/WIP/ - Work in Progress

Drinking the paint edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
+++[OFFLINE - CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TECH-PRIEST]+++

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw
>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/07/all-good-in-the-hood-eddies-fallen-angels/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm thinking about getting the SC! Skitarii box, but I've read through the codex, and well, I don't really want to do red. I have an idea in mind, so I quickly painted up pic related just to see how it would look. Obviously it would need edge highlights still, but I think it looks pretty good for a test piece. What does Veeky Forums think?

Just came down with the flu. Working through the sick to get my Chaos dudes done.

Failed to finish this model within a week of purchase like I challenged myself to, because I ended up playing Torment all day on Monday and now I'm back in work until Friday. Gonna try and have it done tonight

I think it would look good, i think someone posted a similar skitarii scheme on an ice base in the last thread.

Not bad, at least no in my opinion. Have you looked at the other color schemes or considered your own, or are you dead set on the white. Having done a White army myself I can honestly say it's a pain in the ass.

And the main body so far

It's very nice, but it's very bright. Not that there is anything wrong with that if that's what you are going for, it just looks a little artificial and toy like to me personally.

It looks a bit washed out in the picture, but it's actually Screaming Skull.

Going to get a squad of HH Marines to do in a batch. This is my first time doing partials. What should I leave unassembled? They're MKIV if it matters.

Artificial I'll take as a positive what with it being a daemon engine. Toy like isn't what I was aiming for though, was going for glassy looking

Backpack and bolter arm+pauldron+weapon

How do I go about painting/gluing the arms afterwards?

some guy here has already done an arctic camo skitarii, it looks fantastic

Pic related works for me. For gluing you can either scrape off the paint/ primer and use plastic cement or simply super glue.

Also, if you have bare heads among your dudes, you might want to paint them separately too.

That makes it look simple enough.

I'm not painting my bases, natural rocks look a shit load better than the terrible bases you linked

>that red gem/eye on the backpack

unf

Love the demonprince

3 of my Death Guard Destroyers. Pretty much done (minus basing)

A bit too much on the helmet grills. Stop feeding the middle guy all that phospex, it isn't goo for him.

I bet death guard don't get asked to parade very often.

lads..

This churches meme is getting out of hand

a church ON the knight!?

somebody raided his Dark Angels bits box

wish they'd do higher res images for these features

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/07/all-good-in-the-hood-eddies-fallen-angels/

Painted the Bone Golem from the Conan boardgame by Monolith.

Apply some agrax over the red and gold and than highlight it a bit, should give it a more weathered and less toyish look

Looks properly agitated

Gruesome.

Mr. Skeltal evidently started lifting.

I thought so too.

With milk anything is possible.

the game any good?

The red is spiritstone over brass scorpion, what would I even use to highlight that?

Swamp Devil and Picts from the Conan boardgame by Monolith.

No idea. I havn't gotten around to play it.

You would have pre-highlighted with silver before the spiritstone.

Ah bugger. Forgive me if I don't go back and redo the whole thing

Similarly you would want to preshade. I'll drop the FW knight candying tutorial for reference.

1/5

3/5

4/5

I did preshade but may have gone overboard with the drybrush afterwards.

I'll give this a read. Really it was only something I decided to try on the spot

5/5

Goddamn dude, seeing how good these are is seriously demoralizing.

Alright you fucking nerds whom do sisters conversion. I need to know if the immolator kit sold on GW's website has a plastic turret sprue with the SOB helmet on there. If it is, I can justify the purchase of it for the head because I can get an extra rhino out of it. If it's not in there, I won't buy.

I'm back, lol.

Not to be funny, but I feel like I've seen these every single hhg and wip recently. They are dope, but we don't need to see them at every stage.

Well, it's a good idea. If I was shooting at it, I'd aim at the cunt in the tower first rather than the head.

My Imperial Guard are arctic camo, so I was going for something different, yet with some similarity with the Skitarii.

It's a shame that LOTR is dead.

The guy is one of ADB's close friend, he's been going at thi army for quite some time, I remember a blogpost from ADB fawning over these beautifully painted models ages ago.

My city(more like "extremely big village") still have 5-6 active players.

Why does the guy at the top look a bit heretic to me ?

Pretty sure he's a Fallen Angel.

i love how gritty these are. bet they look great on the table.

Im stilling some tanks with Purple Power, Let it soak so far for 12 hours and all of the paint is off, expect for the primer.
I used the GW chaos black spray, and I heard it stains primer. Should I let soak for another 24 hours and try again? And if the primer wont come off, should I:
paint right over the primer that wont come off?
prime over the primer that wont come off and then paint?

So heretic ?

Looks like meat's back on the menu!

A JOB WELL DONE

Can I just use Abaddon black to brush on a mini to use in place of spray on primer in a pinch?

The Fallen are the most loyal of all Dangles... The Lion will say so once he comes back!

That's what a heretic would say

>Can I just use Abaddon black to brush on a mini to use in place of spray on primer in a pinch?

Base paints don't have the same properties as a primer. You can try this, but if you have any discerning taste at all, you're going to be disappointed with the outcome.

At the risk of your paint peeling off.
Abaddon Black from a pot isn't a primer, it's normal paint.
It's not going to stick to the plastic nearly as well as a brush on primer would, and would be at risk of being damaged quite easily.

Bump. I got an idea for the canonness I wanna convert for my friend, but I need to confirm.

I believe it should. I'm still waiting on my own Immolator, but a guy at my store has one assembled but not painted that he showed me. Plastic, and the sister sitting in the turret did indeed have a helmet.

So here is an update on my scratch built taurox. I can't decide though if the bed should have a step profile from side to side(-_-) or flat(---). Any thoughts?

Where did you get the wheels?

They were off of a 1/35th scale puma scout car I hacked up.

>have the front plate of a rhino lying around

where the fuck do people get these bits?

So step sides in the bed or should it be flat?

I found it in a flgs bits bin. So idk who gave it up. I also have like 5 rhino doors.

I also got these skittle shock sticks from a friend but I don't know what to do with them. I was thinking of making some rough riders with them but I am not sure though. I like to scavenge whenever possible. Hell most of my plasma guardsmen use astartes guns.

Anybody here make any sort of miniatures from clay? Here's something I've been working on for one of my players.

>tfw have no idea what the hell I'm doing

You think it would be possible to graft those onto an actual taurox hull?

Other than the nipple holes i think that is awesome. Most I do is some greenstuff though.

Moldlines aside, how do you feel about my boring warrior?

Does anyone know where to find stencils that are fine enough to work on small models? Specifically raindrops to airbrush onto my Blood Angel rhinos.

generic/10

Looks nice enough I guess, don't have any particular feelings about it

Nice and rusty. Maybe some light in the eyes to add some life

The mini is well done but the base is pretty lame.

yep, he's an iron warrior

Being functional but boring is a bolter marine's job, so he passes with flying colours.

Probably, I bought that puma model to convert into a Valkyrie (delayed until I'm not a scrub) for 15 dollars. So I figured I need to use it on something.

yes, I was trying to get a sand desert effect, but I think Im no even close to pic related.

he looks nice. maybe put some highlights somewhere on it

Working on my Lootas, these are super fun to paint.

I love Lootas. I almost want to get some just to paint, but I have to actually finish my first army

Do I put the waxy side down or up for a wet palette

Oi git! Whoz dat dreadnaughtmon?

Iz Triple-kan, into da foight!

>Tttttrrriipplllle-kaaaaann

How big are the Sigmarine's bigass shields? Could an Ironjawz Megaboss comfortably hold one to convert him into a Black Orruk Big Boss?

This is simultaneously one of the stupidest and most genuinely orky things I have ever seen.

A weapon to surpass metal gear

I don't know if I like or hate it.
The Tartaros Termie reminds me of Squidward in his impenetrable snow fort while the Chaplain looks off in someway I can't put my finger on.