Are birds overpowered in Dungeons and Dragons?

Are birds overpowered in Dungeons and Dragons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AfsnHVaScjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>A thread died for this

Are women overpowered in Dungeons and Dragons?

Are numales overpowered in Dungeons and Dragons?

are they any real life occurrence of human using bird for combat ?

Wild Emus.
You can't train them.

>ywn be that bird
Also shit thread
I remember apes being OP for druid pets for low level 3.5 though

holy shit, i knew i recognized this gal from somewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=AfsnHVaScjg

I'm fairly certain mongols had trained hawks. But I don't know of any times they were used for combat

The picture you posted makes the thread worthy of existing, though.

>A thread at the bottom of page 11 that hadn't been bumped for several hours died for this

Did you have anything else to add?

I don't know about real life, but in The Dark Tower they work pretty well.

No, but rats are.

You can use falcons to bypass no singles policies, but that's about it

Compared to housecats? Won't someone think of the commoners!?

It had more value in it than either this shitpost, or your miserable life.

Cats are freakin' terrifying monsters that pray upon whole kingdoms. Almost demi-lich levels of power. That's why no-one ever talks back to them. Pic related.

Isn't that eagle a bit too close to her face. These eyes seem to be in danger.

It doesn't look like she's planning to bite the bird to me.

I know 4chins is a great place for QT'S but she is beautiful.

Modern day mongols use eagles to hunt animals.

she has kind of an Elrond thing going on with those facial angles

Is the bird a wizard?

Long face is loooooooooooong.

it is now.

I know what my next character is

I don't think anyone ever made that copy pasta with birds. So no, they are not overpowered.

Dude, everyone used birds for hunting.

DEX is the prime stat so we're doing pretty good, thanks! ^w^

He's got a pretty hot familiar? Useful for carrying, too

One person in my party has a bird pet that keeps on taking eyes.

Like seven times it's left some poor mook a cyclops

You can train kevlar wearing eagles to hunt down drones. It's actually stupidly simple and effective, eagles take down anything the can fly and drones are big, slow and loud. The kevlar protects them from the drone's blades. The French army uses this.

This made me laugh more than it should have. I'm stealing this for something in the future.

Sure, but can they catch nuclear missiles?

Didn't think so.

If you upgrade them from normal eagles to Freedom Eagles, they probably can.

>A thread at the bottom of page 11 that hadn't been bumped for several hours died for this

Even sadder when you say it like that. This thread was literraly posted just because OP wanted to post that butterface with the bird

Raven would be better since Ravens can speak, verbal spell components.

>ravens can speak
I was shocked to discover that one day when a raven said "hello" to me. It didn't even have a bird accent the way parrots do, but spoke sounding almost completely like a person.

There is one in my yard that spams hawk calls when I put a fresh block of suet out, in order to get the other birds to fuck off so he can eat in peace.

Every time i read something like that i am relieved that primates evolved opposable thumbs before any other crafty species did.

Corvids with opposable thumbs would be absolutely insane. There's nothing they couldn't achieve.

They still do, and Kazakhs too that I can think of.

Aren't there bird training rules in Greyhawk AD&D1 main book, or am I just imagining that because of the name? It's been thirty years since I read whatever I think I read.

Maybe, but I'd like to overpower that bird, if you know what I mean.

The most fun i ever had playing a ranger, i had a talking raven as my companion. He was unable to attack on his own (nor would i put birdbro at risk), but he could talk, make perception checks using my bonuses, and if i threw him an item he could drop it on people.

I would entangle motherfuckers and have him drop a flaming potion on them. Later on in the campaign our wizard was able to store spells in bottles, and that worked out well.

Also having a flying messenger was surprisingly useful in non combat scenarios.

Corvids have their own language, poorly understood by humans.

>that butterface
I think she is attractive.

I think if anything birds are underpowered in d&d.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself joined a local bird watching organization and received a series of field guides with information on over 75 genera (that's about 900 species) and I've been observing them in the wild for almost two years now. I can even perfectly mimic the calls of most local species.

Nature spent millions of years honing predatory dinosaurs into birds, to produce the finest killing machines known to mankind.

Bird bones are thrice as light as Mammalian bones and thrice as hard for that matter too.
Anything a mammal can cut through, a bird can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a Cassowary could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Antartica? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Penguins and their flippers of destruction. Even in The Great Emu War, Australian soldiers targeted the Emu with their weapons on full automatic because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Birds are simply the best animals that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d&d system.

I literally need to roll a character that rides an emu

It's like pottery.

birds are very important

she wouldn't be a butterface if she weren't attractive, she'd just be ugly