Kingdom Death General

Hasn't been one in a while.

Post your minis, your questions, your stories, your hopes and dreams.

Extra Phoenix Droppings;
>Kickstarter 1.5 Page:
kickstarter.comprojects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview:
vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels

Other urls found in this thread:

kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/sign_in
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=16132919#comment-16132918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So, about to finish up my current campaign with victory or death. After this I plan to do Dragon King for the first time.

Does Dragon King play well with any expansions? I'm thinking of swapping in Slender Man, since I am kinda tired of Armored Strangers and the Kingsmen.

Likewise, can I afford to add in or swap around Quarry?

Slenderman is a bad fit for Dragon King, since it gradually takes over your entire campaign.

While some people would recommend against "diluting" your Fighting Art and Disorder decks with other expansions, I've found that it makes very little difference. I would work in Gorm, Flower Knight, Dung Beetle Knight, Manhunter, and possibly Sunstalker.

> since it gradually takes over your entire campaign

Does it? I haven't used Slendy before, wanted to keep my first game fairly vanilla. I hear that he eventually replaces the rest of your nemesis fights. But I'm okay with that since my group is sort of 'meh' on the Butcher and the Hand anyway.

Is there any effect beyond that which would screw with Dragon King?

What's the best place to get a replacement Flower Knight mini? I'm fine with plastic or resin, but my current mini broke during a move and even after fixing it you can tell it was busted.

There's a re-caster on e-bay who does some of the minis... not sure if that's one of them. 'B-' quality resin recasts.

How does a B- resin recast compare to the game plastic?

I know that there are differences between the resin and plastic versions in the first place, so I'm not clear on what a B- resin cast would look like compared to what I got in the box.

What you got probably looks better, even if it's busted. You also run into scale issues with the chinamen.

An occasional bubble here and there. Extra thin in some places (e.g. cloaks). Some rare occasions of small sections missing (one I bought had a tiny gemstone missing on some clothing. It probably broke off in the mould).

That's if the seller hasn't been shot by youtube yet. He was pretty cheap though.

Sorry... ebay, not youtube,

Well, that's disappointing. Why would anyone every buy a mini in that quality?

I can kinda understand it for a wargame like 40k, where you often need a lot of copies of the same thing and you might not always need them to look pretty. But for a game like KDM, or if you are just collecting the minis for your own personal collection, that sort of quality sounds horrible.

So what are the bookies going for on the delay to this 1.5 version of the game?

Everyone will get their content on time, except for twinplebs and frogderps. They will be made to wait at the back of the line, and shall receive all content with a 1 wave delay.

So, avoiding the kingsman is a staple. We only fight him just the mandatory time because he is pretty hard and his reward feels more like a punishment, give me Hand or Butcher anyday.

imagine being a latepledger

Because it's not really much worse than the official KD resin they sold, which I'd only rate as 'B' anyway. Had to fix some of the stuff I bought direct from KD before. Some minor putty skills and you're good to go.

So what would you guys do to a Seven Swordsmen campaign to make it more interesting/balanced? Assuming they would be fine in battle, how would you stop bad ecent from culling your tiny population?

Wanna run a campaign where each "swordsman" has a different weapon proficiency and make the ultimate goal a set of Green Knight Armor bur I'm afraid I wouldn't even make it past LY 5 without hunt and settlement events wiping them all out. I was thinking I could run it like a Hero Mode game where they can't die but if they lose against a nemesis it's game over?

So I seem to have deleted the email that has the pledge manager link in it. Can anyone link that for me?

It wont work. Your link was unique, ours won't take you to YOUR PM. It would take you to ours.

f you think you deleted, check your trash folder of your email. Hope its still there. Otherwise, email poots and explain the situation.

Pretty sure I remember the login so I would be able to access the account. I just can't remember what pledge manager program is was being done through.

kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/sign_in
Just fill out the 'lost your survey' field. As long as you haven't also lost your email you're fine.

thanks bud, and yeah it autocorreted me to my account. I just needed to see how much I owed.

How many campaigns have you guys run until victory or death?

About to start my 12th (and have 2 others still ongoing). Hope GSK will be out in time for lucky number 13.

On my third now.

I've changed Intimacy so only 1-2 result makes you lose your female survivor. You also can reroll once each time you have to roll in the hunt table.
Another change is that you can decide before drawing HLs to do less hits than you already rolled, making speed not a detrimental stat.And "prepared" is not longer about straggler nonsense, you get +2 on your event roll if you are the straggler.

The game gets a little easier but more balance and enjoyable, You don't like because "muh difficulty" blow me

Must admit im quite impatient to get into this game.
Just wish 1.5 would come before autumn 18 due to the inevitable poots does a tabularasa 4-5times

Why are you telling us how you nerf the game?

What color schemes do you associate with each monster? Some of them seem obvious, like the White Lion, but others might be up to more personal taste.

I don't own the game yet but I've seen some really nice minis around. Love to see peoples different takes on the Dragon King

I have an extra I could sell you, not even scalper level of price. Drop an email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

[email protected]

You should have received upwards of 5 reminder emails by now if you haven't confirmed your pledge yet.

And still there is none that you say "Yep, that's a nuclear dragon"

The hunt phase is garbage, but you made it even worse.

Should I get Green Knight Armor and a set of extra dice?

I was looking at the requirement expansions for Green Knight and I'm getting them all, but people say its tough to actually build the set in game (haven't played more than 2 lantern years yet).

Concerning extra dice I was planning on getting some Chessex anyways but would be nice to have some extra hit location dice.

Also Black Knight best sculpt

There was that one guy who did his with a glowing chernakov blue theme, but the problem is that sort of paint job is really hard to do. especially without an airbrush.

Epoxy that fucking gap in the head, jesus christ.

Male witches best witches :3

Oh man we can't start this shit storm again.

The TL;DR version is thats actually a female thats either 100% flat or breasts cut off or something. Apparently there can't be any male red witches according to Pariah's back story.

In other news I want to try assembling my Fade but I'm scared I'm going to fuck it up. Should practice more on some random Age of Sigmar Seraphon fucks I have laying around.

She's a woman, just a fairly masculine one.

>male face
>male torso
>"m-muh female character"
There's no reason getting one's jimmies rustled just because he's fit and smooth and cute, user.
Dude looks like a cool witch made for kicking survivor ass.

You're the upset one that your headcanon is objectively incorrect.

It was confirmed by Poots in the update that all 3 are females. It's a fact not a preference.

Bahmp

What do you guys think about the addons I'm getting?

>wanderers, promos, crossovers
>red waifus but no pariah
>no screaming god for that extra +5 years
>no cute mosquito
6/10 maybe 7

I ended up cutting all the promos and stuff. The content vs cost isn't worth it. Even if they're impossible to find I don't really care much when I save an extra $300~ or so by not getting them. I factor in the MSRP of the discounted xpacs when considering their worth and figure I'd rather save the $50-$40 on screaming god and cute moth/pepes.

I'm still paying less than a gambler lantern at the end of the day so for me it's been super cost effective.

>Not getting Anonymous Survivor expansion.

$20 is a steal for a 30mm scale amazon with the biggest tits and possibly hips ever professionally printed in hard plastic. It also is coming with a not bad amount of game content.

Also pledge manager isn't closed yet, there's still time to get money.

I'm going to pretended you're not retarded.
Compare that shitty shit to Bone Armour.

Both are $20.
>wanderer
1 model
3 gear
1 SFA
1 Philosophy
1 booklet+story event

>Bone armour
2 models
mini rulebook (bigger than booklet)
1 Location
25 Gear
+ more
+synergy with new bone eater from GC

It's pretty obvious which one is worth more.

The wanderers aren't the most cost effective thing being sold but I don't think they're a rip off either. It's honestly hard to say since a lot of their mechanics are still generally unknown.

When it comes to getting new expansions I just have a hard time justifying that much more money. I would LOVE to get Screaming God cause I love the sculpt but I'm already getting Abyssal Woods and I'm not sure how much play time the expansion would legitimately get being a end game only fight.

Cute Mosquito is Cute but I worry about the sculpt being cumbersome to play with, like Spidicules (which I'm only getting cause Abyssal Woods requires it).

Decent reasoning for sure. Just remember the wanderer stuff is in the GC. You're getting it anyway, but it's worth noting.

I'd agree if you're going full AW cute mosquito isn't really needed. Same with the screamer.

Seeing how much Poots stressed Bone Armor is going to cost a metric fuckload of resources, it may end up being comparable to Green Knight in that you may never finish it.

Meanwhile, wanderers can likely more easily used.

Also, just because one thing is a better value than the other doesn't make the worse-value item have bad value.

Also my argument was based on the more subjective standpoint of the model itself, not the objective quantity of content provide for buck. I'm getting everything but if I wasn't and needed to be picky, I'd cut bone armor because it looks a tad boring to me.

You don't need to come close to finishing green armour because most of the pieces are good enough on their own.

Same for bone.

Goof.

>using the Green Knight model for a survivor without a complete set.

Absolutely disgusting.

fucking shit taste.

That's what you're supposed to do.
You're not supposed to use more than three or so xpacs in a single campaign. Which isn't enough to build it all in the first place.

>You're not supposed to use more than three or so xpacs in a single campaign.
>Not supposed to use all the required expansions to complete the special KDM-collector dedicated expansion that requires almost every expansion to complete.

It's like you missed the entire point of the Green Knight.

>newfags

Those KDM general arent poping up often enought
is there any other place to discuss about the game?
aside from vibrant lantern and the terrible BGGforums?

Big medical bills popped up so I had to cut back a pretty big bit. I love the miniatures so I've kinda gone with the minis I really want.

-Dragon King
-Dung beetle knight
-Flower knight

I have enough for one more $80 or so expansion but not really keen on any other of the models and want something to add to gameplay a little more than what I've chosen. Anything really pop out as worth it? I've only just started playing the game on tabletop sim so I don't know too much yet.

take a hardcover book or campaign of death and the super survivor expansion.
pariah, and redwitch.

Im 2000$ in with a gamers lantern plus dime addons. And Im looking at the percival pledge but It looks to me that is more expensive that the sum of its parts.

Does she have a beard? No? Then it's a woman. Done.

Percival only gets you a 500$ t-shirt, don't bother with it.

It has a subreddit, as you can imagine.

If you want pinups, Percy is still a better deal than gamers.

>If you want pinups, Percy is still a better deal than gamers.
Ganers + 5x Pinups of Death boxes + Super Survivors = $1650 + $575 + $40 = 2265

This gets you everything Percival gets except the t-shirt and Percival herself for $235 less.

So no, Percival's is just a shit deal.

Bump of the Lantern

Who is your favorite Disciple of the Witch and why?

#5 - ever since we concluded what she looks like

lewd

Ya, that's the point. Also POST IMAGES FUCKERS

So, I hadn't checked my email and just found out the backerkit manager.
I had a $300 Black Friday Lantern, but I'm tempted to add some cheesecake and/or game content now.
Once I hit submit on the backerkit, there's no going back, is there?

Poots will announce when the last moments are for the backer kit.

Right now, you don't need to add more.

I don't know if you can add more after adding more a first time or not.

So patience is my ally.

>dem hips

>bloop

Reminder you don't need the 1.5 update pack. Node 5 expansions besides ID start 5 years before GSK.

Don't start this shit again. Such bad bait.

Green Armor looks rad as hell, but I'm only getting DK, DBK, and Lion Knight. Can any of the pieces be built with just those monsters, or is the entire armor set going to end up shelfwarming?

There was a post somewhere on Reddit talking about replacing certain parts to make the armor with base game materials. Let me see if I can find it.

Its true though...

Crafting the entire set requires rare resources and innovations from the Dung Beetle Knight, Flower Knight, Lion Knight, and Gorm expansions.

You should consider getting FK and Gorm because FK is pretty fun to hunt and fight, and Gorm is the only White Lion replacement you can even play with for the next several years when 1.5 content finally ships.

in my P: I currently have the core box and the gambler's chest, what expansios should I get that will be worth the most money if I do not like the game and sell it. I really hope I like the game though, and find friends who will invest themselves in it...Bookkeeping 101

Play the game on Tabletop Simulator to see if you'll like it.

Here's the MEGA with PDFs in it.
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

1.0 expansions that are in high demand are Dragon King, Dung Beetle Knight, Flower Knight, and Gorm. DK is the bigbadass model, DBK is the dev's favorite, FK in general sells quick, and Gorm had med-high demand because it's a solid expansion that replaces Lion, but is ugly model that puts some people off to it.

Spider is also worth extra mention since it and FK are part of 1.5's Abyssal Woods.

For 1.5 content, The Wanderers are all going to be limited print and will always have collectors value.

Abyssal Woods and Satin aka Ivory Dragon are high value targets.

Screaming God and Nightmare Ram are also popular.

>mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
cheers man

Says on Abyssal woods you fight the death Chicken after GSK, Campaigns of death also requires GSK as it specifically contains 30 year campaigns which are only possible with GSK. Screaming God might happen before GSK but it still happens post watcher, meaning you will have no final boss if you don't use both.

DONT DIE ON ME!

How do people find timw to fight Gorm? Assuming Cat's Eye Circlet is crucial I usually spend the first 3 LY before Butcher crit fishing the Lion to try and get an eye. After Butcher I'll usually start on Screaming Antelope or FK until Phoenix. Then there's so many late game options like SS and DBK along with higher levels of all the other hunts, where does Gorm ever get a chance to fit in?

Also how would YOU do a Gorm prologue to literally replace the White Lion hunt?

I have Gorm and it's only hit the table once and I went right back to Lion so I could continue grinding circlet. Am I dumb? Is circlet not that worth? Should I forget about the circlet and just hunt Gorm to hunt Gorm?

I want the stone face bases but wave 3 is so sad

Push molds. That's all you need to know.

Specifically, you can use Oyumaru to most cheaply and most effectively do so. Western shills repackage it as instant mold for bad upcharge. Just get a dozen or two sticks of it on ebay.

PLEDGE MANAGER CLOSE DATE ANNOUNCED

MARCH 20TH, 2017

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=16132919#comment-16132918

hey guys :D

Which pack is The Wanderers

The Wanderers are new. I don't think they've had official documentation on how to use them published yet.

Oh so its in that expansion? I have most of my money in the promos since 1x runs, and the Dragon king expansion/Lion God .

Wanderers include Anonymous Survivor, Goth Amy, Sodapop girl, Hyperlight Drifter, and Pathfinders. They're all promos that will see limited additional prints that will only be sold as extras or distributed to certain parties for giveaways.

I plan on having an Anonymous Survivor giveaway on either my birthday or Decemberween after that wave releases, depending on when I get my extras.

Sorry didn't mean to confuse with the image, just grabbed some random Kingdom Death related thing.

So the wanderers will have their rules/instructions posted in the advanced rulebook which is coming with the Gamblers Chest.

It's a little confusing but from what I can gather you will need the Gamblers Chest (Or be willing to pirate the instructions/rules) to use Wanderers.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but thats what I gathered.