Indie RPG games you want to play

Tell me Veeky Forums, about the wonderful games you find interesting but no one wants to read about and play with you? I want to try Anima and Legend of the Wulin, what about you? Veeky Forums content is always welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/KtzGn
docs.google.com/document/d/1i_4QX-Y9R6OzZBm-w6jOMpbOA1j6oXnLHjrR-knNvB8/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Legend by Rule of Cool, Legend of the Wulin, Strike!

Blam! the Blame manga game. It's on 1d4chan.

Valor, haven't had a chance to play it but it looks pretty sweet.

imgur.com/gallery/KtzGn

Please play Retrophaze with me user

Secrets from the Grave looks cool. Some Creepy and Eerie stories in RPG form? Yes, please!

Funny enough I'm actually going to be playing Legend soon.
I've played a couple sessions of Wulin, and I can tell you the base game's pretty fun, but all the extra systems involved can get pretty clunky an confusing.

I recently acquired the roleplaying rules for Millennium Blades. The board game is a goofy CCG simulator set in a card game obsessed world inspired by the YGO/Vanguard etc anime series, and the RPG rules go all out on ridiculous bullshit.

The setting is also gloriously bizarre.

The 'metaplot', such as it is, involves Pritchard Leftfield (who is literally Richard Garfield + Urza) going back in time to teach the ancient Druid Kings the secrets of Millennium Blades, which they used to fight off an alien invasion. Meanwhile, the Eldritch Entertainment Group have used the power of card games to make a pact with unspeakable evils and launch their own rival CCG, Legend of the Elder Things, in an attempt to destroy Millennium Blades, the only weapon capable of defending against them.

Behind all this the Cardinals, a sacred order established by the Druid Kings to ban and suppress overpowered cards has been corrupted into the TCG Illuminati, seeking to use their stockpile of banned and overpowered cards to control the world from the shadows, opposed by one of their own- Cardinal Baanz. Basically Judge Dread but for card games.

Those aliens are planning on invading again, by the way. One of their own is in opposition, believing they've yet to truly understand the greatest power the cards possess, and has come to Earth to try and seek out this hidden knowledge. To discover the true meaning of Friendship.

The rules themselves are light but funny, and while they technically rely on owning a copy of the board game it wouldn't be hard to replace it with a deck of YGO/Magic cards with the right variety of mana costs/star ratings.

By extra systems do you mean Secret Arts, or other stuff? Mr Rage wrote up an explanation of secret arts, as it is one of the weirdest and hardest to use parts of the system, even without the awful editing making it even harder to wrap your head around.

docs.google.com/document/d/1i_4QX-Y9R6OzZBm-w6jOMpbOA1j6oXnLHjrR-knNvB8/edit

Yeah pretty much. That and entanglement or whatever it's call just creating a shit ton more bookkeeping.

Millenium Blades is good but holy shit, the setup for it. If there was a good digital simulation for it i'd play it in a heartbeat, but manually setting things in order after each game is terrible.

Okay, I been searching for a game like this for a long while and I will tell you two to join a game I would had made on the spot if I had the rulebooks and the like but judging by the second user comment it'll be quiet hard to run on roll20

Deeds and Entanglement is kind of a pain, yeah, especially given how many Deeds the core system assumes you'll hand out. The games I'm in tend to just hand out one Deed per arc instead, basing it on the most significant thing you did during that time, which makes the progression much less awkward.

There is a Millenium Blades set for Tabletop Simulator. Even if you didn't use it for that, you could take the card images from it and use it to make a Roll20 deck.

>tfw your group is too nice to kill puppies for satan

idk how many of those would actually count as "indie" but definitely all are rather niche

>heroquest: glorantha
>apocalypse world
>trail of cthulhu
>technoir
>in a wicked age
>hillfolk
>conan 2d20

Currently I'm just GMing The One Ring and I'm happy with that but I'm bit sad I don't have time nor willing people to spread out a bit and try something else as well. Or to enjoy the game from the player's end instead of forever DM

I want to play endland3 again. I played it with a few people, I enjoyed it for what it is. The only problem is that it's not translated in english, so even if I could bring my friends to play as a group of post apocalyptic mutants that barely speak each others language, the language barrier shuts it down completly.

Has anyone ran the HERO system successfully?

Retro phaze is really good, i made the 6 ff original classes

As characters or as classes?

classes
Divided the monk in two, monk and white mage

I read it a while ago, the mechanics look really solid and I really like the way you build your own skills but some parts of the skill modification options are too limited for my taste.

For example the "ultimate skill" that you only get to use once per fight can only ever be something that does damage or something that transforms you into a stronger form, it can't be something like a super heal that completely restores your allies or something that just boosts your stats without the whole transform part despite such abilities still being an option for regular skills.

I still would like to try it out because the rest seemed pretty good otherwise but given the option I'd probably homerule some stuff like allowing the players to buy skill modifications even if they haven't reached the level requirements yet at a high mark up price.

Shit, show me that

Pic related. Have wanted to try this for years.

Ive always wanted to get a group together that plays one-shots of horribly obscure indie rpgs. Just pick a thing at random, run it for a couple of weeks, then move on.

The monk abilities where just an idea, finally i took the weakpoint detection, and more points to atlethics i think, also the red mage, is more or less the lore master

saved
This'll come handy

Yeah, ran it for newbies on roll20 and it was my best superhero campaign ever

Love the co-op battle mechanic, the semi-co-op character creation, and the free form magic system.

Too bad my group only wants d20 games with at least 100 books for me to buy/find.

ITS BLANK

For me it's opening a blank page and auto-downloading into my designated browser dump folder.

Check your folder or right-click on the title and dump it to your folder of choice.

That looks cool, but I can see why it might be an issue with some groups.