brews around?
Where was the fun+excitement+intrigue in the game for you?

>hecatomb
>"cards"

VtES/Jyhad was probably the greatest multiplayer CCG I've ever played.
I guess it's not technically dead since a limited edition set is being released at some VtM convention in Berlin this year, and it's still pretty popular in Scandinavia/Europe.
Since my regular play group has long since dissolved, I was thinking about driving to Seattle this April for a regular tournament they have up there.

Rage was cool, I still have a bunch of cards from the first couple of sets.

It is a super broken game, but can be pretty fun with the right people & a case of beer.

My comrades. Maybe someday.

>Battletech CCG
God, I spent so much money on this game back in the late 90's. I'm still finding decks/opened booster packs/random single cards being used as boon marks. The 12 year old me got kicked out of more than one 'friendly' tournament thanks to my Jade Falcon Heavy Blitz deck. Good times.

>Star Wars
Another game I spent a lot of time and allowance on in the late 90's. The local group stopped playing it regularly after the Endor expansion launched, but damn was it fun.

>WHFB
F

I get to look at what little of a collection I have of MonPoc every day.

EVE: The Second Genesis. A surprisingly indepth card game, a lot of fun in my admittedly not unbiased opinion.

I saw this game around sometimes, it looked pretty cool.
Like if that old Rampage video game with the giant kaiju-sized furries was fleshed out.

Not this user but it's the second most alive TCG after MTG in my area

Who remembers the Teen Titans card game about 7 or 8 years ago? I bought a couple starter packs and then it just kind of disappeared. It was decently fun even though it was not balanced well at all.

>Pokemon (From base set 1 till after Neo Genesis block/Expedition)

It wasn't bad overall, but there are quite a few things that WotC did over the years that irked the players such as large gap between releases of certain sets and they release reprint sets inbetween them (ie. Base Set 2 between Fossil and Team Rocket, Legendary Collection between Neo Destiny and Expedition), practically non-existant major tournament scenes, and refusal to errata cards when they screwed up the translations (which inevitably broke the format, thanks Slowking).

However, the biggest offense WotC did is that they completely removed the 15+ age group from premier tournaments in the attempt to force older players to play Magic around 2001, combining that with Pokemon went past its fad phase the TCG rights were taken back by Nintendo in 2003.

I'm not sure if this constitues as Magic neckbears ruining everything or just Wizards being Wizards

The way he frames it along with the filename implies that it is dead already

Sometimes you rarely find Battletech TCG stuff in game/comic/collectibles shops. It's rare and usually expensive because lolebayprices but it's always a treat I make sure to grab for old times' sake.