Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Unironically the best chapter, edition.

>Dank Daily Duncan (do NOT fuck with this, you'll make Duncan cry)
youtube.com/watch?v=jFqfjg5K7bM

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 300% organized, apparently.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs. They're really fired up!
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book, please ask us about it anyway
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (No, they do know how magnets work)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jj2KyGVLeJI
youtube.com/watch?v=DpMMJ_wTx10
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Chainfist
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Power_Fist
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
youtube.com/watch?v=PaV3ku2aGOc&list=PL5xjyNnFNOoXLoYJ6RYbwvIjfJ3BGiJVd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love the Marines Malevolent.

List 1 or 2?

1 represents some extra investment while 2 is is more WYSIWYG and rule of cool with PF champs in most units likely to see melee.

Decided to randomly start reading Shield of Baal: Exterminatus on my phone while on the bus and holy shit this stuff is riveting. Nids in the lore are scary as fuck.

>tfw you painted your entire army and realise you don't actually like the colour scheme

So what exactly are Ruststalkers good for? I have one squad of each Sicarian, and last game they broke and ran against fucking SCOUTS. Infiltrators pretty much always pull their weight, can't figure out how to make these guys helpful.

Also, damn these swords are fragile. One guy already has had his Razor shortened to a punch dagger, I've taken them to the shop once.

While it's expected that op is a faggot, at least pick a random video with some semblance of entertainment,

That's what stopped my Guardsmen / Henchmen army. Can't find a color scheme I like

pretty much nothing.
Sicarians are straight better

I'm going to be building a Guardians of the Covenant army. Am I better off using the Vanilla marine codex, or the Dark Angel one?

I don't particularly like Ravenwing, so Deathwing & the Special Characters are all I'd be getting out of it.

youtu.be/jj2KyGVLeJI
>Finally have cypher and the fallen rules and formation
>Its in French
Reposting from last thread, need translations

Reposting video because people are either blind or lazy youtube.com/watch?v=DpMMJ_wTx10

Do you have any suggestions?

>I'm going to make a Dark Angel successor chapter, but not use any of the DA unique stuff

At that point, you're effectively turned Dark Angels to a Chapter Tactic that limits your unit choices. Compare and contrast.

Roboute
>Row-boo-tay

What were they thinking
His name should be some badass roman shit

>no wargear list for fallen
>no rules regarding loyalists
>no formation

Is this gonna be a new meme.

>Roboute
>Robot
>necrons
The ancient necron race was humans all along

Is the formation that essentially makes cultists Necron Decurians (4 up reanimation) worth it points wise in a below 2000 point game? Would they prove a threat? Or would I best just take something else?

>I love the Marines Malevolent.

How hard is the formation to read? Cypher, 1-3 Fallen. Rules were posted before video came out already in the last thread.

That's a qt fedora-chan you got there.

Besides, there's literally nothing wrong with the Marines Malevolent.

>and now leading the glorius imperium of man
>general bootay

Painting for the first time, my minis are basically dark purple + gommorah's gold for the edges.
I cant really say what colour should i use for guns.
Also black undercoat.

post pics

Thin your paints
Use layers of darks and lights
Watch saint duncan on youtube

Saw a guy wearing a tshirt with a fuckhuge Blood Angels insignia across the front while at work today and it took all my strength to not go full autistic and screech at him that Ka'Bandha did nothing wrong or something

I have a scout titan. How the hell would I go about using it in a game(what book, I mean). Is it a dick move to bring one in a 2500 pt list? What do I need to do in order to use it?

Anyone got a slaanesh/emperors children wallpaper, mobial or desktop that won't get me judged in public?

>gathering storm.gif

Roboute bootie bootie bootie crusadin everywhere

>Rowbooty
Lmao

Auidible kek
Oh its coming buddy boyos
Hold those minis tight and maybe your army wont get squatted

Well at least the cheetahs have something new to kek at

>he already fucked with Duncan
HOLY SHIT YOU ARE AS MUCH OF A FUCKING FUCK AS YOUR GAY ASS FAVORITE CHAPTER

So I'm not the only one who referred to him as Robert Gulliman?

So is everyone on Nocture black in the current fluff and they just get blacker once they become Space Marines due to the damage in the geneseed, or are there people from all races there and they all become jet-black with time once they become Astartes ?

Is that motherfucker fighting Fulgrim wielding a chain wrench?

That's god damn Ferrus Manus, and Fulgrim made that chain wrench

Your words make me sad.

So, is 40k actually fixable without an Age of Sigmar style reboot? Are the GW rules writers even competent enough to fix it with a reboot? Could even a competent team actually balance the large number of units available without making them terribly dull?

Or is it basically always going to be a just-for-shits-and-giggles game unless you are playing against an opponent using the same army or one with a very close power-level?

I call him Bobby G.

He's got balls of steel

The only balanced version of this game is an Ork vs Ork mirror match because this is the only army that doesn't instantly gain unbeatable advantage within 1 turn.

Man I'm new here, the only reason I know about fulgrim is from another thread, I jumped in to see what was up with this game that Veeky Forums apparently loves and because I liked the space marine video game. Does it have a lot of chain wrenches? That's pretty badass if it does.

You get a Salamander Seed you become jet black. Original skintone does nothing.

Question to Marines players:

I really like the Stormraven, and I'd love it even more with the Chapter House conversion kit.

Anyone had any experience with both kits? I hear Chapter House has finally restarted activity.

How's the Stormraven on the field? I'm thinking of using it with Vanguard Vets for my Carcharodons.

The only way to fix 40k is to have simultaneous shooting rounds. There's too much fire power in the game for turn 1 not to be a game decider

I want you seed Vulcan chan

Why is Age of Sigmar so fucking shit? Fuck GW and fuck them rebooting 40k

For me I only like them for looking cool as shit.
For my next squad of Sicarians I'm building them as Ruststalkers to run them as Infiltrators, but those claws and swords look awesome, and I wish there were hoods for all the models.

> Does it have a lot of chain wrenches?
Oh lord you are really new.
Lots of chain swords and chain fists, not so many chain wrenches.
The 'wrench' in the picture is normally described as a hammer. Makes me wonder what made the artist think of it as one big wrench.

And fuck off too

It's a slightly cheaper more mobile land raider. I like it a lot. Assault vehicles are pretty much never bad, especially in marine armies

I did i did, i just want opinions of you guys what color would fit the two i listed in my original post.
I already posted it two weeks ago, that's the first mini i painted. I still have no idea how to paint guns.

Age of sigmar isn't shit tho, it's actually just better than fantasy in almost every way

The game was always for shits and giggles. If they want to even it out all they need to do is re-balance things in all the 8th Edition Codices, by actually fucking play testing the stuff instead of just shrugging and say "Yeah, looks fine to me." Play testers should also probably not be biased, so the Space Wolf player shouldn't be balancing Thousand Sons material.

>no tomb kings
*autistic shrieking*

If I wanted to sell my minatures what would be the best venue?

>So, is 40k actually fixable without an Age of Sigmar style reboot?
Yes.

>Are the GW rules writers even competent enough to fix it with a reboot?
No.

>Could even a competent team actually balance the large number of units available without making them terribly dull?
Debatable.

Pity, I like having one HQ as my avatar but I don't want to be an albino Salamander.

facebook page of your LGS
or ebay

Yeah, I knew about chain swords, like I said, I liked the Space Marine game. How do you do a chain fist? Is that like, chainsaw brass knuckles? That sounds really kickass, actually. Is 40k easy to get into? I've never done wargaming before, but I'm the sorta shitty nerd who's done some modelling and shit, I collected those plastic gundam kits in high school.

Helmets mate, there are an absolute fuckton of them so you can be an albino and nobody will ever know

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Chainfist
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Power_Fist

I said almost every way. Fantasy was superior with its army selection and model range. But it's only a matter of time before AoS gets all that back

Start there:
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Bear in mind this is a VERY vast setting, and and old one, so there is A LOT to cover. Take your time, there's something for everyone. Remember that is was written by English people years ago, it was never actually meant to be a sensible setting, so it's okay if stuff doesn't make sense. It functions on the rule of cool.

When you're done with Lexicanum, go there:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000

It'll help put things in perspective, and get a less "official" idea of things. Careful though, it is filled with memes to the brim, the majority of them outdated, so take what you read with a grain of salt. A lot of these articles are written by the same small amount of people with obvious bias so remember to not take everything at face value. Still funny though.

Really the best way to start is to explore the Lexicanum, even just picking a random article from the main menu can teach you loads when you follow and read link after link.
You can also lurk Veeky Forums. Don't worry if you see very strict opinions on some fluff of factions, many of us have forgotten that it is just meant to be a game and that it was never meant to be taken seriously.

Have fun.

Did they pronounce it like that on stream or something?

Also, I bet they think in hindsight some of the Primarch names are stupid.

>Ferrus Manus
>literally "Iron Hand"

>Roboute Guilliman
>Leader of a Romanesque legion with a non-Roman name

>Lion El'Jonson
>Lionel Johnson, gay English poet

>Angron
>One dimensional angry guy

Try reading their old lore which was actually good. Shield of Baal was shoddy drivel.

Okay, cool; I'll start reading then. I know my LGS has some people that play, I can see if they're in next time I go check for new RPG releases and talk to them.

What's the actual gameplay like? Like I said, never wargamed before; but I've done RPGs for awhile, if that helps you put things into terms I can understand. Mostly DnD/pathfinder and one game of Shadowrun I was in once.

This happened to me at the end of last year, stripped the entire army and am now re painting it

Fulgrim and Mortarion?

Chainfist is like a HUGE glove with a chainblade running along the bottom of your hand from wrist outwards. If you're looking into starting I'd recommend hanging out at a few shops or attending the beginner events they hold (ours are weekly but YMMV) to see if its really your cup of tea before you spend all your shekels

Fall of Cadia. at some last pages there were colour schemes for a lot of SM chapters, some skiratii and even for tempestus, but of course no schemes for the sisters, fucking dammit last codex where they even get any Order's symbols was 3rd ed.

youtube.com/watch?v=PaV3ku2aGOc&list=PL5xjyNnFNOoXLoYJ6RYbwvIjfJ3BGiJVd

I always felt the traitor primarch names were too obviously bad guy sounding

If you're curious about how the games played check out some killteam videos as they tend to be much shorter and easier to digest, just bare in mind killteam is a sort of spin off and some of the rules are different

now that mat's back they actually have some competent rules writers

Not really Fulgrim or Curze

I can't stop mastrubating to Sisters

Ive never seen an ork vs ork game, imagine the assault phase

>ok ive got 90 attacks
>your guys are all dead but they get to attack back
>also 90 attacks
>now mine are all dead

The game would be over turn 3 max, which is still a 6 hour game from moving hundreds of minis and making attacks

This is the only reason why sisters have any popularity, and is the best reason why they should never get new models

Devil Dog or Exterminator with 3 heavy bolts for anti tank. I have no leman russes or tanks, only chimeras, artillery, and infantry thus far

so how do we make the orks great again?

>Exterminator with 3 heavy bolts for anti tank
Nigger you wot

Curze always went by Night Haunter so I'd argue that.
Fulgrim fair enough that could go either way, it still sounds a little edgy though

I can't stop mastrubating to Slaanesh

Exterminator with Multi-Meltas and Lascannon is better for anti-tank. S5 is only good against AV11 or 10.

the stream had the two commentators saying different things, sometimes changing how they say it

the trailer has two different pronunciations as well

I'll wait until I see how jes says it in the design interview, because he's usually good at that.

mech vets with meltas and meltabombs for anti tank.

alt

deathstrike missile launcher

Give them Waaagh-Synapse
>when ork units are not in range with the synapse unit, they start killing each other for no reason. Roll a dice each turn for casualties and remove the amount of models shown on the dice number.
Also Fearless

Better stats and better rules.

Mortarion is probably a play on Mortem (Latin for death) and Carrion (rotting flesh)

1. furious charge gives +1 strength and +1 initiative.
2. waaaagh! gives all orks hammer of wrath.
3. if orks are numerous they should be fearless. so maybe some kind of unit strength table and if you have above lets say 12 or 15 your unit is fearless.
4. less random shit.
5. big choppas ap4. choppas ap5.